[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/shw/ SHINY HUNT WEEKEND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 52

File: ShinyHunt82.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyHunt82.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Dark arts edition

It's that time of the week again, get in here and hunt with your fellow autists for that shiny you've always wanted, and maybe even laugh at the people that fail their shiny.

>What are you hunting?
>last shiny?
>Were you happy with said shiny?
>What's your favorite game that isn't pokemon related?
>>
Minior, 88 boxes in!
About a month back, unaware pyukumuku after one with innards out!
>it's cute and vaguely usable as a stall mon!
>in terms of total playtime, dota 2, then tf2
>>
File: Cv9JsrPWIAExQM7.png (471KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cv9JsrPWIAExQM7.png
471KB, 1200x1200px
Bred for a shiny Grubbin yesterday, took about 200 of the little shits. But Vikavolt is the game's best shiny so it was time well spent
>>
File: The Legend of Wooper.png (309KB, 677x540px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Wooper.png
309KB, 677x540px
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Nothing currently, but i'll probably start Dexnaving a Sewaddle later
>last shiny?
Mimikyu
It's missing attack, but i don't care.
Majora's Mask probably, i've beaten that game dozens of times. trying to play the remake for the first time and i can't say i'm too big on it
>>
>>31253336
Looks like a pretty neat shiny, I'll probably go for one myself in a later game since i'm not a fan of SoS. What are you gonna name it?
>>
File: 420.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
420.png
7KB, 256x256px
shiny bagon refuses to hatch
Friend ball bagon, perfect IVs.. just waiting on that glorious shiny.
>>
designated quiet suffering thread can't die yet
>>
Adding people while you're in festival plaza is such a fucking ordeal, i hate it
>>
File: IMG-20161220-WA0026.jpg (2MB, 2368x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161220-WA0026.jpg
2MB, 2368x4208px
>>31253526
Hi
>>
>what are you hunting?
Sandygast, 690 eggs in.

>last shiny
Wailmer, during my story playthrough. Random encounter.

>happy with shiny?
I named her Bertha and she is comfy in my shiny box

>favorite game that isnt pokemon
Counter-strike Global Offensive

GTA V and overwatch are other current flavors of the month.

I really just want this shiny done. I need to start breeding competitive mons for battle tree and a monotype tournament with my friends, but I can't stop yet.
>>
File: howmanyboxes.png (33KB, 930x738px) Image search: [Google]
howmanyboxes.png
33KB, 930x738px
How fucked are you?
>>
>>31254954
I've been chaining for a shiny Pichu for over 7 hours now. Am I doomed to spend eternity in this hell /shw/
>>
>What are you hunting?
Nothing at the moment- just breeding Cubones for the Battle Tree.
>last shiny?
Wimpod
Extremely, got it in 21 eggs of starting
Dragon Warrior Monster
>>
>>31255023
>chaining

You do know the shiny rate and ivs reset at the 256th encounter right?
>>
>>31255044
Even for ally chaining?
>>
>>31254556
burrito taco
>>
>>31255057
Yes lmao
>>
>>31255081
Fuck. So when I reach 256, I guess I just run and start over or what?
>>
>>31255057
Yep, that's what i mean. If you choose to SoS chain, if the 255th encounter isn't shiny, reset your game. you'll save wasting leppas and potions

It's an absolutely terrible replacement for dexnav and it leaves me with a new appreciation for gen 6
>>
>Hunting
Nothing at the moment
>Last shiny
Shiny Ponyta in X/Y Friend Safari
>Happy with shiny
It was pretty cool, it was my 2nd shiny
>Fav game
Banjo-Kazooie
>>
File: 1482735913154.gif (436KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1482735913154.gif
436KB, 540x540px
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Doing Magikarp swap breeding, only 30 eggs in so far. Whatever stats/gender/ability the shiny happens to be locked into will determine what Pokemon I swap Karp out with.

The parents I have lined up right now are Salandit (juuuuust in case), Pyukumuku, Rockruff, Cutiefly, Vulpix, Stufful, and Mareanie.

>last shiny?
A level 100 Oranguru that I happened to find on GTS. Was probably hacked. I don't care.

It was on my shiny to-do list, so yes.

Super Mario Sunshine
>>
>What are you hunting?
Currently, a shiny Alola Meowth in Moon. I'm putting my 650+ egg hunt for Eevee on hold along with Rowlet.

>last shiny?
Within 40 minutes from each other, I got a shiny Stufful, and while trying to level up my shiny Snorunt to Glalie for my living dex entry, I found a RE A-Raticate.

Of fucking course!

Any Dragon Ball Z game for the PS2
>>
>>31254954
22 boxes and counting.

End my life
>>
File: Cytube.png (95KB, 341x299px) Image search: [Google]
Cytube.png
95KB, 341x299px
Movies are starting soon, good luck with your shinies.
>>
>>31256044
thx bby
>>
>>31254556
why is it in spic
>>
>What are you hunting?
Rockruff. 12 boxes so far. Free me from this.

