[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can it compete with other trios?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Aura.jpg (11KB, 234x254px) Image search: [Google]
Aura.jpg
11KB, 234x254px
Can it compete with other trios?
>>
Honestly I think of the 5 Trios XY's have the best overall design. Then SM, then RS, and I don't know if I wanna put 5 over 4 or 4 over 5.

That being said the duo of Lugia and Ho-oh are also pretty great designwise.
>>
>X is life
>Y is death
>Zygarde is hurr durr snakes lmao
>>
>>31222355
this

XY legends are shitter
>>
Lore wise it's top 3 for me, competitively they're easily the best desu. Xerneas and it's Geomancy Power Herb abuse, and Perfect Zygarde being an absolute madman with the power to hit just about anything with Thousand Arrows and fuck with Primaldon the essential King of Ubers. Yveltal just kind of eh hits hard that's it, those Dark Aura, STAB Dark Pulses are fun though.
>>
>>31222152
I like their designs collectively more than every other gens' box legends (and box starters).

>>31222355
Zygarde is order.
>>
No. They're stupid. Especially NoGames. Only trio lamer than them are the Gen1 Birds and that's only because the birds have no in game lore and they're just "there"
>>
>>31222152
gen 3 best trio
>>
>>31222152
I still don't really know what Zygarde does or how he is important to Xerneas and Yveltal.
>>
>>31222410
Same as every other trio master, slap the shit off anyone getting upitty
>>
>>31222410
He guards the order between them, both have their jobs to govern life and death but if humans get in the way and stop them from doing their duty he steps in if he absolutely has to. As shown in the anime.
>>
>>31222433
When did Sneklord ever do anything? All he does is sit in his cave and is only mentioned by one random NPC

Noncanon sources need not apply (Anime)
>>
>>31222152
Cool designs, wasted lore, pretty fun to use competitively
>>
>>31222433
See when Rayquaza was trio master it made sense
Zygarde cant hit xerneas with its dragon stab and cant hit yvetal with its ground stab. Its literally shit vs both of them and it knows it.
>>
>>31222355
>>31222397
zygarde is balance between life and death, hence why it monitors the ecosystem
>>
>>31222535
>Monitors ecosystem by hiding in its cave because it's afraid of both fairy and flying not being effected by it

Some trio "master"
>>
>>31222382
>easily the best competitively
>when primals and anything goes fug exist
>>
>>31222152
>>31222248
This is my order too.

Big post incoming.

I used to love Reshiram and Zekrom but while they had more potential. The designs were a bit off in some areas, and Kyurem to me just looks like a cancer patient attached to various life support. Amazing idea and potential, meh result. Have some kind of kangaroo dragon, then a flappy rubber dragon and last a cancer patient dragon.

Lugia and Ho-Oh actually felt more like pokemon and more like some kind of beast of worship. Actually felt very traditional and cultural based. I don't know if the beasts count, but even those felt very traditional and were well designed to feel that way. They come out short in terms of overall aesthetics because of this reason though.

XY's feel very inserted, but design wise they are top tier. They don't really feel like they have much lore or cultural connection. Story wise they're probably the worst.

SM's are like XY's but with a bit more lore to them, but because of their lore it breaks that immersive feel that GSC gave with lugia and ho-oh.

I have always hated RSE's trio, I thought they were fugly. But they really felt wild and powerful, I like the idea that these giant fucking titans are sleeping deep in the ocean and Rayquaza did the tower thing first before Arceus. ORAS fixed their designs for me, but they're not really my thing still which is personal.

RBY's were sort of shit in reality. Mew/Mewtwo, while at one point were "zomg best evarr", they are both not very creative. Amazing for their time, cool story, but only become more basic as time progresses. The megas did not really help mewtwo at all. The birds are still to this day... Fucking stupid looking. Sorry they're awful, always have been, always will be.

Lastly, the DPPt trio/quad were waaay before their time. Like actually gen 4 needed to be gen 7. They could have been much more "epic" than this, it could have even been the best game with the lore.

Competitively yes, they compete very well.
>>
>>31222559
Monitors the ecosystem by spreading its sperms all over the country. The snake on the cave is literally half of the actual thing.
>>
>>31222757
>cancer patient dragon
that's what it's supposed to look like, sickly and incomplete and sad. I love base for kyurem.
>>
Life, death and balance are cool. I wish they could have an actuall story in-games.
>>
>>31222152
Conceptually? Yeah. But based on how they're executed? Fuck no. Easily the worst trio based on execution.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.