[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it really be saved by Shell Smash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: 784Kommo-o.png (909KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
784Kommo-o.png
909KB, 1280x1280px
Will it really be saved by Shell Smash?
>>
>>31232464
They are not giving it Shell Smash, there's a reason they changed their mind at the last minute.

They'll just give it more moves like Dragon Hammer and Close Combat.
>>
>>31232464
Bulk Up Kommo-o is already pretty good. Close Combat would be nice, though. Right now, my Kommo-o is currently a pretty dope False Swiper, so there's that too.
>>
>>31232464
It doesn't.

Fucking.

Have.

A shell.
>>
No, they would never make shell smash a move tutor move and it's not a breedable move. The one in the tree is just gamefreak doing that thing where they break their own rules like they always do.
>>
>>31232659
It's literally wearing armor you retard.
>>
>>31232659
I pictured it as him shedding all of his scale armor at once. Speaking of, why doesn't it have Marvel Scale HA?
>>
>>31232464
>>31232659
Has

no

style
>>
Yes, Shell Smash will also become available to all Pokemon that evolve from a cocoon/pupa.
>>
>>31232834
>shellsmash mega beedrill
>>
>>31232834
>Shell Smash Tyranitar

welp that's it ou's closed
>>
>>31232685
Oh, I see. So I guess Skarmory should have Shell Smash? Why not Aggron? How about Bisharp? And Escavalier? Type: Null?

I mean, a shell and literal armor are the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING, right?
>>
>>31232464
Considering pokemon in past gens all the way back to battle tower which had access to a move it couldnt learn got said move the next game in tutors yes it will definitely get shell smash. And yes it will do more than fix it. >inb4 every pokemon with 4x weakness means garbage vp can't competitive meme
>>
>>31232947
Fucking this it's already confirmed just by being in the battle tree. I can't wait for all the salty tears in the next game over this. Oh and by the way barbaracle didn't have a shell either
>>
>>31232632
>Bulk Up Kommo-o is already pretty good.
>No Recovery or Drain Punch
How?
>>
Considering Huntail gets it, I don't think they give that much of a shit about the requirements
>>
>>31232659
He's just mad at the oil company.
>>
>>31233304
Leftovers or one of the confuse causing healing berries, max both defenses, +4 attack. It's not a serious battle set, but it's a fun gimmick. Bulk Up, Stone Edge, Poison Jab, Dragon Tail.
>>
>>31232869
>literally anything used any damaging move
>>
>>31232834
>>31232919

Shell Smash Mega Mence because why not
>>
>>31232567
>And drain punch
>>
this thing is too mixed to not have shell smashed desu
>>
>>31233536
It was clearly designed to be mixed/offensively versatile. Its funny people assume it's physically oriented when it's signature move is special.
>>
>>31233611
it gets bulk up, dragon dance and swords dance. while its stats say mixed it gets better physical support.
>>
>>31232685
That's not the criteria for it, moron. Otherwise Samurott would get it.
>>
>>31232567
Well, a Kommo-o in Battle Tree has Shell Smash, I think it will receive it in a future game.
>>
>>31233684
Samurott doesn't get it because Gamefreak probably felt it would overshadow Caracosta as a Smasher in Gen 5. Thats why I fucking loathe that turtle's existence.
>>
>>31234992
That's not a hint, it's an oversight by Gamefreak. They forgot to fix the tree set after getting rid of it.

>>31233684
Can get it =/= must get it, you fucking idiot. By your logic Blastoise and Torterra must get shell smash since they have shells.
>>
>>31232930
1. Minior and Barbaracle get it and they don't have shells, they have armor.
2. There's a difference between wearing armor and being made of metal, like most of your examples.
3. Yes, Shell Smash Escavalier would be great, actually. Just because a move makes sense on a Pokemon doesn't mean they SHOULD have it you fucking retard. Dragon Dance makes plenty of sense on Garchomp, doesn't mean it should get it.
>>
>>31235114
It's an outrage Salamence in the battle tower for DP situation currently anon
>>
>>31235261
No it isn't. You are completely out of your mind if you think Shell Smash would ever be a tutor move.
>>
>>31235275
Literally what they said about outrage in gen 4.

>it's too powerful to be a tutor move
>>
>>31235292
>shell smash tutor
>escavalier, blastoise, torterra and samurott all get it
i don't even give a fuck but right this moment i find the idea hilarious.
>>
>>31235292
Shell Smash is tremendously stronger than Outrage.

Your delusions don't change facts, Kommocuck. It will not get Shell Smash. They removed it with good reason.
>>
>>31235324
>removed it

I didn't know they already removed tutors from gen 7
>>
>>31235378
They removed it from Kommo-o you twit. He was clearly designed around it judging by the stat spread, weak STAB and defensive abilities, but they rightfully changed their mind.

They were never going to give it to tutors.
>>
>>31233684
Agree that that might not the criteria, but samurott's armor is also a fucking shell in this case. If it doesn't get it is most likely because of what >>31235075 says than anything else

I think even GF has certain confusion on when shell smash is justified. Carracosta has a super sturdy shell, case in point:
>It constructed its *sturdy* shell by crunching and swallowing the hard shells or bones of its prey.
>It gets shell smash.
Blastoise is a turtle with a shell too;
Can't get shell smash.
However it doesn't seem to be that the justification is "if this turtle breaks its shell it might leave its vital organs lethally exposed", since torkoal and turtonator do get shell smash and they aren't that much different from blastoise in terms of biology. Heck blastoise could even fracture the plates covering its cannons, not its entire shell, and that already could count as shell smashing.

