[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 42

File: heg.jpg (7KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
heg.jpg
7KB, 250x150px
Comfy Hacking Edition

Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx

Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
Gen 4-6 hack tools: http://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR

RMXP/Essentials
Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

Places to share fangames:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/
http://reliccastle.com/forums/

Topic of the thread: Why do you hack?
>>
File: Pewter 4.jpg (627KB, 992x864px) Image search: [Google]
Pewter 4.jpg
627KB, 992x864px
Response to (my own) OP thread topic: because it's enjoyable and I have fun with it.

Pic related: this is as close to a final form of Pewter I'm going to get any time soon. Still have like 78 replacements to go on my custom Pokedex. Not going to spam every thread with my maps, just wanted to show how much better I've gotten since some anon posted one of my shitty old maps a couple of threads ago.
>>
File: IMG_20170104_151325.jpg (1MB, 3006x2811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_151325.jpg
1MB, 3006x2811px
>>31233751
I like pokémon, but always end up unimpressed with the games overall.
Also, programming and digital media is my area of study.
My end goal is to start a completely original game.
Had some concepts since childhood.
>>
>>31234227
Also does pic related look less bug-like now?
>>
>>31234227
>I like pokémon, but always end up unimpressed with the games overall.
This so hard. I haven't been satisfied since Gen 3. Maybe that says something about me, but I thought the move to 3D environments was a mistake.
>Also, programming and digital media is my area of study.
I'm a complete novice. I'm a fucking psych major (AA in Human Services), so this stuff is all tutorials in my down-time and a ton of practice.
>Had some concepts since childhood.
And isn't that what hacking comes down to? Fulfilling childhood dreams of creating our own Pokemon game!
>Also does pic related look less bug-like now?
Looks like a turtle made out of a bicycle helmet.
>>
>>31234378
>Looks like a turtle made out of a bicycle helmet
Lel I'll take it. It has turtle-like features in all of its evolutionary stages
>>
File: rt1.png (108KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
rt1.png
108KB, 960x576px
>>31233751
I've become interested in making my own hack because I want to try recreating that feeling of exploration the old gens had. I also like coming up with character designs and storylines.

I have so many sketches of potential routes and towns lying around. Learning to translate them into advance map was a bit harder than expected. I'm going to try and make my own outdoor tileset pretty soon

Pic related is a first attempt from a few weeks back
>>
>>31233751
>Why do you hack?
At this point most of my motivation is simply just to want to satisfy myself with something. Most of the time the real games have done things there's always been a catch. Also at one point my motivation was to try and make a game good enough that would get people, mostly ones outside of here, to stop fucking pretending everything is perfect. I didn't find SM bad, but the overwhelmingly positive reception scares me into thinking GF will focus on turning Pokemon into a full movie series game someday.

My motivation has been faltering though after what happened with Prism however. I've always been quite a paranoid person and I'm still in shock after that.

tl;dr I'm feeling less than satisfied and have pretty much no other way to cope
>>
>>31235696
I think a bipedal stego looks even weirder than the last couple fire starters. It just seems like the one of the last things you'd expect to see go bipedal. Do you have any quadruped concepts you scrapped previously?

Also, is that chest thing what I think it is?
>>
>>31236168
What function do the ledges serve?
The cave openings will not allow a player to see the route below them, and vice versa due to the 7x4.5 block view radius.
Aside that, solid.
>>31236737
I'm not afraid of C&D because I'm doing it in a low key hobbyist capacity. If my hack ever drops I guarantee you nobody will be talking about it outside of a PC thread and /heg/.
I agree with you - the direction GF is going is toxic and I'm not sure why everyone is okay with less and less content and more gimmicks every generation.
>>
>>31233751
>Why do you hack?
Because I love the GBA Pokémon Games and I love feeling all the love that the community has poured into them over the time. I still have a hard time thinking that we have proper Mega Evolutions <3
>>
>>31236947
Sometimes you don't have control over how popular your hack will get. Kotaku could just decide to write an article about it one day and when that happens, it's pretty much over.
>>
>>31237111
To be fair, as long as you have some balls, it's never over, otherwise Prism wouldn't have "unfortunately" leaked, for example. And what happened after that? Absolutely nothing, I bet the Nintendo Workers that made the C&D doesn't even know about it yet.
>>
>>31237111
Please, the day that Kotaku writes about my shitty hack is the day Hulk Hogan writes the article himself.
I see your point, but Prism, Uranium, these are once in a while, Nintendo flexing its muscles thing. TPP anniversary didn't get C&D'd.
>>
>>31237408
I thought it wasn't actually Nintendo doing the C&Ds but some random troll who pretends they are Nintendo and everyone follows the C&D in case it really is them.
>>
File: IMG_20160624_211926294.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160624_211926294.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
>>31236939
It is actually primarily quadrupedal, but I tend to draw it bipedal to get a good idea of how it will stand when attacking with it's front claws.
I don't know where I saved the sketch of it on all fours, but here's a early version of the middle evolution.
>>
I'm abandoning gyms in my game and will be instead making a sort of battling league that's like an actual sports league.
There are eight teams:
>Grass-Razorleafs
>Fire-FireFangs
>Water-Whirlpools
>Electric-Thunderbolts
>Ground-Sandstorm
>Psychic-Heartstamps
>Steel-Royal Shields
>Light-Royal Swords
The region is loosely based on England and the league (Primary League, as in primary colors) is based on the soccer Premier League.
I think I posted here before, but I'm having trouble trying to plot the different games out.
You, Plus, are the son of a retired Battle Club legend who wants you to carry on his legacy. He gets you three pokemon to choose from Fire, Water, or Grass. Your choice of starter determines what club you go to which are in different cities.
The Grass, Water, and Fire clubs all suck so it's part of your adventure to bring your club to the top.
Anyway, as I said, whereas traditionally you'd battle eight gym leaders and then the elite four, once you join your club, you'd have a set schedule with each of your games.
>>
>>31238345
Sounds pretty fun. Even if you make the fire/grass/water teams the same thing, it sounds like it'll have a lot of replay value. if you're doing a fangame instead of a romhack, have you considered making it so you can do a newgame+ where you can choose one of the other teams?
>>
>>31237995
I see. It still looks a bit too humanoid, in my opinion, but I'd have to see said sketch before I can judge it.

They also seem to look a bit more like ankylos rather than stegos, since those tend to be a bit more flat while stegos have a more vertical height.
>>
>>31238345
>tfw have a project where the games were called Plus/Minus
>tfw had an idea for a Pokemon soccer league mini-game (region is based in Germany)

Are you me?

Either way I think one suggestion I would give is that you would win your domestic league after beating the 8th 'gym' (or whatever club corresponds to it) and the Elite Four would be a Champion League style series of 5 knockout battles against the strongest clubs from foreign regions. You could just play the matches in the stadium of your region's biggest city if you didnt want to make the player have to travel to these foreign regions.
>>
>>31236947
I don't think content will be an issue as long as GF doesn't permanently abandon director's cut-styled games, but until I see one for SM I always fear they'll simply just give the basic version and then instead of finishing it up just shove out remake after remake that the fanbase will keep demanding for region after region.

As far as gimmicks go I don't mind too much since I love regional variants as a concept and Z-Moves were a lot less broken than I thought they'd be, but it sets a bad precedent that they'll just cycle out gimmicks every gen and it'll just bloat itself on superpower/superform gimmicks.

If anything the thing to worry about above all else is the movie game stuff, it's clear GF won't learn their lesson about balancing the cutscene time and gameplay time with "OMG LILLIE MUH WAIFU" being all over the internet.

