[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone who plays competitive Pokemon injects their Pokemon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: crtcxtezequx.png (481KB, 720x1199px) Image search: [Google]
crtcxtezequx.png
481KB, 720x1199px
Everyone who plays competitive Pokemon injects their Pokemon. There's no need to IV breed if you aren't doing competitive.

Yet people still do it. Why? Is this like a Minecraft situation where people are simply autistic enough to enjoy repeating an identical task for hours or days at a time? What explanation could there possibly be for enjoying competitive breeding other than a diagnosable mental disorder?
>>
People who IV breed don't actually play competitive. Because if they did they'd realize how stupidly infeasible wasting time breeding for a single set is. Especially when so many of the best Pokemon in competitive aren't even breedable.
>>
>>31244588
>>
eggs
>>
>>31244588
>current year
>IV breeding
>when Hyper training is a thing
Definitely Autism
>>
>>31244621
You have to level your pokemon up to level 100 first though, and that takes a while.
>>
>>31244621
> Smashing your face against the Elite 4 a gorrilion times
> Farming Bottle caps

This is more painful than IV breeding by a long shot. Hyper Training exists to fix up accidental shinies you got while breeding, and event mons/Legendaries.
>>
>>31244601
Of course they don't. They'll have several boxes of 5-6IV pokemon that they never actually use. They don't care about battling, they only care about breeding. They'll go through the effort getting the right pokeball, the right nature, the right hidden power, and then leave it in a box to rot. No levels, no EVs, no future.
>>
Just inject lol.
>>
File: Y5fang9.png (29KB, 107x185px) Image search: [Google]
Y5fang9.png
29KB, 107x185px
>>31244637

>mfw I hatched a good 5 max IV Shiny Grimer while searching for a specific nature

It's Lonely.
>>
>>31244663
But I breed and play comp.
I don't see why the two are mutually exclusive. Thinking IV breeding takes ages is like being a normie who thinks 4chan is a site where "Anonymous" converges to discuss raids and fight the power or some shit.

If you know what you are doing you have a mon in minutes. I'd even argue that leveling it up to 50 is what takes longer.

Showdown is what i use to test and see what I want to breed.
>>
File: just.jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
104KB, 600x600px
juss inject boi
>>
File: YGYWtuk.jpg (36KB, 515x479px) Image search: [Google]
YGYWtuk.jpg
36KB, 515x479px
>>31244694
>If you know what you are doing you have a mon in minutes

This is what injectfags fail to realize because they don't even get to finish building their breeding baseline, which is the ONLY part that you could argue takes a pretty long time.

Save for stuff like Salazzle I can breed + EV train any mon to level 50 in one hour max. And if you're ACTUALLY smart about it, you can do several mons at the same time (levels and shared EVs) which shaves off hours.

Call me an autist, but I find it fun and satisfying. Also injection is cheating, plain and simple. Yes, it sucks for people that don't give a shit about breeding, but that's how Pokemon is and was for the longest time. Direct these issues to Game Freak; don't shame others so that you can feel justified in cheating
>>
>>31244839
Pretty sure cheating=having an advantage senpai. How does my 6iv tapu koko have an advantage when I made it to keep it in my box?
>>
>>31244839
did you do it all yourself? as in your own cartridge from start to having your baseline?
>>
>>31244885
Not him, and I myself use Powersaves to get unlimited Rare Candies/Bottle Caps. But let's not pretend it's not cheating.

It's cheating because you go beyond the bounds of the game to attain what you want. No matter how innocent it is.
>>
>>31244637
That reminds me I should get my shiny Sharpedo up to level 100 before the bank update.
>>
>>31244901
>I myself use Powersaves to get unlimited Rare Candies/Bottle Caps
Same here but without the candies. Perfect balance of fun and light autism in my opinion.
>>
>>31244885
>Pretty sure cheating=having an advantage senpai.
Having access to Japan exclusive event moves is cheating kohai.
So is making every mon shiny because that's a legitimate stall tactic.
>>
>>31244916
I only use the candies in the lv 85+ range. Where leveling just becomes painful. 1lv per E4 even with animations turned off takes forever.
>>
>>31244918
>So is making every mon shiny because that's a legitimate stall tactic.
hahahaha tell me more
>>
>>31244901
I don't think cheating is the right word. I'm not trying to gain an advantage over anyone by editing my normal mons into shinies. It's not like I'm having some sort of shiny competition with anyone. I'm sure it's against TOS, but if I'm making normal mons, am I really cheating? And against who?
>>
>>31244616
>>
>>31244897

