[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nostalgia Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

File: Kanto_starters_I.png (179KB, 529x294px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_starters_I.png
179KB, 529x294px
Lets get some nostalgic cozy goin here. We're all a bunch of hateful, jaded assholes now but I know that for every one of you there was a little kid who had just discovered Pokemon and got sucked into this world of adventures and magical creatures. Whats your story?
>>
>>31233440
Something about Route 113 in Ruby was magical to me as a kid. I got there and saved as I was planning to sleep, but stayed up around an hour just listening to the music and watching the ash fall from the sky. Going there still makes me nostalgic.
>>
>>31233483
>ruby
>as a kid
>>
>>31233634
I played all games that had been released as a kid. This moment was the most nostalgic one.

I'm not underage, so try again :^)
>>
>>31233634
I was a kid when ruby came out, too, and I'm 27, what's the issue? Under 16 is kid.
>>
>>31233440
>live in the UK
>been a Pokemon fan since Blue version
>find out about GSC on the internet
>learn it comes out autumn 2000 in the US and spring 2001 in the UK for some bullshit reason
>obsess over it
>christmas 2000 arrives
>a mysterious present is under the tree
>it's Pokemon Silver
>my parents imported it from the US
>by the time Christmas dinner was ready I had already reached the third gym and was utterly destroyed by Whitney's Miltank

Still one of the best days of my life
>>
>>31233634
Gen 3 came out 14-15 years ago. People who started with gen 4 as children are now old enough to post here.
>>
Already talked about this in another thread.. eh
[Part 1]
>Be Me
>Be Eleven
>Don't play Pokémon
>Classmate gets me into it
>Buy Platinum
>Don't know shit about Pokémon
>Struggle through game with severely under leveled pokes
>Can't beat Volkner
>Same friend traded me a level 98 Fearow
>>
>>31235701
[Part 2]
>Beat Volkner with difficulty because I'm still shit
>Battle the Elite Four and Cynthia
>Somehow win
>Friend comes over to my house
>We do the contest instead of battle because we're fags
>Have perfect opportunity to get tons of hearts
>he Leans over and picks a move the judge is least likely to like
>He cheats at the contest out of fear of losing
>We get in a fight
>Stop being friends over Pokémon
>Delete Game out of spite
>Deleted Fearow
>never tell him
>Pretty sure he still has my Luxray
>>
>>31233440
>be ten
>dad buys me a clear purple GBC and pokemon red in one of those plastic bundles from some warehouse place
>play through the game
>go to distant uncle's house for christmas
>distant cousin tells me that Blastoise is the best and Dodrio is the best bird
>don't believe him but try anyway
>BTFO everything
>>
>10 years old role playing visiting my wife Misty at her gym.

I was a retard. Things only got worse once I discovered Harvest moon.
>>
>>31233634
You're a fucking shitstain

Ruby came out almost 20 fucking years ago
>>
File: _PNG_Image__322___263_pixels_.png (7KB, 322x263px) Image search: [Google]
_PNG_Image__322___263_pixels_.png
7KB, 322x263px
>31236912
I don't think I was 1 when I played Ruby, but okay.

No (you) for you
>>
>>31233440
God I miss Sugimori's original art.
>>
>>31233440
Fuck off you cancerous genwunner. I don't feel nostalgia for your shitty games because I started with BW, which is superior in every aspect.
>>
File: eih4ppncyqkt6hxc7mx0.png (219KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eih4ppncyqkt6hxc7mx0.png
219KB, 500x500px
How did this make you feel?
>>
>>31240023
It didn't say anything about gen one though, just nostalgia. Get cozy and reminisce about BW if that's what you started with.
>>
>>31240119
They turned my redgy 2kool4u badass into some normie bro dude and blue into a capri-wearing faggot.

These two are supposed to be jaded, genius child prodigies who survived life and death situations taking on the mob and conquering their world's most competitive bloodsport as 11 year olds, not tourist millenial shitstains streaming their facebook live videos for their 20 followers.
>>
File: 1453695255122.jpg (46KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453695255122.jpg
46KB, 353x500px
>Be 9
>Ruby had just came out
>Spend all my time playing it
>Would get in trouble playing it late at night when I was supposed to be sleeping
>The summer comes
>My dad was a carpenter and I would have to go to the building site with him since we could never find anybody to look after me since school was out
>I would bring my gameboy advance with tons of batteries to pass the time since there wasn't anything else for me to do there
>I would spend days playing ruby
>sometime in July I believe, I made it to the elite 4
>I beat them in that same day
>I was so excited I rushed and told my dad
>He was incredibly busy and I remember he was on a ladder working with electrical wiring
>He still had time to congratulate me on something he had no idea about
I can't remember if he was only congratulating me to get me out of the way since he was busy or if he was really glad I did that. I've always been going with the latter since my dad's always been a supportive man. Thanks for everything you've done for me, dad.
>>
Is this a JoJo reference?
>>
File: Penis.png (1MB, 1754x784px) Image search: [Google]
Penis.png
1MB, 1754x784px
I found out about Pokemon from the Nintendo Power video, and got Red on release day at Kmart while my friend got Blue.