I can't really resent GF if most of the fanbase is too forgiving of the games.
>>
Is there an easy way to swap shinnies pallets out for regular ones in gen 5 games? I googled and all I could find was a pallet randomized. Neat idea, but not what I'm after exactly.
>>
>>31238545
Yes, there will be multiple save slots if that's what you mean.
I mean, there's still an actual plot involving this Knight Templar type evil team, but the Battle Club is like the Pokemon League of the game.
The teams are not really the same.
The fire water and grass teams each suck for a reason:the captain.
The first story arc of the game is Plus becoming captain.
The Razorleafs captain is young, inexperienced, and a weak, ineffectual amateur.
The Fire Fangs captain is a hotheaded, foul mouthed, unfocused man with too much energy and not enough skill.
The Whirlpools captain is an uncaring, fill in. She only became captain to have unlimited access to the spa houses.
So, Plus's goal is to inspire the team by becoming the captain it needs. AS captain,you the player takes on the whole responsibilities of the club. Like a manager or coach of the team.
You the player will be responsible for training your members, recruiting new battlers, and securing sponsors.
It may sound ambitious, but I think it's worth making because it's something I don't even think Gamefreak will do.
>>
>>31238880
I feel like minus and plus will end up becoming real game names. If gen 8 was named minus and plus, would you rename your game?
>>
Let's say you wanted to do a Sevii Island+Kanto adventure updated how would a Johto expansion fit into things

I know FR has a lot of space or something. Simple story/scripts really
>>
>>31238976
Yep, to Fire and Ice.
Fire legendary is based on Excalibur and is designed like a big ass fiery sword made of wings/feathers.
It's true form is revealed to be a seraph angelic being.
Seraphim hide their bodies with their wings because if one were to gaze upon them in their full glory, they'd be instantly incinerated.
>>
I wish I had the time and talent to try at making a legit romhack. I've got an idea for a story, but sadly lack the ability to see it created. Maybe one day, but not this day.
>>
File: squirtlesquad.jpg (38KB, 689x473px) Image search: [Google]
squirtlesquad.jpg
38KB, 689x473px
>>31236939
>Also, is that chest thing what I think it is?
>>
>>31239750
That nigga better learn drill run
>>
Situation: I am graduated in game design. Higher than average skills on RPG Maker, programming, drawing and Pokémon.
Problem: I don't have fun doing those things.

Should I insist on trying to hack by myself or try posting on a forum a game concept file to see if anyone pick it up and do it?
(I seriously consider HIRING people to actually make what I design).

Opinions?
>>
>>31239886
Why the fuck would you make a game if you don't have fun doing all of the things required to make a game?

Anon, it sounds like you answered your own question.
>>
>>31239886
>graduated in game design

What would a lesson of this be like? Also is finishing the game worth it to you? Just getting off the setsifaction
>>
>>31239886
What advice would you give to newbie hackers?
>>
>>31239886
>Problem: I don't have fun doing those things.
what makes you think its supposed to be fun? Its work. Tedious, time consuming, boring, ungratifying, unpaying work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hER0Qp6QJNU

If you're lucky you might get some satisfaction at the end but thats about it.

Why do you want to make one?
>>
>>31239927
Sincerely for the feeling of "my idea is better"

>>31240047
Well, I had classes of screenwriting, level design, character design (some people had drawing or 3d art), programming, computer hardware, sound design and other stuff related to making a game.
My favorite class was screenwriting, with level and character design being the other ones.

>>31240080
I think I'm the wrong person to answer that since I haven't really finished a hack before.

>>31240114
Agreed. But as I stated in my question I'm actually willing to pay people to 'hack' for me, so it's not unpaying in that case.
>>
>>31241262
Post your idea here and we can give you insight on whether it's worth pursuing
>>
>>31241495
Well. I have been designing a region based on my country. So far I have a concept for the elite four, the champion and the 8 gym leaders, their appearances and their typings. (character designing)
Since SM came out I started designing trials to be part of the puzzle of the gym (level design) so I can put both systems together.

Fakemon would be obviously based on aspects of our culture. Based on that I started creating 4 different regional dexes but feel that would be too much (since I don't want to give up on the official ones). But, I'd need somebody with better knowledge in movesets, stats and stuff since I don't like competitive battling.

Aside from that, I always have that "I can do better" though, so I also have thought of how I could change other aspects of the game. From Pokémon changes (not really regional forms, but how this or that Pokémon could have been - from coloration to characteristics). I have an excel sheet with two concepts for each existing mon up to gen VI and started this week for the Alolan ones.

Type changes, such as changing Flying to Wind and giving it to Pokémon who depend on Wind to attack. A Dodrio is a bird but doesn't rely on Wind, so it's Normal. I have one or two other adaptations. No new types, though.

Other mechanics I'd feel would make the game better such as pokéball customizations and how it would affect it's catch rate. Also, quests to make gameplay more diversified. When somebody wants to give you something, why not actually do something for them (not only "Show me x and I'll be happy").

Sorry for the long post. If I could quote I'd do it.
>>
>>31241724
I'm going to be honest don't go full Uranium with a full dex

Go like Vega

But sounds cool but don't let your ambition consume you
>>
>>31235696
Baby Groudon with Kamina glasses as a chest looks rad
>>
How can you edit the models and put them pack in the games for X/ORAS/SunMoon?
>>
>>31236947
>I'm doing it in a low key hobbyist capacity.

I read "hobbyist" as "holocaust," and thought you meant that Nintendo was Hitler and fan games were the jews.
>>
How do you install the sun/moon lewd mod from 3dsiso?
>>
Bump
https://clyp.it/3rz1kqzn
>>
>>31233751
>Why do you hack?
for a better tomorrow
>>
File: Selection_016.png (147KB, 894x628px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_016.png
147KB, 894x628px
rate me bottom half of me forest lads
>>
>>31246042
I think the left ledges shouldn't be as long, make the trees extend out that way further. Also it looks like there are two routes that both require rock smash?
>>
File: rgb.jpg (41KB, 312x237px) Image search: [Google]
rgb.jpg
41KB, 312x237px
>>31246183
you can walk behind the trees and rocks so rock smash is merely a shortcut in the middle there.

Also which trees? Red blue or green
>>
Been out of the rom hack game for a long while, last one I played was Light Platinum years ago.
Recommend me a hack. I want something that's large in scale and if possible, complete. Thanks.
>>
File: Selection_018.png (17KB, 578x305px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_018.png
17KB, 578x305px
>>31246183
>>31246223
Went with this anyway, it does look better. There's a trainer under the rock between the ledges, hence the rock at all.
>>
>>31246223
>>31246329
Yeah I meant green one, and do you mean the rock smash rock has a trainer?
>>
File: Selection_019.png (11KB, 514x221px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_019.png
11KB, 514x221px
>>31246344
Blue is trainer, rock smash is optional before this so its just an option to skip them I guess.
>>
File: Forestproper.png (1MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Forestproper.png
1MB, 1280x1440px
>>31246042
It's pretty plain, honestly. There's only one side area limiting the exploration. I'd retool it to make it a slightly shorter main path with one or two more side paths for item with maybe one of them being blocked off requiring backtracking with a new ability. As much as sage is a meme, their forest is one of the better forest maps I've seen.
>>
File: meh.jpg (881KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
881KB, 1280x1440px
>>31246447
not that complex desu, but that seems fair enough. It's basically the first forest in the game but I'll keep branching paths in mind for the top half.
>>
File: Stegruff_Ignited_M.png (144KB, 417x440px) Image search: [Google]
Stegruff_Ignited_M.png
144KB, 417x440px
>>31238687
It's actually based on multiple dinos.
It resembles a stegosaur most when the ports ignite.
>>
File: Kentrosaurus-mueller-art.jpg (116KB, 720x586px) Image search: [Google]
Kentrosaurus-mueller-art.jpg
116KB, 720x586px
>>31236939
What do you think it is?
It's armor in the shape of a Kentrosaur's spikes.
>>
File: mapcrit.png (137KB, 894x628px) Image search: [Google]
mapcrit.png
137KB, 894x628px
>>31246042
It's pretty decent looking. The palletes are really good and I like the tile choice. The shadows of the majority of your tiles need fixing though.

Anyways, the biggest problem with the map is that it's not very player-friendly; there's a ton of stuff in the player's way that allows for very little movement. Game Freak seldom maps this way and even though they keep their maps somewhat focused/closed-in, there are always a few tiles for the player to walk around in. Your map has a lot of bushes/trees/etc that are very restrictive to the player's movement (the majority of which I 'x-ed' out in red). Rather than placing these trees/boulders/etc in the center of pathways, where they restrict the player's path, it would be better to move them to the corners/edges of these areas.

The bush within the tall grass in the far left isnt as big a deal in terms of restrictiveness, but it does look very '2-d' planted within the grass like that; Game Freak usually puts their bushes against a backdrop of trees or a mountain to give the illusion of depth.

Other than that

-There's a portion in the Southeast of the map where your trees are missing the left side of their foliage (circled in red).

-Consider adding paths

-Perhaps add a second wind turbine near the house so the single one on the map feels less out of place

-Your Rock Smash tiles look pretty outdated, should consider using more modern ones

-This is super autistic but it doesn't look great when the small rocks are directly adjacent to patches of grass. This is more of a personal opinion than a critique based on how Pokemon maps 'should' look and play like to be appealing, but I feel like this hurts the visual transition from grass->land

-The area in the very southeast with the boxes looks neat, could foresee a cool event going down there.
>>
File: bigolforest.jpg (515KB, 932x994px) Image search: [Google]
bigolforest.jpg
515KB, 932x994px
>>31246447
Ok might have gone overboard but I do like it more. Player can't see too many rows over so this is fine, I think.

