/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon SM are so shit that people are desperate for "Stars"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: shit.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
>Pokemon SM are so shit that people are desperate for "Stars" leaks

Best game ever, right guys?
>>
>>31239054
now that the new game feel has worn off, I don't really consider them to be the best in the series, but they're definitely within my top 3. so much improvement over gen 6 except for wifi and so much fun in general.
>>
>>31239151
Go back to Showdown you fucking smogonfag. SM are the best games in the series and are perfect in every way. Now suck my dick, nu-male cuck.
>>
ok
>>
>>31239170
Dude calm down.
>>
They are painfully average titles. Definitely a major improvement from Gen 6, but it just doesn't stand out compared to other titles.
>>
>>31239054
They're cool.
Not the best of the series, but quite enjoyable.
probably the best "first game duo" of any generation for now.
>>
>>31241722
I definitely had more fun my first time through Gen 6 than I did Gen 7. Gen 6 graphics look like shit in retrospect but Kalos was novel enough that I enjoyed it the first go around. Team Flare and Diantha were all ass but everything else was better imo
>>
>>31239054
1. Heart Gold/Soul Silver
2. Sun/Moon
3. Black 2/White 2
Not the best, but better than a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>31239054
Pretty good

Like Fire Red Leaf Green esc for good game with new additions but really frustrating a few areas that really drag it down
>>
>>31241761
I can't even imagine how you though Kalos was novel but Alola somehow wasn't.
>>
Contentwise they're disappointing. I would've liked more than just the battle tree for meaningful end game content. Lack of a DexNav equivalent makes finding Pokemon/HAs etc a chore. They were so transparent about IVs and egg moves and shit with DexNav and now it's arbitrarily hidden again.
Presentationwise they're 10/10. The music, the way things are built up, the new overworld aesthetic, touches like the trainers giving orders from behind the Pokemon etc. Mind the optimization for these is pretty terrible in places (2 v 2 battles are standstills and they removed a bunch of modes to hide just how terrible the optimization is).
>>
>>31241805
It's like the inverse of gen 6
>>
>>31241764
>falling for the HGSS meme in 2017
>>
>>31241836
>how someone likes a game is a meme
>>
>>31241764
agreed. SM are, contrary to what most people say, some of the more finished pokemon games released in recent years. definitely rushed, but still working and solid all around.
>>
>>31241776
i liked exploring kalos, it had interesting architechure and layouts

i didn't explore alola at all, because there was really not much to explore, and i wasn't impressed with the transparent attempts to make the region seem artificially longer by throwing incessant cutscenes in my face. Mega Evolutions were a novel concept. Z-moves are new too, but I lost interest because so many of them were weaker than i'd like and because I wasn't a fan of playing a game at 11 FPS
>>
>>31241898
>interesting layouts

Got any specifics?
>>
>>31241940
i liked the schema of the windmill city and the summer cliffside, and the autumn city with the fairy gym looked pretty awesome
>>
>>31241871
I agree. The only areas in Sun and Moon that make the game appear as though something wasn't completed are the golf course and the power plant. And in this case, the only reason that seems the case is that they're on the map and you can't go to them. The Power Plant in Kalos was a lot more blatantly scrapped, and the rushed nature of ORAS seeped into every aspect of the game visually, whereas everything that actually made it INTO Sun and Moon is polished and complete feeling. There just isn't as much of it as a lot of people would like.
>>
>>31241871
I was surprised to hear how rushed and how much cut content there was. But looking back, the volcano, the golf course, zygarde, walk cycles, the power plant, etc. Yeah this was rushed. But damn is it polished.
>>
What's this, so many positive opinions? Looks like you're doing a shit job with your samefagging, OP. Get to work you lazy fuck
>>
>>31244458
Here, I'll fill in for him.

SuMo is undisputably the worst, it's the Sonic '06 of the Pokemon series. The honeymoon period is over, now stop shilling it you GF apologist cucks! YOU WILL REGRET THIS.
>>
I think SM on 3DS was a mistake, its clear the game they've tried to make was limited by the handheld, many locations are just empty, caves are super small, there's barely anything to explore

GF should've released Pokemon Z as the 20th annivesary and final 6th gen game. Upgraded Kalos and 3D Kanto in the post game just for the annivesary. If they stayed wiith 6 gen graphics they could've easily done that

And then start fresh with SM on Switch but alas we've got another severly unfinished product.
>>
>>31239054
I love 4chan and how it starts bashing anything that's getting too popular.
>>
speclation is fun. as soon i watched the dark knight in threaters. i was already think about ehat happened to the bruce wayne and thinking about the next movie. same thing about sun and moon. i love lillie i want to see her again
>>
>>31244784
>its clear the game they've tried to make was limited by the handheld
Not the system. The developers themselves.
If it were the system the 3DS wouldn't have games that far surpass pokemon in terms of world and dungeon design. Not to mention they made a better game in just about every aspect on the system that came before which is far less powerful.

To sum things up GF are just shit devs.
>>
>>31244784
>And then start fresh with SM on Switch
And get something even worse? No thank you.
>>
>>31244458
I don't really care about forcing my opinion on others. Their actions speaks louder than empty praise words.

