[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Cringey Things You Do While Playing Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0527.png (294KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.png
294KB, 640x429px
>Give personalities to all the Pokémon I catch
>Even the boxed ones
>Give them relationships
>>
I only catch females.
>>
>>31229054
I had no emotional attachment to my team what so ever since X
>>
File: 911.jpg (15KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
15KB, 314x320px
I try to imitate the nuzlocke comic, giving them individual personalities and the occasional dialogue, otherwise just the usual anime shit

When one of my mons peforms extremely well (dodging status, sweeping entire teams, surviving powerful attacks) i kiss the palm of my hand and "send them the kiss" by touching the screen, either that or a thumbs up

I unironically do the Pacha "when the (x) just right" while playing when a battle goes really well for me

I give the game the middle finger everytime RNG starts to fuck me in the ass

The genders in my team need to be properly balanced, that includes genderless pokemon too, i need to have at least one female on my team

I often talk to myself like if i was presenting the game to a friend (or playing along, i dunno), i once paused the game and opened a page in my browser for no reason other than this and just talked with myself for a solid minute until i realized what i was doing and awkwardly resumed my game
>>
File: Chef-Ramsay-Horrified_400x400.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Chef-Ramsay-Horrified_400x400.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>31229230
brother you need assistance
>>
>>31229134
i only catch males
>>
>>31229342
same for imaginary homo

trying to get a male Oricorio was annoying
>>
>>31229054

I shipped my Gardevoir and my Gallade and pretended they were married and I gave them a baby Ralts and a daughter Kirlia.
>>
I love creating a story and self inserting somehow. I'll spend 5 minutes on one dialogue or just standing there playing the story out in my head.

I give my pokemon personalities often based on their nature, but usually not the characteristic inb4 proud of its power

I make in game romances

I can get attached to my pokemon really easily. This one shiny sylveon was the first shiny I ever hatched and have used it in game ever since even though it's level 100, I just don't use it but I have to have it on my team. Of course, since I was unable to transfer yet due to the bank delay I had to name my character something else because I couldn't play as me without that sylveon.

I don't show my autism physically though, other than taking a long time to play.
>>
>>31229054
After seeing a balltism thread I have it myself now
>>
>>31229054
Currently restarting the game with each starter, not allowed to use pokemon I used on the previous run and will restart one last time to make the 'perfect' team.
>>
>>31229230
This is all pretty normal stuff. Minus kissing the screen. I just give a big thumbs up and go "noice *nickname here*"
>>
>>31229572
>Minus kissing the screen
i don't kiss THE screen, its more of a "sending kisses" kinda of thing
>>
>3/3 or 4/2 gender ratio required

>Starter always has to be male, same goes for certain Pokemon (something like Kommo-o would have to be male, but something like Milotic wouldnt matter)
>>
>>31229134
On my Moon playthrough, unintentionally ended up with 5 females.
>>
>>31229572
talking to your digital data constructs belies a lack of social associations
>>
>>31229635
When the AI uprising occurs I'll be the one living buddy.
>>
I give personalities to the protags
>>
I always have a starter on my team, even if I don't like them.
>>
>>31229468
Did their daughter turn out to be a slut?
>>
>>31229342
Same tbqh
>>
>>31229690
This. Gen 7 was the first time I seriously considered boxing my starter. But in the end, me and Decidueye worked out okay. Never wow'd me, but didn't eat shit either.
>>
>>31229134
I did this in gen 2 because Whitney's miltank made me so afraid of attract
>>
Some dumb stuff I've done playing Sun:

After I finished Lana's trial, I went and fought her at her house, but then reset because I'm under the impression she just disappears from the game world permanently after that (correct me if I'm wrong) and I didn't like not being able to see her.

