[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: xdddddd.png (3MB, 1322x1000px) Image search: [Google]
xdddddd.png
3MB, 1322x1000px
Were they good?
>>
>>31243342
Yes
>>
>>31243342
Yeah

The aesthetic was fucking bizarre though
>>
>>31243406
>>31243464
/thread
>>
Absolutely
wish genius sonority would make one for the switch
>>
File: a_good_girl_for_best_boy.jpg (214KB, 783x995px) Image search: [Google]
a_good_girl_for_best_boy.jpg
214KB, 783x995px
>>31243342
Yes.
>>
>>31243342
The best and actual, factual proof that double battles are how these games are meant to be played and balanced.
>>
Which was better?
>>
Wes is the fugging best
>>
>>31243558
XD is the better game mechanically, but Colosseum has better atmosphere and writing.
>>
>>31243720
Michael is CUTE!
>>
>>31243342
GoD's animations are so much better than Colosseum's stiff ones. It's also the better game, I've heard.
>>
>>31243720
XD was so fucking boring. the atmosphere was damn dead i felt punished for playing the game.
>>
File: Croagunk-1.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Croagunk-1.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>tfw no colosseum like pokemon game with triple and rotation battles
>>
I remember growing up I only had Red and these two games up until HGSS came out. I was really thrown for a loop for the longest time as to what Pokemon were 2nd Gen and what Pokemon were 3rd.
>>
>>31243342
>xD
fuck off
>>
>>31243342
> XD

What does this stand for anyway? And why the FUCK did they think it would be a good idea to use this as a game title?

What's next? Pokemon :D and Pokemon :3 ?
>>
>>31243553
This so much.
These games made me love Double battles a lot.
>>
File: st_performer_by_monorus-d6hpejf.png (251KB, 633x998px) Image search: [Google]
st_performer_by_monorus-d6hpejf.png
251KB, 633x998px
By far the best Pokemon games.

I mean, memember this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxQxXpRDLDU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCl1gwX_CVA

>No Pokemon game will ever be this groovy again
>>
>>31243720
>be named Michael
>play as Michael
shit son

also good game
>>
It's probably been a good 10 years since I've replayed these, what am I doing
>>
Colosseum was comfy as fuck

I had that movie bonus version where you could get a jirachi on any gen III game by hooking your advance/SP to the gamecube, shit was cash
>>
>>31244711
eXtra Dark, due to the shadow Lugia being so shadow, it has had an impact on its physical appearance
>>
>>31244711
>judging names based on things that came years later
Autism
>>
>>31244747
Oh man it's all coming back to me now...
Colosseum was pretty sick
>>
>>31243553
Yup.

God, Colosseum was so great. Nintendo should let non-Gamefreak companies use the core pokemon mechanics more often.

(Imagine how good PoGo would have been if Niantic had used the core mechanics instead of their weird Ingress-monstrosity.)
>>
>>31243558
I prefer Colosseum, I felt the atmosphere in GoD was too happy for the shit state Orre was still in, it never managed to reel me in the way Colosseum did and does. And the Shadow Pokemon in GoD only knew Shadow moves, they were just empty shells that only knew Shadow moves and therefore are replaceable with literally anything.
I really like the Double battle format and the way important NPCs use basic competitive strategies in the main game.
>Miror B uses Rain Dance to profit from Swift Swim/Hydro Pump
>Dakim uses Levitate/Protect + Earthquake
>Venus and Lovrina are Attract spammers
>Ein is a Thunderdancer, even using his Raikou for that
>Evice uses Skill Swap on Slaking if it's on the field together with Slowking
>Snattle uses Shadow Sky to profit from Castform's Weather Ball big time
>>
>>31243512
I'll be just fine with them making another battle simulator.
>>
>>31245315
Pretty sure I saw it in the early 2000s. Back when I still used MSN messenger a lot around 2003-2004 was probably the first time I saw it. XD came out in 2005.
>>
Colo was the shit. XD had a more sugary atmosphere to it, but the mechanics were spot-on. Also, notice how much SM seem to draw from those two? Next sequel on Shuffle when?
>>
>>31244711
the "XD" meme/emoticon did not even really exist yet when the game came out. try not to look at it as a face, but just two letters
>>
>>31245481
Evice's Scizor also had Swords Dance, Silver Wind and Baton Pass. Rarely seen in action, but getting boosts passed into the Salamence can obliterate your team.
>>
They were pretty bad
>Some pokemon have shit availabilty and don't appear until late-game when you already have a team of six
>Short games that felt dragged out with constant easy trainer battles
>bosses are not very difficult, boils down to catching the legend or generic shadow mon
>its just trainer battles. they never get challenging, and the worst that happens is that you have to restock on items. XD fixes this for the most part, although nobody cared for the additions.
>>
>>31247678
Sounds mostly the same as most Pokemon games.
>>
File: 1476787269459.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1476787269459.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
>>31247753
Except it's only trainer battles. The story mode feels tacked on to the multiplayer and colloseums, there's just nothing except for battling and purifying in single player. Main games have had more to them besides the battling, but colloseum's problem (that probably got it canned) was that it had little to justify it's existence with. Now that we have online multiplayer and in-game battle facilities, colloseum is really just an old piece of shit.
>>
>>31244711
>And why the FUCK did they think it would be a good idea to use this as a game title?