Huntail can get it because clamperl can get it, even if it doesn't have any visible shells, unlike gorebyss that at least has its bra.

TL;DR - I think GF gives shell smash to things when they feel like it, tbqh, and if things like pupitar don't get it is because they don't want to make tyranitar an overkill.
>>
>>31235475
Blastoise doesn't get it for balance reasons. Shell Smash mega would be obscene.

I feel Torterra should get it though.
>>
>>31235498
GF is the last company that cares about balance.
>>
>>31235592
Gamefreak if anything is aware of their game's imbalance are shit at attempting to balance it. Otherwise this Gen wouldn't be flooded with slow pokemon and the nerfs to priority abuse.
>>
>>31235592
That's not true tho. Is just that their idea of "balance" is incredibly alien.

To them, things like Regigigas, Slaking or Archeops are broken without their hindering abilities. The truth is, with neutral abilities like unnerve/pressure, gluttony, big pecks/early bird, etc., they'd do just fine.

Then they make things like primals and mega rayquaza.
>>
>>31235292
Well, there's also been other moves that have never really seen the light of day. I think Bulbapedo has a list of them. Gamefreak fucking up with enemy movesets isn't exactly new.

It's up in the air right now, I'd say. But I seriously hope it doesn't become a thing. Shell Smash is only not broken because it's on Pokemon that have inherent issues.
>>
Yeah, I love Head Smash Nosepass as well, guys! Right? Haha. Ha.
>>
>>31232869
rattata used quick attack!
>>
>>31234992
Yeah, about that...

>>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_move_errors
>>
>>31237669
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_move_errors
>>
>>31232834
>Shell Smash Lunala
>>
>>31235592
Second last company.
>>
Ok, let's assume Kommo-o currently has Shell Smash.

Now take a good look at all the other Pokémon that have Shell Smash.

Apply that to Kommo-o.

You can see just how much of a difference Shell Smash would make if Kimmo-o had it.
>>
>>31242396
>Kimmo-o
Dang it I messed up
>>
>>31235324
>Shell Smash is tremendously stronger than Outrage.
not in doubles.

VGC is all that matters. Prep your anus.
>>
Why is fighting type so garbage this gen?
>>
File: Kanye-west-laugh.gif (2MB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
Kanye-west-laugh.gif
2MB, 320x235px
>>31232834
>Shell smash tapus
>>
>>31242789

7 relevant fairies added this gen, 1 of which has an ability that encourages Psychic-use.
>>
>>31232464
It bothers me that this thing can't learn iron tail and iron head. Its tail and head are obviously for fighting.
>>
>>31235324

You act like suddenly everyone and their mother will learn it. The only ones that would learn it would be Kommo-o and a few others like Kakuna and Samurott.
>>
>>31242962
Poison Jab will be better for Fairy coverage anyway since it hits all Tapus super effectively, one of them even x4.

To answer the question, yes Shell Smash would absolutely save Kommo-O. If he gets one of the two spammable fighting moves (HJK or CC) along with it in Stars he'll easily become the best non-Mega pseudo legendary in the series. He has like the perfect stat spread to pull that set off and a STAB combination that compliments each other perfectly. I honestly struggle to name a Pokemon that could switch safely into all possible Shell Smash variants this thing could run.
>>
>>31237669

>he lists this even though the very link shows pokemon that have obtained said moves in a future game.

such as rock slide aerodactyl, shadow ball muk, and dig hippowdon,
>>
>>31232567
>there's a reason they changed their mind at the last minute
yeah to bait tourneyfags into buying Stars
>>
>>31243179
the only ones that haven't are twofold irrelevant moves on irrelevant pokemon. Sludge roselia for example.
>>
>>31233445
>What is Clamperl?
>>
>>31237669
kek I remember that Earthquake Lanturn
>>
File: 1467145868485.png (83KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1467145868485.png
83KB, 249x249px
Someone should ask Masuda or whoever at an interview about it. Maybe Kommo-o will legally have Shell Smash in Stars.
Fuck it, I know they won't...
>>
File: bone.jpg (28KB, 398x315px) Image search: [Google]
bone.jpg
28KB, 398x315px
Kommo-o @ White Herb
Naive nature
252 SpAtk / 252 Speed

Shell Smash
Aura Sphere
Clanging Scales
Poison Jab
>>
>>31235190
>There's a difference between wearing armor and being made of metal, like most of your examples.
Wtf are you even saying? Their whole body is made out of metals.
>>
>>31235190
>3. Yes, Shell Smash Escavalier would be great, actually. Just because a move makes sense on a Pokemon doesn't mean they SHOULD have it you fucking retard. Dragon Dance makes plenty of sense on Garchomp, doesn't mean it should get it.
Then Kommo-o doesn't need Shell Smash either.
>>
File: 1478383309783.png (53KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
1478383309783.png
53KB, 200x199px
>>31232707
>Wanting more dragon types to steal Milotic's sig ability
Stop this meme
>>
>>31243716
>white herb
useless shit
Life Orb or bust, especially for a mixed set
>>
>>31235427
Is there are reason why you don't want Kommo-o to imrpove?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.