I still associate the smell of Burger King with going there for the Pokemon toys.

Also, I remember getting Pokemon Snap on my birthday and everyone at my party drank Surge. That was late 90s af tbhfam.

I actually have the most nostalgia for Pearl, since I was a happy-go-lucky teen, just out of school and just got my driver's license - fun times
>>
File: D63.jpg (389KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
D63.jpg
389KB, 842x595px
>>31240982
That's a sweet story
>>
File: IMG_1771.jpg (48KB, 350x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1771.jpg
48KB, 350x283px
>Be 6 when Red and Blue dropped.
>Had the game because monsters are my jam.
>Play the game for a good 3 hours without leaving the house because I had never played games by myself before this point (life in the '90s didn't have kids with an iPad placed in their hands at birth ok young'ns)
>Hell yes I'm playing Pokémon!
>Show Grandma how awesome it is.
>Anon-kun why don't you try going out that door right there?
>Stepped through the door, and never looked back since.
Venasaur is the best starter, you can disagree, it's ok to be wrong.
>>
>>31241361
Ok iPad...meant Venusaur
>>
>>31233769
under 20 is a kid

try again
>>
>>31240569
>Waaah my self-insert character and his rival aren't the number one op heroes anymore!
>>
>>31233440
Man I just remeber watching my brother play Yellow so much

He told me to stop breathing on his neck a good amount of times
>>
File: IMG_3957.jpg (195KB, 1103x1595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3957.jpg
195KB, 1103x1595px
Pearl wasn't my first Pokémon game, but something about it really strikes a chord with me, even now
>>
>>31233440
>be 6 in a summer daycare
>steal other people's pokemon games and DSes and gameboys
>get caught by parents
>have to apologize to 50+ people for stealing despite only like 3 people playing pokemon
>everyone hates me
>leave daycare
>parents buy me a gameboy and pokemon ruby

moral of the story: steal shit so your parents will buy you stuff
>>
>>31235555

Quads deserved, that's heart-warming dude.
>>
>>31240569
>These two are supposed to be jaded, genius child prodigies who survived life and death situations taking on the mob and conquering their world's most competitive bloodsport as 11 year olds

wat
>>
File: truered.png (168KB, 373x333px) Image search: [Google]
truered.png
168KB, 373x333px
My pop got me my first pokemon game silver when I turn 9-10 for my birthday, played it but never finished it because it and my gameboy was stolen while I was visiting family in puertorico on vacation(fucking thrives). I got gold version alittle later and played it so much to the point of crying when I accident reset the clock with a button combo that wiped my save and all my bros were no more but I did learn starting over fresh was ok. Years later I would come back for HGSS and pick up Soulsilver with my own money to finally finish it and put it to rest.
>>
>Be 13
>Hear about this hot new game Pokemon White
>Get it the day it came out at GameStop
>Think it's great
>6 years later everyone hates it

Also I'm 19 so relax
>>
>Be eight when FireRed and LeafGreen came out
>Had frequent seizures that went unexplained in the past year
>I had to have a brain scan test done that required me to be asleep
>my parents made me stay awake for an entire 24 hours to make sure i can sleep during the tests
>dad went out and bought me pokemon leafgreen to keep me awake
>got all the way up to misty in that 24 hours and encountered a bellsprout
>my eight year old self became enchanted by this shitty plant
>solod the game with the shitty plant
>was a level 84 weepinbell by the time i beat the elite 4