Got way too attached to Lillie in general. Tried not to pick any dumb dialogue options in front of her. Kept Solgaleo in my party despite not using legendaries as a general rule just because she wanted me to. Cried when she left in the end.
>>
>>31230802
Solgaleo isn't a legendary. It's part of an evolution chain.
>>
>>31229230
>When one of my mons peforms extremely well (dodging status, sweeping entire teams, surviving powerful attacks) i kiss the palm of my hand and "send them the kiss" by touching the screen
Holy shit
>>
Currenly replaying every single game, using pokemon I never or rarely used before. Also, can't use a pokemon twice, and can only use pokemon introduced in that gen. Doing yellow now, finished blue and red. Also trying to complete every dex as much as possible, which I'll probably give up on when I hit gen 3 or 4.
>>
>>31230945
>every game
Damn, I was going to do one of every pair/trio when I was up with SM.

And do you mean the regional dex or the national dex?
>>
>>31230945
>trying to catch 'em all
>In 2017
A fool's journey
>>
>>31230852
Is that how it works? The game repeatedly calls it a legendary pokemon.
>>
>>31231010

No it's legendary, don't fall for that autism
>>
>>31230852
What is Manaphy?
>>
>>31231028
Does Phione evolve into Manaphy?
>>
>>31231043
No. It's the greatest meme of our time.
>>
>>31231043
>legendary
>can breed
>>
>>31229054
>I imagine my Pokemon interacting

>Need 2 females 4 or 3 males sometimes one genderless
>>
Refusing to play female pokemon unless theyre All female
>>
>>31230998
MODS
>>
>>31230979
National until I get bored, regional after that.
>>
File: 1480052008823.jpg (160KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1480052008823.jpg
160KB, 1000x1415px
I visit Acerola many times a day, everyday
>>
File: 1479066739965.png (60KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1479066739965.png
60KB, 500x321px
>>31229230
>I often talk to myself like if i was presenting the game to a friend (or playing along, i dunno), i once paused the game and opened a page in my browser for no reason other than this and just talked with myself for a solid minute until i realized what i was doing and awkwardly resumed my game
I do this too with literally any game
>>
File: IMG_1367.jpg (39KB, 273x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1367.jpg
39KB, 273x525px
>>31229757
DONT
>>
If I win a tense battle I'll do a little fist pump and "yes!"
Whenever I one-shot a shit-talking trainer's pokemon I flick the Vs at the screen
If I need to box one of my main party pokemon for a while I'll avoid boxing Mimikyu because it needs the most love
>>
>>31232696
>I'll do a little fist pump and "yes!
I'll do that when I catch a legendary/shiny
>>
>>31231010
It's a legendary. Game canon overrides people who refuse to accept an evolving legendary
>>
>>31230945
Gen III is the hardest, most tedious bullcrap when it comes to a living dex
>>
>>31229054
I have gendertism
if a certain pokemon isn't a certain gender i can't use it
also I like to feel up gardevoir in XY even though it's love is maxed out
I play David Bowie music really loud when hatching eggs
>>
>>31229054
I do this. I also play this while in a battle with meaning ie gym or trial, elite 4 or champion. Done so for 5 games.

https://youtu.be/vyGFM5CGnoo
>>
>>31229054
During gen IV I made a family tree for the Pokemon I bred. The Glameow (for some reason I wanted to breed that) tree was six generations big.

During gen V I hatched Eggs in the place where you could catch the hatchling in the wild/what I thought would be the place for them if they were catchable in the wild.

My Pokemon need to be the gender I think they look like the most. For example, Bewear looks more masculine to me so it needs to be male.

Everything in regular Pokeballs, even legendaries.

Except version exclusive legendaries and event legendaries, every Pokemon I use or use for dex completion must have my OT. When I receive one I don't have by trade, I don't count it as 'I have it' unless I obtain one of my own.
>>
If Unown is in the game, I have to catch all 28 forms, I do it for luck, specifically shiny luck, my first shiny at full odds was an Unown I found while collecting all of them so I could get the letter seals in Platinum. It's like a more autistic version of pressing A when you throw a Pokeball.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.