[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Way to trigger his Vietnam flashbacks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

Way to trigger his Vietnam flashbacks.
>>
File: crabrawler.jpg (132KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
crabrawler.jpg
132KB, 1024x576px
DELETE THIS
>>
>>31244868
Which form of alainposting is better, BURASTO BAHN or DORAGON KUROU
>>
>>31244912
KAEN HOUSHA
>>
BURASTO
>>
File: kaminari.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaminari.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>31244912
KAMINARI PANCHI
>>
File: 139281903.png (1MB, 844x932px) Image search: [Google]
139281903.png
1MB, 844x932px
Kukui is kind of an asshole
>>
>>31244936
BAAN!
>>
These blast burn jokes give me cancer
>>
Do the writers know everyone everywhere mocks Ash because of the loss?
>>
>>31244868
>How'd you like breakfast? Really hit you like a blast burn, didn't it?
>>
>>31245386
I kinda feel sorry for the XY writers.
I mean, they clearly wanted to do stuff different for XY compared to previous generations, but they still ended up going for a lot of the stupid plot bullshit, likely out of tradition.

If it were me, I'd be kicking myself right now.
>>
>>31244868
Jesus, looking at this quality im glad i'm stoped watching anime.
>>
>>31245416
Don't feel sorry for them. They fucked up by hyping up something they know they can't deliver. They deserve the mocking they get.
>>
>>31245456
It's entirely possible that they had something different planned, but somebody higher up said "no, you're changing things too much. Cut the girl and make Satoshi job at the very last second." You see shit like that in other kids shows all the time, although it's usually to push merch.

Still, I'd like to think there's a world out there where XY wasn't trash.
>>
>>31245494
>I'd like to think there's a world out there where XY wasn't trash
That's this world for literally everything but the finale
>>
>>31245456
SM isn't doing any better portraying Ash like a fucking retard. Why couldn't they say that this fucker got to the Kalos's League finals?
>>
>>31245494
That's not possible. Ash not winning and moving on has been a thing for nearly 20 years. Either they know and tried to go behind their back to change it, which makes them unprofessional as hell and deserves mocking, or they know and did it to hype up the season, which makes them scummy and deserves mocking. The only way they couldn't know was if they were living under a rock for the past two decades.
>>
>>31245509
Most of the time, the journey is more important than the destination, but if your destination is trash then it makes you question if the journey was even worth it.
>>
>>31245533
>Trying to change a stale formula deserves mocking
Nice bait
>>
>kukui subs

this guy doesn't know japanese
>>
>>31245547
If you just skip the last few episodes on a rewatch it's not even an issue
>>
>>31245552
>Trying to go behind their employer's back and do something that they haven't paid them for and can potential hurt their business makes them heroes
You serious, anon?
>>
>>31244982
Well he does fuck your mom in the games so yeah he kinda is.
>>
>>31245609
Firstly, changing a stale formula when people have problems with it SHOULD be commended.

That aside, however, it's entirely possible that execs would've approved it initially, but gotten cold feet later on. They don't necessarily have to have gone behind the higher-ups' backs to have to change shit late in the game.
>>
>>31244982
is he fingering rotodex?
>>
>>31245494
>"no, you're changing things too much. Cut the girl and make Satoshi job at the very last second."
But that isn't the case. From the beginning, they had planned Alan to appear. They wanted to build up his character since he was going to win, so they made the Mega Evolution Specials just for him.
>>
>>31245587
Not all of us are weeaboos ya know
>>
>>31245643
Didn't Alan explicitly say that he wasn't interested in winning the league? How did he even end up in the competition? Aren't there rules about this stuff? Didn't he need badges?

I haven't actually gotten too far in XY since I was having some issues during its original run, which only recently got resolved.
>>
>>31245509
A ton of the praise you animefags piled onto XY was because of some misguided belief that it would lead to a league victory, and anytime people told you that it wasn't going to happen you labelled them trolls and shitposters.

It's okay that they don't show Ash training on-screen and that he just mentions it most of the time, because he's good this season and he'll win the league.
It's okay that they underdeveloped his travelling friends (especially Clemont), because this time the show is Ash-centric and he'll definitely win this time.
It was okay they skipped half the league, because Ash will win.

Then he lost and you guys are trying to damage control the fact that you kept annoying everyone else on the board (and some people on boards other than /vp/ for good measure) about how great XY was because it was leading to an Ash win.

