[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you like to see in a Diamond and Pearl remake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: dialga and palkia.jpg (86KB, 564x780px) Image search: [Google]
dialga and palkia.jpg
86KB, 564x780px
What would you like to see in a Diamond and Pearl remake?
>>
Them not to remove ride-pokemon
Bring back dexnav
>>
>>31220880
My waifu Dawn made great again
>>
making the underground online would be cool

but if it's gen 7 they'll ruin it like they did with festival plaza
>>
Platinum
No HMs please
this guy is a fag>>31220892
>>
>>31220909
My husbando Cyrus in 3D.
>>
>>31220880
All I want is for it to not be slow as balls like it was. That's at least half the reason the games were my least enjoyable gen.
>>
>>31220892
>>31220922
fuck misread haha
>>
I want it to be a Platinum remake and bring back lots of quality of life features.

But I KNOW it'll be a Diamond/Pearl remake and will be a watered down game whose only purpose is to give new forms to Pokemon, maybe introduce new Z-Moves, and give Move Tutors to Gen VII Pokemon at the Battle Tower (a reskinned Battle Tree). After all the Frontier would only exist in a Platinum remake.
>>
>>31220880
protagonist redesigns, no HMs, and palkia and dialga getting time and space based abilities.
>>
>>31220923
We have similar interests anon, hopefully they won't dissapoint
>>
I want to fuck Marley.
>>
>>31220979
I don't get why they suddenly did this. They added Crystal shit in HG/SS but then in OR/AS they went "BATTLE FRONTIER IS EMERALD LEL"
>>
>>31220880
Gee, not sure, I wasn't actually all that fond of it, even back then I felt the story was a rethread, and the atmosphere wasn't as nice as Gen3. I liked Dive a lot so I was mad to see that gone.

I guess I just overall don't feel any reason to look forward to a remake of them, they would have to sell me on it by it's own merits, if they incorporate a lot of the improvements from later gens, it could be nice.
>>
Bring back poke-gear, add the PSS and DexNav to it.

Pokekino.
>>
No HMs, Platinum's plot/improvements, Dawn canonically confirmed for best girl

If at least two of these things aren't met, they'd probably be the first Pokemon games I never legally buy. Sinnoh's a slog.
>>
>>31220989
I would like it if they would let me dress my character this time, I was disappointed over that feature being missing in ORAS.
>>
>>31221040
I do remember Sinnoh feeling really slow.
>>
>>31220880
yes but only on a better gaming console
>>
>>31220880
I'd like to not see a DP remake because DP are shit and we all know that Gamefreak will never do a Platinum remake.
>>
No HMs.

Would like gym leaders getting involved with the story but I imagine that's too much for a remake.
>>
>Frontier obviously even though I've given up on it ever returning.
>Super HD Cynthia model.
>Bigger focus on legendaries doing their fucking job. Rayquaza being the only one to do it annoys me although I'm pleased with Giratina stopping Cyrus in Platinum.
>Online underground with secret bases of friends sticking around.
>Dex nav.
>Ball switching.
>Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus events built into the base game.
>Dex nav.
>>
>>31221011

IIRC, GF said Hg/Ss were the games they always wanted to make when making gen 2 and they were directed by based Morimoto where as the gen 3 remakes were shat out in a year so GF could move onto 7th gen.
>>
>>31221292
Oh, this really makes sense. Hoennbabies DEMANDED le epic Hoenn Confirmed remakes and this is the shit we got. Figures. I really hope that they don't do DiaPer remakes for the same reason but the Hoennfags have started this train of shitty remakes and we won't be able to stop it.
>>
>>31221170
Agreed. The new samsung note or that new nintendo coming out
>>
>>31221292
>Hg/Ss
The pinnacle of Pokémon.
>>
>>31221011
Several reasons actually:
>XY brought along with it a shitty developmental thought process, ie no extra facilities because kids won't play them so why bother making more content
>ORAS was supposedly told to be a thing rather than GF actually wanting to do it
>1 year developmental cycle rather 2-3
It was pretty much a storm of shitty decisions. ORAS could've been a lot better.
>>
>>31221337
I wouldn't mind a reinterpretation of Gen 1, if it maybe included the Seevi Islands.
And maybe Johto if I'm allowed to dream
>>
Unovan and Kalosian Pokemon with Mega or Sinnoh form
>>
I want to see them not exist.

There's no point of remakes when Platinum exists.
>>
>>31221409
I'd like to see a return to future Johto and Kanto in Gen 8, but I'm also terrified about how GF could butcher an updated representation.

