[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon Prism.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Prism.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
What went wrong?
>>
Overhyped because of C&D

Literally the only reason people cared so much.
>>
it had to be named after the next pokemon game
>>
Because of "muh evil big corporations" some hipsters now think this is the best thing since sliced bread. That's pretty much it.
>>
They hyped it too hard and got BTFO in return.
>>
>>31217778
Can confirm. I knew about it like 10 years ago and forgot about it, I only knew about the finished version because of the C&D. Played it for a few days and dropped it.
>>
>>31217756
The story was a clusterfuck and completely random.
After the league, even cities and connections become clusterfucks.
The placement of Pokemon encounters was weird as fuck. Why have random encounters on whole maps regardless of grass if I have to do a quest there?

That being said, th strong points were a creative use of resources and implementing features from newer generations.
>>
>>31217756
Tainted by the TPP cancer
>>
>>31217778
it has 1.4m views on the trailer before the cd dumbass
>>
>>31217778
>>31217818
>>31217823
t. nintenshills
even though it got c&d'd it still got released and nintendo couldn't do a thing about it AND it was even better than any Pokemon game GF has made

so who really got BTFO?
>>
>>31217902
t. Prism dev apologist

>Hey, I have an idea.
>Lets work on a rom hack for 8 years
>Which is illegal
>And lets hype the shit out of it
>That way Nintendo will definitely find out about it
>What could go wrong?
>1 C&D Later
>WOW WTF WE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>31217962
Prism was the first ROM hack to ever be taken down that I'm aware of. You can't exactly claim that they knew it would happen. Though with how retarded Nintendo has been lately, they should have been more cautious.
>>
>>31217978
>Prism was the first ROM hack to ever be taken down that I'm aware of.
By Nintendo, I mean. I recall a Chrono Trigger one being taken down by Square.
>>
>>31217902
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>31217962
>Rom Hacks are illegal

No they aren't. This is the first time in history likely due to SM's third version name likely being name Prism. Look at the Trios moveset and what type of Pokémon Necro is
>>
>>31217756
Shitendo. Sega actually encourages these projects.
>>
>>31218394
>encourage a game with 5 generations late
>>
>>31217991
That wasn't a ROM hack, they were trying to remake the entire game.
>>
>>31218495
That was Resurrection, Crimson Echoes was the romhack. They did a full playthrough video of it with annotation commentary explaining what they intended to add, and eventually someone else made a remake of it with everything finished and the Naruto references removed.
>>
>>31217778
>>31217818
This is why I hate 4chan. I can't tell if you guys are either memeing, honestly think it wasn't that good or the game simply wasn't that good.

What exactly is wrong with the game? These reasons you guys gave are too general and not descriptive enough. From what I saw and the little I played of it off some site it seemed good to me.
>>
File: 1483336092597.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1483336092597.png
228KB, 358x408px
It's alright. Nothing truly spectacular, has its share of flaws.
Sucks that it got C&D'd meaning the true intentions of postgame content never came to be, but what can you do?
Though it was overhyped, went through development hell until the TPP Wizards joined the crew and sped up development by a few billion miles, and is ultimately inoffensive to GameFreak or Nintendo themselves aside from the possibility that Necrozma's Game MAY be called Prism too.
>>
>>31219368
I don't know about anyone else, (I'm >>31217839) but what >>31219592 pretty much lines up with what I think.
>>
>>31218258
Are you a retard? Yes they are. They infringe on all the copyrights. It doesn't matter if the creator gives credit or doesn't profit. Nintendo/Gamefreak own the rights and they can choose what others can do with them. Retarded idiot.
>>
>>31219751
Not him, but patches are in a legal gray area since they only contain instructions to modify the existing code. Chill out on the retarded idiot stuff though, it makes you seem mad
>>
Oh, and you're right that the full ROM that was eventually leaked is actually illegal but that's not how they were planning to release it
>>
>>31218258
see
>>31219859
>>31219892
for the facts. Please learn the facts. Thanks.
>>
>>31217756
the calendar
>>
>YOU ONLY HAD TO KEEP IT A SECRET and follow the damn train UNTIL RELEASE, YOU MORONS!
>>
Best Hack rom for sure, but Some bugs are annoying
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.