>>31247495
>there's a ton of stuff in the player's way that allows for very little movement
The big trees aren't as bad as they look, they only block 2 tiles where the trunk is as opposed to the 6 I think you're assuming they do. that said I can see one that is wrong.
>The bush within the tall grass in the far left isnt as big a deal in terms of restrictiveness, but it does look very '2-d' planted within the grass like that
Those are functional berry bushes! I want them in shit places. I picked the most stand-out-like-a-sore-thumb tile that was vaguely berryish.
>Consider adding paths
K
>Perhaps add a second wind turbine near the house so the single one on the map feels less out of place
K
>Your Rock Smash tiles look pretty outdated, should consider using more modern ones
Those are HGSS/DPPt rock smash rocks, they looked shit in their games and do here but those are the correct tiles, I'll consider it but it's not high on my list.
>The area in the very southeast with the boxes looks neat, could foresee a cool event going down there
You'd be right. Where else you gonna find the guy in the house to open his back door?
>>
>>31248001
Unrelated but are you hacking gen 4 or just gen 3 with gen 4 tiles
>>
>>31248042
memesentials, so the latter
>>
>>31246566
This forest is the shit.
>>
>>31248649
Tell me, will you have Plusle and Minun in P/M or are you gonna gamefreak them out like GF did to the Lunatone and Solrock in SuMo?
>>
>>31246369
I don't really think the rock smash rock should be there, maybe just put the trainer where the rock is right now but looking down and then a patch of grass between the ledges.
>>
>>31250077
Oops, meant put a trainer where the rock above the rock smash rock is.
>>
>>31249938
Absolutely I am.
I even have new pikaclones.
Plusle, Minun, and Nutron
Nutron is Pure notmal and scientists suspect it was pure electric at first, but something happened. That actually references some of the lore of the region.
Also, I have more.
ARCHU
-ELECTRIC/ICE
Evolves into
BLESHU
-ELECTRIC/FIRE
Get it? Achoo-Bless you?
Archu are these sickly, weak pokemon that evolve into Bleshu with max happiness
>>
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/last-pokemon-gbc-8-bit
http://pastebin.com/nxxf3cRT

Newest cover.
>>
Has anyone tried Rising Sun or Waning Moon?
>>
>>31253009
Never heard of it. Got a link?
>>
>>31253054
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pokemon-rising-sun-and-waning-moon.451600/
>>
File: 1385419134588.jpg (106KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1385419134588.jpg
106KB, 400x338px
>>31253134
>All trial captains and kahunas have six Pokémon

I want people to stop doing this. Giving them more Pokémon is good, giving mid- and late-game trainers full teams is good, giving early-game trainers full teams is bad and screws up the difficulty curve such that the earliest part of the game becomes the hardest and it gets easier over time since you likely won't have a full team during the first couple bosses.
>>
>>31251165
>ARCHU
>-ELECTRIC/ICE
>Evolves into
>BLESHU
>-ELECTRIC/FIRE
>Get it? Achoo-Bless you?
That's fucking awesome, anon. I love a good joke, too many hackers seem to either make edgy bad jokes or just bad jokes.
>>
>>31248001
Straight up, it has too many narrow paths and without context regarding trainers or purpose in the game it seems aimless.
Yoou have few 3 tile paths and many 2 or 1 paths; you need to have the opposite. I used to fully fucking tard on the pathing and do 1 tile pathways all the time - don't do that. Use 2 sparingly, 3 religiously, 4 occasionally and 1 rarely.
Where is this map in the greater context of your hack? An early, middle, or later-game map? The placement of your map determines which HM obstacles you should choose (why Rock Smash when Cut trees could suffice?)
Trees on rises look like crap when the rises are so small. I'm all for deviating from Gamefreak mapping, but you can't argue their mapping doesn't strive for some form of sensibility.
>>
>>31248001
This map is also good.
>>
File: sudeste mapa.png (10KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
sudeste mapa.png
10KB, 240x160px
Does this looks good enough? What can be changed to make it less weird?
>>
File: mapedits.png (1MB, 932x994px) Image search: [Google]
mapedits.png
1MB, 932x994px
>>31248001
See picture for suggestions
>>
>>31256096
The green boxes mean fill it in with trees. Blue is other edits, red lines are where to move the items.
>>
>>31255975
I see a lot of dead ends but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as there's something worth doing at the end of them.
That whole bottom right section is totally out-of-the-way from everything else. The closest cities to it are halfway up the map, and there's only one really, really long path to make your way through. Even if you can Fly to that blue square in the center-right there's still a huge distance to that city. If you're going for an Unova-style post-game area, then it's probably fine, but otherwise that seems too rough even for the path to the League. I'd still put a small town to be a rest stop around that corner bend.
What are those white striped land routes? I assume blue routes over land are lakes.
Also, what is the significance of red dots vs blue dots?
>>
File: 1401942166953.jpg (109KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
1401942166953.jpg
109KB, 500x698px
Hey /heg/,

I haven't played a pokemon game since the GBA and all the hub-bub about Prism made me interested in trying out a game again, basically I'm looking for a romhack recommendation.

So far the ones that look interesting to me are:

Prism, since it's apparently fuck huge and has had a lot of work put into it.

Maize, since it looks interesting and the built-in Nuzlocke sounds like a good challenge.

Dark Energy, the 'classic jrpg' angle sounds cool and lots of content is always nice.

Fire Red Omega, the pastebin says "It'll have you thinking quite a bit more about strategy" rather than just being hard, which peaks my interest more than anything.

I would say mostly I'm looking for a romhack that puts more emphasis on strategy than just difficulty and isn't super unfinished/buggy. Lots of content and minigames are always a plus.
I have absolutely no idea what I should be aiming for here so any and all advice is appreciated.
>>
>>31255085
>Use 2 sparingly
dude viridian forest lmao
>>
>>31257071
Gen one and two in general do this a fuckload.
>>
>>31256663
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the incoming broken english
blue dots are dungeons, the red one is just the battle tower
white striped are water routes with a bridge to walk
the dead ends are either cities with gyms, places with rare pokemon or non-mandatory cities that will have something to reward the player
the postgame are the four cities in middle bottom
>>
I need some advice before I go through with this.
I'm making a clock pokemon based on Dr.Who timelords, Big Ben, and Grandfather clocks all combined.
It has the power to control time.
I need to know if its signature move is broken.
>Time Freeze
>Steel
>Status
>Priority +2
>Stops the target pokemon from moving for one turn
>Cannot be consecutively
>>
Serious Question here I expect some kind of an answer please!

Do all event Pokemon of a species have one PID?

I'm using the event database but I want to change natures and such, basically what I'm asking is if one guy gets a Harry Hoopa and his friend gets a harry Hoop from the same distribution, do they both have the exact same PID or is it randomized like any other Pokemon?
>>
>>31258322
Absolutely fucked in doubles but otherwise its just a protect clone.
>>
anyone have the pastebin to those oras/xy romhacks, there was one i was reading about that was super hard or some shit, i'll keep looking, but thanks if anyone links it to me
>>
are fangames and romhacks in pokecommunity kill?
>>
>>31258873
I think the ones you're thinking of are Eternal X and Wilting Y which afaik are the only good XY romhacks. There's Neo XY too, and I'm not sure about the quality of the actual game, but the changed dialog is super cringey.

For ORAS, there's Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire, which are Drayano's hacks although less face-melting hard than BBVW 1 or 2. There's also Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire which are much more difficult and also include some balancing changes. Finally, some anon here made a combination of the two and called it meme Sapphire, though I don't know if they posted it anywhere besides here or you'll have to go archive diving.
>>
>>31259962
They seem fine, checking it just now.
>>
Hi.

Just getting in to Pokemon modding here, I downloaded all the files required except for the Nameless Tile Map Editor and the Advanced Palette Editor, which the downloads do not work for. Anybody got a mirror?
>>
What y'all think about an ability for a Poison type that causes all poison moves to inflict badly poisoned status every time?
Example. Poison Fang will do damage and automatically inflict badly poison status
Sludge Wave would do the same
Is that too broken?
It's for a Poison/Electric puff adder that doesn't evolve and is >500 BST
>>
>>31262509
How about these alternatives because that seems a bit broken

>All moves that would normally poison will now badly poison instead
Or
>All poison type moves will inflict regular poison status
>>
>>31262562
But all poison moves DO inflict poison status
I think the compromise is just make any move it uses, no matter the type, will cause regular poison status.
>>
>>31261063
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yyamzdukklrd26g/My+hackpack.zip
>>
bup
>>
>>31233889
Looks good,anon.I can help you with the maps if you are struggling.
>>
>>31264960
Thanks, but I have this for the most part.
>>
>>31260457
So Star Sapphire is even harder than Sinking?
>>
Why the fuck there are no gen 6 hacks in the pastebin?
>>
>>31266450
Because the pastebin was last updated in a real way in 2014. I want to do a clean-up that removes low-quality hacks and adds newer hacks (the pastebin used right now is an amalgamation of multiple old /rhg/ pastebins, and one was around in like 2010, when standards for hacks were a lot lower), but playing every hack in the pastebin is a lot of work.