>Last shiny?
Eevee while chaining for HA

I love shiny eevee. Nature was hasty though so no idea what to make with it.
>>
>>31256167
Probably Leafeon. 252 Atk and Speed. Its Defense is already high.
>>
Got this little cutie last night after about 16 boxes or so. I totally wasn't going for stats though, so it's kind of a waste. I still love her though.
>>
>>31256203
Thanks! I'm still learning about the more competitive scene, so I end up getting kinda lost about this sort of stuff.
>>
>>31256364
If you do some SOS chaining, you can level up on Alolan Rattatas/Alolan Digletts for Speed EVs and Yungoos for Attack EVs, and because it's SOS, it'll give you 2 EVs per Pokemon you faint. I'd suggest Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Return/Quick Attack and X-Scissor/Dark Z-Crystal or Grass Z-Crystal.
>>
>>31256635
I'll get to work on training him and try this out. Thank you for the suggestion, I was looking forward to using this guy but I just didn't quite know how to
>>
If you guys lost your saves would you quit playing pokemon altogether?
>>
>>31256987
I'd rebuild, stronger, better
and I don't have pokebank so that's basically what I have to do anyway
>>
>>31256987
Be pissed off and not want to play for a while? Sure, understandably. Quit playing altogether? Hell no.
>>
>>31256987
Answering my own question.

I'd either cheat all of them back in, or just quit the series. Now that i have CFW i'll probably copy my gen 6 saves just in case.
>>
>>31256987
>>31258283
Why are you even considering this sort of thing becoming a reality? Have you ever spontaneously lost save data that was younger than 10 years old? Or did you just want to show off to all your 4chan buddies how cool you are for hacking your 3DS?
>>
>>31258332
>Or did you just want to show off to all your 4chan buddies how cool you are for hacking your 3DS?

Oh piss off, i'm just paranoid is all. You never know when a save might end up corrupted.
>>
>>31258359
Love you too anon-kun~
>>
over 1500 eggs and no shiny chansey.

that face when
>>
>hunting?
Skiddo, after completing my current X run and getting the radar and charm
>Last shiny?
Totodile in HGSS
>Happy?
Yes, but I was going for Chikorita and got the other two starters first
>Favorite non-PKMN game?
Blowverbotch
>>
File: 1376266644851.jpg (7KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1376266644851.jpg
7KB, 217x250px
>>31258584
>he quit hunting for chikorita

Get back on that, anon
>>
>>31258610
Didn't quit it, all of my SR hunts are constantly on and off and usually just done when I have nothing else to do.
>>
just grabbed a shiny bewear off the gts
shame its a bad nature but I got a life orb along with it so its still a neat catch
>>
>What are you hunting?
Magikarp Method, options between Dhelmise, Rockruff, Jangmo-o and Mareanie depending on stats and possible hidden ability.
>last shiny?
Wimpod, now a Golisopod
I mean, it's nice to have but it's adamant and has a 0 in attack so Hyper Training it is, then I'll be happy.
Fire Emblem. RNG-involved games are some of my favorites. Fates is fun for PvP occasionally.
>>
>>31258731
just grabbed another, shiny feebas
came with mirror coat and a prism scale
all they wanted was a herdier
I don't understand why
>>
File: shiny mareep (5).jpg (70KB, 935x890px) Image search: [Google]
shiny mareep (5).jpg
70KB, 935x890px
>>31256044
Chain Letter is starting soon, get in here if you want to watch a bad horror movie
>>
>>31258941
How do you find so many shiny pokemon in the GTS? All I got was a shiny type:null from putting a turtnator for trade
>>
>>31259278
Not the same anon here, but it's relatively easy since people tend to put shinies up for random Pokemon. I got a box full of GTS shinies relatively quickly.
>>
>>31259368
Doesn't really feel the same if you weren't the one that caught/hatched the shiny. Plus I wouldn't really trust most shinies out of the GTS what with all the people just injecting them into their games nowadays. Only shiny I ever put up on GTS was a shiny tentacool I spent 4 hours on chaining and it was for a Solgaleo, which I got almost immediately.
>>
File: 1454207188667.jpg (81KB, 513x373px) Image search: [Google]
1454207188667.jpg
81KB, 513x373px
>>31259278
>shiny type:null
but in all seriousness, you just have to have perseverance and luck, its not that shinies are rare on the gts, their hard to find because they get gobbled up fast.
for those 2 I snagged I missed about 4.
try looking on the pages for version exclusives and commonly bred mons like eevee, also common wild pokes pop up frequently as well
and obviously having a living dex or as close as possible helps immensly
>>
File: leaked pikmin 4 images.png (7KB, 159x159px) Image search: [Google]
leaked pikmin 4 images.png
7KB, 159x159px
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Regigigas, 1497 SRs
Treecko, 1000 SRs
>last shiny?
Zorua
Ye
Pikmin
>>
>>31259442
I definitely doubt it's legit, but hey it's a shiny type:null, until I reset my own it's a bit nice. Then, I'll give him to my friend who doesn't mind that much.

>>31259413
I agree, I like to breed or catch my own most of the time - but some cases it would be nice to have an easier way. I have been trying to catch some on and off for a friend and my shiny luck has been very fickle.
>>
>>31259413
most of the shinies I've gotten through the GTS were obviously legitimately caught (bad natures, poor IVs etc), but I definitely agree that it doesn't feel as good getting them on the GTS rather than getting them myself. I like the Rockruff I chained for 5 hours to get a lot more than the Kyurem I snagged off the GTS for a genie.
>>
File: 1463782883986.png (335KB, 887x634px) Image search: [Google]
1463782883986.png
335KB, 887x634px
Quick question my dudes. I'm using Masuda method and shiny charm to hatch eggs. What are my odds exactly?
>>
>>31259575
I think its 1 in 1024 iirc. I think your chances are also a little better if both the pokemon in question are foreign to your region since I've had better results from breeding my German ditto with my Chinese magikarp instead of just having the ditto be foreign and you breeding with a pokemon owned to you or your region. Don't quote me on that though, just saying based on results.
>>
>>31259575
I hear 1/512