How to spot underage anons
>>
>>31247817
>Except it's only trainer battles.
Sounds like a pretty good Pokemon game.
>>
>>31244711
>What's next? Pokemon :D and Pokemon :3 ?

Full of cute and happy Pokemon? Yes, please.
>>
>>31247898
Just play multiplayer then.
>>
>>31248116
Why would I do that if I just want to battle in-game trainers?
>>
>>31248178
lol
>>
>XD
>>
>>31248220
What's wrong with that? Most people play Pokemon games up to the Elite Four and quit playing until they are bored again.

That is how Pokemon was traditionally played before filler content like the Battle Institution, Battle Tree, Chateau, Subway, etc.
>>
>>31244711
Extra Dimension or some shit.
>>
>>31247918
I like it
Put it into production for release this fall
>>
I always remember that XD ended up trying but failing to avoid the awkward topic of shadow lugia dropping that boat in the desert with no sailors in sight.

That thing killed an entire crew of people, let's not beat around the bush. It was also honestly the best way to emphasize just how BAD a pokemon that can attack humans without hesitation is, especially something as powerful as Lugia.
>>
Colosseum reminds me of Gen 1
>>
Why the XD? Why not just call it Gale of Darkness?
>>
>>31249052
Yeah. A pokemon as strong as Lugia with ill intentions would be a MASSIVE threat.

I still have XD001 on my bank. Just waiting till i can port it to Alola. Shattered Psyche coming of Psycho Boost should be funny.
>>
>>31247571
It definitely did. I remember seeing the listing for the game on gamefaqs and being confused.
>>
File: Rider Willie.png (1MB, 775x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Rider Willie.png
1MB, 775x1030px
>>31244812
>And first battles will never be this epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE5YZu2YARs
>>
>>31250764
You mean the Rider Colosseum OST is epic. The zigzagoon battle itself was lame.
>>
>>31250764
This is the best music in the entire series, aside from Mior B's themes. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>31251765
Those songs are pretty good, but nothing tops Nascour's battle music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bX9w5Ma76c
>>
File: 1483271469810.jpg (7KB, 242x209px) Image search: [Google]
1483271469810.jpg
7KB, 242x209px
>>31251765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lss8_9O7Wpg
not to mention it remixed rse themes better than oras
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI8lGOF6etA
>tfw no more hype as hell piano/trumpet gen
>>
Does Umbreon learn any good support moves or should I just box him?
>>
>>31251765
Box, unless you want a mono dark type pokemon on your team
>>
>>31252599
umbreon is fucking cancer to play against
>>
>>31244186
Pokemon 2nd gen was basically just 1st gen with dark and steel types added and breeding. Really nothing else was changed

Gen 3 changed a lot of things though
>>
>>31243342
Everyone's name was weird
>>
File: tumblr_nm0xj1cm1s1urylfxo1_400.png (127KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm0xj1cm1s1urylfxo1_400.png
127KB, 300x427px
>MFW there is not good fanart of Wes
I thought he was the type of character japan loves, what happened?
>>
Colosseum is objectivley one of the best games in the entire series, though not without its flaws, and deserves to be remade in the mega timeline just like any other game after it

>Good story, dealt with some weird and dark shit
>Best protagonist in the franchise
>God tier music, some of the best in the whole pantheon of Pokémon music
>Probably the most difficult game in the series because of the huge level spikes, can't be a pussy with Exp. Share
>Mt. Battle actually feels like a challenge, and when you conquer it and get that Ribbon for your Pokémon it feels deserved