Probably my favourite theme from SM though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3gWdVKAfA
>>
I want them to be Diamond/Platinum and Pearl/Platinum.
Have the improvements of Platinum - including and especially adding the crossgen evo lines and more fire types than just the damn horse - but have Galactic still going after Dialga for Diamond and Palkia in Pearl. But they stay together and attempt to go after the other afterwards in a postgame episode thing, only for Giratina Bullshit to happen.
Then on top of that, more postgame episodes for the other 4th gen mythicals, culminating in Arceus
>>
>>31221453

That has to be ripped right out of Okami.
>>
>>31221716
It's why I love it.
What was the last good wolf Pokémon introduced?
>>
>>31220880
have it be a Platinum remake instead
Dex nav
ride pokemon that are your own mons
new mega evolutions
Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus have their own post game episodes in to the base game.
challenge mode
>>
MEGA/PRIMAL ARCEUS
Mewtwo, Groudon, Kyogre, and Fug now have higher BSTs than God. This must be remedied.
>>
Auto trick room Dialga and auto gravity Palkia. Giratina and/or Arceus can have a new mega fug-tier form or whatever.
Calling it now.
>>
More Megas especially for muh starters.

More world-building and lore.

Arceus getting a buff and new forms or something.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus being related to Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space.

Character customization and redesign of the main characters.
>>
Platinum's content for fucking starters
>>
For instance, the true form of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

And amazing post Game that includes the respective legend box.
Darkrai, Arceus and Shaymin Event IN THE GAME. The pokewatch that acts similar to DexNav. If they don't include cc then at least let them wear a coat for the snowy área.
Megas ffs. I wanna see Mega Empoleon :'D it will actually make more sense since Dialga/Palkia could have done something with the world and now a new energy makes megas. Ball switch. The Battle Facilities from Platinum.
>>
>>31220880
Expanded lore, maybe do what they did to Deoxys to Darkrai or something.
Alternate formes
More Megas
Replace the Rotom Dex with an advanced Poketch
Nicer clothes
Expanded Pokedex, especially the regional dex
New areas
>>
File: Master Race.png (498KB, 1326x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Master Race.png
498KB, 1326x2000px
>>31220880
This on the box
>>
>>31222063
Becomes typeless. New ability -
Eternal Judge - Arceus's Judgement hits multiple times, with lower power
Each hit is at 40 power, and it hits once for each type
>>
File: 1483471994176.jpg (28KB, 421x446px) Image search: [Google]
1483471994176.jpg
28KB, 421x446px
>>31221250
>tfw just remembered fucking seals on balls in gen 4
why the fuck did they never bring these back? a-at least we got one of each apricorn ball...
>>
>>31223944
Because A) Game Freak can't program efficiently for shit and B) People were spelling out "fuck" with the Unown seals
>>
File: FUG.png (51KB, 250x214px) Image search: [Google]
FUG.png
51KB, 250x214px
>>
>>31223990
how to fix problem
>remove letter/number seals
problem is solved
>>
A Battle Frontier

