[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lets make it absolutely mandatory for all your mons to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>lets make it absolutely mandatory for all your mons to have perfect IVS to even be viable in even the earliest stages of the Battle Tree
I understand it's supposed to be end game content but this is fucking bullshit. I cant even get past 10 consecutive wins anymore because the bullshit AI and RNG keeps fucking me over.
>>
Git gud
>>
If you cant get past 10, stop using low BST/ or average spread shitmons

Rounds 50+ is where you'll notice the game intentionally sabotage you
>>
Hombrew your 3ds and use pkhex
>>
>>31233179
I've gotten to 17 so far with my fucking ingame team just trying to get BP for a megastone. get gud.
>>
How do you get the ribbons?

Do you just have to beat any of the special cameo trainers or does it need to be a 50 win streak for the better one?
>>
You have four options

>use Tapus and UBs and Salamance
>play Multi to build up BP so you can get to training
>do Battle Royale to build up BP at an excruciatingly slow pace like an idiot
>wait for that QR Team option
>>
I haven't Battle Tree'd yet, but I imagine the problem people are running into are coming at Battle Tree with Smogon movesets, but Battle Tree doesn't constain itself to Smogon's clauses.

Which is to say, Smogon doesn't prioritize Abilities like Sturdy as a counter to 1HKO moves, moves like Swift and other perfect accuracy moves to counter Double Team and Brightpowder, as they've banned things like that, because it has a potential to turn the game into the very kind of RNG hell that people are getting mad at.

Basically, if you hate Battle Tree, it hopefully gives you an appreciation for why Smogon bans the sorts of things it does. (Not anymore though they've gotten too fucking carried away with bans/unbans, but back around Gen 3-4 they had that shit tight.)
>>
>>31233179
It's not absolutely mandatory to have perfect IVs. I've gotten far in the tree (like 55) with stuff I bred myself and I don't try to get perfect IVs everywhere.
>>
>>31233222
Dude, do the Battle Royal for BP if you can't make it too far in Tree. You're guaranteed 1 BP just for entering and at Master Rank, you can earn up to 5 BP. It's way easier to get BP from Royal than Tree.
>>
>>31233259
Most battle tree movesets are close to your smogon movesets

Minus stealth rock for obvious reasons

How BS the battle tree is has nothing to do with smogon so stop reaching
>>
>>31233179
Gee i wish these games had a way to like, artificually inflate IVs as if they were perfect.
>>
>>31233231
You have to beat Red. He appears at 20 during regular and (i think) 50 during supers. You get one for each
>>
>>31233179
Just use Kartana with Life Orb. Easy as cream
>>
In the last two gens you could completely break the battle facility with Durant, because the AI has no idea how to deal with it.
>>
Get some pokemon with Safeguard, that takes care of most of the bullshit RNG.
>>
GIT
U
D
>>
>>31233323
Only Red? Then that makes two ribbons for defeating him, this one and the Legend ribbon in HGSS.
>>
>>31233301
I was speculating, bro. Chill.
>>
>>31233192
fpbp
>>
>>31233281
This, especially since winning is pure RNG, as enemies will sometimes kill eachother in your favour and such things. I completed battle royale while just idly grinding BP, while for the battle tree I actually need to think about movesets and such.
>>
>>31233398
You can also get it from Blue in certain modes. (or both of them in Multi)
>>
>>31233301
>Most battle tree movesets are close to your smogon movesets
That's not even true though, Battle Tree will carry some straight up retarded movesets that no human player would use, but these unexpected moves just so happen to perfectly counter your team so that you lose.
>>
>>31233281
Battle royal is weird, sometimes it's easy as fuck on master rank, other times its really nasty. I've just been bringing muk, dragonium z incineroar, and sash vikavolt and it's been not too bad. Funny thing is, the opponents love using dragons to face incineroar due to fire resistance, but they haven't seemed to learn about him using the Dragon z move to kill them time and time again
>>
>>31233354
Explain? What exactly does it not know how to deal with?
I like Durant.
>>
>>31233179
Just use UBs you dingus
>>
>>31233521
Truant Entrainment I guess.
>>
>>31233521
The AI doesn't switch when you Entrainment Truant onto it. Protect and Swords Dance your way to victory.
>>
>>31233179
Just do super doubles, I was able to get to battle 37 with shitty in game mons (though I did EV train them) pretty easily using ninetails sandslash gyarados and krookodile. (streak ended thanks to rotom-Wash) However after I lost I tried the basic 3v3 singles mode and failed before even getting 5 wins about 4 times before giving up.

