[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vp/ feel about these fair folk design wise? Lore wise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: 1477955095258.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477955095258.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
How does /vp/ feel about these fair folk design wise? Lore wise? competitively? fugability?
>>
>>31215911
No, no, and no. They have horrible designs; among the ugliest pokemon I have ever seen. They're introduction into the meta made it ever so more stagnant.
>>
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I would fug all of them
>>
i want them to gangbang me while their theme plays loudly in the background
>>
I think they're really cool.

Their action poses in the pokedex is cool.
Tapufini is a piece of shit that took forever to catch.
>>
I like their design, and, at least in vgc, all of them are pretty good.
>>
>>31215911
Great design, great/expected lore, great in competitive.

I kinda wish they get nerfed for next gen. Lower terrain boosts to the respective types to like 1.2.
>>
I like that they're more "capricious and creepy" fairies like most folklore than Tinkerbell "cute and pretty". I like how they all form heads. I honestly don't give a shit about how they do in meta but Tapu Lele is my Pokewifu of the generation. 10/10 would get into that shell.
>>
tapu lele cute as hell
thats all I got to add
>>
>>31215911
>Design-wise
I like Koko and Fini the most
>Lore-wise
Pretty good for all of them
>Competitively
Don't play competitive so I don't know
>Fugability
Would fug any/all of them
>>
File: guardian of alola.jpg (46KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
guardian of alola.jpg
46KB, 400x240px
What about maskwise?
>>
File: top lel.png (331KB, 1169x903px) Image search: [Google]
top lel.png
331KB, 1169x903px
>>31215911
Top Bull looks like shit but the others are solid
>>
How do you fug Tapu Lele?
>>
>>31215911
Koko is cool. Fug wise not sure but Koko is pretty cool and impossible to hate. Lele is my favourite and maximum fug ability. More so now that /vp/ cries about it all the time, delicious tears for Lele to use as a drink mixer and lube. Bulu is the only one I do not like in any way at all. Fini between Koko and Lele. Does not really do anything to appeal but pretty, decent in battle and not as unappealing as Bulu.
>>
File: lele-chan.png (1MB, 1433x1433px) Image search: [Google]
lele-chan.png
1MB, 1433x1433px
>>31215911
I wish they did more during the story.
>>
>>31216125
It can be fed in Refresh, can't it? It has a mouth.
>>
>design
Lele>Koko>Bulu>Fini
>lore
Lele=Koko>Bulu=Fini
>Competitive
Lele>Koko>Bulu>Fini
>Fugability
Lele

>>31216072
>Maskways
Koko>All, only Koko and Lele look like good faces, and the guardian model is always yellow which is lazy.
>>
I think telepathy fini will be better for doubles
>>
Vast improvement over the Lake Guardians and Forces of Nature
>>
File: tapus.jpg (128KB, 540x338px) Image search: [Google]
tapus.jpg
128KB, 540x338px
>>31215911
>These "guardian deities" aren't considered as "ledgendaries"
But why?
>>
>>31216291
But they are legendaries, akin to the birbs of Kanto and such.
>>
>>31215942
First post best post.
>>
>>31215911
what the fuck is Tapu Bulu supposed to be?
>>
>>31217226
>Has a nose ring akin to those on bulls
>has bull horns
>hooves
>mask is a Bull head
>Bulu
Gee I fucking wonder
>>
>>31217226
A bull. Specifically a bull's head.
>>
>>31216125
Life, ah, finds a way...
>>
Design wise, I think they're all a little too similar to each other.
>>
>>31215942
>>31217108
t. geniefags
>>
>>31216003
Arguably only the bull one has genitalia.
>>
File: 1483355157253.png (146KB, 540x352px) Image search: [Google]
1483355157253.png
146KB, 540x352px
>>31215911

I like how they actually built up to the legendary fight.
At least for Tapu-Koko.
We saw him in previous scenes, the NPC talked about him in the cutscenes and how important he was to them and the island.
He was mentioned quite frequently.
You even saw the scene where he stood in front of the ultra beast when the wormholes opened up.
There was a lot of action of this guy before the fight.
So you were finally kinda pumped and excited when the time finally came to battle.
The time to fight him was actually a bit unexpected too.

It wasn't like X and Y where they talk about some ultimate weapon or life device then they slap this deer/bird thing for you to fight with no real buildup about the actual creatures themselves.

Plus, the battle music is badass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKr616BOslU
>>
Definitely one of my favorite legendary groups in a long time. Design and lore, fantastic. Fini and Lele are both fugable as hell.

Comp wise, I agree with
>>31216036
that the offensive aspects of terrain could probably be toned down a bit.
>>
What is Lele supposed to be?
>>
>>31217256
Not to mention its fucking arms have hooves and its cry sounds like a male bovine.
>>
>>31220243
> GF actually used Hawaiian lyrics
> people chanting: "FIGHT!" "WE ARE GUARDIANS" and "STRENGTH!"