Not sure what you're referring to exactly, but yes. After I finished the game, I looked into methods of getting max IVs in the wild (mostly through Dittos), starting breeding Sync Kadabras for natures etc.
>>
>>31244925
I haven't actually had to train anyone to level 100 so I might end up doing that. I thought there was a way to do it pretty quickly via the festival no? That's what I was banking on.
>>
>>31244918
Uhhh I don't think you read what I posted. Who am I cheating against again? Also if you are talking about stalling in vgc with shinies, you might want to start knowing what you're talking about lol.
>>
>>31244937
Wait did I just ruse myself?
>>
>>31244935

it is. 5 STar Cooking both or what it was, 7 level per 100 FC
>>
I inject for competitive but breed for collection purposes and the battle tree. There's something fun and satisfying about getting Pokemon in the ball you want (especially rare ones like Johto balls), giving it 4 egg moves + good IVs and then wonder trading all your spares. If for some reason I can't inject anymore, then I also have breeding as a backup

People who get mad that people want to play legit are fucking cancer
>>
>>31244933
good for you m8

i gave up and now i'm just doing the synchronize abras and catching multiples until the ivs are pretty decent. good enough for in-game and i can still usr them by tossing them a bottle cap if i ever want to use them competitively
>>
>playing Battle Spot today
>run into a dude with a Love Ball Shiny Ditto with Imposter
>his Tapu Koko just happened to know HP Ice
I mean, I don't hate Injectors, I grabbed myself a 6 IV Ditto and use things from the GTS as breeding bases. Injecting is whatever, but don't be so blatantly obvious about you being a cheater.
>>
>>31244967
Legendaries with the hidden power you want aren't hard to get anymore though, you just need to hyper train them
>>
>>31244967
> HP ice Tapu Koko

I have one. All I needed was a Synchro Abra and soft resets. It's not that hard Anon. You do realize you can KO Koko after the E4 and come back later to catch it, yes?
>>
>>31244967
To be fair, having a good Hidden Power aren't that unlikely, although trying to get the one you want on a Tapu is absolutely mind-numbing grinding. I spent like 3 hours getting a Xurkitree with HP Ice so I just said fuck it for the Tapus.
>>
>>31244967
I synchronized all my Tapu and ub. One of my xurkitree has hp ice and my Tapu lele has hp fire. So I guess these are hacked too.
My other xurk has HP grass. Gj xurk you tried!
>>
>>31245012
> Xurk
> HP Grass

Why though? It learns grass moves itself.
>>
>>31245027
That's the joke. I didn't HP grind them. I was happy with just the nature's being correct. A few of them had good ones and then checking my xurks I had HP ice and HP grass. The second one is just trying it's best.
>>
>>31245047
Why didn't you just use an abra to get the right nature?
>>
>>31244588
>Everyone could install CFW and download pokemon games for free. And there's no need to actually play the game if you are injecting everything "for competitive" and "epic Metronome battle lulz".
>Yet people still buy the game. Why? There's literally no reason outside of VGC to buy the game. What explanation could there possibly be for enjoying a pokemon game without hacking other than a diagnosable mental disorder?
>>
>>31244588
>People still waste their time breeding
>People still waste their time injecting
>PC can play the the game beautifully on Citra
>Showdown is faster then both injecting and breeding
>I didn't have to pay a dime for either
>Breeders battle with 5IV maybe even 4IV pokemon
>Injectfags fight these same people and think their '''''''good'''''''
>Not fighting on showdown where everyone is actually equal
Well im gonna go but you injectfags and breedfags feel free to argue about your porkyman game : ^ )
>>
>>31244588
>diagnosable mental disorder
All life is repetition, so in fact not liking that would more likely be a mental disorder.
>>
>>31244588
Because it´s illegal and Nintendo has banned more players for this shit.
>>
>>31244918
>your japanese mons have more than 510 evs and 31 ivs
>>
I started really breeding in Gen 6. It's pretty easy now and doesn't take nearly as long as people say. I only have maybe 20 "perfect" Pokemon: my favorites. If I can take half an hour to breed up a perfect version of one of my favorite monsters and another 20 to EV train, I can have a perfectly bred and trained in less than an hour. I just do it while watching TV. Then it's done and I can transfer my Pokemon between games through Bank. I don't see the problem. Inject if you want. I just don't feel the need when I can just play as intended and it's not some huge ordeal.
>>
>>31244588
The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor.
If this myth is tragic, that is because its hero is conscious. Where would his torture be, indeed, if at every step the hope of succeeding upheld him? The workman of today works everyday in his life at the same tasks, and his fate is no less absurd. But it is tragic only at the rare moments when it becomes conscious. Sisyphus, proletarian of the gods, powerless and rebellious, knows the whole extent of his wretched condition: it is what he thinks of during his descent. The lucidity that was to constitute his torture at the same time crowns his victory. There is no fate that can not be surmounted by scorn.
If the descent is thus sometimes performed in sorrow, it can also take place in joy. This word is not too much. Again I fancy Sisyphus returning toward his rock, and the sorrow was in the beginning. When the images of earth cling too tightly to memory, when the call of happiness becomes too insistent, it happens that melancholy arises in man's heart: this is the rock's victory, this is the rock itself.
One always finds one's burden again. But Sisyphus teaches the higher fidelity that negates the gods and raises rocks. He too concludes that all is well. This universe henceforth without a master seems to him neither sterile nor futile. Each atom of that stone, each mineral flake of that night filled mountain, in itself forms a world. The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
>>
>>31244627
>stick it on bean island for a day
Wow that was really hard!!
>>
>>31246511