Yeah it had some decent animation during battles too, maybe that would matter a lot more if gym battles happened more than once every 15 episodes or so.
>>
>>31245660
He wasn't interested in the League, but he LOVED fighting Ash. More than anything. It had gotten to the point where it was the only thing that brought him happiness. That, and he had other reasons to win the battle. More reasons to win than Ash, at the very least. I can understand wanting Ash to win after so long, but from a story's standpoint, Ash had literally zero reasons to win that particular battle. Becoming a Master is his dream, but it's also something he knows he can achieve later. The stakes were much lower for him.

>Didn't he need badges?
He won them all in about a week using his Zard.
>>
>>31245625
As long as new Pokemon games are coming out, they would never consider changing it. Never.
>>
>>31245760
>In-game, Ash-Greninja is actually stupid good, strictly better than a mega in every way, and can hold an item on top of all of that, all for the low low price of fainting something, which isn't hard since Greninja outpaces most things anyway.
>An In-Game Ash-Greninja would probably send ZardX packing in seconds.

>Anime Ash-Greninja is considered roughly on-par with a Mega Evo, even though the two are basically rooted in the same thing, with the only real difference being that Megas also involve a shiny rock in addition to the overwhelming bond and power of Shoddy Writing.
>Anime Ash-Greninja can't so much as put a dent in ZardX because reasons.

I get why the anime doesn't follow the games to a T, but it's still a little irksome sometimes when they clearly violate their own rules.
>>
File: `190289`1821.png (68KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
`190289`1821.png
68KB, 500x485px
>>31244868
>>31244982
>>31245624
Kukui is an asshole to kanto people just cuz he lost to one back when he was young
>>
>>31245760
I think my biggest problem with the Alain vs Ash rivalry is that they placed it alongside the Shota vs Ash rivalry. Shota being able to catch up to Ash when he's, at most, in the second region of his journey (I don't think they ever even mentioned why he left Hoenn randomly, he certainly never participated in the Hoenn League) makes Ash look either incompetent or complacent, which is a character arc completely incompatible with him presenting a legitimate challenge to a guy on Alain's level.
>>
>>31245789
>strictly better than a mega in every way
I wouldn't say that. Megas have the benefit of not requiring a kill to use their full power. With the new boost the turn they Mega Evolve, Megas are actually better than Battle-Bond, which causes you to lose you ability. Imagine a Greninja with the same stats, but Protean as its ability at the cost of just losing Choice Specs, which means it isn't forced to use only one move. It would be a lot better than Battle-Bond Greninja and instant Ubers material.

>In-Game Ash-Greninja would probably send ZardX
With sets Ash wasn't running, no. If they had followed the games to a T, Ash's Pikachu wouldn't even get a hit, and Greninja would last one turn, in which it can't even do considerably damage.
>>
>>31245841
Well in the anime they did depict Cut as being powered up by Battle Bond in some way because they turned into cute little water swords. Kinda disappointed they didn't transfer that to the game.

Agree with your overall point though, not like that would've been a game changer in any way. At best it probably would've been like a 90BP water type physical move or something.
>>
File: 1474308886215.png (87KB, 229x198px) Image search: [Google]
1474308886215.png
87KB, 229x198px
>>31245853
But that would be going against what was depicted in the games, which is completely opposite of the point you were making. Besides, from what I understand, it just looked different, but it was never implied to be stronger. Rather, just Greninja was stronger. It was similar to how Zard X's Flamethrower becomes blue. It hasn't gotten hotter, but that's because Zard has gotten stronger, not because the move itself has become stronger.
>>
>>31245820
Shota couldn't catch-up with Ash at all.

70% of Shota did was counter-teaming Ash and that was the only reason he was a challenge at all. Had Ash brought his old mons on him Shota would have been left wondering what the fuck to do because all he did was grind vs Kalos' Ash.
>>
>>31245841
>Ash's Pikachu wouldn't even get a hit
Assuming that Ash's Pikachu is at this point roughly in the 90s or even at level cap, it's possible. I mean, Red's Pikachu is Lv 70 and it gets a lick or two in before going down, unless you're only a few levels behind for that fight (which is admittedly very possible).

What set was Ash's Greninja even running?
>Water Shuriken, Aerial Ace, Double Team, Cut
...anime movesets mystify me sometimes. At least ditch Aerial Ace for Ice Beam or something. Didn't he have a Talonflame in this gen?
>>
People weren't shitting their pants about the chance of winning the league because they were doing it for free, even people who weren't watching the anime were hyped as fuck about the chance, because the was actually a real chance this time, there was build-up, there was no rival introduced only in the league or lol Tobias this time.