I dont think >>31259650 is right, and i think ONE of the two should be from your game
>>
Is there like some kind of lock on shinies appearing in SOS chains with Pockemon from rippling fishing holes

Because statistically I shouldn't have encountered 970 Luvdisc without a shiny one showing up especially when most of my shiny encounters have been under 200
>>
>>31259774
No shiny lock on that, anon. You just have had shit luck.
>>
>>31259791
I didn't really think so

This is nonsense though, the worst part is in Gen VI a shiny Luvdisc would have been a twenty minute job
>>
I have literally never had a shiny pokemon before in my life that wasn't scripted (The red gyarados). I've waited 13 fucking years for one, ever since I found out shiny pokemon existed, although if we want to get picky you could count even further back since I played through the entirety of ruby without knowing they existed.

I'm currently attempting to breed a shiny magneton for my doubles team, and i swear to god i've gone through a good 400 (Just a rough estimate because I've dumped out portions of my boxes by now.) And i'm using the masuda method and shiny charm. I know I COULD get a shiny through chaining, but this way it'll have the near perfect IVs and the nature I want.

Basically I'm doing this entirely out of spite because I've NEVER had the fortune of this working in my favor. Fuck RNG, fuck everything it stands for, and fuck the fact that my brother basically when he was young and played around on my games for fun after I was pretty much done with them ended up with a shiny BIDOOF. I didn't even see him catch it. No excitement, just sorrow.
>>
I've been resetting for Type: Null for days. When is this fucker coming
>>
>>31259899
You realize you're going to have the WORST POSSIBLE ODDS for this, right? no shiny charm, no masuda, no chaining. You don't even get to use synchronize or an everstone to pick a nature. I mean it's still not as bad odds as earlier gens, but still.
>>
>>31259961
So I've actually heard that the Shiny Charm works for it, and you do actually get to use a Synchronizer to select for a nature. I've been using one the whole time. However, this isn't as good as 1/512 odds of course.
>>
>>31259899
about 1500 in for me.
>>
>>31259877
Welcome to the club. I play since Red/Blue, so I theoretically witnessed their introduction, but apart from the scripted one, nothing. And I have several hundred hours on each save, but still. So yeah, fuck RNG.
>>
>>31259989
oh... wait you've already got one then? Okay, you're fine. I thought you were about to do this for the one the game gives you. Okay, you're not as bad off as I thought you'd be here.
>>
>>31260020
I made sure to get the Shiny Charm before I attempted, as I'm not entirely masochistic.
>>
>what are you hunting
on and off hunting Deino via MM in moon and Registeel in OR, about 4 boxes and 774 SRs respectively
>last shiny
Wimpod a while back took about 600 eggs, and Regice that i had injected because i got fed up with it
>happy with said shiny
happy with wimpod, not really happy with Regice since i had to inject it
>favourite game that isnt pokemon related
probably Skyrim despite not having played it for several months
>>
File: die.jpg (255KB, 1961x1831px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
255KB, 1961x1831px
>>31261812
>Regice that i had injected
>>
>What are you hunting?
Miltank - currently 35 blessed boxes in.
>last shiny?
Feebas, it took 35 boxes but my previous Stufful only took 3 boxes and it was a hexaperfect. With this information I have concluded that I deserve this fate.
Feebas was a christmas gift for my bff, Stufful I was unbelievably pleased with.
Unfortunately World of Warcraft, or Wind Waker.

thnx u 4 reading
>>
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Gonna go back to breeding for shiny litten as soon as I finally finish the dex and get the charm
>last shiny?
Eevee, thread on this board and trips told me to evolve it into Sylveon
Eh, can't complain. I have a handful and Sylveon is pretty dang cute
Tekken, ever since my brother introduced me years ago. Hype for Tekken 7, whenever that comes out...
>>
>>31254954
I'll still never forget that time I bred like 10 boxes of hawlucha eggs and I got my shiny adamant on the SECOND fucking egg
I did wanna McFucking kill myself
>>
>>31262597
You see, this is why i'm cycling out my eggs as I get them.
>>
>>31253257
>Finished hunting till HA Alola starters are out
>Salandit
>was happy with it until I noticed it was male
>Final Fantasy V
>>
>what are you hunting?
SOS'ing painterboi smeargle
>last shiny?
quad-perfect cutiefly
>happy?
incredibly, took only one 50 SOS chain
>Favorite non-Pokemon game?
Skyward Sword
>>
I've been chaining crabrawler for fucking 3 hours and still the fucker won't show up
>>
>>31254954
40 boxes for Minior
>>
>>31262333
fuck you anon its a bitch to tell if its shiny unless you see or hear the sparkles
>>
So, past week has been really lucky for me. Total of 5 shinies added to my collection. Wasn't even trying for any of them.

First was a Treecko. Went back to Gen 6 to do some breeding, and the very first egg I hatched was a shiny.

Some time after that, was breeding Goomy, and during the course of breeding for IVs, I ended up with not one, but TWO SHiny Goomy.

Next up, started to do some EV training, and run into a Shiny Zubat.

