[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a Pokemon game as hard as this one ever again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Platinum_Japanese_Cover.png (2MB, 1104x990px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Japanese_Cover.png
2MB, 1104x990px
Will we ever get a Pokemon game as hard as this one ever again?
>>
>>31219234
I'm playing it again right now and honestly I don't feel it's hard. I think DP were harder, and in my first playthrough of BW, Ghetsis beat me twice, but I was a kid back then.
>>
>>31219234
BW2 challenge mode, but asides from that

Not looking too good though
>>
The only real variable for difficulty in a Pokemon game is how much time you have to spend grinding. New EXP share makes everything 2ez
>>
tfw you chose Piplup but still get btfo by Roark's Cranidos
>>
>>31219364
:P
>>
>>31219282
>but I was a kid back then.

Inb4 barrage of (You)s.
>>
>>31219282
>but I was a kid back then
get out underage
>>
>>31219234
No pokemon game is "hard" anon. The difficulty is catching the right pokemon.
>>
>>31219400
the only thing they can do to increase the difficulty of the games is improve the AI so it uses setup moves and switches out pokemon. The battle with Kukui had this with him using Lycanroc to set up sneaky pebbles and occasionally switching out pokemon.
>>
>>31219394
>>31219392
Actually, I turned 18 in october, been here since S/M released. Played BW when I was 12. 12 is considered a kid, no?
>>
>>31219234
Opee, Platinum is not exactly a difficult game. Good movesets and good Pokemon do not necessarily increase difficulty, as we've observed with B2/W2. Rather, Gamefreak needs to improve AI - however, it's all too easy for them to have Shift mode as default and make most of the in game trainers make braindead decisions, then slap on unfair AI on whatever postgame facility they introduce.

Quite frankly, it's sickening, and it seems to insult the intelligence of the children who play the games. But yes, I do suppose we haven't got a more difficult game since.
>>
I last played Platinum a LONG time ago so obviously I don't remember how easy or hard it was but... I was a lot worse at videogames back then and I still beat it

Sun and Moon feels a lot harder but again I've played it very recently

We can all agree at least that XY are easy as fuck.
>>
>>31219505
You're a newfag, your opinion has no value.

That being said, i'm and oldfag who can confirm bw/bw2 are far more challenging than all of gen 4.
Espcially hgss those games where piss easy.
>>
>>31220760
They're about the same.
>>
>>31219234

It was literally released a little under two months ago, OP.
>>
>>31220760
No, you're just really bad at games in general. Also, if by """""oldfag""""" you mean from 2010 and onwards, then you're still a newfag, faggot.
>>
>>31220760
*tips fedora*
>>
>>31220753
It's safe to say that opinion on x and y is universal
>>
>>31219394
DP came out 10 years ago you moron
>>
>>31220717
TWO
W W
OWT
>>
>>31219234
Hard? Lol no.
I played it few months ago and it was easy.
Beat Cynthia on one try. And it was the first time I battled her. The insect guy took me few revives but that's all.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.