I think doing a group project where everyone plays a select 3-4 hacks on the list (not necessarily everyone playing all of them since some people have busy lives) every couple weeks and weighs in on their quality would be a good way to get consensus on what should/shouldn't be in there, but don't know how I should go about it if others also think it's a good idea, whether to do it inside /heg/ threads (I don't want /heg/ to turn into Let's Play General like /rhg/ did at the end of its lifespan) or make a separate thread on /vp/ and have people outside the general join in.
>>
>>31239927
Not that guy but personally I had fun at first but now it's become mostly tedious.
But my game's gathered quite a bit of attention and people would be pissed off if I just stopped.
>>
>>31248649
It's from sage iirc
>>
>>31266888
Your idea seems really nice, I hope it works, but in the meanwhile the pastebin should at least get updated with simple links and synopsis about hacks. I mean, not even "our" stuff is there and you have to dig to find cuck emerald and meme sapphire
nice trips btw
>>
About to download Meme Sapphire, is this the latest version or did anon update it?

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/129078493/#129079058
>>
>>31266336
To my knowledge, yes, but I haven't played either of them to say for sure.

>>31269681
I think that's the most recent version?
>>
Not sure if this is the place to ask but..

Is it possible to set up Pokemon Showdown so it only has custom pokemon?
>>
How do you guys choose stats for your pokemon? Also, how do you balance your game?
>>
>>31271162
yes.
I don't know how, but its possible.
>>
>>31271162
Not really the right place, but either way, yes it is possible. You have to have your own server though. I'm not exactly sure of the details beyond that.

>>31271217
Assuming you already have the designs, first kinda eyeball the design for what you'd expect (balloonish/fat things have high hp, things with armor have high defense, electric types are fast, etc.) After that, I try to compare it to a similar GF Pokemon and go from there. After I'm largely done with everything, I go back and compare them all to each other and made any final changes then.
>>
>Start Meme Sapphire
>LV 3 Wurmple 2HKO's my Treecko
Shit, I'm in for a ride.
>>
File: OVR0x3In_400x400.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
OVR0x3In_400x400.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
Gonna do some fakemon designing tonight

If anyone needs the discord link for /heg/:
https://discord.gg/CEy37az
>>
Is there any good romhack with pokemon from gen VI and VII?
>>
>>31237111
>Kotaku could just decide to write an article about it
Not if you only give a boy/girl player option.
>>
>>31237111
Kotaku made an article about my game about a year ago and while it did make it gain a lot of attention, at least for a while, I never received anything close to a c&d.
>>
>>31259962
Why would they be?
Is there something new happening we should worry about?
>>
>>31233751
id update the pastebin's rijion hacks' links
>>
>>31259962
The forum seems to be trying to get rid of ROM hacking terminology but I don't think it's kill. It's the largest hacking community online, and it's like a handful of competent people, a handful of persistent noobies, and then you got tourists who go full retard trying to create a hack but really just want someone else to do the actual work while they jerk themselves off with some fan fiction garbage.
I'm a persistent noobie, but began as a fan fiction garbage dreaming tourist several years ago.
>>31274031
What game?
>>31267555
Figuring out scripting without any prior scripting/programming knowledge can be tedious. Changing or adding Pokemon can be tedious. The artistic side can be tedious.
But then, the art can be fun. I love when a map really comes together. Changing the Pokemon can be fun - counting them down, each one a step closer to completion. Scripting can be fun, finally getting an event to work after you've spent days debugging and fucking it up worse and getting zero help because like 3 people get scripting that are willing to help.
Hacking is satisfying, but like all things requires dedication and perseverance to get that satisfaction from.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/team-swamp-battle-wip-preview-2

I'm stick stuck on developing two sections of this, but it's much further along
>>
>>31246566
How did you make the fog overlay? I mean the graphic, not implementing it. So fucking dank, but I don't know any public resource to splice.
>>
File: IMG_20170107_212720.jpg (1MB, 2372x3074px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170107_212720.jpg
1MB, 2372x3074px
Dark/Flying
It learns several high frequency Sound moves as well as a few draining moves.
It's claws allow it to walk on walls and ceilings where it avoids predators, as well secure it's rare but favorite food, Nectrin Berries.
>>
>>31275688
You mean the canopy cracks or cloud cracks or whatever?
>>
Anybody got a .CIA for Rising Ruby or Sinking Sapphire?
>>
>>31275407
Totally coming along man, can't wait to hear the finished version.

Also I was about to say you could include a section with the encounter theme in it... but then I listened to it again.
>>
File: IMG_20170107_212931.jpg (2MB, 3006x3991px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170107_212931.jpg
2MB, 3006x3991px
Night bump with Cubush~
>>
What's a good XY hack? The only two I know of are Neo XY and Eternal X/Wilting Y. EXWY looks better to me, but I just wanted to get a second opinion.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but /ekx/ is kill right now, and that just seems to be all injectbegging anyway
>>
Is this the injection general?
>>
>>31281195
Definitely EXWY, unless you like cringe worthy dialogue and illegal movesets on half of your opponent's Pokemon. There aren't any other options AFAIK.
>>
>>31238345
>The region is loosely based on England and the league (Primary League, as in primary colors) is based on the soccer Premier League.

If it's based on football all the gym leaders need to suck ass then
>>
Does anyone have a good tutorial for RPG Maker and making a Pokemon Game on It. Sorry I'm really new to this.
>>
>>31281349
no

>>31283234
There's tutorials on the Essentials wiki.
>>
Anyone know if Procyon/Deneb are still being worked on?

Theyre the sequels to Vega
>>
I want to make a hack, where would i get started other than having a rom and hack tools?
>>
>>31286330
>>31233751
>>
>>31238741
Are you me?
Because I was just thinking of doing a champion's club tournament before I read this.
>>
File: 1479556664660.png (49KB, 859x543px) Image search: [Google]
1479556664660.png
49KB, 859x543px
How many of you have experience editing Gen 1 and 2 ROM's music?
What am I limited to do in edited music, in terms of size and complexity? Are music ROM tables rigid, or I can use some spare space to make some songs bigger or smaller?
>>
>>31281632
Nah, it's not like there's soccer in the game.
No, you have a battling team. Teams of pokemon trainers that battle other teams of pokemon trainers. Like a sport.
Imagine if you joined a pokemon gym and all the gyms had a team that battled other pokemon gyms.
Brock's gym would be like Pewter City Head Smashers. Brock would be captain until you get your rank up and have to face him for supremacy.
You'd battle the Cerulean City Bubblebeams or some shit like that...you get it
>>
File: IMG_20170108_144936.jpg (2MB, 3006x4351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170108_144936.jpg
2MB, 3006x4351px
>>31277517
It's evolution
Although it eats exclusively fruit, a rumor persists that it sucks blood like Golbat.
>>
Dont make games based off someone elses property you theives.
>>
>>31287819
Yeah, what this guy said!
pls delet ur games right now
>>
>>31287842
>>31287819
__no
>>
Guys, give me a good reason not to use that base we fucked with a couple of generals ago - you know the one, with all the megas and most Alola mons added where the pokedex past gen 3 is in spanish.
It's a daunting task replacing all the Pokemon for a custom 386 base when this one has every one (except a few that have sprites available now) and this thing has it all plus ASM stuff already done. Aside the dex (and the weird shit he did to the house tiles in Pallet) it's a really solid foundation for someone with limited time.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364889

Looks like free space (10 bits from 800000) starts at 8C5820
We determined he did NOT expand the rom to 16mb, but I'm not savvy enough to confirm that.
Is there any reason NOT to use this as a base?
>>
>>31287819
lmfao
pls
i cannot
>it's a 12 year old with allegiances to a corporate machine
>>31287842
no u!
>>
>>31288012
Because it was made by a dunce.
The only thing he did was add on Pokemon, which any tool can do these days (although putting in the correct data takes time).

The "ASM stuff" is in MrDollsteak's base, which is essentially what this is - MrDS' base with more Pokemon, minus their correct cries.
>>
How do you guys come up with region names?

Official names always have 5 letters and an 'o' (Sinnoh and sidegames being the only exceptions).

