[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 45

File: landorus.png (22KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
landorus.png
22KB, 200x200px
Lets get a thread for showdown/smogon and shit going
>>
File: tumblr_n2i6s0HiFu1ttdkobo2_400.gif (711KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2i6s0HiFu1ttdkobo2_400.gif
711KB, 320x239px
Whats a good moveset for Absol?

I have Nightslash, psychocut, X-scizor. thinking about either slash or SD, since shadow claw is useless on a mon with night slash + STAB.
>>
Whats the go-to set for Alolan Marowak?
>>
>>31214828
it's shit
>>
>>31212957
>Not Lando-T
Failed thread, try again.
>>
File: 1475770847748.gif (200KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475770847748.gif
200KB, 320x240px
>>31212957
Disappointment (Incineroar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Thank me later, anon.
>>
>>31214828
Quick Attack to finish off faster mons.
>>
>tfw making a meme set
>physical fucking pikachu

who /madman/ here?

>>31214828
Depends, is it a Mega or not?
>>
>>31214828
i'm guessing your fourth move is sucker punch.
swords dance + sucker punch + x-scissor + psycho cut isn't bad!

>>31214970
yea i used a landorus-i with physical moves once hoho
>>
>>31212957
Newfag question I know but someone please explain to me, why does every team in the higher ladder have Greninja, Landorus and Mega Metagross?
>>
>>31214970
Depends. But yeah, mostly Mega.
>>31214990
>>31214990
I rarely have luck with sucker punch
>>
>>31215015
It gets Play Rough as an egg move if you're looking for more options.
>>
>>31215030
cant use it. i have an old shiny one, a gold bottle cap and a +atk nature.
>>
>>31214856

Flare Blitz, Shadow Bone, Bonemerang, and then either Wisp of Stealth Rock depending on what your team demands.
>>
Does anyone know if Gamefreak has a reason for constantly withholding the release of starters with Hidden Abilities? It's like they don't want them to be viable in the generation they're released.

Like Primarina would be a viable alternative to Tapu Fini because of its much higher SpA stat, and would make for a better Celesteela check with Liquid Voice Hyper Voice to hit it with a neutral nuke through Substitute but it gets stuck with fucking Torrent. When are they releasing the starters with HAs? Didn't Serperior languish in this fucking purgatory for years? I'm mad.
>>
File: new team.png (205KB, 641x964px) Image search: [Google]
new team.png
205KB, 641x964px
Rate my team
>>
>>31215783
Did you mean to make Gliscor have the Speed swapped with the SpDef?
>>
File: uu team.png (212KB, 642x1018px) Image search: [Google]
uu team.png
212KB, 642x1018px
Made it to 1354 using this team

feels good having fun
>>
File: This stinks7.png (302KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
This stinks7.png
302KB, 800x1199px
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-04+at+07.46.08).jpg (29KB, 385x154px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-04+at+07.46.08).jpg
29KB, 385x154px
Did some youtuber make this team recently? I've seen it like 50 times today, especially low ladder with joke teams.
>>
>>31215140
Any EV spreads?
>>
>>31218981
That's a pretty generic OU team, I don't think a youtuber made it. Just coincidence.
>>
I'm interested in setting up a monotype team (Ghost). Can/does it work? Which tier does it work best in?
>>
Levelling up on the islands, is it worth it for competitive after I've maxed my ev's or is it best to keep levelling by battling?
>>
>>31219011

Actually I'm not really sure. It's really embarrassing being outsped by shit like Hippowdon, I would probably suggest max Attack, Adamant nature, just enough speed EVs to outspeed defensive Hippo/Conkeldurr stuff like that and throw the rest in HP. I don't remember its base stats offhand.
>>
>>31219739

Since Ghosts at often relegated to support roles like Wisp/Pain Split, Ghost is one of the worst practical choices you can make for a monotype team. I suppose you can do it but the Type just lacks those good physical sweepers and wallbreakers. I made a mono Ghost team once and wound up with like 4 support pokemon and 2 fast offensive special attackers (Mismagius and Froslass).