SPROUT is a level 100, unevolved weepinbell to this day.
>>
File: 1470160267836.png (54KB, 512x727px) Image search: [Google]
1470160267836.png
54KB, 512x727px
>>31233634
>Anyone who didn't play red/blue is not a true fan
>>
>>31233440
>back when starters were monsters and not furbait
Truly the best of times that lasted until Gen IV
>>
Post yfw when this happened.
>>
>>31241511
To add I just pull out my gold version to old times,thought I forgotten the old GBA sounds and music, it's so soothing.
>>
>Be in school
>All the kids are trading Pokemon cards
>Not just your old school Pokemon cards, these are the cardboard ones on the back of lunchables people cut out
>Never before in my life have I wanted to play a game so bad
>Christmas rolls around and I get my first ever gameboy and game - A Gameboy (volume and contrast awww yea) and Pokemon Blue
>Spend every waking moment playing with my best friend since he got red
>Friends Red game breaks and never works again.
>Years pass and find out he is moving across the country
>I gave him my blue game with my level 92 vaporeon
>Get gold and silver that Christmas and discover my love for the games all over again.
>Hope he got them as well
I ended up moving a lot, but finally got back in touch with him with the internet rolling out to more places (AOL at the time). Turns out he traded my game for a few dollars to take a chick on a date.
Still love the Gen 1 games because of how many friends I made from them.
>>
>Got Pokemon Red version from my Dad when my parents got a divorce. I was like 9 or 10. Neither of them really understood video games, so I had a Gameboy for about a year before that and no games.
>I spent days straight playing Red when I was at my Dad's house, because I wasn't allowed to take it to my Mom's.
>Mom and Mom's new boyfriend would shit talk my Dad nonstop and talk about how terrible he was for letting me play video games.
>It was a huge part of my social stuff and was a huge escape for me from a reality where I was having some serious issues (Mom's new BF was pretty abusive and I didn't take the divorce well).
>I used to talk to my Pokemon and imagine what it would be like to be a real Pokemon trainer, on my own where no one could hurt me and I'ld be able to travel alone with my magic fairy dog-babies.
>Bulbasaur was my absolute bro and I would tell him to wait for me when I had to leave and go back to my Mom's.
>Got grounded once for like 6 months for bringing just red version over to my Mom's house, not even my Gameboy, to show the girl I liked who lived in the apartment next door my Mew.
>They took my Red version and everything and anything else I had that was Pokemon related and packed it up into a box in their room.
>It took my Dad threatening legal action for them having "Stole his property" for him to get it back.
>Eventually they lobbied the court for more custody and I had to stop taking the game to school and my social life started dying.

For a bit of my childhood Red version was basically how I dealt with life.
>>
>>31233440
>tfw your brothers were the most reliable source of information for gen 1
>tfw you're the only one who still likes the games

It was bittersweet about them asking for Go advice, they know I'm still playing the games but not an autist
>>
>>31241591
he should post his face after i my pokemon beat the living shit of his team
>>
>>31241442
>wat

>These two are supposed to be jaded,
Because they've seen the worst aspects of humanity at a young age, lost innocence.

>genius child prodigies
Because they quickly dominated a sport/compitition at a young age, little to no precedence.

>who survived life and death situations taking on the mob
>Team rocket

>and conquering their world's most competitive bloodsport as 11 year olds

They each became champion of the indigo league, beating out a bunch of adults, in a competition involving coaching superanimals in combat. Like have you played these games or something how do you not understand this?

I'm not saying red needs to literally be a mute *teleports behind you* fedora wearing autist, I'm saying he shouldn't look like some sheltered millennial dipshit.
>>
>31241819
>Because they quickly dominated a sport/compitition at a young age, little to no precedence.
are you a literal genwunner? this happens in every game, you moron.
and no, you won't get a (You) from me
>>
>>31241819

He's on vacation dude.

Are you fucking autistic
>>
>>31241819
>Because they've seen the worst aspects of humanity at a young age, lost innocence.

They didn't personally experience 90% of the shit Team Rocket did. Nobody died during the Silph Co. invasion for example.

>Because they quickly dominated a sport/compitition at a young age, little to no precedence.

Like the other guy said, this is something that could describe literally every protagonist of the series, Red and Blue just happened to have been the first.

>They each became champion of the indigo league, beating out a bunch of adults, in a competition involving coaching superanimals in combat. Like have you played these games or something how do you not understand this?

Pokemon battling isn't a fucking bloodsport. No Pokemon have died through battling in the Pokemon universe that we know of, only through illness or natural causes. Also, did you play Black/White? They fucking love it. It's not like the trainers are forcing them to do it.
>>
>have FireRed
>don't know about saving my game because I'm dumb
>run through the first portion of the game dozens of times with each starter
>one day I start it up in front of my cousin, beginning with the whole Oak speech
>"you...never saved your game?"
>learn about saving, mind blown
And for another one:
>get to Seafoam Islands
>get stuck
>get REALLY stuck
>like how do you even leave this place
>get so lost I actually start a new game
I've never gotten lost in a Pokémon game since, but ever since that day, I always get a few Escape Ropes just in case.
>brother, thinking he's being devious, starts another new game, right after my last one
>makes me a girl named HANAH and my rival is POOPY!
>doesn't actually bother me that much
>actually manage to get to the E4 this time
>lose
>lose a lot
>is this even possible?
>eventually I get fed up with losing
>solemnly swear I'll start a new game if I lose again
>I actually win
Good times.
>>
>>31242760
As a kid I got lost in Dewford Cave without flash. I got out by walking along the walls or maybe just sheer luck. I get why you always buy escape ropes now.
>>
>>31242305
Not him but this is the 4chan Pokémon board.
>>
File: safari-outfit-3501.jpg (47KB, 484x1100px) Image search: [Google]
safari-outfit-3501.jpg
47KB, 484x1100px
>>31240119
I kinda wanted to see Red wearing a safari outfit.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.