People are believing any retard that comes here and says that they have "insider info". That's how desperate they are.
>>
>>31239170
spooted the falseflagging XYfag
>>
>>31239151
>>31239054

Your samefagging is showing

>New game smell

People need to be lynched for saying it along with "Honeymoon Phase" fags

We get it, you don't like the game

Don't pretend other people don't have the right to like it fags cause we do and don't let the flaws bother our enjoyment
>>
>it's a cover image+bashing S/M episode
>>
>>31246480
>Don't pretend other people don't have the right to like it fags cause we do and don't let the flaws bother our enjoyment

So do I. I enjoy what I can, tolerate what I disliked.

Doesn't means that I won't be critical. These games are pretty mediocre and barely an improvement from XY.
>>
>>31239054
>>Pokemon SM are so shit that people are desperate for "Stars" leaks

>Pokemon SM are so great that people are hyped for "Stars" leaks to expand further upon a fun game
>>
>>31246480
No one said "new game smell" here except you.
>>
Sun and Moon are probably rushed, but they are defintely on my top 5 favorite Pokémon game. I hope to see a 3rd title on Switch
>>
''you can't rush art''

this stupid anon - 2017
>>
Here is the ultimate top 3.
1.BW2
2.Emerald
3.Platinium
90001.SM
>>
>>31247295
This is objectively correct.
>>
>>31239151
I went back to screw around in Gen 6 games a bit in preparation for Pokemon Bank and one thing I also noticed immediately was how much faster everything was in Gen 6, particularly the menus. Saving was also basically instant.

I know people like to shit on GF for their technical inability but they made Gen 6 run smooth as fuck if nothing else. Don't understand why SM lacks that.
>>
File: 1445819185140.png (58KB, 618x461px) Image search: [Google]
1445819185140.png
58KB, 618x461px
>>31246699
>so great that we want to play another game instead of this one
>>
>>31244820
This
>>
>>31244784
This. Two gens on the same hardware have always been a mistake.
>>
File: ed mons.png (32KB, 618x478px) Image search: [Google]
ed mons.png
32KB, 618x478px
>>31239054
>>31239054
or, what if i just really like pokemon and i'm excited for stars because i've been waiting for another console title since Colosseum and GoD?
>>
Are you going to boycott Stars?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11999054
>>
>>31247536
HAHAHAHAHA

>YOU
>>
>>31247386
>people shouldn't be excited for an updated version of a game they like with hopefully less bullshit
>>
>implying I don't want Stars because 3rd versions are usually the best in the series

Which is why Gen 6 is shit, there was no Z or Delta Emerald.
>>
>>31247536
I've already boycotted Sun/Moon.
>>
File: checkmate.png (12KB, 587x157px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.png
12KB, 587x157px
>>31247578
By wanting a 3rd version, people admit that SM aren't good enough.

Checkmate, SMfags.
>>
>>31246480
I agree with you. My honeymoon phase ended about a week after I beat it. I had a lot of fun playing it through, but I beat the game really quick, then when I started playing my other copy, I realized how shit parts of it were.
>>
>actually having a "honeymoon" phase
>not being able to objectively judge a game on your first playthrough

Fucking autists
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>31247681
>wanting more out of a game you liked means it was bad
>>
>>31247746
Where's all the people asking for Platinum 2 or Emerald 2?

Can't find any.
>>
>>31247681
It was good enough to be my GOTY

Not really saying much considering 2016 was a shit year for gaming.
>>
>>31247766
>where's all the people asking for Emerald remakes

Really makes you think
>>
>>31247681
nobody ever said it was perfect. S/M are my favorite games from the series, but I know that there's still problems with it. I don't see how wanting improvements over an already stellar game somehow makes it bad.

>>31247536
I keep seeing you post this and I don't know why you would ask that question. did GF put something offensive in it or something?
>>
Well its lacking in content enough that I already have every passport stamp so a new game would be nice.
>>
>>31247681
Didnt Shofu and many other Poketubers got free copies of SM before the game was even out?

No wonder they say its the best
>>
>>31248335
Yep. One of them even said that there were guidelines for reviews - which I assume are "don't criticize the game".
>>
>>31248188
>did GF put something offensive in it or something
How can we know that when the game hasn't even been announced?

But to answer your question, it's just to see, before reveal, how many people currently are planning on buying the next game
I realize that the phrasing is terrible, and there are more problems with the poll, but i didn't make it, i just took use of a poll someone else made to get some more votes for it

Also, how many times can you have seen me post it? i think this is only the third time i've posted it
>>
>>31247295
I'm curious as to why people liked BW2 so much. I played it and liked it well enough but I see it pretty often on top 3 lists. Am I missing something?
>>
>>31248637

A)Colress was great.
B)PWT
C)Neo Team Plasma being a hit and run team such as freezing a damn city was a nice change of pace, expecially the part where the team leader shows some common sense and just straight up tries to kill you.
D)Healthy mon distribution, lots of people got to assemble a team of favourites easily.
E)The PWT
F)Plenty of post game that doesn't require competitive mons such as the grinding towers in Black city/white forest and Pokestar studios.
>>
>>31248697

Woops, posted the PWT twice, oh well.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.