I would suggest the Spikes/Destiny Bond Sash Froslass lead and then whatever you think you can work with if you have your heart set on it.
>>
>>31214828
Knock off. Always fucking Knock Off. Don't even use absol until you can get Knock Off.
>>
>>31214828
Assuming it's mega since base form is unsalvageable in OU.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch / Pursuit / Superpower

EV's outspeed everything at base 110 and lower (like Mega Metagross) and lower (there's not really anything between 110 and 115 that's relevant,) max attack, with the rest in SpA.

If I was going to use it, this is what I'd run. Knock Off is mandatory STAB. Ice Beam OHKO's Lando-T and Garchomp, and other stuff like on a high roll or after some chip damage, and Fire Blast OHKO's Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, and 2HKO's Skarmory and Tapu Bulu.

Sucker Punch is nice priority. Pursuit is nice to get rid of Mega Metagross and Tapu Lele locked into a Psychic move but will usually be the inferior move. Superpower hits heatran for solid damage (OHKO's if it's offensive 4/0 tran) if your team is weak to it.

Swords dance is a bad set, it never gets chances to set-up.
>>
>>31219739
Why not just play the Monotype tier?
>>
>>31219011
Max SpDef and HP, 4 in Speed because it matters, and +SpDef -SpAtk
>>
File: Untitled.png (84KB, 1099x611px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
84KB, 1099x611px
>>
>>31220441
Wow, you really don't have any idea what you're doing. Please look up a smogon set for Snorlax, get an Arcanine with Close Combat, replace every physical move on Vikavolt, replace the Rock Tomb and Volt Switch with Stone Edge and Return, get a Golem with Galvanize instead.
>>
>>31220516
Thank you.
>>
>>31220441
what site is this?
>>
>>31220601
http://pyrotoz.com/

I just googled a team generating site
>>
>>31220188

Dhelmise fits the bill for a physical sweeper. Has a solid base attack.
>>
>>31215004
greninja is arguably the best cleaner in OU right now
Landorus was always good and if you look at it closely you will know why
Megagross checks Lele and can deal with the majority of the metagame such as some UBs,Tapus,marowak
It also hits like a motherfucker
>>
>>31220755
Actual explanation on why Lando-T is on a lot of teams:
It's a stealth rock setting defensive pivot that can soft check a majority of physical attackers, has two important immunities, provides solid offense on its own. On top of this it can viably run offensive sets like scarf and double dance sets.

It offers multiple things that every team needs or heavily benefits from. The role compression just makes it a really good pick, and makes it really easy to be creative with the rest of your team. Lando-T actually promotes creativity in teambuilding, I'm not even meme'ing.
>>
>>31214990
Have you ever used an Alomamola with physical moves?
>>
Something i've had decent success with.

Toucannon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 speed, 252 atk, 4 hp
Ability - Skill link
-bullet seed
-rock blast
-brave bird
-u-turn

Though a bit underwhelming at times, i've been able to score incredibly easy kills on marowak and lycanrok leads. Brave bird for you big damage if seed/rock is resisted, and u-turn for scouting.
>>
>>31215181

Serperior languished in its own shit because it literally had no fucking movepool, and mono-grass typing. Even with its HA, it still suffers heavily because of NO MOVES.
>>
>>31221107
Serperior with good coverage would be terrifying.
>>
>>31220247
there's thundurus at 111, albeit it's not that relevant anymore with koko, it might see some use and absol doesn't want to take a tbolt or a focus miss
>>
>>31222434
216+ Absol loses to Thundurus (kind of irrelevant) and Serperior (rare but still good), and doesn't have a chance to tie with Zydoggo. It depends if you care about not beating these things. I honestly don't know if the SpA investment makes a difference. Mega Absol is really bad at any rate anyway.
>>
File: Team.png (135KB, 636x957px) Image search: [Google]
Team.png
135KB, 636x957px
Any thoughts for improvement on my Goo/Slime Theme Team?
>>
What are the best Metagross counters? I was thinking Dugtrio, it obviously can't switch in but it can revenge kill it hard with EQ and Arena Trap, and it outspeeds unless it has Bullet Punch, which is getting less common in a Lele meta and even then it has a sash.
>>
File: beedrill-mega.jpg (37KB, 294x320px) Image search: [Google]
beedrill-mega.jpg
37KB, 294x320px
Do you think this will be OU once it's released with the giant buff it got? Honestly Pheromosa outclasses it but it might be BL (or OU if she's banned)
>>
Gengar's still got it!
>>
>Tapu Koko a higher rank than Bulu
What?
All Koko can do is Volt Switch
>>
>>31223899
Hope it gets a release, never trained a mega beedrill so I would be excited to try it out.
>>
I'm building a team using mostly my favorites -- does anyone have any suggestions for edits / the last two slots?

