[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Duping with pokebank in ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1481339203721.jpg (88KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481339203721.jpg
88KB, 638x960px
Had a stupid idea, /vp/. Haven't touched a pokemon game since crystal on the gbc. Have a ds, sun, alpha sapphire now. Have a pokebank account to transfer shit next week.

Came up with this idea:
Alpha sapphire is on an sd card.
You can back up said sd card to your pc.
You can also cram pokemon into the bank.

Could you make a copy of your whole nintendo folder to your pc, shove a bunch of legendaries (because jesus fuck AS has a ton of them) into the bank, then recopy your backup over the sd card such that your pokemon exist both in the pokebank and on the game's save file?

Anyone tried this?
>>
>>31234633
just inject lol
>>
>>31234633
I just use a powersaves, dump everything in bank and restore savegame.

one of my bank accounts is completely filled
>>
>>31234633

I don't think this will work.

I'm not certian, but when you move pokemon out of your game using bank, I believe it creates a new save within that game. Gen 6 and 7 games will not work if the data on your SD card, doesn't match the save on the 3Ds.

In short, it's impossible to actually "back up" your save without full on cheat software, because Gamefreak are assholes like that.

You're likely to lose your entire save gen 6 game save if you try this.

Though if you don't want to lose everything due to making a mistake, you would need to make a backup of the data on the SD card right after you transfer your 'mons. Don't even open the game, just put everything on the card to your PC, then try whatever bullshit you want.

You've been warned.
>>
>>31234633
I think it has some safe bit or whatever so just copying the save won't work, rewriting save with JKSM works though
>>
>>31234633
You could always do this with Powersaves.

I've done it XY to make "archival" copies of shinies that I bothered to actually bred.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.