[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: wheresthespeed.png (92KB, 1564x644px) Image search: [Google]
wheresthespeed.png
92KB, 1564x644px
What the fuck happened?
>>
going bipedal is a mistake
>>
>>31244425
So, is Eviolite Torracat preferred for a Sp. Atk Set?
>>
>>31244425
skipped leg day

>>31244493
mixed like monferno, speaking of that don't use it till it has intimidate as monferno is just better.
>>
>>31244425
Kind of a blessing and a curse desu. Once he gets Intimidate he'll be able to put that low speed stat to good use with U-turn spam.
>>
Litten and Torracat are so cool, but fuck I hate Incineroar.
>>
>>31244493
If you have no idea how Eviolite works and are retarded, yes
>>
>>31244425
The Japs have some crazy fucking idea that you can't be big,strong, and also fast.
>>
I mean if Incineroar kept 90 speed on top of all those other stats it'd be kinda broken as a starter, wouldn't it?
>>
>>31245899
>+40 Speed
>-40 SpA
a starter with incredibly balanced all-round
>>
>>31245899

It wouldn't be broken, but it would be too strong statistically.

Incineroar went for bulk instead of speed.
>>
>>31245899
>on top of
it wouldn't keep all that other shit
Could gain 50 speed and lose 10 from everything else though.
>>
>>31244425
>Incineroar's finisher is a high flying 810 degree flip splash
>60 speed

lmoa

>>31245899
Shouldve gotten 80 in both defenses and 70 SPAtk instead, that's decent enough

Also Decidueye shouldve been a fast frail attacker, not whatever the fuck it's trying to be right now
>>
>>31245913
>ultra min-maxing stats
They don't really do that with starters since they sort of defeats the point of them IIRC. Even Delphox has 69 attack.
>>
>>31246077
>ultra min-maxing
please look up the definition of min-maxing and try again
>>
>>31244581
I don't think it'll be too good unless it gets a good recovery move

Leech Life is aight but nonstabbed bug isn't very good for hitting things
>>
>>31246077
That's hardly minmaxing. Mega Beedrill is minmaxing.
That said, I think dropping its SPA on evolution is silly. The line should just have better planned stat growth. Incineroar is clearly meant to be a bulky physical attacker, so Torracat shouldn't have such a huge mixed offensive investment.
>>
They wanted him to be a bulky support Mon for doubles. It's just that is retarded when it comes to changing a Pokémon's stats and the role they seemed meant to for no real after evolving.

>>31246097
Scrafty and Hitmontop were pretty good with Intimidate and Fake out on doubles. And unlike the, Incineroar isn't raped by fairies. He also has things like a better STAB Move, Roar, Will-o-Wisp, and even something with Choice Scarf + U-Turn, although Landorus-T is probably better at that one.

>>31246125
If you think this a bad, take a look at Pikipek's line.
How do you go from a a fast physical sweeper to a meh wall breaker?
>>
>>31246087
>>31246125
You don't think a final evolution having less SpA than Chespin is min-maxing? Just because a more extreme example exists in the form of Beedrill doesn't make that less silly.
>>
Is Eviolite Torracat viable?
>>
>>31246165
With Intimidate it can be better than Monferno, not terrible but PU at best.
>>
>>31245899
Just drop 10 from all of its other non-attack stats.

Even if it kept the stats it'd be terrible, but starters aren't allowed to have a like 560 BST so whatever.
>>
>>31246149
incineroar in that scenario would literally have 5 stats that do not reach above 115 and not under 90
that's the definition of all-round
the opposite of all-round is minmaxing
don't be fucking retarded
>>
>>31246148
>Scrafty and Hitmontop were pretty good with Intimidate and Fake out on doubles. And unlike the, Incineroar isn't raped by fairies. He also has things like a better STAB Move, Roar, Will-o-Wisp, and even something with Choice Scarf + U-Turn, although Landorus-T is probably better at that one.
Oh, I was talking about singles. I agree, I think it'll be a beast in VGC Alola.
>>
>>31244425
What happened? furries
>>
>>31246237
It would also make any special-based Incineroar completely useless which is the opposite of how they build starters.

Even for the starters which clearly favor a certain stat like Chesnaught and Delphox have passable SpA/Atk stats respectively in consideration of kids who build the starters however they want to. Don't get mad just because I'm pointing out how your competitivefag wet dream version of Incineroar doesn't match with their design philosophy.
>>
>>31245992
>not whatever the fuck it's trying to be right now
Its a slow and physically frail mixed attacker with no special movepool. They really dropped the ball on the owl.
>>
>>31246272
Do note that even if Incineroar was """"""""min-maxed"""""""" like that it would still be competitively awful.

A more reasonable alternative to that anon's 40 SpA drop if you wanted to keep the speed would be to drop 10 from everything but Atk, if you're still OCD about it.
>>
>>31244425
Split evos were scratched in the last minute and in result we only got the shittiest evos.

It's a way for them to have more content in Pokémon Stars.
>>
>>31244425
4 legged creatures are faster then 2 legged

Thats literally it

A common housecat could outrun that fastest man alive if you could convince it to run in a straight line.
>>
>>31244425
I fucking hate humanoid pokemon
>>
>>31246360
Not by that much, though:

>The top speed of a domestic cat is 48 Km/h or 29.8 mph. The fastest top speed of a human, set by Usain Bolt, is 44.7 km/h (27.4 mph). But a cat can only maintain this speed for a very short distance.

So it depends on how far they're running.
>>
>>31244425
Incineroar looks like he's stroking an invisible dick with his right hand.
>>
>>31246404
But you gotta also take into account the size of a domestic cat. If you scaled it up proportionally to be more on par with our size, they would leave a human in the dust.
>>
>>31244493
It probably loves U-turn
>>
>>31246427
L-lewd!
>>
>>31246443
Torracat is not the size of a human so I don't know why this is a point.
>>
>>31246544
No, but Incineroar is closer to the size of a human, so it lost the agility it had as a Torracat.

GF fucking up Pokemon potential at its finest. Could have had a speedy tiger, but no...gotta make the damn thing stand up on two legs.
>>
>>31244425
it got big and strong dumbass, makes perfect sense
>>
File: fire.png (70KB, 942x1011px) Image search: [Google]
fire.png
70KB, 942x1011px
It felt like they were trying to do Infernape 2 but backed out while choosing Incineroar's stats.
>>
>>31244425
gf really fucked alola's pokemon stats

Fire and dark are good offensive types , incineroar would be finding a better niche being a other infernape than a "wall" with no good recovery and tons of weakness that dies in two hits
>>
>>31245854
I feel you there. Those hands bother me more than they should. Like, they're just so distractingly ugly
>>
>>31244425
woah it's almost as if its appearance changed
>>
>>31244425

It traded speed for strength, bulk, and opposable thumbs.
>>
He became arcanine 2.0
>>
>>31248902
More like Arcanine beta edition.
It's worse and also only betas use it.
>>
>>31249170
>Its worse

No, arcanine has a better defensive set but incineroar will be better offensivly thanks to fighting coverage being shit atm and dark/earthquake being great
>>
>>31250323
You can just use Entei instead of Incineroar then. Or even Darmanitan.
>>
>>31244425
I fucking love the Litten line.
>>
>>31248648
They shouldn't have pussied out. They did that shit with Charizard and Typhlosion, so meh.
>>
>>31250560
and as a direct result typhlosion is basically inferior to charizard in every way
>>
>>31250576
typhlosion is inferior because it has 0 megas to charizard's 2
>>
>>31246351
>Split evos were scratched in the last minute and in result we only got the shittiest evos.
Fuck off Balliocuck
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.