My basic idea here is to use Slowking (yes, I know Slowbro is "better") and Tangrowth as a tag-team to take advantage of their Regenerator ability. Occasionally letting M-Scizor come out and do a U-Turn. And using Weavile for revenge kills.

I was thinking of adding Gengar and/or Bisharp to the team, but I'm not sure what sort of glaring holes I'm leaving open with regards to type matchups / roles. I was also thinking of adding someone for the purpose of Sneaky Stones.

Slowking - Regenerator, Modest
@Assault Vest
Psychic
Fire Blast
Dragon Tail
Scald
EVs: 248 HP, 92 Def, 168 SpA

Tangrowth - Regenerator, Relaxed
@Rocky Helmet
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain
Hidden Power Ice
Knock Off (Lv:27)
EVs: 244 HP, 216 Def, 48 SpD

Weavile - Pressure, Jolly
@ Life Orb
Knock Off
Ice Shard
Icicle Crash
Poison Jab
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe

Scizor - Adamant, Technician
@Scizorite
Swords Dance
Roost
Bullet Punch
U-Turn

Any suggestions?
(Sorry if this looks like shit, I've never played a real competitive match before.)
>>
>>31223985
I'm just a shitter but I see a pretty big weakness to fire there. Even with Tangrowth being decently bulky and Slowbro's resist you might still struggle with strong flamethrowers and fire blasts. I'd also invest in a hazard remover if you plan on doing a lot of switching to keep regenerator's healing efficient and something to either tank or cure status so Scizor is less scared of burns and Slowking/Tangrowth are less afraid of toxic.
Of course I don't know what to tell you to use because I'm bad but those are my two cents.
>>
>>31223985
I personally recommend changing the Scizor's U-Turn out for Pursuit since I find it's usually too slow to take advantage of the pivot without taking damage on the turn of the switch. Not sure what spread you plan on running, so I can't really comment on the inclusion of roost at the moment.
>>
>>31214970
>thinks physical Pikachu makes him a madman
>didn't make a physical Sylveon set for the Eeveelution tournament a while back
>doesn't pair Electro Ball Pikachu with Nuzzle Raichu in doubles for maximum Ashtism
>doesnt have physical, special, and triple battle support sets for Top Kecleon
>doesn't make Timid Charizard use Beat Up on teammate Justified Lucario in doubles or triples
>doesn't play doubles with a Banded Explosion Electrode and Ion Deluge Motor Drive Electivire lead
>doesn't use Mega Banette as the Great Equalizer of 3v3

Your sanity disgusts me
>>
>>31224309
I want to hear more about the physical Sylveon
>>
>>31224369
Same, I just bred a shiny adamant penta perfect eevee and really don't want to use Flareon, and already have my Leafeon. If you saw success with a physical Sylveon pls do tell what the set was and what it's held item was.
>>
>>31224203
Scizor EVs:
248 HP, 16 Atk, 60 Def, 124 SpD, 60 Spe

Give up U-Turn for Pursuit? Not even Bug Bite? Wouldn't I want to have one STAB Bug-type move on him?

>>31224176
What if I added a Dragonite to help with the Fire problem?
>>
>>31224369
>>31224418
Sylveon @Shell Bell
Adamant 252HP 252A 6 Spe
-Retaliate/Quick Attack
-Wish
-Protect
-Last Resort

Bear in mind this was for the level 30 Eeveelution tournament. Revenge kill with a ridiculously strong Retaliate and heal up with Shell Bell. Wish and Protect to heal up further and scout, then Last Resort to spam that first insane Retaliate damage. Leftovers or Life Orb could work too but I'm partial to Shell Bells. Hell, even a Choice Band set of nothing but Last Resort would work. You may want to opt for Quick Attack over Retaliate for priority or to break a Sash on the way out
>>
>>31223191
Solid switch ins:
Skarmory
Celesteela
Mega Scizor
Hippowdon
Slowbro
Suicune