Finally, the last I didn't catch myself. I was just asking for a Porygon2 on the GTS to complete my Pokedex on SM. And the Porygon2 I ended up getting was a shiny.
>>
File: shiny regice.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shiny regice.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>31262932
I did it in emerald. What's your excuse?
>>
So I'm at 688 eggs and I still don't have a shiny Tirtouga. I have the Shiny Charm + Masuda Method. Does it usually take this long for you guys? I hatched a shiny Rockruff in 179 eggs and a Rufflet at 250 so I don't know why I'm having such shit luck right now.
>>
>>31262986
Point still stands though.
>>
Hatched a Meowth at box 22. Komala hatching atm.
>>
>>31263005
What method(s)?
>>
>>31262966
not being autistic enough to stick to hunting regice i suppose
>>
>>31262803
I'm not calling you out on your opinions here, you're free to like what you like, and I know it's off topic from the thread, but please explain to me a little what you like about Skyward Sword. Of all the Zeldas I've beaten (and that's every single one except for Adventure of Link, the Oracle games, Four Swords, Tri Force Heroes, and I guess Hyrule Warriors if you wanna count that), it's by far my least favorite.
>>
>>31263140
>he hasn't played Zelda 2

Once the weekend's over, get on that
>>
>>31263152
It's too clunky for me, and that comes from someone who loves Zelda 1. The side scrolling just does not gel with me at all.
>>
File: 20170107_043913.jpg (953KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_043913.jpg
953KB, 2048x1152px
Got pic related in a chain less than 30. Nature made me sad.

I almost want to rehunt for it. Is it more worth it to hunt with cute charm or a timid synchronizer?
>>
>>31263140
You need to get on to beating the Oracle games.
>>
>>31263275
The Crown Dungeon in Oracle of Ages completely killed my desire to finish the game. Not gonna lie, that was one poorly designed dungeon. It was like amateur ROM hack tier.
>>
>>31263290
Rolling Ridge and Jabu-Jabu are two big mistakes
>>
>>31253257

>What are you hunting?
Alolan Vulpix, nearing 240 eggs in(8 boxes)
>last shiny?
Sneasel, took me 24 boxes so hoping for a bit more luck
Looks sweet, no real ability bullshit needed to make it viable so I'm happy
Monsterhunter, can't wait for doublecross man
>>
File: IMG_0920.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0920.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31262986
Wimpod took me 800+, turtonator took me 600+ so yeah
Just finished mming komala in 250 eggs and now I'm 4 fucking hours in for fuckcrab
>>
>>31263260
Keep cute charm, at least you can GTS the shiny females with shit nature for good shit
>>
File: 20170107_044136.jpg (911KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_044136.jpg
911KB, 2560x1440px
>>31262993
678 EGGS LATER AND IT WAS WORTH IT.
>>
File: 20170107_044215.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_044215.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>31263497
I am so happy right now.
>>
File: skitty.jpg (7KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
skitty.jpg
7KB, 250x187px
>>31263497
>>31263513
Congrats! What are you gonna name it?
>>
>>31263522
What should I name it, Mr. Dubs?
>>
>>31263531
I'd give a suggestion, but i'm terrible with names. I ended up naming my Mimikyu "Pikachu" with the quotes and everything
>>
>>31263497
>>31263513
Oh fuck, didn't know titouga was teal
Too bad cranidos shiny is pretty shit
>>
>>31259774
Okay I'm at 1040

Did my shiny charm break or is my game glitched out or did I upset some god or
>>
>>31263734
1050 here my man.
I'm breeding pyukumukus and I've never had success with the Masuda Method before. I've tried Litwicks, Eevees, Beldum, Magnemite, Squirtle, Dratini and more. I just gave up around 400-600 for them but I'm more determined now but if I don't get a shiny by 2k I'm just straight up giving up on Masuda Method forever.
>>
>>31264035
I'm not doing rodeo sim for this, I've somehow rolled triple critical fails on max chain odds for like four cycles
>>
File: Abe thumbs up.jpg (85KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Abe thumbs up.jpg
85KB, 1024x768px
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Decidueye. Mainly because I like its cyan blue coloring and Rowlet was the first pokemon I chose in Moon.
>Last shiny?
Mimikyu
Yes, considering I got it 5 eggs in using the magikarp method after completing my pokedex for the shiny charm and catching a shiny skarmory the night before.
I'd have to say Abe's Oddysee for Playstation 1. Mainly because it was the first game I ever played and had alternate endings based on how many people you saved/killed.Basically if you were a dick to everyone, you got the bad ending where you died horribly for being a prick.
>>
>>31253257
Hey everyone :)
>What are you hunting?
Breeding for Morelull. Only 15 boxes in so far. Can't complain. Putting it off temporarily and SOS Chaining for a Contrary Fomantis.
>last shiny?
Paras! Just under 1K Calls.
Absolutely! I was hanging out with my cousin, and I was complaining that I had killed too many Paras, and then it showed up! It was wonderful.
Probably Shovel Knight.

Good luck, everyone!
>>
File: IMG_20170107_212343.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170107_212343.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>Tfw finally got it after ~684 or so eggs
You guys can do it!
>>
File: IMG_20170103_161537.jpg (419KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170103_161537.jpg
419KB, 1280x960px
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Vikavolt
>last shiny?
Araquanid
Haven't felt that happy in a while
Not sure. I like story-driven games like The last of us(sequel hype!!!)
>>
File: shiny roggenrola.jpg (47KB, 486x678px) Image search: [Google]
shiny roggenrola.jpg
47KB, 486x678px
>What are you hunting?
Just finished this guy after 4 eggs

