[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, we're the Legendary Dogs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: woof.jpg (66KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
woof.jpg
66KB, 500x230px
Hi, we're the Legendary Dogs.
>>
We'll always save the day
>>
And if you think this is a jojo reference, you're an imbecile
>>
>>31215915
My favorite trio after regis desu
>>
Aight so I have a theory on these. They're all based on Ice Age Megafauna.

Raikou is a Sabre Tooth Cat, obviously. Sabre teeth. Short snout.

Suicune is generally considered to be a wolf. I'm sure you all know about Dire Wolves, the gray wolf's larger, extinct cousin.

So what's Entei? Why, a Short Faced Bear. Also called the Cave Bear, this was a larger relative of the grizzly bear scientists theorize may have been scavengers. I pint his on Entei because it's got a flat face. Not rocket science, I know.

And that's really it. Simple and probably not true, but fun to think about.
>>
>>31215915
hello dogs, I am a 19 y/o loner that regularly browses the 4chan pokemon board. will you be my friends?
>>
>>31215915
they are clearly cats
>>
>>31215915
oh, hi
Where are you going?
STOP RUNNING FROM ME
LET ME CATCH YOU
>>
>>31215915
How was your life as mere Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon?
>>
>>31215923
But what if I think you can't?
>>
>>31215915
>Raikou is an incredibly obvious sabertooth tiger

I don't think I will ever understand how the "legendary dogs" thing got any traction in first place. I mean I can see the ambiguity on Entei and Suicune but Raikou has no dog characteristics to speak of
>>
>>31215915
>Dogs
Underage detected.
>>
>>31216045
ikr, entei is clearly a lion
>>
>>31215994
>Entei
>A bear
What the fuck, are you ACTUALLY autistic?
>>
File: 1273012176877.png (28KB, 455x899px) Image search: [Google]
1273012176877.png
28KB, 455x899px
>>31216031
>>
>>31216127
actually, they got their powers from the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned in the tower, and the winds and rain that put it out.
>>
>>31216045
I see a lion, a sabertooth tiger, and a cheetah/leopard.
Entei even has retractable claws, so I don't know where the dog connotation came from.
Then again, the starter "pattern" theories show that this fanbase will believe anything.
>>
>>31216159
Actually, they were Espeon, Umbreon and Rockruff.
>>
>>31215915
Best trio
>>
File: not eeveelutions.png (164KB, 422x336px) Image search: [Google]
not eeveelutions.png
164KB, 422x336px
>>31216031
here's your reply
>>
Before I say anything about em, they're my favorite trio, actually Raikou is my favorite legendary Poke.

Their form is a common one that you see in everyday life, like cats and dogs and shit. I don't think GF thought as much as you guys do about them. They're just imagination of the creator and they don't have to be dogs or beasts... or bears.

Just enough with this shit of what they are, they're just Pokemon ffs.
>>
>>31215994
Entei is based on the chinese guardian, just like Arcanine.
>>
>>31216283
>anime

How relevant.
>>
>>31216346
>generations
>exploring the unseen scenes of the games
>anime
>>
>>31216346
>no actual retort on his end
How appropriate. Eeveelutionfags always have the dumbest answers. Fitting for such a dumb folk.
>>
>>31215994
Entei is based on the chinese guardian lion, just like Arcanine.
>>
>>31216356
Yeah man that part where Black appears to save N is totally canon.

>>31216362
Retort to what? Some marketing anime?
>>
>>31216160
>he doesn't believe the fire starters use the zodiac as a theme
>he doesn't believe the grass starters use extinct animals as a theme
>he doesn't believe that all water starters are amphibious as a limitation to be able to make them more likable and simultaneously circumvent the need for a theme
At least you got the Legendary cats right.
>>
>>31216325
>>31216380
>By Gen 2 they were already redoing things they had already done before
>>
>>31215915
Shiisa, Raiju, and Quilin
>>
>>31215994
>>31216380
>>31216325
>>31216101
How do you not see that it's a fucking panther
>>
>>31215915
Raikou top doggo
>>
>>31216697
Wait I just realized I got that backwards because I assumed the fire one was what you called the sabretooth
>>
>Raikou has purple cloud hair
>Entei has brown smoke hair
>Suicune has purple hair

Guess which one ends up sucking in most of its appearances?
>>
hi, but which one of you is the leader?

it is obviously entei because he is the best
>>
>>31216013
i too am dog
>>
>>31215982
This desu
>>
People who think they're based on dogs, and those who think they're based on cats are both wrong. They each have traits of both these animals, along with some traits of a certain 'something else'. I'd say Raikou is more feline, and Suicine is more canine, while Entei is more along the middle.
>>
This is a goddamn riot. It's been like 15 years and we're still on about this.
>>
>>31215915
The original designer has stated that the animals they're most based on are a lion, tiger, and panther. But also, they didn't want them to look clearly like a dog or cat. The idea is that they look like ambiguously mammalian holy youkai who "carry their element on their back" (Entei's volcano smoke, Raikou's thundercloud, and Suicune's northern winds)
>>
>>31216779
Suicune has more pink-ish hair and it's also a cloud.
>>
>>31216948
Lol true
>>
>implying felines are dogs
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.