Okay switch ins:
Rotom-W
Lando-T
scarf chomp
Ferrothorn (if it has EQ)
Gyarados/Mega Gyarados
>>
I was running Celesteela with Power Whip, Leech Seed, EQ and Protect for doubles, but I've never really used EQ that much. What can I stick on her instead of it? I know that the first obvious choice would be Substitute, but what are the other options?
>>
>>31224709
Meant Heavy Slam instead of Power Whip
>>
>>31223985
>Slowking (yes, I know Slowbro is "better")
One isn't better than the other, they do different things. Slowking is pretty okay right now, it's one of the best checks to tapu lel
>>
>>31224709
>>31224719
Flamethrower
>>
>>31219739

mega sableye, jellicent, Alolan
marowak/golurk, gourgeist/decidueye/dhelmise, mimikyu/gengar/chandelure/something else

play in the monotype tier on showdown
>>
File: 33455678.png (96KB, 527x792px) Image search: [Google]
33455678.png
96KB, 527x792px
Hey everyone! I could use some help with my team. I've been trying it out on Showdown before creating it in SM, so I don't waste my time. I'm still struggling to win with any consistency, so any help is appreciated!
>>
>>31226707
Why would you Convert into Ice instead of Electric with Porygon-Z?
Keen Eye Lycanroc? Go Sand Rush, so at least you'll be able to maybe sweep if you face a Sand Team instead of having a completely useless ability.
Why Ice Beam on Chansey? You already have Ice coverage on Porygon. Better go with Seismic Toss and deal consistent damage.
>>
>>31226771
I can do that. I was wondering if Chansey should be swapped out for Celesteela, but I tend to get trapped by Magnezones pretty much every match.
>>
>>31215783
Get Bonemerang instead of EQ on Marowak, it has 90 Acc but it does the same damage and breaks sash/sturdy
>>
>>31212957
So, I haven't touched smogon singles since early gen 5 and now I want to go back to the roots.

What important things should I know before I dive into the gen 7 meta? I already heard about the Defog buff, anything else?
>>
>>31226707
>Marowak's nature
>Calm Mind + Nature's Madness on a Specs Lele
>>
>>31226707
>Choice specs
>Calm mind
Do you plan on getting knocked off?
>>
Lately I've been using Hyper Beam on Porygon-Z, without changing its type with Z-conversion, overall I'd say it's not a terrible idea
Pros:
>Does a fuckton of damage
>Literally nobody expects it
Cons:
>Less coverage
>Must recharge
>>
>>31226707
>That Porygon
>That Tapu Lele
>That Lycanroc
>That Chansey
>That Marowak
Holy fucking shit
>>
>>31226849
>>31226856
>>Green texting instead of suggestions.
The specs were honestly a mistake while switching stuff around.
>>
>>31226707
>Ice beam chansey
This isn't Gen 1 Chansey, use Seismic Toss like a normal person.
>>
>>31226920
Or run a Blissey if you need a special attack that much
>>
File: 864353643.png (18KB, 801x210px) Image search: [Google]
864353643.png
18KB, 801x210px
>>31226920
>>
>>31226916
No, the specs aren't the mistake, the moves are. Lele isn't meant to be bulky, it's meant to hit hard and fast. Max out Speed instead of HP, go Timid, and keep Specs for wallbreaking or go Scarf for sweeping. Replace Nature's Madness and Calm Mind with some combination of Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, HP Fire, or whatever coverage move you feel best suits your team.
Marowak should be obvious and doesn't need explanation.
>>
>>31226940
>not playing Pokebank OU
>>
>>31226940
If you're making a team for cart just use something else then. Chansey REALLY needs Seismic Toss to function.
>>
File: r8 teamu.png (156KB, 638x926px) Image search: [Google]
r8 teamu.png
156KB, 638x926px
How can i improve my shit up? 1500 shitter here
>>
>>31222695
Take a few points from attack on muk and slap them into spdef, about 40 evs in defense if i remember right

Put an assualt vest on muk as well

Gunk shot/poison jab
Knock off
Pursuit
Shadow sneak/explosion

This is easily muks best set, it makes their tapu lele useless

Switch muk in, he take about 25% from moonblast, pursuit them and they always take a little over half hp and a 20% chance to poison.
>>
>>31226707
Tapu lele has one good set at the moment, and thats timid scarf