>last shiny?
Beldum, 903 eggs

Yup, Jolly with 5 IVs, SpA was the holdout. Couldn't get better

Xenoblade Chronicles

What should i go for next? Mimikyu, eevee or sableye?
>>
>>31267302
Tough choice, golden sableye, monochrome Mimikyu, or a silver eevee. Eevee has a few evolutions that look good as as shiny, particularly umbreon and sylveon imo. Up to you.
>>
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Trumbeak
>last shiny?
Elekid!
Yes! Electivire is my fav gen 4 pokemon
Super smash bros
>>
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Gastly.
>last shiny?
Stufful, 356 eggs.
Yep.
Earthbound.
>>
>>31253336
Name it Pro Genji
>>
File: 20161231_112417.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_112417.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>What are you hunting?
Beldum
>last shiny?
Pic-related
Yes, good nature and egg moves, penta-perfect with fantastic speed.
Fallout: New Vegas
>>
File: 1472708648798.jpg (189KB, 1160x809px) Image search: [Google]
1472708648798.jpg
189KB, 1160x809px
>>31254954
Almost done with the 7th box. Hoping to get to the 11th box by the end of the day.
>>
>>31254954
I've got borderline psychotic already
>>
>>31254954
my 3 shiny (magnemite, honedge, mareanie (2 were a random unexpected accident) all took under 3 boxes of breeding.

Pic related accident mareanie
>>
>>31263051

Masuda and Shiny Charm.
>>
>>31268294
nice man, i got a shiny mareanie from vp but of course it wasnt legit. i'm breeding for minior right now and i wonder traded that mareanie since im fucking autistic and i didnt want a hacked shiny giving me bad luck
>>
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Shiny Zubat, I'm doing a Shiny-only run in HG and full odds shinies are fucking hell to hunt
>last shiny?
Chikorita, 2496 SRs
I would've preferred Shiny Totodile or Cyndaquil, but yeah
Danganronpa
>>
File: 1465052097350.jpg (618KB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
1465052097350.jpg
618KB, 1201x884px
Shiny legendary events fucking when?

It took Xerneas and Yveltal four goddamn years so I guess it's not looking good.

Fucking Gamefreak and their "they're story related so it wouldn't make sense if they turned shiny all of a sudden lol". As if that proved to be a problem up until Gen4.
>>
I really wish I had the attention span to do this for longer periods of time, rather than just whenever I have youtube videos to mostly just listen to or something. As it stands I've only filled in... I'm guessing nine boxes or so (I'm guessing because I dumped out a good half of the rejects at one point.) And it's day four.

Kind of reminds me of when I tried to get victory cry early in persona 4 and it took me three days. I've done the math on that one and the odds of it were only 1/192. I think i'm cursed.
>>
>>31254556
Why do you have two Fletchinder
>>
I'm at like 4 boxes of drizzle wingull
>>
>>31270329
When you break 20, then we'll talk.
>>
File: 1483048618929.png (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483048618929.png
90KB, 640x480px
i've been hunting for a shiny eevee for two days and i wanna kill myself

i just want my sylveon
>>
File: what is wrong with you.png (103KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
what is wrong with you.png
103KB, 256x256px
>>31270329
>actually hunting that disgusting little zubat of the seas
>>
>>31271548
How deep into the rabbit hole are you, anon?
>>
>>31264132
There's no way you've chained that many fish without getting a yellow one.
>>
File: m.jpg (118KB, 540x475px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
118KB, 540x475px
>What are you hunting?
an eevee to evolve into leafeon. probably the least impressive shiny of the eeveelutions, but still my favorite, so.......

>last shiny?
drampa. hatched a shiny in like 20 eggs but it was before i had gotten a parent with the right nature. second one took me about 1k eggs because god hates me

yes! i was worried he wouldnt get berserk or would be missing an important IV, but he's basically perfect, egg moves and all. i love this shiny

fallout new vegas

>>31268037
gud taste
>>
>>31273745
I woulda thought the same
>>
File: 1388435396529.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1388435396529.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>31271557
>she doesn't like pelicans
>>
>What are you hunting?
Pyukumuku
>last shiny?
Magikarp....... again
No. I really didn't need another.
Yokai Watch
>>
>>31271548
Good luck, anon. I gave up on my oras hunt for an Umbreon-ready Eevee after about 1000 eggs.

>Hunting
Mareanie
>Last Shiny
Rowlet
>Happy with it?
Fuck yeah, like Chestnaught, Decidueye's shiny is a completely delightful and eye-pleasing alternative to the normal color scheme which is relatively bland.
>Favorite non-pokemon game

Shit.
Mass Effect series? Deus Ex: HR? Destiny? Dishonored? Bloodborne? Rock Band series? I like all kinds of stuff.
>>
>>31253257
>What are you hunting?
Mimikyuu
>last shiny?
Boldore
Very, it was my first ever shiny.
I've been playing since gen 4 and I made a vow not to shiny hunt until I found one naturally.
Now I'm on my first shiny hunt.
Wind Waker
but Super Mario Sunshine is a close second.
>>
Trying to get blood tinted Mareanie, barely started though. Only around a full box or so but I didn't want to properly start until I got the charm.
>>
Been in sos hell 1487 in for sandy with no luck :( dose not help I have yet to get a charm. I don't know how much more incan take X_x
>>
File: KARLStefa.jpg (17KB, 311x364px) Image search: [Google]
KARLStefa.jpg
17KB, 311x364px
My nightmare is nearly over, after a solid week of grinding 1700 eggs: I finally hatched a shiny magicarp. Just have to parent switch and get my Moldavite.