I didn't use that island yet but isn't the exp rate like reaaaally slow? Like one level per day slow?
>>
>>31246548
with beans 300ep for 15 minutes
>>
>>31244588
it's the journey, not the destination. I've always breed my pokemon because I have the time and it feels good to be 'i did that'

I also get a lot extra 5-6 iv eggs that i give to my friends who are having a time making it into post game on nothing but ingame teams
>>
>>31244918

>so is making every mon shiny because that's a legitimate stall tactic.

t. asspained VGCfag that got wrecked by a stall team and instead of blaming the fact he didn't pack wallbreakers he blames autistic shit like an extra second being added every switch.
>>
>>31244967

>THAT TRAINERS LEGENDARY HAS HIDDEN POWER
>IT MUST BE HACKED

soft resetting is a thing anon.
>>
>>31244976
Hyper training doesn't change your Hidden Power, bro.

It doesn't change the actual IVs, just gives you the stats as if you had 31 in your IVs.
>>
>>31244588
I only play "competitive" with a group of like 4-8 of my friends, so we find it fun to IV breed while we are just hanging out. Honestly it never takes me more than an hour to breed a perfect IV pokemon with a 6iv Ditto.
>>
>>31247019
getting the right hidden power was never the hard part, it was getting the right hidden power AND good IVs (eg, 30 defense for Ice), and that's the part hyper training removes
>>
I've already got a 6 iv ditto, and 5/6ths of my (Doubles?) team at least. I'm trying to make the last member a shiny entirely out of spite at the game for not every giving me a random one in the 13 years i've known about shiny pokemon... or for that matter the 15 years i've been playing games with shiny chances.
>>
File: download-5.jpg (11KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
download-5.jpg
11KB, 229x220px
>>31244588
Just let people play how they want
>>
>>31247056
>>31247254
> 6IV dittos

LMAO you breedcucks are pathetic. Acting as if you are more legit, while you use INJECTED mons to breed. But sure. You "enjoy breeding"

You might aswell be injecting. Retards.
>>
>>31244929
Against... yourself...
>>
>>31247543
DELET THIS
>>
I have actual autism's, this is the only way I can breed why take this away from me
>>
>>31247543
eh, technically I don't know where it came from. I got it through a trade, which is why it's japanese. It helps with the masuda method. I mean it's highly likely that it's hacked or injected, I just can't possibly know.

Also I don't know if like, tournaments can detect if a parent was hacked or something. I don't really know?

>>31247670
You stop that, you're making me laugh at something that's so stupid it has no right to be funny.
>>
>>31244588
>injecting
>basically turning the game into Showdown

Hatching eggs while watching videos is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>31244929
Youre cheating against anyone who put the time and effort to play the game the way it was intended. You skip all the work for instant reward. You don't know the value of a legitimate well bread shiny pokemon with good stats, which can take a very long time to obtain. Your cheapening the experience because you are lazy and spoiled. Its sad how young people dont know how to work for anything, spoiled by technology and and constantly rewarded with instant gratification for accomplishing nothing.
>>
File: 20170106_032548.jpg (3MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170106_032548.jpg
3MB, 2880x2160px
>>31249634
Cheating in a kids game is pathetic.
>>
>>31244588
I play competitive Pokémon.
I don't inject my Pokémon.

Your premise is flawed.
>>
I cheat but only half way.For example,using a 6iv ditto and using rare candies,the EV wings,and giving myself 999 of every johto ball.Otherwise I chain for HAs and hunt for natures and breed for IVs.
>>
Ivs are a archaic mechanic that should be removed
Hidden power's type should be a tutor move and not related with ivs

People forget that accessible ≠ casual
>>
>>31249655
nice, congrats
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.