Other tips I have for doubles:
1.Focus sash is an amazing item an will often win you a round you'd lose otherwise due to a pokemon carrying unexpected coverage.
2. Sometimes there's pokemon you can easily kill but can't do much to you, leave them alive so it's essentially 2v1 till it's their last pokemon.
3. If you see a pokemon that has a mega form focus it down even before it's revealed whether or not it's holding the mega stone.
4. Use protect to scout for moves, there's a lot of pokemon carrying surprising moves as coverage that can really fuck you.
>>
>>31233179

just wait for Proteaninja

The Battle Maison went full derp trying to figure out why the fighting, electric and grass types keep getting killed by a water dark type. I forget what my highest record was in XY but it in the triple digits.
>>
File: 1284314867083.jpg (146KB, 469x428px) Image search: [Google]
1284314867083.jpg
146KB, 469x428px
>Unlock all the super trees with just my ingame team

You just need to git gud anon.
>>
>>31233342

>anyone faster than kartana with a special fire move

Kartana's not full proof
>>
File: genies.jpg (13KB, 230x271px) Image search: [Google]
genies.jpg
13KB, 230x271px
>>31233502
This

>Emboar with only Gyroball as an attacking move
>Scarfed Aerodactyl with no moves besides Rock Slide
>that one Genie set
>Yawn, Calm Mind, Dream Eater, Protect Espeon

It's more like hundreds of people in a row with the most gimicky sets possible, hoping that one of them will do you in.
>>
>>31233613
Protect has much more uses in doubles, you can gain a free turn if the opponent focuses on the pokemon which used it or protect a pokemon that's threatened by a strong SE while it partner takes out the threat.
>>
>>31233502
That's just losing to random RNG. You can't build an absolutely perfect Battle Tree team of 3 pokemon that perfectly covers every random piece of bullshit Game Freak managed to pull out of their ass.
>>
>>31233676

>Scarfed Aerodactyl with no moves besides Rock Slide

FUCKING THIS!!!

This fucker ended at least three of my runs.
>>
>>31233214
>Facing anabel with corless scouted
>Entei fucking wrecks Corless
>Barely with with MegaZard X at 2HP
>>
Should I wait before I scout a Battle Legend, or should I do it as soon as I encounter them?
>>
>>31233760
scout megagross corless
>>
>>31233726
You can in doubles, you'll still need to play good.
>>
>>31233760
You can scout people multiple times. It jsut overwrites your old scouting of them.
>>
>>31233179
Get good. Or alternatively use UBs/Tapus/Mence if you want to be a cheap little pussy.
>>
>>31233726
That's not true, I'm sure we will have endless/near endless streaks once people figure it out. I remember last gen there was some dude who had over 2300 wins with a mega salamence, a chansey, and an aegislash by cheesing the fuck out of it.