All of my other shiny pokemon this gen have been 300 - 400 eggs so this has been longest yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 700x900px
>>31278523
I have a follow up question,
Since this is my first shiny hunt I want to know if there's anyone to raise my odds.
I have a shiny hunting Smeargle with
False Swipe
Recover
Recycle
Aerial Ace
it's ability is Own Tempo and is holding a leppa berry.
Is there anything else I can do?
>>
>>31278718
anyway*
fuck
>>
>>31278612
What is this magikarp method meme?
>>
File: IMG_1453.png (698KB, 681x2766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.png
698KB, 681x2766px
>>31278755
>>
>>31254954
Where is "stopped counting boxes and just release immediately" tier? Because I'm at that.
>>
>>31278804
This looks great. But the autism still remains, right? It's just speeding up the hatching process but bit necessarily the finding of a shiny?
I mean, the chances of getting a shiny is still the same it's just a lot easier to go through 30 eggs of magikarp, right?
Does releasing the karps afterward make any difference?
>>
>>31279036
>But the autism still remains, right?
Yes.

>It's just speeding up the hatching process but bit necessarily the finding of a shiny?
Yes.

>I mean, the chances of getting a shiny is still the same it's just a lot easier to go through 30 eggs of magikarp, right?
Yes.

>Does releasing the karps afterward make any difference?
No.
>>
>>31279036
>>31279072
And another benefit to doing this is that, if you come across a shiny egg using this method, the inheritance values will remain the same no matter what parent you replace the karp with, basically meaning that as long as you have a stockpile of perfect parents at the ready, you can "sample" all of them and pick the one that's best suited to the offspring's stats.

e.g.,
>if the shiny inherits every stat from both parents except for speed, which is randomized, that will be the case every time
>if the shiny rolls a value high enough to have its HA (if the parent has one to begin with), it will roll that possibility every time
>in this case, you may choose to substitute the karp with a Regenerator Mareanie on standby, because Mareanie does not need speed and it wants its HA, rather than something like Bounsweet, which wants speed and would prefer Queenly Majesty over its HA

You can also use this to test if a shiny will happen to roll the 12.5% female chance for starters/Salandit. It's why I have a Salandit prepared for this very situation, just in case.
>>
>>31279235
Oh, and for added autism, knowing that an egg is guaranteed to hatch shiny means that you can even go as far as to have birthplacetism and make a shiny hatch in an appropriate location for its species. Being able to hatch a shiny Mimikyu inside the Thrifty Megamart would be cooler than having it born on Paniola Ranch, even though it it's an extremely minor detail.
>>
>>31279281
From balltism to birthtism
Where will it end, anons?
Planning to try for a shiny beldum soon, although I dunno which shinies look cool.
This is still Hella autistic though but it sounds a bit faster in any case
>>
>>31279401
It's much faster. Compare Magikarp's 1,280 steps to the average 5,120, and then to the 10,240 of pseudos. No matter what extra steps you take to ensure your Pokemon is as perfect as possible in every minor little way, you're still saving bundles of time, and the amount of time saved only increases as your MM gets longer and longer.

This is like the strength of three Hatching O-Powers combined upon each other, permanently. The only thing is that you need to be careful of when you save, and to make sure that you have no unhatched eggs when you save, and that's literally it.
>>
File: 1465114370920.png (271KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465114370920.png
271KB, 800x800px
>>31253257
>>What are you hunting?
Nothing
>>last shiny?
Yungoos out of nowhere, and a Poliwag when I was trying for Politoed
>>Were you happy with said shiny?
Always
>>What's your favorite game that isn't pokemon related?
Toy Commander
>>
>>31253257
I've found seven shiny Salandit. Three were male so just reset. The others I've given to pals, kept one, and reset on the other. I'm not giving up until I find a good nature for fuck sake. Shit's pissing me off but I want my perfect shiny lizard queen.
>>
>>31280001
You're better off doing as >>31279235 said and swap breeding for Karps until you get one that rolls the 1/8 female roll. You'll be able to get the exact nature you want, too.
>>
>>31254954
Combee Guy Tier. 1600 eggs for Minior
>>
>>31280082
Wait shit i thought that said 50+. Im just psychotic.
>>
>>31280027
So what, breed Karps until it has a decent nature and hope the shiny is 1/8 female? Will the shiny always be female? Could you keep rerolling the egg for female salazzle?
>>
>>31280125
>breed Karps until it has a decent nature
make sure the ones you breed have the nature you want
>>
>>31280192
I read the image but am not sure about something. Say a Mgikarp egg is shiny. I go through the process of switching it for Salandit. Can you keep reseting until the shiny egg is female or will it always spit out the same gender?

Speaking of incase I try this out, anyone happen to have a spare foreign timid Ditto with good iv's?
>>
tomorrow is to be day five of my hunt for just one goddamn shiny after 13 years of my life. I'm so tired. I don't know how many boxes i've gone through as I've thrown away a lot of them to clear up space, I just know it's over 12 at least. This magikarp method sounds good and all, but I'm honestly just... I'm just really tired.
>>
File: pro chain fishing guide.png (9KB, 316x235px) Image search: [Google]
pro chain fishing guide.png
9KB, 316x235px
>>31280382
If you want your first shiny, just go to gen 6 and follow my guide to get your very own shiny.
>>
>>31280529
Hilarious.

I'm trying to get a shiny magnemite specifically. I've already bred the parents perfectly, so it's going to have at least 4 perfect ivs... attack isn't perfect in one of the parents because foul play. I wanted a magnemite because... well honestly because I wanted to fill my doubles team up. Occasionally my friends and I do multiplayer stuff together online, and we've banned tapus and UBs... which were the things I was trying to use to help carry me through the battle tree singles.