Does the name have to have a meaning of some sort? Sinnoh means mysterious and Hoenn means distant if I'm remembering correctly.
>>
>>31288012
>>31288110
Also
>limited time

Making any game takes a lot of time, not just a month or two.
Unless you're gonna die in the next year or so, then you should have plenty of time.
>>
>>31288028
You are stealing an IP because you are an unoriginal fuck. Would you steal a car?
>>
>>31288259
What if I already stole a car?
>>
>>31288110
I just did some more testing.
Game freezes when you catch a Pokemon, even when editing the habitat.
Fuck it, guess I'll just crawl along a couple of replacements at a time. I was delusionally trying to figure out how to make use of all those mons anyways, saying to myself I'd just add another region.
Offhand, do I need to expand the rom to 16 mb if I want to add more regions? I know I probably won't get that far, but is it better to do so just to be on the safe side?
>>
>>31288259
>you wouldnt download a car

Heck yes i would if it was possible
>>
>>31288353
The rom should already be 16mb.
You only really need to expand to 32mb if you're expanding the dex to 721+ Pokemon, or if you have a fuckhuge region.
Trust me, if you need more space, you'll know.
>>
>>31288259
Son I stole cars when you were in diapers and was shaking up meth in smart water bottles when you were trying to hide your boners.
>inb4 ur hacking a childs game
I've had a colorful life and have many interests and hobbies, go fuck yourself.
Also, I don't hack for other people to applaud my efforts. Do you go on Skyrim modding forums and shit all over everyone for modding the TES games? I bet you have 500 sex mods installed and namefag on /vg/ /tesg/ with waifus. Suck my dick and keep working on your youtube lets plays that nobody views except the weird kid in class who would be your only friend if you weren't suck an insecure, narcissistic little worm.
>>
File: IMG_20170108_152254.jpg (1010KB, 2822x2333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170108_152254.jpg
1010KB, 2822x2333px
Poison/Dark
Abilities: Unnerve, Hustle
Pokébody: Poison Barbs- Contact with this Pokémon damages and has a 30% chance of inflicting poison
>>
>>31288407
Oops, yeah I meant 32mb. How big is fuck-huge? I'm keeping a 386 (but with 98 replacements) and adding a few maps but expanding many others, I've toyed with adding another region since day one though.
I know I'd probably need to expand the available number of trainers (and therefore flags) and that does require expanding the rom to 32mb, but still unsure if I want to commit.
>>
>>31288497

Sounds like you won't need to expand the rom.
Maps don't actually take that much space.

As for the trainers, noone has actually successfully expanded trainers without bugs.
Every trainer has its own flag in RAM, so you'd need to change the memory allocation. No idea how, and haven't seen anyone who's tried it.

Why would you need more than 742 trainers, anyway?
A lot of them aren't even used by the game.
>>
>>31288657
>Why would you need more than 742 trainers, anyway?
To populate the game world, duh.
I'm still very new at this (in spite of off and on research and development for two years), so I'm afraid of running out of base resources.
Thanks for your help, anon!
>>
>>31288657
>As for the trainers, noone has actually successfully expanded trainers without bugs.

It would probably be easy now with the pokeruby disassembly.
>>
>>31289067
Also, if you're familiar with scripting already, and want to have some sort of facility with a lot of trainers, have a look at this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8877758&postcount=662

This way, you could use the same Trainer ID over and over, and it would have random Pokemon selected from the table you make.
(I'm not sure if this always gives the trainer 6 pokemon, or of it's dependant on the original trainer data's amount though)

Here are the other parts, for trainer name and sprite randomization:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8881379&postcount=672
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8881358&postcount=671
>>
>>31289262
Yeah, I know.
Was talking about Firered though.
>>
>>31289290
Fair enough.
>>
In my current Rom-hack I want one single starter that can evolve into a custom mon of each type. How do I come up with evolution-methods without it all being stones or doing the same shit on different locations?
>>
Im gonna email Nintendo about all these illegal fan projects.
>>
>>31289354
Make it story based. Have the player make a decision that triggers a flag. When the starter levels up with a certain flag on, it will evolve into a specific evolution
>>
>>31289283
Nah, I'll admit I can only do basic scripts at the moment like trainerbattle, giveitem, applymovement, etc.
>>31289354
Friendship. I don't know exactly, but try friendship day/night for two of them and regular evolution for the other. Make sure the regular evo is a level or two higher than either friendships. It's an idea.
>>31289371
What the? I just got a C&D from Nintendo in my personal email! The CC said John Gamefreak!
>>
>>31238345
>Premier League

Are you saying that I will be able to fill my beloved Everton with my beloved Froslasses
>>
>>31239686
I used to be like that but once you try you learn really fast
>>
>>31289531
Good. Dont make games off of something that you dont own you fucking thief.
>>
File: 1478894669214.png (50KB, 300x348px) Image search: [Google]
1478894669214.png
50KB, 300x348px
>>31289447
Morality based evolution looks rad as fug, but it's a difficult concept to handle in a fun way.

Now, you should gauge how much will you count on the surprise factor. Some NPC in some city can tell how much are you into a certain morality factor if you're going to do that.
And you should gauge how complex will you make that system too. Maybe by gauging how often does a player put a Pokemon in the PC maybe?

>>31289596
I'm interested in music hacking more than in a complete hack, but I haven't any experience in hacking Pokemon ROMs' music yet. I have looked some disassemblies and the music engine looks neat, almost in a score format, but I'm afraid you can't do some cool effects like they do in some games like Mega Man, as they would take a lot of ROM space.
>>
I want to play around making maps but not actually make a full game or anything. What is the best way to do this on Mac?

All methods seem to be windows exclusive. Just photoshop I guess? Seems like an ass-backwards way to go about it.
>>
>>31233751
>no up-to-date info and links for prism in the OP
People are going to continue to make Prism threads until someone places that shit somewhere more permanent. Put that shit in the OP already so threads don't have to die to this shit.
>>
>>31258322
Does it make the affected Pokemon use its move the next turn? That would be cool and also it would be more than protect clone
>>
>>31236737
Listen anon. If you keep it here on 4chan, literally nothing will happen. If you ever decide to release it on pokecommunity, make a throwaway account with 10minute mail, just to post the final release. If it's good, we'll do all the hard work distributing it for you.
>>
>>31288239
It can kind of be whatever, I think. Obviously Alola is based on aloha and Kalos is based on kαλλονή (pronounced something like Kalloni) which is Greek for beauty. I vaguely remember reading that Unova comes from the words unity and nova (new). Kanto is the name of the irl location that Kanto is based on, and I have no idea about either Isshu or Johto.

Basically, something related to the theme of the region.
>>
>>31289666
You could give story related decisions
Idk what your specific case is, but if you joined the evil team or defeated them, you could make the Pokémon evolve based only on that at a certain level.
That way you don't have to make a karma system. You'd know based on how the story develops.
>>
>>31289764
Yeah, sure.
It's like a semi trapping move. Eaither switch or your pokemon will use the move you chose before Time Freeze
Turn 1
>Clocklord used Time Freeze
>Garchomp was frozen in time!
>Clocklord's Leftovers recovered some of its health
Turn 2
>Clocklord, come back!
>Go Articuno!
>Garchomp used Earthquake!
>It doesn't affect Articuno
>>
>>31289666
Nice trips, Satan
Also, I have this pokemon based on a witch's apprentice that evolves based on morality.
Like Wiccan religion, its evolution is based on the left path aka Dark Magic or the right path White Magic
>>
>>31288451
Man, I like this one.
I named one I made Toxiquil.
>>
>>31289535
Nah lol
>>
You are all criminals. Every last one of you, who either makes these games or supports them.
>>
>>31291256
Please stay around and keep this thread bumped :^)
>>
>>31291311
I'm bringing attention to this very important issue. Fan games need to stop now.
>>
>>31291329
I AM A ROM HACKER I AM A ROM HACKER I AM A ROM HACKER I AM ROM HACKING RIGHT NOW
YOU CANT STOP ME
I AM AN ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
I give up.
>>
>>31291484
Good. Make your own fucking game asshole.
>>
>>31291508
I am.
And guess what?
It's a Pokemon game.
I'm using an existing Pokemon game to build it with.
And you can't stop me.
I'm not afraid of you. I'm going to come to your house and beat the crap out of you, kid.
And I'm going to post your address for everyone to see:
1191 Fields Ave, Columbus, OH, 43344
ur fukkin ded, kid
>>
>>31292139
Thanks for your address, I'm guessing that's yours. Just emailed Nintendo it along with your illegal activity so they can shut you the fuck down.
>>
>>31292139
>>31292208
R.I.P. residence of 1191 Fields Ave, Columbus, OH, 43344
>>
>>31292139
>waste removal site across from Shrum Mound
Well played
>>
How to not get C&D'ed by Nip Nendo:

1) dont call your game pokemon
2) if you really want to call it pokemon, don't do it till release
3) don't share screens with any existent pokemon even if they're in your game. fakemon are fine. if you don't use fakemon then don't share battle screens period
4) don't post about it on pokecommunity and lebbit
5) don't fucking stream it on twitch and make teaser videos about it

there you go!
>>
>>31292220
>>31292295
someone forgot to erase their dumb tripcode
>>
>>31292314
No, I didn't :)
>>
>>31292314
Hey newfag, shut the fuck up. This, like many generals, is where a namefag with a tripcode is acceptable. Max is a fucking staple of these threads. Now turn your faggot Jimmy Neutron trip back on.
>>
Welp, that guy has a point.
I don't want to infringe on Nintendo's or Gamefreak's intellectual property.
From this point on, I will no longer continue work on Meta Mercury or any future pokémon related fan projects.
To keep the work of the company in their hands, I won't be releasing any source code either.
There's plenty I can still do. Maybe start a Monster Hunting game for another platform.
I could go make some games for the Play Store.
I guess this frees up some time to enjoy life.
Chase girls, get rejected by girls, hell, maybe even fap to a loli here and there.
I hope to see you guys make similar moves, too.
Fulfill your creative urges and create 100% original content.

Until then, I wish you all luck,
Dimbus Maximus
>>
>>31293016
Trust me, you can hack on the side and still
-get laid
-volunteer
-go to school
-work a job
-keep a house clean and cook your own delicious meals
-masturbate
-binge every season of Star Trek
-maintain a clean and well curated lawn
I just bought a house that I'll give Nintendo in the inevitable lawsuit. You can do plenty of things AND still have time to hack, Max!
>>
>>31293439
I'm kidding.
>>
>>31293016
Nooooooo->>31293448
Okay. Don't play like that bro.
>>
Does anyone know a way to customize the music that plays in sun and moon? Some people mentioned SaltySD but I have no idea how to use that.
>>
File: Ninetales.png (27KB, 393x448px) Image search: [Google]
Ninetales.png
27KB, 393x448px
Deposited a female lvl 28 Cleffa in heal ball

"Please trade PKMN with me"

IGN Nick again
>>
>>31237995
ssssaaackkks
>>
File: 9c2.jpg (19KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
9c2.jpg
19KB, 295x295px
>>31294742
I don't get it.

>>31294626
>>31284577
And pic related
>>
>>31233751
For a few friends. They wanted to play older games, but with a few updates. So I learned a little and set out to do some simple tweaks to the game. I don't feel my game is good enough to even post (since im sure everyone has a standard hacked firered rom sitting around), but where do you guys get people to test your games generally?
>>
>>31294836
What rule am I breaking?
>>
>>31294948
This is just the wrong thread
/Ekx/ handles injection
>>
>>31294948
You're in the wrong thread, this is /heg/ not /ekx/
>>
>>31294948
This is a thread for discussing fanmade rom hacks and custom Pokemon games. Has nothing to do with hacking/injecting Pokemon to use in the cartridge games.
>>
>>31294962
>>31294965
>>31294970
I'm retarded, I though someone made a new thread
>>
I want to make a hard mode of Moon, are there any guides for specific customization for Sun/Moon yet? I've got the game dumped and I'm trying to use pk3DS, but it's not letting me edit everything, like TMs, crashes trying to change move stats and has no option for changing found/given items. Is there a better program for romhacking Moon yet, or is it still too early?
>>
>>31296511
bro barely anybody has started on gen 4
>>
>>31296790
I don't mean like a full romhack, I just mean updated moves/trainer listings, changing some TMs around (not locations just what moves they are), change what items are given (useful items instead of things like dire hits and the like), basically like what BlazeBlack/VoltWhite is.
>>
has anyone thought doing a manly pink version of pokemon sage?

replace all the pokemon in fire red / emerald with the sage pokedex since they can't make their own game in time?
>>
>>31296840
That'd be pretty rude.
You'd basically be taking their designs to make a game of a lower quality before they could even finish the original, spoiling the fun.
As someone working with Sage, you'd enjoy it a lot more if you wait.
It'll be out soon enough.
>>
>>31296825
if you have little or no experience i doubt you would be able to unless you were really dedicated to researching it yourself
>>
>>31296933
Well, I've been looking at pk3ds and it doesn't seem like it'd be super hard for what I'm looking to do, just time consuming. Admittedly I'm fine with what pk3ds is letting me do, but I'd still like to be able to update move stats without it crashing, and changing what TMs are what at least.
>>
>>31296915
well we've been waiting on demo 2 for like 2 years
>>
File: What_did_they_mean_by_this.jpg (31KB, 1080x367px) Image search: [Google]
What_did_they_mean_by_this.jpg
31KB, 1080x367px
>>31297046
There is a demo, my dude.
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo
>>
>>31297078
>http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo
yeah but the same demo has been out for well over a year
>>
File: 1478410623619.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1478410623619.gif
2MB, 200x200px
This question feels exceedingly simple but I'm fairly clueless.

I'm using Essentials and I want to make some new items, specifically ones that would increase a Pokémon's stats, similar to how the Soul Dew used to work, and I'm pretty sure I can't just do it through the editor. I'm guessing I open up the rxdata to do this but I have no idea how to do that, either.
>>
What are the best GBA hacks out there? Stuff I've gone through:

Pokemon Gaia
Pokemon Glazed
Pokemon Light Platinum
Pokemon Theta Emerald
>>
>>31296915
Didn't know you work with sage.
Not gonna lie, I badmouth them a lot, but they're mostly good.
>>
File: 1404225391424.gif (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1404225391424.gif
12KB, 250x242px
All I want is a hack with a shit ton of pokemon from all gens I can nuzlocke with.

Where can I find this?
>>
>>31298085
https://sanqui.rustedlogic.net/randomizer/
>>
>>31241743
Uranium didn't have a full dex, you know.
>>
File: KantoPlus.png (3MB, 1594x1215px) Image search: [Google]
KantoPlus.png
3MB, 1594x1215px
I've got VX Ace and want to get started with an Essentials game. Is there a 'best' version to use? Do any of them include Fairy, or will I have to add that typing? Any tips/things I should know before starting?
>>
>>31297970
Pokemon Vega is good too.
>>
>>31298085
Seeing as Prism had about 300~400 Pokemon with animations included, would it be technically possible to include the current ~800 Pokemon into a Gen 2 rom with no animations? Or there are other limitations besides sprite sizes and Pokemon mechanics data?
>>
>>31301082
>Prism had about 300~400 Pokemon

Prism had exactly 253 Pokémon, the current cap on how many you can have. You could have as many as you want (at least until you run out of room to hold the data) if you expanded all the code in the game to use two bytes for Pokémon indexes instead of one, but that's a large "if" and a lot of work. Someone did that work already in Red, though.
>>
Holy shit are we still going bump?
>>
>>31297270
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4
>>
>>31300668
First off, Essentials only runs on RPG Maker XP
Most all versions have fairy included. In those that don't, it's really easy to add.
>>
Someone pl0x educate me on .cia files. Are they essentially the .iso of the 3DS world? Or something different? And why ".cia"?
>>
>>31303353
Decrypted images. You better ask that in >>>/vg/hbg
>>
Im pretty sure this is a dumb question, but is it possible to simulate S.O.S. battles with Essentials?
If not, is there anything similar?
I just need to do it once or twice for this legendary encounter.
>>
>>31303353
.cia files are more like .wad files than .iso. .3ds files are closer to .isos, you install .cia files directly to your 3DS.
>>
>>31233751
Does anyone have a Prism ROM compiled to work with a GBA flashcart? Goomba is a piece of shit.
>>
Not gonna lie I've been completety against PKHeX and general injecting. But recent come around since it's not cheating just genning in battles.

Where the fuck do I start
>>
>>31304562
Wrong general.
>>
>>31304583
Woops Is there a general for this
>>
Is there any good hack for 6 gen?
Also recommend me some gba hacks.
>>
>>31304620
Dude, fuck off. You've made this same "accident" like three times already.
>>
>>31304661
There are a few Gen 6 difficulty hacks.

For XY, Eternal X and Wilting Y are your only option unless you want to laugh at how fucking horrible Neo XY is. It makes trainers harder, buffs shitmons, and rearranges the wild distribution to somehow have even fucking more Pokémon than XY already did.

ORAS has a few more options, with Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire, Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire, and Meme Sapphire.