>No any wild Pokémon at all
>No world map
>Names are gibberish
>Character designer was mostly on crack
>Nothing but Johto shitmons

The fact that we can use Pokémon from these games and they're acknowledged means that they're in some way canon. They need to be remade, and Wes needs to be a character that shows up in Battle Tree or whatever the equivilent is

XD is fun too
>>
>>31244812
It hurts, man. I loved these two games
>>
File: Miror.png (40KB, 517x515px) Image search: [Google]
Miror.png
40KB, 517x515px
>>31244747
You're forgetting somebody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZsOwo9rhsQ
>>
>>31253160
If it's any consolation, Ryuki looks like he's ripped straight out of Orre.
>>
>>31251899
In all seriousness, did anyone like what they did for his fight?
>>
File: 1428115883002.png (34KB, 234x200px) Image search: [Google]
1428115883002.png
34KB, 234x200px
>>31253160
>Best protagonist in the franchise
I feel so spoiled because of Wes. He gave off the right vibes of maturity in what would otherwise be a child-friendly game series. This goes hand-in-hand with how the Colosseum took a more mature approach to the series.

I'm upset that Gamefreak seems only to acknowledge its existence in only the transferred pokemon's flavor-text.
>>
>>31253160
>remade
Why instead of a new story.
>>
>>31255426
I mean there's a whole lot you could work with based off of those two games alone, so I don't see why not.

Hell, since it's a slightly darker but not exactly edgier tone in general, you could probably get away with some themes I've been hoping to get done for a while now. Like a team like cypher doing horrific experiments to allow humans to use the kinds of power pokemon can summon on the fly, maybe even working in arceus or something. I mean we've already got our chimera demi-god.

Like say, the point of the game is to stop said test subject from enacting brutal revenge on those who wronged him, not because they don't deserve retribution for their crimes, but more because the pure depths of anger and hatred that this person would feel for these people could easily numb them to killing them... which in turn could numb them to killing people in general. And I don't know about you, but I really don't think having a guy walking around with the power of a GOD start getting used to killing people.
>>
>>31254172
Seriously, they seem to have completely wiped Orre off the map.

fuckin hell did a meteor hit the place or what
>>
fuck, now I gotta find my FR & GC link cable to play Colosseum
>>
>>31253160
>no wild pokemon at all
Kinda shitty, but it did give me a smaller roster to choose from and also gave me a chance to try out different mons than I would have other wise
>nothing but johoto shitmons
I'll give you this one, but in it's defense, it was there way of making it so you could get the whole dex.
Both of these problems were more or less addressed in GoD, but a third game in the story with something like
>there's ways a set number of shadow pokes, but there random except for Ace mons ie: raikou, entei, suicune, metagross, lugia etc.. so that you could end up with a crazy new team every playthrough
>>
>>31253160
>Colosseum remake
>Shadow Pokemon can now hold items and use them when they're with the AI
>Shadow Megagross
Hello darkness.
>>
>>31255721
I'm surprised we *haven't* seen a storyline more along those lines, what with the whole "bringing out Pokemon's full potential" in BW2.
>>
>>31254172
>only the transferred pokemon's flavor-text.
explain this to me please
>>
>>31255721
I mean it's a plot outline rather than a plot itself, but it could easily work. I mean, they're already sympathetic and have understandable goals, especially if you have it so they have a reaction of "I understand why you're trying to stop me, I don't agree with you but you're free to try." Have him replicate the affection mechanic with his own pokemon, where randomly during a battle he might step in and block an attack coming at one of them that'd normally knock it out. I mean, it'd be on a cool down because that hurts like hell, but it's not too different than the advantages the player has with the affection system.

Speaking of which, sylveon and the other eeveelutions would need some kind of buff. Especially espeon and umbreon, they'd need movesets and stats that work well in double battles. I say this because I figure if it was supposed to be a sequel, you'd probably want the chance to fight wes at some point. Especially since he'd probably be a really interesting boss fight, as he was already the kind of person who'd steal people's pokemon for the greater good... as well as blow up his old team's base. He's the perfect candidate for a fight without rules or something. But a full on six v six battle without limits on whom you can target would be rather... bad on hardware, so that's just a pipe dream.
>>
>>31245199
I remember getting a Jirachi with Pokémon channel into Sapphire
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.