Minus Arcade/Castle/Factory/Stage because thats the way it is with nu-GAMEFREAK
>>
Underground
Bike
Underground
However was the place with battle facilities called
Underground
Primal Dialga
Underground
more megas
>>
>Battle Frontier
>rideable pokemon
>pokemon that follow you
>dex expanded to included more pokemon from other gens and more type variety
>more Megas
>Super Training
>keep Refresh/Amie
>player customization
>expanded story
>return of hordes
>no SOS
>>
File: Mars_DPPt.png (252KB, 520x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Mars_DPPt.png
252KB, 520x1008px
Her.
>>
>>31223902
honestly make it 10 per hit and that could be a thing
>>
>>31220880
For Cyrus to get the victory he deserves
>>
>>31220892
>Them not to remove ride-pokemon
>Bring back dexnav
No, these are features exclusive to other regions. Dexnav is a feature of the pokenav, which is accessible to trainers in Hoenn, while Pokerides are part of Alolan culture. Other regions are more modernised and use HMs
>>
>>31221171
>>31221028
>>31221963
>I'd like to not see a DP remake
Who cares about your opinion then?
>>
Just be faster for fucks sake
>>
Sinnohan forms for Unovan and Kalosian Pokemon.
>>
File: shindieru.png (501KB, 734x788px) Image search: [Google]
shindieru.png
501KB, 734x788px
M E G A
I
L
O
T
I
C
>>
>>31224073
>Player customization
I highly doubt that'll happen seeing how ORAS went, but a man can dream.
>>
>>31226796
>sinnoh forms of kanto mons
is more likely :^)
>>
File: 1482725538322.png (187KB, 414x411px) Image search: [Google]
1482725538322.png
187KB, 414x411px
Dialga gets a new move
It erases time
>>
>>31226836
>Dialga gets a new move
>it accelerates time so fast the universe resets and you get to change one aspect of the battle, whether it be knocking out a pokemon, increasing a move's damage, giving your pokemon a move that isn't in its moveset, etc.
>>
>>31225561
>he wants hms back
>>
File: motherfucking jojo references.jpg (128KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
motherfucking jojo references.jpg
128KB, 900x675px
>>31227006
>>
>>31221083
But that was mainly due to slow animations as the first Pokemon game on the DS
>>
>>31225576
Platinum was better than DP just like Emerald was better than RS, ORAS improved on RS, but missed out on the Battle Frontier and the Delta episode didn't feel like it was enough to capture what made Emerald better than RS. Why would you want to butcher Platinum by making Giratina and the Distortion World a truncated Delta episode?
>>
>>31220880
Rotom Pokétch.
>>
>>31220923
Cyrus is only for ME!
>>
I always felt like the whole time and space aspect of the legendaries was under-played so I'd like to see it be used more in form of cameos like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are fucking up the whole world and these guy open some kind of portals and we get to see trainers from other timelimes, Adult Erika, Young Agatha, Older Claire, Steven etc. without the Red and Blue cocksucking.
>>
I would actually like them to bring back hms. Without them the games feel empty and easy. Sinnoh needs them. If they don't have HMs then they need a fuck load more ride pokemon- or the ability to use your own
>>
>>31220880
>Engine Optimization
>Fast battles
>Platinum over D/P
>Obtainable D/P Costumes.
>Make Arceus fucking relevant already
>More development on The Dual Universes plot.
>New Mega Evolutions
>>
Honestly, I think sequels are more likely for Sinnoh than remakes. DPP are all still payable on the 3DS but that's not my biggest reason.

GF has gotten so anal about the alternate universes thing and refuse to recon anything. If new Sinnoh games introduced new Megas and /or Z Crystals (which I'm sure it will), it'd contradict the ones you can find in Gen 6 and Gen 7. ORAS's Megas are stated to be the only ones in existence so if there was suddenly Infernite and Dialgium Z in DP remakes that WEREN'T in Alola (SM takes place after DP chronologically), it would mess up the whole lore.

Also, Cynthia would surely need redesigned. They wouldn't keep the champion in her old clothes from the first games she appeared in. Redesigning her and then showing her in Alola in the future in original clothes doesn't make too much sense.

So, I'm hoping we get DP sequels set after SM. Sinnoh Form Pokemon have began developing. New mega stones and z crystals have been created/discovered in the underground. Ultra Beasts fuck with Dialga and Palkia. All the characters get redesigns. Barry guides the new MC through Sinnoh and says you remind him of his old friend. Memory Link allows you to battle your old DPP team.
>>
>>31220880
The Underworld.
>>
>>31225561
>let's bring back the worst feature in pokemon that should've been axed 5 generations ago so that the world is more believable
>>
Why do people keep saying faster? It's going to be on the SM Gen VII engine, do you think the incredible slowness of Gen IV was a design choice?

Well, not JUST a design choice
>>
>>31220880
First of all I'd like a Platinum remake than D/P.

Also
>Full fledged battle frontier from Pt
>Better FPS/performance
>Balance fixes to competitive metagame
>Retain no HMs as in S/M
>Postgame quests about Arceus etc
>Return to megas
>>
>>31220880
redesigned 3d candice.

i want nothing more than that.
>>
Ditch the Distortion World but mix its perspective fuck gimmick into the climb up Mt. Coronet the first time, focused around temporal and spatial distortions in Diamond and Pearl respectively. You have to climb up normal Mt. Coronet for the post-game story and can be prompted to revisit the distorted version by bringing along Dialga/Palkia and entering the area.

Instead of Cyrus lost in the Distortion World, he's still free to roam like in DP, and the postgame story involves him finding out about Arceus and trying to take control of it, finally getting his punishment at the end of that.

Other than the main evil team plot and encounter tables, taking more from Platinum than DP.
>>
>>31233011
Also by encounter tables I obviously mean keeping the Diamond vs Pearl exclusives and not the extreme improvements to the regional dex and general encounter tables in Platinum.
>>
>>31222063
>Primal Arceus
120/140/140/140/140/140
Normal-type
Ability is an automatic Conversion that changes type so that Judgment becomes super effective on the opponent's pokemon
Doesn't need to hold an item for primal reversion
>>
>>31233011
>Ditch the Distortion World
Why?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.