[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bros that were forgotten by GF and are stuck in PU hell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: dewgong.png (52KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
dewgong.png
52KB, 225x169px
ITT: Bros that were forgotten by GF and are stuck in PU hell.
>awkward stat distribution
>none of them reach 100
>no offenses for combat roles
>barely enough defenses to justify being a tank
>no SM buffs
>>
Dewgong is my bro too. Sucks that it's unusable
>>
Why is Ice/Water such a cursed typing? Literally none of the pokemon with it are particularly good.
>>
>>31250443
On the bright side, Pelipper, Torkoal and Ninetales's buffs this gen show nothing is completely impossible to buff!
All it needs is one of the best abilities in the game and some useful new moves... and some support to make up for its crap stats.
>>
File: breastbird.png (68KB, 295x350px) Image search: [Google]
breastbird.png
68KB, 295x350px
>>31250443
Exact same problems, worsened by the fact that every other Water/Flying type got buffed in the last two gens
>>
>>31250507
water types already get ice moves, ice is the worst defensive type in the game, ice types don't naturally get any sort of moves water types don't get
>>
>every pokemon must be OU powerhouse
Stop.
>>
>>31250443
>Fake Out
>Encore
>Perish Song
It saw some use on Perish Trap teams in VGC 2015.

Unfortunately the only Perish Trap teams that actually did well at tournaments were the ones that behaved like regular teams, but happened to have Politoed, Gengar, Gothitelle etc. if the opportunity came up, and Dewgong never really got that good.
>>
File: 1.jpg (66KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
66KB, 1600x1200px
>94/94 offenses
>too fast for trick room
>far too slow for quiver dance to mean much
>aside from that, has a decent movepool, with access to psychic and energy ball

It's -almost- above PU. It hurts me more than it should.
>>
>>31250507
Shell smash cloyster.
>>
>>31250533
>Pokemon needs to be imbalanced

No, you stop.
>>
>>31250443
It's sad because Dewgong is so qt.
>>
>>31250533

He never said that you fucking apologist.

Not every pokemon has to be OU, but there really shouldn't be any Pokemon that sucks shit in the lowest tier, being outclassed by NFEs.
>>
File: totally seviper.jpg (138KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
totally seviper.jpg
138KB, 1024x683px
>tfw slow frail mixed attacker
>>
>>31251018
Seviper is cool early game mon since it hits hard and nothing is especially bulky/fast at the start. Things fall off from there.
>>
>>31251125

I got one in a Wonderlocke really early and found this. Still kept it all the way to the end though, soloed Phoebe for me.
>>
>>31250637
I don't understand the point of that 94 attack stat. Utterly useless besides U-Turn. Should've been the speed stat.
>>
Almost all of my favorites suck ass. It hurts.

Like Furret, my first ever shiny and all around favorite normal type. I try to trade him to every gen and reset his xp using powersaves, but he's usually not very helpful.
>>
Seaking, very much like Dewgong, was an awkward mixed-attacker that hasn't
1. gotten a Gen II evolution
2. gotten a Gen II/III special move (EG Fafetch'd's Stick, Cubone/Marowak's Thick Club)
3. gotten a Gen IV cross-gen evolution
4. gotten a Gen VI Mega evolution
5. gotten a Gen VI stat buff
6. gotten a Gen VII stat buff
7. otherwise been given some exclusive signature move, ridiculously good ability (or at least appropriate for it, e.g. Ditto's Prankster), or otherwise

I haven't sat down and figured out who else has been ignored, but I imagine that the list isn't that expansive.
>>
>>31254067
seaking has swift swim, and if golduck managed to become a top mon in VGC this year thanks to that, the time may come that it will become useful too.
>>
>>31254244
Golduck only got where it did because of how it deals Primal Groudon
>>
>>31250516
>nothing is completely impossible to buff
Unown
>>
>>31254270
I was talking about double duck from this year's format tho.
>>
File: it says you are gay.png (441KB, 754x744px) Image search: [Google]
it says you are gay.png
441KB, 754x744px
>>31250533
>>
>>31254293
Schooling, Hidden Power is a 150 move that deals typeless damage yet gets stab from Schooled Unown.
It looks like an Arceus made of Unown
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.