[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything good every generation did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled image (7).jpg (4KB, 135x90px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled image (7).jpg
4KB, 135x90px
>Generation one introduced the foundation for Pokemon games and 151 pokemon to start us off
>Generation two gave us the day and night cycle, along with 100 new pokemon, even though no one cares about 90 of them
>Generation three gave us Fug and 135 new pokemon, and the battle frontier even if it lasted two gens, as well as kanto remakes...which are shit
>Generation four gave us the return of the day and night cycle, the GTS, and 107 newer pokemon as well as HGSS remakes and the physical/special split which made old pokemon that were crap in the past two gens good again, such as Gyarados
>Generation five...gave us the skeleton of PPS I guess, as well as 165 pokemon, and the biggest story out of the mainline games
>Generation six turned the games from 2d into 3d, and gave us the PPS, which made trading,battling pretty much every online function a lot more easier as well as ORAS, and about 74 Pokemon, as well as the somewhat okay Mega Evolution
>Generation Seven gave us 80 new pokemon and Z moves
And that's about it, argue if you want
>>
File: Bill of Rights.png (623KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
Bill of Rights.png
623KB, 700x875px
>>
File: 1480833572044.gif (458KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1480833572044.gif
458KB, 500x281px
>>31213104
Gen V gave use Seasons, reusable TMs, HAs, PWT, Rotation and Triple Battles, and Dream Abilities.
Cmon OP, you can try harder than that
>>
>>31213104
don't forget the stuff that has only improved Pokemon
>infinite bag space
>infinite TMs
>removal of HMs
>ability to look at a Pokemon's summary before sending it to the box or adding it to your party
>combination of the Poke Mart and Pokemon Center
the list goes on
>>
>>31213104
>Good stuff about gen 5
The genies
>>
>new gens introduce new things
Great thread.
>>
>>31213127
Ah well, seems like I forgot a few things, but Seasons kinda made things a pain at least in my oponion, plus they were scrapped the next gen.
Reusable Tms and HAs, completely forgot about that, those are great.
PWT doesn't count that much though does it? I mean Battle Frontier made the list because it was in two generations, but if the PPS made it than I guess it should've been on the list.
And Rotation battles are pretty shit
>>
>>31213104
Gen 2 gave us hold items, genders and breeding, Dark and Steel types, shiny Pokémon and the Special split.
>>
>>31213206
Alright I made this list in a rush, so I forgot a couple of things..by which I mean a LOT of things as other people have pointed out
>>
Nobody mentioned you can now obtain time-related evolutions any time of the day you want?
>>
>>31213268
Because no one likes time based events
>>
>>31213268
Any time of the day
as long as it's night so you can switch worlds
>>
>>31213288
If you have Lunala you can switch Day to Night and if you have Solgaleo you can switch Night to Day.
>>
>>31213145
I guess this thread is for those who think pokemon is the same game over and over.
>>
>>31213104
What every gen introduced:
>Gen 2
Day/night cycle, roaming legendaries, battle facility, hold items, breeding, dark and steel type, shiny Pokemon, special split, some minor changes in type chart, Pokemon's animation, move tutor, bag segments, mystery gift.
>Gen 3
Abilities, improved movepools, IVs (yes, I know what DVs are), natures, move reminder, a trend of making shitton of legendaries, rematches.
>Gen 4
ONLINE ACTIVITIES, physical/special split, touch screen.
>Gen 5
Pokemon Global Link, critical capture, new experience system, poison not working outside of battle, infinite TMs, hidden abilities, shiny charm.
>Gen 6
3D models, mega evolution, customization, rideable Pokemon, photo spots, new exp. share, fairy type, some minor changes in type chart.
>Gen 7
Too early to talk about.

There are many, many more features we can list but some didn't carry over. For example:
Gen 2 - Pokemon Radio
Gen 3 - Contests I guess
Gen 4 - Underground, following Pokemon (other than Pikachu), Poketch
Gen 5 - Rotation and Triple Battles, seasons
Gen 6 - Sky Battles
>>
>>31214314
Technically the move reminder was introduced in Generation 2 via Stadium 2, even if it was incredibly asinine to use.
>>
>>31213104
>kanto remakes
>shit
Some of the best remakes we had so far, direct upgrades that make the originals fall into irrelevance, same can't be said about Emerald and ORAS
>>
>>31213141
amen for those, exp bars and the user friendly box system should also be there
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.