(They weren't enough, because at one point both my opponent and I had our pokemon faint at roughly the same time, and I basically just had to blindly guess what pokemon he'd switch into. Which then proceeded to take out my two other team members.)
>>
>>31280579
So it has to be Magnemite, huh? I hope you have the charm.

Don't burn yourself out man, go play another game for a bit and hatch a box or so here and there. Pelago's there to help you make some progress while not playing
>>
>>31280256
The values that get inherited are fixed, but the specific traits will vary depending on the parent that's in there.

For example, say you have a 6V Ditto, and a karp with 0 in everything. You get a shiny karp that has 31 / 0 / 0 / 19 / 31 / 31. This shiny is programmed to inherit HP, special defense, and speed from Ditto, and attack and defense from the second parent, with special attack being locked in at 19 no matter what.

If you reset the egg and switch karp out with a 6V Salandit, the shiny offspring will have 31 / 31 / 31 / 19 / 31 / 31. Those 0s from the karp are now replaced with 31s from the Salandit, but a predetermined egg will still always inherit that specific configuration of stats.

For gender rolls, the game will roll 1 - 8, where 1-4 = male, and 5-8 = female for a 50/50 Pokemon, and 1-7 = male, 8 = female for a 12.5/87.5 Pokemon. So if you hatch a shiny female karp, you'd want to swap in a Salandit just to see if the karp rolled an 8, which would get you a shiny female Salandit.

IV inheritance configuration, gender roll, and ability roll (1-100, broken into 5 brackets of 20 to determine primary/secondary/hidden ability) are locked in. If you get a male karp, swap for another Poke you want a shiny of and get back on the ride.

Nature is completely negligible for karp. No matter what the shiny karp comes out to, if the Pokemon that replaces it holds an everstone, the expected egg will still come out shiny while also having the everstone'd nature.
>>
>>31280611
The starter/Salandit gender ratio should be 87.5/12.5 instead of 12.5/87.5, whoops.
>>
>>31280606
Yeah, all 301 pokemon registered and everything. I typically have just gotten myself so tired of the experience that I really only do it when I have a youtube video that's mostly audio in my subscriptions.

Masuda method too, so the odds are ONLY 1/1024.

For reference, I once spent three days trying to get victory cry early in persona 4, so my 100% compendium run would actually be feasible. And doing the math on that, that was only a 1/192 chance. So I'm not exactly hopeful of my odds here.
>>
>>31280643
PRetty sure the odds with the charm are 1/512
>>
File: 20170108_221203.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170108_221203.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
1721 eggs
>>
>>31281637
Congrats! Is it a physical or special one? I decided to try a special minior for my shiny one since everyone expects the physical one.
>>
>>31281701
Predominantly physical, but with Power Gem instead of Stone Miss.
>>
>>31281637
Your fingernails are as black as that Minior anon.
>>
File: IMG_20170108_093800_384.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170108_093800_384.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Enemy trainer has a fucjibg shiny. I just discovered it, apparently the game is a bastard like that.
>>
>>31282959
it's scripted
>>
>>31282959
At least you get quite a few gold nuggets as an apology for him parading his shiny in your face.
>>
>trying to breed perfect HA vulpix for friend who just lost his best friend
>accidentally shiny perfect but ~28 in attack
>he's overjoyed, give it to him
>show it to bf
>says he wants one too
>back on the wild ride with me
And that bastard just bred a shiny Rowlet in less than 30 eggs. I'm waiting for the HA one to be available, but I'm still a little salty
>>
>>31283182
Why are you doing good things for a friend's bf????
>>
>>31281637
Why would you make another thread about your shiny when you know anons always say "release it?"
Like, sure, you just soft reset after doing it, but why would you do that to yourself?
We're proud of you.
>>
>>31283182
Why are you breeding for a dead guy
>>
>What are you hunting?
Sandygast, been chaining on and off for days.
>last shiny?
Female Salandit after about a 500 chain.
Minus the nature (Impish), yeah.
Uh, probably Borderlands or Fallout.
>>
>>31283973
Fuck, broke another chain.

Is SRing in Poké Pelago worth it? I've currently got a Staryu, Gatly and Kadabra visiting.
>>
File: 20170108_173222[1].jpg (1MB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
20170108_173222[1].jpg
1MB, 2240x1344px
So I decided to get the charm first before breeding. Only things missing were a couple trade evolutions and Celesteela (now only Celesteela and boy is that thing impossible to get). I was a bit surprised when I checked the gts yesterday and someone gave me a shiny Milotic but it was very obviously injected since the OT is PKHeX.
Just now I checked the gts again to see if someone was kind enough to trade me a Politoed since I tried chaining for one but eventually gave up. I got pic related. What are the chances this is legit since it's in a dive ball with a good nature and pokerus?
>>
>>31284230
slim to none
>>
File: 1448972788919.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448972788919.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
Trying for a shiny Eevee. Masuda, with charm.

Calm, Moon Ball. I really want a shiny Umbreon.

Only one box in so far, but I sure hope this goes better than my last try with Masuda (1,000 Mareanie eggs before I gave up).
>>
>>31284936
Holy fucking shit, are you me? I'm MMing the EXACT same thing, but I'm 650+ eggs in. Good luck!
>>
>>31284936
can I have a breedject female in Moon Ball?
I love the Johto balls
>>
>>31285039
Sure, you can have one right now, though the IVs'll be garbage, is that fine? Also you'll have to guide me through how to trade with you specifically, haven't used 3DS online in a while.