I love this.
>>
>>31216291
Aren't they commonly known and thought to be real by most the citizens? Most other legendaries aren't apart from by a few old wise people are they
>>
>>31220382
Butterfly
>>
>>31221183
Well they are venerated so they're legendary in status I suppose.
>>
I like their designs a lot, they're unique, look properly mystical and tribal without going overboard with it. The shell aspect is cool, they're all based on animals without being blatant about it.

Lore-wise, I'm a fan. Mostly what I'm going on here is Tapu Koko because he's the one who gets the most, but I love that they show this guy as just someone who unabashedly loves to fucking fight. It's refreshing. He isn't all that mysterious or magical or working on some stupid cosmic level. He's an island guardian who wants to throw down against strong shit. The rest of the Tapu don't get as much, though the love for battle seems to be present a bit there too, given that Battle Royals are derived from the fights the Tapu have amongst themselves. I like that they all seem pretty flippant, they aren't portrayed as purely benevolent despite being guardians. The other three could have used more, but Koko was perfect. I like that, aside from Ultra Beast influence, past and current, these four are the only legendary Pokemon on Alola.

Competitively, they're fine. Lele might be a bit too good but I'm not experienced enough to know. I wish Koko was more physically oriented.
>>
>>31215911
These bastards are what legendary pokemon should have been for the last 6 generations.
What I really like about them is that while they are powerful, we do know about their limits in strength.
>>
>>31216291

They are, only contrarian faggots will adamantly proclaim that the Tapus aren't legendary.

The Kanto Birds, Johto Beasts, Regis etc. are all legendary groups from respective regions, their BSTs range from 560-600, but despite their status and BSTs they are still allowed past most post-game "blanket legendary bans" in battle facilities.

They are classified as "sub-legendaries," essentially meaning legendaries that can be used through said filters.

In Sun and Moon, the Pokedex background color will indicate their status.

Regular Pokemon have blue backgrounds, sub-legendaries, (UBs, Type:Null/Silvally and Tapus,) have green backgrounds, and big league legendaries, (both Zygarde formes, Lunala, Necrozma etc,) have gold/yellow backgrounds.
>>
>>31215911
>>31216155
>Design
Fini >= Koko > Bulu > Lele

>Lore
Koko > Bulu > Lele = Fini

>Competitive
Lele > Koko > Bulu = Fini

>Fugability
Fini. Lele if you have shit taste.
>>
>>31215911
I don't like kokos feet, and I feel like his mohawk should have some thickness to it. I feel like the others are a tad bit overdesigned, but if you removed a stripe here or there on the black parts of their body, they'd be good. I love the outside shells and I like them as pokemon.

My favorite is koko.
>>
>>31215911
i think all are fine, bulu probably only one that looks good shiny
but lele butterfly mask looks like a onahole
>>
>>31215911
Good design, Good lore, I hate them in meta, they belong in Ubers, and I would never fug a pokemon, except the obvious exception that is Fug.
>>
Koko has my eternal respect for it's help with the battle tree
>>
>>31222882
Lele is cute. CUTE.
>>
>>31215911
Unexpectedly, I like them. I usually hate pokemon with humanoid-ish shapes and tons of unnecessary colors and attachments, but I really dig the Tapus.
>>
File: 1469984990897.png (87KB, 346x299px) Image search: [Google]
1469984990897.png
87KB, 346x299px
>>31225051
>fug is the exception
How is a giant flying space dragon snake somehow the obvious exception and not something humanoid like gardevoir or lopunny?
>>
>>31215911
>design wise
I personally like koko and lele far more than the other two, they feel a bit blant compared to those two, but at least fini is cute.

>Lore wise
Koko was amazing, I love how the whole game builds them up but never really forces them down your throat. Its a good way to set up legendaries, at least better than never mentioning them at all or forcing you to catch them for plot.

>competitively
Lele is a good step in the right direction to fuck up stall, koko is a pain in the ass with the mementum but at leat it helps too, fuck fini and ignore bulu

>fugability
For some reason koko is the best looking of them all for me, I dont even want to fug lele
>>
>>31216291
>These "guardian deities" aren't considered as "ledgendaries"

Tapus, Type: Null/Silvally and UBs are all legends, you've been jewed
>>
>>31215911
I despise everything about Lele
Fini's playstyle is incredibly boring, and I like defensive pokemon
Bulu is cool
Koko looks cool but I dislike how his terrain is mostly used for just a 50% self damage buff.
>>
>>31215911
Don't like their lore.
Designs are all top-tier.
Competitively Lele is cancer, Koko is fun but takes no skill, Fini is alright and Bulu just wrecks shit.
Would fuck Lele
>>
>no gattai form

For what purpose.
>>
They have the best music in the game after Lusamine round 1.
>>
>>31226523
>gattai form
Just wait for Pokemon Stars
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.