(not to mention once pokebank gets released and we can unleash entertrainment durant)
>>
>>31233736
Ash-greninja water shuriken fucks him up
>>
>>31233726
No, it's not losing to random RNG. It's losing to a set that countered mine, but was so niche and situational that no sane human being would use it unless they knew what my team was.
>>
time to learn how to inject OP
>>
>>31233792
I've seen the AI actually switching out after stat loses, entrainment durant might not be what it used to.
>>
Battling in any battle facility is a constant war against the RNG because they give gimmick movesets to several Pokemon, yours is based around winning as many battles as you can but the AI only needs to beat you once so they often throw nasty gimmicks you have no control over. In a way it kinda shows off everything wrong with competitive Pokemon.
>>
>>31233676
i cant even count how many runs ive lost to fucking greninja, shadow claw charizard, and ice beam pelipper
>>
Is anyne else having connection error problem with quick link stuff like battle tree multi-battle?
Played to 14 streak with friend and then he got random connection problem from nowhere and now we both are getting them and cant finish one battle to see if our streak ended for good..
>>
>>31233676
OHKO moves are so dumb
>>
>>31233676
So basically Showderp is canon
>>
>>31233281
i got up to 17 and went to bed, not lost. I'm dubious about royales, i heard the AI is prone to z-move kill stealing.
>>
>>31233869
>yours is based around winning as many battles as you can but the AI only needs to beat you once
This is why we need some kind of extra life/chances system. Maybe upon losing you could pay a certain amount of BP to continue, with the amount increasing the higher your streak is or the more times you've lost and continued during that streak.
>>
>>31233179
The biggest bullshit this game pulls is making the Destiny Knot only available in exchange for 48 BP or as a rare Pickup item when it was so much easier to get one in Gen 6. I'm doing all sorts of things to prepare for the Tree, including multibattles to get BP for the EV boosting items, preparing pokemon specifically for Battle Royal to eventually speed BP gains up, and getting a Pickup Meowth to level 100 on the side.
>>
File: glaceon.jpg (27KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
glaceon.jpg
27KB, 500x512px
That's a nice team you have there, Anon. It would be pretty bad if someone moved first and froze all of them, wouldn't it...
>>
>>31234072
You're better off piggybacking Multi mode to rack up BPs. Think of a team that compliments Breeder Rada and go from there.
>>
>>31233676
I'm getting mad just looking at that Landorus on the left
>>
>>31233739
I've literally never encountered Anabel

Colress carried me through multi
>>
>>31233726
>>31233819
>losing to random Random Number Generator
>>
Every pokemon in my in game team have terrible IVs, aren't EV trained, often have unfitting natures and I had no problem getting 10+ victories with them to grind for items and mega stones.
I used:
Life-Orb Salazzle with flame thrower, dragon pulse, nasty plot and toxic
Fairium-Z Mimikyu with shadow claw, play rough, swords dance and wood hammer
Expert Belt A-Muk with gunk shot, crunch, poison gas and brick break

Right now I'm working on proper teams for the battle tree and to fight against my friends.
>>
>>31235266
>congelado
>>
>>31235280
Si.
>>
File: 1483640524710.jpg (185KB, 416x478px) Image search: [Google]
1483640524710.jpg
185KB, 416x478px
>wally just made me realize m-altaria is fucking fairy type
>wasted a dragon z move and almost lost because of it
>>
>>31233760

Just to clarify, Red and Blue are the only legends and they can't be scouted. As for special trainers which I'm assuming you're referring to, just scout if they have mons you want to partner with you. For example, if you get Colress leading with his Mega Metagross, you want to scout him.
>>
>TRUANT DURANT

WHATS THE POINT
WHAT IS THE POINT OF GIVING DURANT THIS ABILITY
WHY CAN IT EVEN HAVE IT
>>
>>31235421
>Truant
>True Ant
>Durant is an ant
>>
>>31233179

Just nab Porygon-Z and run a Z-Conversion set: your average battle tree trainer is too retarded to not realize it isn't actually normal type.
>>
>>31235441
sure lets go with that. lets just ignore that it has no use at all and makes the pokemon lazy (which ants are fucking not)
>>
>>31235478
>Hidden Abilities were first introduced as Dream World Abilities
>yfw HAs are what the Pokémon dreams of being able to do
>yfw the ant drone just wants to take a break.

It's flavorful.
>>
>>31235606
that makes way more sense than it should
>>
>>31233676
>>Scarfed Aerodactyl with no moves besides Rock Slide
Fuck this guy.
>doing Doubles
>he Rock Slides
>a-at least Alolan Ninetails can get a 100% accuracy Blizzard before dying
>Ninetails flinched!

My fault for such terrible team composition, I suppose. Need more bulky rock-resistors.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.