[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>They did it again Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170105_173850.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170105_173850.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>They did it again

Why?
>>
>>31231478
You know what anon, I've been wondering myself as well. What about the golf course.
>>
>>31231478
Because there's nothing to do in a power plant
>>
>>31231478
Did what?
>>
>>31231478
Because little kids dont need to be in power plants
>>
>>31231502
Even if that happens, it's nice to have another area to explore. Think of the Ironworks in Sinnoh or all the secondary sea routes in Hoenn.
>>
>>31231502

Then why did they include one in gens 1 and 4?
>>
>>31231478
The key is under the truck
>>
File: c5c2e1ab0efcbd5f6335319c38f211b8.png (212KB, 1040x610px) Image search: [Google]
c5c2e1ab0efcbd5f6335319c38f211b8.png
212KB, 1040x610px
>>31231530
Remember what we got in gen 5?
>>
>>31231478

You can rarely see a Porygon-Z flying around in the picture spot.

Yet you can't find one to catch.
>>
>>31231547
Please dont fucking lie like that
>>
>>31231478
The building in the background reminds me a lot of the towers/stadium you battle in at the end of Pokemon Colosseum.
>>
>>31231545
Gen 1 was long abandoned, upon going into proper use in Gen 2 it became a load of nothing. Gen 3's long abandoned again, and he worst part of the remake was the gutting of it especially when they gave it a lovely redesign visually complete with unique battle background. Gen 4's was the same shit as Gen 6's, only relevant due to invasion, though they in their pursuit of "beauty" made it far more grandiose on the outside.

Gen 7's is back to Gen 2 level shit except you get a lovely low-res texture of the outside of a big Kalos-esque plant in the distance.
>>
>>31231478
Because those power plants aren't abandoned. The only reason it was interesting in Gens I and III was because it was overtaken by the wild and Zapdos. If you could explore these functioning power plants, it would be like in Gens II and IV where there's absolutely nothing interesting going on and a fat guy might give you an Electric-type TM after a fetch quest.
>>
>>31231478

They didn't do anything, going to 3D means they have to actually put detail into the background and can't just copy-paste trees anymore.
>>
>>31231810
>what is hoenn
>>
>>31231545
Don't forget new mauville in RSE
>>
>>31231815
Gen III copy-pasted trees all the fucking time. I was actually disgusted how empty ORAS was because they de-forested Hoenn and replaced it with nothing.
>>
>>31231810
too bad they forgot to put details into the actual areas
>>
>>31231902
Aloha in itself is an empty Region, with the only interesting parts being the Trial areas, which are left vacant after completed.
>>
>you remember the debate over the Kalos power plant
>>
>>31231478
>SM fags will defnd this
>>
>>31232026
''defend''
i mistyped
>>
>>31231530
Then don't fucking include it in the game.
Man I wish Pokemon games were still about exploration. :(
>>
>>31231815
A lazy remake that even then did add a few little details, like the shot from the Game Freak logo on Route 103 and or the Eternal Flowers at Sootopolis.
>>
>>31232129
It's called decoration and background scenery.

I don't see people getting "TRIGGERED" because they can't travel the ocean they clearly see going on and on in the SM.
>>
>>31232249
People have been though. I think it's silly, was in XY too, nothing wrong with things in the distance you can't explore just meant for flavor, the issue is the lack of things in the area you do get to explore, and they can't just flip a switch to make those things in the distance explorable.
>>
They saw how successful and popular it was in Kalos, so they decided to replicate it here.
>>
>let to a 11 years old child enter in a power plant
>>
>>31232325
Quite possible, the PP in Kalos got people speculating like hell, repeating ghosts got people to also, so maybe repeating a PP will.

Though for the most part UB and multiverse bullshit is the speculation bait here.
>>
>>31232302
The Power Plant in XY as clearly cut content, and like the games, was a shit move from Game Freak.
Sun and Moon I'll give a pass since there's nothing there to really make you believe you can go into the Plant or be involved yourself.

If you understand games and their limitations, then seeing a gated off road with a power plant in the background is cutesy.
If you don't understand games and their limits and still believe that "If it's in the game then I should be able to go there!", then you're stupid.
>>
>inb4 Wait for Stars.
>>
A power plant is just a power plant
>>
>>31231478
>Tfw I was convinced that you could enter the powerplant since I couldn't find where alolan geodude is

>apparently he's in the grass right outside and I just have shit luck and didn't find one in ~20 encounters
>>
>>31232889
>spend ages to get it
>end up getting the golem from the ingame trade anyway
>>
In Gen 8 you'll be able to finally access the two power plants, where-in you'll find single rooms containing hold items
>>
I'm still puzzled why Charjabug and Nosepass don't evolve here, and how Poni Valley is supposedly full of electric energy or whatever
>>
Because children shouldn't be near electrical equipment.
>>
>>31233582
>Gamefreak dev 2016: "Because catching a magneton here and immediately evolving it would be too easy, let's put the evolution site later even though it makes no sense to evolve it there"

>Gamefreak dev 2008: Hey let's make it to where you cam catch a nosepass here and level it up once to immediately evolve it.

Which was better?
>>
>>31235043
2008, they live there because of the magnetic fields
2016, they don't live near the magnet field because ???
>>
>>31231478
Kids playing in and around power plants in Japan is a pretty common problem. A few deaths every year happen.

They do it on purpose to teach them to not go inside.
>>
>>31231642
not to mention the sewers in bw2
>>
File: 1483502946509.jpg (36KB, 480x741px) Image search: [Google]
1483502946509.jpg
36KB, 480x741px
>>31235200
>mfw similarly, the reason we don't ever get a Dolphin Pokemon is so that the Eastern Sheeple don't suddenly question the moral ethics of killing and eating dolphins, and GameFreak is probably getting paid extra by the government to never add one
>>
>>31231478
Because the game was rushed and they didnt want to put effort into the game. Gamefreak just lacks what used to make them good, yet people still throw money at them. Hmm... I wonder if thats why they are lazy...
>>
>>31231666
Satan confirm
>>
>>31231478
Patch will open Powerplant and spawn buildings in the UNDER CONSTRUCTION sites at the towns.
>>
>>31231486
Using walk through walls, it's most definitely a scrapped area, going into it it loads in the same way going through an area that requires a door to access, no door is found though.
>>
>>31235200
Well, you actually go inside the power plant in XY, so...
>>
>>31231486
What golf course? maybe I'm stupid, but I haven't found it yet.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.