>>31285024
Good luck to you too.
>>
File: 1439509809206.jpg (45KB, 343x429px) Image search: [Google]
1439509809206.jpg
45KB, 343x429px
>>31285039
I wonder if any future games will allow you to have pokeballs made like they were in gold/silver/crystal or HG/SS.

I imagine it being something like the poke pelago where you could grow the apricots, have some sort of place where you could decide what kind of balls they would be made into, and have it be up-gradable so you gain access to more ball types/faster ball production (excluding rare/exclusive ones like Master balls, cherish balls, or something like the GS ball)
>>
>>31285168
We could do it through GTS
Do you want to put up the Eevee for a Pokémon or something?
I could trade you something, but you have the charm, you have it all :c
>>
>>31285414
I don't really need or want anything, you can just have it for some trashmon. Does GTS show trainer name? If so, you put something up and then I'll search for it. If not, then make the nickname something recognisable too I guess.
>>
I'm really glad I stopped caring about balltism a while ago, because I'd probably be in seven different layers of hell right about now if I was as opposed to just the RNG hell i'm in now.
>>
>>31253257
MASUDA, WHY HAVE U FORSAKEN ME

so many boxes in SM, not a single shiny...every single egg was MM
>>
>>31284936
>>31285039
Seconding this request, shit IVs don't bother me, but I'd love a calm moon ball Eevee for my own breeding project.

I'll put up a Metapod?
IGN: Jonathan
Level 13 metapod in a pokeball,
Message is "I want to trade for a treasured pokemon that has been raised from an egg"
Thanks in advance anon, and good luck hunting!
>>
File: 1480594216355.png (290KB, 720x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1480594216355.png
290KB, 720x1310px
>>31285715
Done. Enjoy.
>>
File: Cute_eevee_CUTE.jpg (43KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cute_eevee_CUTE.jpg
43KB, 500x523px
>>31285767
You're the best.
>>
>>31285462
Putting up a Drifblim Lv 50 Male
IGN: Santos
Thank you, I was a little busy before
>>
>>31284936
>>31285168
>>31285462
>>31286491
it got sniped, let me know when you are available. Thanks in advance
>>
>>31286491
You'll have to wait a little since the RNG really doesn't want to give me females. It's given me like a box straight of males. I'll inform you the moment a female shows up.
>>
>>31286713
>>31286608
>>31286491
Right, got a female. Put something up and I'll do the trade.
>>
>>31286931
Putting up a Zubat
Pokeball
Level 55 female
IGN: Santos
>>
>>31253257
>>What are you hunting?
Currently nothing, any suggestions?
>>last shiny?
Had a few leftover eggs, put it in Isle Aveup, got shiny dratini HA, proceeded to go on wonder trade and get shiny Type: Null.
>>Were you happy with said shiny?
With Dratini I was but Type: Null is most likely hacked so not really.
>>What's your favorite game that isn't pokemon related?
League of Legends, CS:GO, and Overwatch.
>>
>>31287142
Done. Sorry about the wait.
>>
>>31287258
Thank you
>>
>>31254954
Does Combee Guy still post here? What is he up to? Are there screencaps of him? I remember when he first got it. What a day.
>>
>>31287471
Once he got that shiny he left, pretty sure
>>
File: WIN_20170108_15_54_17_Pro.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170108_15_54_17_Pro.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Decided to take a break from Moon to BS around in X's FS and then this happens. I wanna say like 15-20 REs.
>>
>>31287848
Friend safari has a 1/512 chance to spawn a shiny, so that probably explains that.
>>
>>31287923
Yeah, I'm aware. It's just another addition to my shiny living dex, but I'm glad I got it quick, even though I was just fucking around.
>>
Hey bros, i'm looking to chain something, any suggestions?
>>
Yo does anyone have that funny video of the russian kid failing to get the shiny starly? the way he says I don't believe makes me laugh.
>>
File: media-20170108.jpg (320KB, 1682x946px) Image search: [Google]
media-20170108.jpg
320KB, 1682x946px
>hatching eggs for a 31/31/31/0/31/31 rockruff
>a few hatches in, get 2
>alright, let's finish hatching the rest and get EV training
>LITERALLY the last egg

i didn't ask for these feels
>>
>>31287848
Congrats anon, Slurpuff has one of the best shinies.
>>
File: 1477099108645.png (450KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477099108645.png
450KB, 600x600px
>>31287848
Congrats! Slurpuff is underrated cute
>>
What's the best ball for shiny Mimikyu?
>>
>>31289554
probably moon ball, that's what mine is in
>>
>>31289554
>>31289603
maybe premier ball? possibly even heavy ball
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Noice
>>
>>31289554

Luxury Ball.

Luxury Ball is best ball for almost every pokemon.
>>
>>31289554
I personally have Premier ready for when I try for shiny Mimiku

>tfw no black and white ball
>>
File: cute173.png (386KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cute173.png
386KB, 600x600px
>>31253257

>What are you hunting?
Nothing yet,working on Sun version's post game and dex completion.

>last shiny?
Oddish via horde in Omega Ruby.

Yes, got the gender and nature I wanted(I had a synch mon).

Dragon Quest series in general.
>>
>What are you hunting?

Nothing at the moment

>last shiny?

Fomantis, via SoS chain. accidentally killed the first shiny I found (thought it was 2 non-shinies, damned camera angles).

yupp. it's the last of the gen VII shinies I wanted to go for.

hmm, hard to say.
>>
Back. No luck. +2000 Relicanths in. Still looking.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.