Rising/Sinking is made by Drayano60, if you've ever played one of his past hacks like Blaze Black you know what to expect, if not it makes trainers moderately harder, buffs shitmons, and changes wild distribution.

Rutile/Star does NOT buff shitmons and only has "official" wildmons (the wild distribution is identical to vanilla ORAS post-National Dex), done so anything caught in that hack can be transferred to the official games. It's also much harder than Rising/Sinking (Rising/Sinking is balanced with the Exp. Share being turned off in mind, Rutile/Star is balanced with the Exp. always being on and the player rotating Pokémon to gain advantage over bosses). Expect to fight trainers with Legendaries.

Meme Sapphire is an amalgamation of the above two hacks, with the brutal trainer rosters of Rutile/Star and the shitmon buffs and wild distribution of Rising/Sinking.

>>31304620
>>>/vp/ekx/
>>
>>31304749
kill yourself cunt that wasnt me you were a failed abortion wasnt asking you
>>
>>31304806
ive heard that eternal/wilting aren't as finished as neo, but neo has cringy dialogue edits. what are the other issues with neo? I'm currently playing rutile ruby and wanted to do an xy romhack next
>>
>>31305156
Beyond the cringy dialogue edits, the changes made to Pokémon are fucking awful. Some examples:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/23601812/#q23602917
>>
>>31298068
Me and you both. I love badmouthing Sage, but I know it's gonna be good in the end.

>>31296915
Well shit, Max, how many projects are you working on? Is this why Sage's development is so slow? Is everyone working on multiple projects at once?
>>
>>31292297
It seems to me like projects (well, the higher quality projects anyway) usually only get C&D'd on release (or very close to release). And even then, you can just continue to release it anonymously.

Personally, I plan to showcase my work on /vp/ only as an anon. Well, if I ever have work to showcase anyway. I might tripcode in the future so people know it's me if I make any significant progress though.
>>
>>31305232
what the actual fuck? i could understand some of these, like luvdisc to alomomola, but most of that is absurd. what the hell was the maker thinking?
>>
>>31296840
Why not just work for Sage and help its development go faster?
>>
>>31305778
Because Sage is just going to get C&D anyway so why bother finishing it.

Why bother doing anything in this thread? It's just going to be shut down by Nintendo.
>>
>>31288239
from what I recall, Kanto through to Sinnoh aren't even unique names, they're literally just the names of the actual areas in Japan.

I noticed that apparent pattern too, of 5 letters and the o (with those exceptions and all). Your region doesn't necessarily have to follow that, really you can make your region name anything you want it to be. Following the pattern might make it a little more "pokemon-like" but that's all it will really do, you should feel free to choose either way.

That said, like >>31289811 mentioned, I like to go for something based on or related to the region. My region is based on California. So, I used "Cali" + "au" (element name for gold) + five letters rule + "o" rule. Thus, my region is the "Caulo" region.
>>
>>31305958
I mean, it's (literally) been years and it hasn't gotten a C&D yet. Personally I don't think it'll get C&D'd, because unlike Prism (retards) Sage doesn't plaster itself all over the place.

Besides, even if Sage does gets C&D'd, this is 4chan. It's gonna be shared around anyway. Even Prism is still being downloaded.
>>
>>31304749
It wouldn't surprise me if ignorant kids come in here seeing hacking in the title and think it means injecting.
>>31304996
Calm down fuckhole, go to the injection general
>>31305958
Why bother doing anything if you know your body is just going to cease and desist someday?
>>31306043
Hacks will continue until Nintendonowrong starts smashing in doors and killing people over IP law. And frankly, that might happen 10, 15 years in the future with the wrong lawmakers.
>>
>>31305232
The best part is that it used to be MUCH worse.
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/23380541
>>
File: 1478009672981.jpg (11KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478009672981.jpg
11KB, 249x249px
>>31304806
Do we have "difficulty hacks" (Or should i say more like "enhanced" "fixed") with a balanced amount of pokemon on the trainers?

I mean not 6 pokemon on every gym leaders at the start like this anon said >>31253227, it's really retarded.
It should be more progressive
for exemple, gym leaders more like something 2 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 5 - 5 - 6
rivals having 6 pokemon for the last main game battle
etc...
>>
File: Hoenn Champ.png (476B, 40x40px) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn Champ.png
476B, 40x40px
I'm playing around with the idea of making a fangame that includes the ability to inject Pokémon from Sun and Moon so people can use their own Pokémon in the game and later export them and inject them back into Sun and Moon. A thing I've been thinking about is how Ribbons would work with this, as I really want to use pre-Gen 7 Ribbons seeing as Sun and Moon only has a mere 7 Ribbons available. Does things like Pokémon Bank ban Pokémon that have Ribbons they normally cannot have? Or do they not care about that smallstuff and therefore not check for it?
>>
>>31306489
>a game for injectors
I actually like this, and I don't even inject.
>>
>>31306650
It's not a game "for" injectors, it just has the feature of injecting. That way people can use their main-game teams if they want to, as well as And transfer Pokémon they've caught in my game over to Sun and Moon. If they want to.
>>
>>31306698
I see. Does that mean that if you're not an injector, you can at least inject your mons into the game itself?
>>
>>31288110
>Using this base is a bad idea because it saves you quite an amount of time in a hard-consuming task as it is to import a hella lot of Pokémons and getting the Mega Evolution routine correctly.
Makes sense. /s
>>
>>31296840
Do it but don't use all Sagemons. Make it a teaser-like thing with less than half of the dex, none of its legendaries, use less well-received designs, and replace the starters with the Bazilisk, Ignishell, and Totter lines.
>>
>>31306860
If you can export your save file, then you're good to go. This should be easy though, with the new SoundHax that was released not long ago that makes getting Homebrew easier than it has ever been (literally).

Just export your save, open PKHex or a similar program, export your Box 1, place the file on your SD Card in a folder that the game will utilize, and click "Import" in-game. Same goes for exporting, just in reverse.

This is theoretically speaking of course, but it should all very much be possible.
>>
>>31300668
Is your pic what you're trying to do?
This would be MUCH easier to do with a romhack than in Essentials.
>>
>>31305466
I'm doing my own project, Meta Mercury, composing for Clover, and fixing bugs and editing music for Sage.
I'm working on storyboard and setting for MM right now, so I have plenty of time to work on more involved tasks for other projects.
>>
>>31305232
Kinda cool/fitting
>fire/fairy Ponyta line
>bug/psychic butterfree
>Luvdisc now evolves into Alomomola
>dark/fairy liepard

Okay that's weird but I guess I can kinda understand where he's coming from
>fairy/rock corsola
>ground/flying farfetch'd
>ground/fairy stantler
>fighting/flying swellow
>fairy/ground exploud
>whole starly line is dark/flying
>kricketune is bug/fighting
>fairy/flying pidove line
>water/electric clauncher line

What the fuck
>electric/psychic electabuzz
>bug/ghost illumise
>water/dark lumineon and finneon
>dragon/grass goodra line
>>
>>31300668
Wouldn't it be super odd to include Ho-Oh but not the Beast Trio? Suicune was even Kanto-exclusive in HGSS.
>>
>>31298085
Theta emerald and nameless fire red
>>
>>31301082
How did they make and include the animations ? I want to implement it in my own hack
>>
>>31307366
Going to email Nintendo about all 3 of those projects.
>>
>>31307991
Not if I report you first
>>
>>31307366
You're a good guy, Max.
>>
>>31303940
>>31303940
>>31303940
Can anyone answer this?
>>
>>31303940
>>31308132
Not currently
I'm going to work on that script soon, because I need to do something similar as well.
>>
A few weeks ago an anon posted a pic of him having edited Red into being your Battle Tree partner.

