[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me HG/SS aren't the best games in the series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

Prove to me HG/SS aren't the best games in the series.
>>
Come on vp
>>
>>31251844
Level curve and pokemon distribution
>>
>>31251844
They have no Gen 5 pokemon.
>>
>>31251844
Used the worst gen as a base
Didn't add anything of worth to the game
Made the level scaling worse by buffing leaders and nothing else
Gimmicks upon gimmicks
Following pokemon dumbed down each and every pokemon due to how rushed it was
Didn't fix the shit distribution of mon unless you played the waiting DBE with the safari zone or pokewalker
Nothing to do in Kanto. Still.
Made Ho-oh and Lugia mandatory.
>>
>>31252508
>level curve
Wahhhh... why can't Pokemon games be as easy is they were in B2W2?

>pokemon distribution
Your opinion
>>
>>31252652
>johto lacking johto mons is good

Are you baiting, right? Hereis is your (You)
>>
>>31252652
>your opinion
no, go and look at the variety of mons you can actually catch in Jhoto. the distribution is shit.
>>
>>31252652
>why can't Pokemon games be as easy is they were in B2W2?
BW2 being one of the hardest games comparatively. With all Johto games being one of the easiest.

Tedium isn't the same thing as difficulty anon. In HGSS you have to grind up to meet the point you should be in terms of levels when you reach that point them you can steam roll.
>>
>>31251844
Platinum exists.

I mean we're arguing subjective opinion anyway. All we can do on the objective front is point out flaws.
>>
>>31252508

The Level Curve in Gen 2 is fucking terrible. There's no reason why you should be fighting Level 9 and 12 mons en route to the 3rd badge and GF fucking knew it.

Why they did nothing about it when they were rebuilding the game from the ground up is beyond me.
>>
>>31252652
>Wahhhh... why can't Pokemon games be as easy is they were in B2W2?
You are actually, literally, physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually retarded.
Wild Pokemon levels in Kanto are too LOW. You get no XP for beating them, so it feels like a slog to go through the second region.
>Your opinion
You can't get some mons in the Johto dex... until you leave Johto. How do you not see what's wrong with that? Why aren't the new pokemon in the new region?
>>
>>31252861
Thing is those flaws can make or break an objective statement meaning one party is in denial and the other isn't.
>>
File: 21b2bfc.jpg (71KB, 839x588px) Image search: [Google]
21b2bfc.jpg
71KB, 839x588px
>>31252684
>>31252805
The region itself was an expansion to Kanto, as gen 2 was a sequel to gen 1. Be glad you got new pokemon, period.

>>31252831
>>31252925
Grinding wild pokemon is not necessary in any pokemon game. This is just a sign that you're terrible at battling.

Just because the Pokemon league, Kanto is overleveled doesn't mean they are difficult. Have you ever heard of Type Triangles?
>>
>>31252947
For some flaws, yes.

For instance, I think the exp curve on BW is fucking stupid in the earlygame and makes the game irreparably trash because of its overreliance on glorified clock padding, however I acknowledge that such things don't bug a lot of people.

It didn't stop being a flaw, but some flaws can be ignored without somebody being "in denial".
>>
>>31252976
we aren't talking about gen2 you dipshit, this is about HG/SS

GEN4
>>
>>31253059
Same shit in regards to level scaling and difficulty. Get better at battling, scrub.
>>
>>31252994
>For instance, I think the exp curve on BW is fucking stupid in the earlygame and makes the game irreparably trash because of its overreliance on glorified clock padding, however I acknowledge that such things don't bug a lot of people.
See this is where opinion and fact diverge.
The curve in BW allowed for the player to easily reach the level of the area but make it moderately longer to exceed however there were also methods for the player to bypass that if they wish in the form of pass powers, audino and the lucky egg or a combination of the three.

To sum it up you shouldn't be grinding unless you want to as opposed to HGSS where you need to in order to keep with the area level.
>>
>>31252976
>The region itself was an expansion to Kanto, as gen 2 was a sequel to gen 1. Be glad you got new pokemon, period.
Any good expansion knows not to leave the new shit on the back burner. The only ones who didn't hey the memo were GF.
>>
>>31251844
I can't prove this since they are the best pokemon games.
>>
>>31253085
no that was about getting new pokemon, not the batting
>>
>>31252831
>BW2 being one of the hardest games comparatively

Kek, how about actually go back and play B2W2. Even with """"""""challenge"""""""" mode, it's still easier than games like Emerald and Platinum.
>>
>>31253156
HG/SS is a remake of gen 2. They have to stay faithful to the originals while maintaining gen 4's new features.