Even the animators were complaining about Ash losing on Twitter and considering how Japanese work culture is and doing something like that, complaining about your employer and work on Twitter is pretty much work-suicide, and yet they did, it means there were REALLY butthurt about it.

Don't blame the XY staff, blame the executives. Executives ruin everything.
>>
>>31245901
Which old mons?
>>
>>31245914
>Assuming that Ash's Pikachu is at this point roughly in the 90s or even at level cap, it's possible. I mean, Red's Pikachu is Lv 70.
But Red had been training for 3 years by that time. Ash hasn't even been at it for a year. Not only that, but considering it goes down in level, it just means that levels are just a bunch of bullshit.
And Alain has arguably been training for just as long, if not longer than Ash. Not only that, but he also only uses his Zard. It would be at a level even higher.
>>
>>31244982
He knew how worthless a trainer Ash really is and only wasted his time because anime staff hired him. He would rather chilled out with his not-cousins Sun and Moon.
>>
>>31245965
>He's only been training a year.
Fucking anime timeline, screwing up my logic yet again.
>>
>>31244868
so is ash going to travel on a journey or nah
>>
File: 1480739735390.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480739735390.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Is BURASTO or DORAGON a meme outside of /vp/ anyway? What about on 2ch?
>>
Ash losing I could handle, him and Greninja being completely blown the fuck out by Charzard X I couldn't Like, at least make them KO each other, that battle didn't look like Alain was in any trouble at all while Greninja was giving it his very best just to dodge and defend, even when Greninja got a few blows in Charizard X was completely unfazed. It's almost on par with Tobas in bullshit. Then after all that, Greninja is gone, never to be called upon again because Gamefreak is done marketing it and the writers don't really care for it as much. Who knows, maybe it'll return for an arc or episode like Charizard does sometimes
>>
>>31245587
I'd watch your subs, PM. But I don't feel like waiting three weeks per episode.

Kukui's aren't terrible either and it's not like Pokémon is a literature masterpiece that needs precise subs.
>>
>>31245901
>70% of Shota did was counter-teaming Ash
Honestly the show did a pretty poor job showcasing this. They brought it up in a couple of the matchups but for a lot of them there didn't seem to be any sort of thought behind at all. How was Aegislash a counter to Pikachu for example? Sceptile was the most common sense counter to Pikachu but sense they had to write the match in the way that Sceptile came out last for the climax they just made Shota send out Pokemon at random sometimes.

Plus if they were so into that idea then Goodra should've been Ash's MVP during that battle. Instead they just had him be dumb and have him send Goodra against his Slurpuff which lost every single match it had on-screen before that.
>>
So what's the reason behind "Ash must lose the league" anyway? Wouldn't you want your protagonist to be the best? You don't see Goku constantly getting his shit pushed in. And even if it happens, he trains and then comes back better.

Is it so he can visit [insert next gen region]?
But that wouldn't make sense either. Taking Goku as an example again, winning a tournament wouldn't stop him form entering another.

I doubt Ash would go "WELP I won the Kalos League, time to go home and do nothing. What's that? An entire region with Pokemon I never met or even know off? Nah, who cares"
>>
>>31246394
Ash wins a league, he achieves his dream. He has no reason to enter another. Even if he does, people have no reason to watch him anymore.
>>
>>31245416
tfw when you realize the XY writers were also SM writers
>>
>>31246394
When you win a Pokemon League, you go onto a separate Champion's League, so if Ash won the League he would need to go onto do that, and they were already out of time. XY was pretty clearly rushed towards the end so that might be one of the reasons.

Though to be fair, they've never really described what exactly the Champion's League is, and it seems like they dropped that idea entirely because it's not like the guy who won the Unova League (can't even remember that bland dude's name anymore), Alain, Diantha or Sycamore even mentions it.
>>
>>31246394
I think that the idea is for Ash to use the next region as basically an extended training arc. There are two main problems with this that I can see:
>He never actually goes over notes or memories of shit from previous regions and specifically covers shit he fucked up in league matches.
>The way this is presented means that Ash considers winning a SINGLE league all that's needed for him to be a "Pokemon Master" Orange Islands don't count because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>31246394
Because Pokemon is going to keep on going for an unspecified amount of time, they've made billions off playing it safe so that's their approach to every single incarnation of their media. Thus Ash is 10 forever and he never gets to win a Pokemon League.