Can this be done through hex editing? If so, is there a guide?
>>
I can't get my music to loop in essentials. I've split up the first part into one track and the loop into another. I try to get the loop part to... Well, loop, but it's not working. It's got a really bad noticeable cut-off. Any fix?
>>
>>31307983
I've seen they made an animated gif so they should run some script on them to turn them into frames.
I don't know much more about it, I'm just focusing on music ATM.
>>
>>31306193
> The electabuzz and magmar line gain psychic to make them a trio with the Jynx line. They all learn psychic anyways
>>They all learn psychic anyways
>>
>>31309051
All you have to do is this:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/9251-how-to-make-looping-music-the-right-way/

>No plugins
>No chopped music files
>Compatible with all RMXP games
>>
>>31304067
So, where did the ".cia" extension originate from? Is that something Nintendo uses? Is it an acronym for something aside from the obvious branch of the US government? Custom Image Application?
>>
I have so many questions anout Essentials.
But first, is there anything from the Gen 6 and Gen 7 games that can be done with Essentials aside from fairy type and Mega Evolution?
Also, when pokemkn Mega Evolve in Essentials, do their sprites change as well?
>>
>>31311539
There's no Super Training by default, but it should be really easy to implement if you get into some mild scripting.
There are plenty of minigames you can award EVs for.
You can also set up berry fields with just mapping alone.
Luka SJ has a couple scripts that make the title and battle scene look similar to the later games.
What are you looking for in particular?
>>
>>31311992
Nothing really specific, just worried that by the time I actually make this game, everything in it will be obsolete.
Also, what's your opinion on this ability for a Rock type Ogre/Giant fakemon:
>Fortify
>Absorbs Stealth Rock and Rock type attacks to raise its Def. by 1 stage
>>
>>31312312
Not max, but that sounds pretty cool to me. I feel like it could have a better name but I'm not sure what.
>>
>>31312312
>>31312866
Yeah it sounds good
Would do really well on a rock type built for a sand team
You shouldn't have to worry about your game being obsolete as long as you focus on it's quality. Legacy versions of games are a thing for a reason, and people play older Pokémon games all the time.
>>
File: 1469734492203.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469734492203.webm
2MB, 640x480px
Someday this will be compatible with essentials and not just RMXP
The recorder made it look choppy, but I'll still smooth it up some.
>>
Alright anons, how do I get 999999 FC/rare candies?
>>
>>31313944
Wrong general, you want /ekx/.

We need to put the "this thread is not for injection, go to /ekx/" thing back in the OP.
>>
I just got my first Deino in wondertrade, but it didn't update my pokedex. When you look at his summary, the row that says "Pokedex No. " is completely missing. Is he hacked? Bugged? Can someone please explain?
>>
>>31313973
Wait, so that counts as injecting and not hacking? So injecting means manipulating preexisting data and hacking is more of changing the basic structure of the program itself?
>>
>>31314043
Injecting is save editing. The "hacking" in this general refers to ROMhacking, editing the Pokémon games to change or add content, or create an entirely new fangame with the ROM as a base (like what Prism did with Crystal).
>>
File: Thread_Theme.jpg (171KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
Thread_Theme.jpg
171KB, 800x605px
>>31313944
>>31314031
>>31314043
ToTT, I guess.
>>
>>31313767
that doesn't make sense to me. The map feature isn't compatible with essentials, but it is with RMXP? Is there like different versions of RMXP or something?

Also is that from MM?
>>
>>31314183
In order to render maps in 3D, you have to rewrite the entire map system, meaning all the tweaks done by Maruno for essentials are incompatible and Essentials wont run.
What I'll end up having to do is write another method of 3D mapping that can run alongside the Essentials version.

and consequentially, not yet.
>>
File: Cynardiac sprite.png (5KB, 278x177px) Image search: [Google]
Cynardiac sprite.png
5KB, 278x177px
I posted this in the fakemon thread, but here's a fakemon I finished designing today.

It's name is Cynardiac
Grass/Fairy
Based on an artichoke flower. It's an aphrodisiac pokemon.
>>
>>31314235
Dang. This might be a dumb question but does that mean if you use the 3D map, you can't use the regular map? Anyway good luck man, hope you can get it to work.
>>
>>31314252
Yeah basically.
I'm thinking of making the soaring mechanic not use "maps" at all, but instead do a psuedo 3d scene not unlike some GBA games.
It would look and run a hell of a lot smoother, too.
>>
>>31314236
I mean yeah I'd fuck it. I know nothing about pokemon design though. Hope someone can critique this for you.
>>
>>31314236
I like the design anon, but the style doesn't look like pokemon. Looks like an enemy in a classic jrpg.
>>
>>31314327
just for clarity, by style, do you mean the pixel art doesn't look pokemon-like or the actual design isn't pokemon-like?
>>
>>31314356
The pixel art. It could be good in a game filled with similar sprited pokemon though.
>>
>>31313767
Wow you made this?
>>
>>31314163
Kekity
>>
>>31314734
Me. It's not ready though
>>
File: 1474023019023.png (22KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
1474023019023.png
22KB, 512x448px
>>31313767
I would recommend you to use instead a Latios sprite, and rotating it on demand. It being the only 3D thing on sight looks unsettling.

See Secret of Mana or Seiken Densetsu 3.
>>
Question about people who make hacks with regional variants, would it be a good idea to make sure there's an ingame trade for all variants' canon/non-Alolan counterparts?

Also how'd /heg/ get almost to bump I fucking love this
>>
>>31316493
So do you mean make the terrain flat?

>>31316508
You could do that, but I don't think you have to. If you're trying to make all Pokémon available, it would be a good idea.
>>
>>31317092
I wasn't going for all Pokemon but I kinda feel guilty since I might have fucked up someone's bro.
>>
>>31317313
Well, there hasn't been a official game yet that had all the Pokémon up in it, up until that point.
>>
Curious. Why do you guys make fan games? Why not make your own game with your own property?
>>
>>31318025
What, you're not allowed to do both?
>>
Any reason the FireRed rom I converted to a .cia hangs after the Gameboy splash?
>>
>>31318051
No Im just wondering why people make fan stuff.
>>
>>31318079
Its easier plus some of us feel like we can contribute a lot and others will like it.

I have a lot of good ideas for Metroid content but nintendo will remove my penis if I tried. AM2R were raped in a matter of days. I'm good
>>
>>31318079
It's one thing to go, "I have this great new idea", it's another to go "I think this other person's idea would be better if it had this".
>>
>>31318079
I rom hack because its fun and im good at it
>>
>>31318025
>>31318079
Dude, why thw fuck are you here?
I thought you were just baiting at first, but now it seems like you're serious.
>>
>>31318079
Making a fan version of something can be easier to do creatively, since you have a resource to work off of that you presumably already enjoy (meaning, you already know that it's good whereas with an original work, you won't know until it's finished.) We are naturally inspired by other works, so it makes sense that people create fan versions of many things. It usually starts with fan art, where people (usually younger) simply draw the characters unchanged. But, as you get more creative, you eventually start to create more original works, and thus fan games that push the envelope are formed. Eventually, the more creative you get and depending on what you want to do, you start to create more original works. However, it should be noted that in reality, nothing is truly original or new. There's typically always some inspiration or influences that come into play, even if we don't always see them.

As for me and fan games specifically, I strive to become a game designer who can do interesting things with my game mechanics. I don't intend to copy Pokemon games "word for word." I want to add my own ideas that might change how the game is experienced. And if it's something I feel Game Freak would never do, then all the better.
>>
>>31318025
It's a free creative outlet. I've given some thought to this - it's essentially fan fiction. Look at Star Trek; Star Trek fan-films (and Star Wars too for that matter) have been a staple of the fandom since the original series. Hell, Star Trek practically invented fan-fiction!
But only when Axanar (and probably Renegades, desu) began merchandising too close to an official release (Discovery) did Paramount (or CBS, it's confusing and I'm not looking it up) drop the hammer on them. 50 years of filmed fan fiction with several multi-episode series and now there are strict rules.
Something similar happened with Nintendonowrong and Prism. Just as Axanar, Prism was too high profile a release too close to an official asset for corporate comfort.
Now, why do I make a fan game? Because I enjoy creating maps, and I enjoy coming up with the plot and putting my own spin on established characters and events. I like the idea that after I'm done I will be able to play my own unique, customized Pokemon adventure built on an official release. I like the idea that when my kid is old enough to discover Pokemon, I can put it on an old phone and let him play it and he can look at his dad in awe. "My dad made a Pokemon game! And it's fun!" Might be too sentimental or mature a notion for /vp/, but it's something I've given thought to.
I don't know why Nintendo or GF won't take advantage of the community's desire to create their own Pokemon adventures. Bethesda wholeheartedly supports their modding scene, and it gives their major releases longevity past what they might have - my dude I am STILL playing Morrowind 15 years after it was released because of the various possible mod builds (Rebirth, Tamriel Rebuilt, the Telvanni mods, and a million other modular small mods to tweak the experience.) Fuck, look at Skyrim, 6 years old this year, no new release in sight and still going strong thanks to modding.
1/2
>>
>>31318025
>>31319159
2/2
And you know what? FUCK anyone who calls me out on being an unoriginal piece of shit for not making my own game. Hacking isn't easy, and I'd like to see these corporate bootlicking faggots try to hack.
>>
>>31318025
>>31318079
The answer is extremely simple: because it's fun, because it's human nature to want to expand stuff we like and because we know other people will like the product just as much as we like it ourselves.
>>
>>31319601
The answer is simple, but some people don't want a simple answer, they want explanations.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.