If you're complaining about what went wrong with Johto Pokemon distribution, blame GF and gen 2.

In my opinion, putting Larvitar in Mt.Silver was probably the right decision. Everyone uses this pokemon for Tyranitar, but what's the point of using it when it evolves by the time you reach Red?

I did dislike how GF put houndour in Kanto, though.
>>
>>31253246
I did. Emerald's only difficult battle in the entire game is Wallace. Everything else is a fucking joke. I love Hoenn in general but let's be real here, they're very easy games.
>>
>>31253246
>Emerald and Platinum.
Emerald and Platinum doing the exact opposite of BW2 and dumbing things down a peg. Have you actually played those games?
>>
>>31252976
>Grinding wild pokemon is not necessary in any pokemon game. This is just a sign that you're terrible at battling.
Red has a level 80 team. You'll be in the 60s without grinding. Not even type advantage can save you then.

Also, half of those triangles don't work, resistance wise. It's supposed to be super-effective against one, and resist the other.
>>
>>31253360
Not only is my team in the 60s when I battle him, I outspeed most of his Pokemon and OHKO 4/6 of them, too.
>>
>>31253822
No you don't.
>>
>>31253822
>Not only is my team in the 60s when I battle him,
Which is impossible unless you used a single mon the entire game.
>I outspeed most of his Pokemon and OHKO 4/6 of them, too.
Which is also impossible due to the sheer stat difference. If you had said you struggled with a win that would be more reasonable but OHKOing will never happen.
>>
>>31252508
/thread
>>
>>31254454
late 50s/early 60s.

I have OHKO'd his pikachu, charizard, venusaur, and snorlax plenty of times.

I also outspeed Lapras, Snorlax, Blastoise, and Venusaur
>>
>>31254612
You do realise hacking your stats doesn't count right? Because none of that is remotely feasible at that level without doing so.
In any case what was your team?
>>
>>31254657
Could be using battle items
>>
>>31251844
>second worst region on worst engine with no real additions worth mentioning
>following fucking pokemon
>le comfy memers
>>
>>31254668
Which falls under grinding not to mention that would require the use of at least two items like say, a life orb and scarf to achieve what he saying.
>>
>>31254612
You're just lying
>>
>>31253341
>Sees Juan team and suicides,Realizing he was a mistake in his life
>>
>>31254668
>>31254754
I only used battle item for Charizard and Venusaur.

>>31254657
>>31254819
I don't hack nor am I lying. It's been a year since I did my last HG/SS run; my memory isn't that bad.
>>
>>31251844
The level curve, Johto being a boring region, the amount and kind of Pokémon available, the replacement of Crystal for Lyra, the Safari Zone, the Game Corner, the Pal Park, still nothing to do in Kanto, still nothing to do in Johto, certain story elements were cut for exclusive events only triggered by Limited Pokémon distribution, the story still isn't good at all and had no improvements, the constant calls from trainers on the PokeGear who had nothing relevant to say, the copy paste of the Battle Frontier and the completely biased view people have on it compared to ORAS

Seriously. HGSS are in fact overrated only because of the crazy amount of Johtoddlers who thought the original games having two regions was the coolest shit and constantly praise it for being the best games.
>>
File: 172502098342.png (971KB, 1997x2916px) Image search: [Google]
172502098342.png
971KB, 1997x2916px
>>31251844
this image needs additions
>>
>>31252508
I swear every single argument about why HGSS is always just these two and empty Kanto. Like, you can make a list of why Gen VI is bad but like 3 or 4 bullet points about HGSS.
just shows they are outstanding games
>>
>>31255299
Not a fair comparison, considering HGSS were remakes and not their own games.

Platinum had the privilege of being created in the fourth generation by having a more diverse selection of pokemon.
>>
>>31252652
?????????????? HGSS came out before bw2
>>
>>31255347
Because those are its only objective faults, everything else is based on opinion.
>>
>>31255403
This doesn't excuse the awful moves etc and horrible coverage options, as well as the lack of pokemon on the team and unevolved koffing.

And saying the base game had flaws does not excuse HGSS. Remakes should seek to improve, and adding a Cloyster or crobat to the roster would have been fine.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.