Seriously I feel like some people around here really seem to forget that Pokemon is one of the most static RPG franchises in existence. No matter how much they like playing up Megas or Z-Moves it's main new feature each gen is actually just more new monsters.
>>
File: g8rsni6hyxkdiy42imzs.jpg (43KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
g8rsni6hyxkdiy42imzs.jpg
43KB, 636x477px
>>31246394
The series needs to move on, Ash and pikachu are the most recognizable characters from the franchise so removing them would be suicide.
Most people will start to lose interest after 3 years of the series and will move on with their lives after it finishes so they make ash lose and forget everything he learned so the new people (children) who enter the series can start with something new on while the old audience has something to latch on.
>>
>>31245494
>Cut the girl and make Satoshi job at the very last second."
It was obvious from the start of the league that he wasn't going to win.

No Delila, no Oak, no mentions of past leagues, no past Pokemon
>>
>>31247632
He didn't even talk to Oak or Delia on the phone or anything, even BW did that shit.

If nothing else this should be the final nail in the coffin for anybody who thinks Ash will EVER win. The stars have never aligned as much as they did for Ash this time, with the 20th anniversary and him getting a special Pokemon designed just for him.
>>
>>31247057
This would all be perfectly valid if Japs online weren't LIVID at Ash losing the league.
>>
>>31247691
>a special Pokemon designed just for him
This fucking kills me more than anything else. What was the point of that? They could've just made a Mega Greninja and given Ash a Mega Ring you can write out of the show later, instead they did the whole bond phenomenon shit. They even made Ash release him at the end of the show just to make sure he can't access it anymore.
>>
>>31244868
>The Champion Ain't Me starts playing
>>
>>31245494

They easily could have doe it so Ash finally wins, and then decides to take a vacation in Alola.
>>
>>31247714
I think it was even trending world fucking wide on Twitter. Not just in Japan.

Everyone was mad. Nips. Spics. Murrikans. Yurops. Everyone.
>>
>>31248470
So now the important question...has that affected the bottom line in any way whatsoever? Did the show get a sudden dip in ratings (moreso than usual)? Genuine questions btw, I don't read up on this shit.

Then again it'll probably take a while for the effects of this to set in, and they're only like 10 episodes into their new series.
>>
>>31248510
Obviously not.

Pokemon is too big of a franchise for any sort of boycott to affect it in any meaningful way. We are trapped in this cycle forever. We will die before Ash wins the league.

At least the SM anime has been surprisingly decent, pretty on-point comedy and despite Ash behaving more like, you know, a 10 years old, he has kept his battle knowledge and Pikachu has not jobbed either.
>>
File: 1454412270937.png (30KB, 1014x525px) Image search: [Google]
1454412270937.png
30KB, 1014x525px
>>31247904
>>
>>31246458
Ash mentions it at some point in early XY, so it's still a thing as far as anyone can tell. It's probably just another name for the Elite Four challenge.
>>
>>31245587
no one wants to wait a month for your subs

i just need a general gist of what they're saying. Pokemon isn't a masterpiece anyway.
>>
>>31247878
It's pretty obvious that a Mega Evolution is what the director had in mind when he brought the idea to Gamefreak. For whatever reason, Gamefreak must just not have liked the idea of a Mega Evolution that wasn't going to be in the games, so they came up with something that functions more or less the same way.
>>
>>31248657
Did he? Can't remember him doing that anymore. I remember him saying he'll battle Diantha several times but I don't think the Champion's League was ever mentioned.
>>
>>31248710
And then they put it in the game anyway, defeating the entire point.
>>
>>31248752
The Champions League was explained in DP: it's your game league - Elite 4 plus the Champion.
>>
>>31248842
Yeah but the guy above says Ash mentions it in XY. I don't recall anybody mentioning it, just generic things like the Champion being the strongest trainer.
>>
>>31248786
Wonder if they're going to leave Battle Bond Frog stuck in one game and just forget about him. Spiky-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu were gimmicks and they appeared in like one episode of the show each, but Ashfrog was a main character on the show so cutting him out would be a lot more noticeable.
>>
>>31246027

He just completed his first trial and is about to fight Hala in the Episode 10.

It took DP 16 episodes for Ash to reach his first gym battle.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.