[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Spot Doubles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: oranguru.png (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
oranguru.png
182KB, 500x500px
So yesterday i beat Super Singles, and am looking for a team to help me get to 50 in Super Doubles. However, i don't know much about what's good, so if anyone could give me recommendations, it would be fantastic.

I was thinking of doing a Trick Room team, with the following mons

Oranguru (not sure what item to give it)
Calm Nature
Maxed HP/Def
- Instruct
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Protect

A-Marowak@Thick Club
Adamant Nature
252 HP/Attack
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Shadow Bone
-Flare Blitz

Araquanid@Choice Band
-Liquidation
-Leech Life
-Lunge
-Sleep Talk

However, I'm not sure what to put in the final slot. Would i want another Trick Room attacker, or something faster in case it runs out? Anyway, advice would be great. Thank you!
>>
Trick room team will get you to like wave 5 in super doubles before the AI realizes it can easily kill or flinch your oranguru before TR gets set up then sweep your team

For battle tree you want a full sweeper team. One physical, one special to lead with great coverage.
>>
>>31221671

A second trick room setter would help. Personally I used Mimikyu but your mileage may vary.

You won't really have opportunities to use Swords Dance. Replace it with Protect.
You might be tempted to use Telepathy with EQ, but Inner Focus + Mental Herb/Lum Berry will make setting much easier and deal with flinchhax.

My team was Oranguru/Drampa/A-Marowak/Mimikyu.
>>
>>31221705
>the AI realizes
Epic meme.

The AI is not radiant. It doesn't read your inputs or counterpick you. Oranguru is nowhere near easy to kill and it has Inner Focus.
>>
>>31221705
>flinch your oranguru
Don't listen to this retard, he doesn't knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>31221705
t. shitter
I'm trying out TR for super doubles and am at 40 at the moment. All the AI will do is lead with something that resists my other Pokemon and that's it. Also
>flinch your Oranguru
If you're not using Inner Focus @ Mental Herb you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>31221758
>>31221735
Wait, so the consensus is no Telepathy? All right then.

Maybe Exeggutor as the second TR setter?

Also, it certainly feels like the AI counterpicks, at least to an extent.
>>
>>31221800
Telepathy isn't really worth it because in doubles battle moves that hit multiple targets were nerfed to where it does damage divided by the number of opponents it hits so you shouldn't really be relying on moves like EQ, Discharge, etc as much as you could in previous gens
>>
>>31221800
Eggman is good. Hits like a truck too, and Frisk is helpful especially if you're using a guide to check sets.

AI doesn't counterpick, GF is just better at builds than people realize.
>>
>>31221819
>battle moves that hit multiple targets were nerfed to where it does damage divided by the number of opponents it hits

I'm pretty sure it's just reduced by 25% if it hits multiple targets. Not divided, just hits both for 75%.
>>
>>31221671
OP I can give you a copy of my VGC TR team that I beat Super Doubles with if you tell me what you used in singles.The 3v3 format is weird to me and I just want my stamp.
>>
Drampa, Contrary Lurantis, Vikavolt, Crabominable, Torkoal, Mudsdale, and Wishiwashi are all solid picks for TR attackers. A-Exeggutor is also good if you want another TR setter.
>>
>>31221800
>Maybe Exeggutor as the second TR setter?

You don't want another thing weak to bug and dark. The Tree will have a field day with this
>>
>>31221855
Should i be going for Frisk on Exeggutor if i'm not using a guide? Is Harvest worth it at all? (i got a breedject Exeggcute with Harvest off WT, so i don't need to hunt)

I'm guessing it would be best to have Quiet nature, with maxed SpAtk and HP.
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
>>
>>31221982
Frisk is better anyway. Knowing items is super helpful. You want as much consistency as possible in tree.
>>
>>31221958
Sure thing- will write it up now
>>
>>31221976
marowak takes a royal shit on bugs

>weak to dark
anon
>>
>>31221958
Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Nature: Timid
Ability: Adaptability
Max Special Attack/Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Conversion

Salamence@Salamencite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Max Atk/Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge

Cloyster@Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Skill Link
Max Atk/Speed
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Shell Smash

In nearly all of my battles, Porygon-Z was sweeping at least 2 of the enemy team's mons. Really, the only thing that i would have to switch out on was Excadrill leads, but in that case i would simply switch to Salamence, avoiding the incoming Earthquake, set up a Dragon Dance, and proceed to sweep.
>>
>>31222086
My FC is 0233 2621 4690 I'll trade over the team.
>>
>>31222131
mine is 3368-3238-5830
>>
When are Nintendo going to let us use QR teams? Like why the fuck even have that feature available if there's no way to use it. What are they waiting for?
>>
>>31222180
Same reason we don't have bank, i guess. Incompetence.
>>
>>31222175
My bad I forgot about my stupid nicknames,hope you don't mind.
>>
>>31222261
Nah, it's all good. Gives them character.
>>
>>31222286
It's basicly EQ and Eruption + Instruct spam.You can also go for Leaf Storm spam with Torkoal in the back for boosted Weather Balls.
>>
>>31222328
Thanks so much- this makes things a hell of a lot easier
>>
>>31222360
No problem.You can switch up the leads quite a bit.Oranguru+Torkoal,Oranguru+Lurantis,and Oranguru+ Krook are all safe bets.Grassy Terrain and Leaf Storm spam is good too.
>>
>>31222418
Is there a reason that Krookodile is Timid and not Jolly?
>>
>>31222463
Oh that was a bad edit on my part.I've been using this thing on battle spot and have never noticed.

Opps
>>
>>31222504
No worries- i can just breed up a Krook of my own. Thanks again
>>
>>31222540
Yeah you can pretty much throw in any scarf user in that slot because sometimes TR doesn't cut it and you need something to clean up.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.