If you want to calm mind, use tapu fini
>>
>>31226977
Put hp ice on your lando to beat other landos
>>
Fire fang or fire blast on tankchomp?
>>
>>31227125
Fire blast.
>>
Why is /vp/ so casul
>>
Losing on showdown makes me irrationally angry

Someone please copy paste me a really cancerous Ubers team
>>
>>31230754
Define cancerous. Do you mean like a stall team or something?
>>
>>31230841
Something that is designed to win battles
>>
>>31226707
First off I would highly suggest playing post bank. Pre bank isn't going to exist for much longer and it's honestly a mess. Secondly, your defensive core seems almost non existent. You don't have a reliable switch in to really common things like Zygarde, Mega Zard X, or Excadrill
>>
>>31230908
Primal Groudon
Extreme Killer Arceus
Mega Gengar
Xerneas
I don't play much ubers I just know those are super good
Maybe Deo-S as a lead
>>
>>31230754
If you want to win, head over to the Anything Goes tier. It's full of in game teams.
http://pastebin.com/r4tdR9tq
This team is fucking terrible and I got to top 10 with like 85% GXE. And I'm a horrible player.
>>
Help me, I have no Idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>31231975
Oh, I sometimes have an assault vest on Nihilego.
>>
>>31231975
specs on koko
nihlego is good
don't know shit about garfield but it looks fine
defensive marowak is better
scizor needs swords dance
>>
Any suggestions? Floating around 1500-1600 right now and really hate this team. My only physical attackers need SD to do any significant damage. Also I hate Chansey, but it's the only blanket check I could find for Koko/Gren/Lele. And Mimikyu sucks, this mon is actually horrible. I don't even know what my Zapdos' 20 Spdef is for.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-05+at+02.22.49).png (80KB, 637x954px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-05+at+02.22.49).png
80KB, 637x954px
>>31232065
I'm retarded and forgot image
>>
>>31231778
Will try it out thanks
>>31231868
>Anything Goes
Is it really that different from Ubers?
>>
>>31231975
Why magnet. Life orb is better, and if you dont want recoil use expert belt

Slap a sash on nihil for a good stealth rock lead

Honestly you team could do with a set up sweeper. Look into using bulky coil zygarde, you dont really need dragon stab on zygarde. If you insist on CB zygarde then drop pursuit on scizor and stick on swords dance

Look into a careful nature special defensive alolan marowak. Even with no attack investment, marowaks attack is still hitting the point of fully invested base 130 attack, thats how strong thick club is. I would also drop stone edge for will o wisp to spread out burns against poteintial lando t and garchomp etc switch ins
>>
>>31232125
>Is it really that different from Ubers
Yes, you don't have things like Sleep Clause/Baton Pass Clause. Playing Anything Goes gives you a good perspective on why those things are necessary. Also most people are playing are stupid/using in game teams, where after a certain point in Ubers people are using legit Ubers teams and know what they're doing.
>>
File: alola tee.png (60KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
alola tee.png
60KB, 895x895px
>>31212957

Currently building a team for battlespot doubles

>Garchomp
Life Orb
Jolly
Rough skin
252 atk/252 spe/4 def
dragon claw/earthquake/rock slide/swords dance

>togekiss
leftovers
bold
serene grace
252 hp/252 def/4 sp def
air slash/thunder wave/follow me/roost

>Magnezone
Choice specs
modest
magnet pull
252 sp atk/128 spe/128 hp
thunderbolt/flash cannon/volt switch/hp fire

Just wondering what other mons I could throw in there? I'm thinking pelipper for drizzle+tailwind support, a swift swim sweeper (kingdra, or m swampert for post-bank if its mega stone becomes available) and something to deal with steel types (arcanine or marowak)
>>
File: pok.png (50KB, 586x716px) Image search: [Google]
pok.png
50KB, 586x716px
Am I decent yet
>>
File: poke.png (243KB, 640x976px) Image search: [Google]
poke.png
243KB, 640x976px
I'm not very smart
>>
I have a magnet on it because another anon told me to put one on it when I posted this before. Might've been fucking with me.
>>
>>31232233
This looks like a gen 4 team without the Focus Sash lead
>>
>>31232233
>Flygon
HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>31230908
Get a lugia with ice beam,roost,toxic and leftlovers ,poison your enemy and start spamming ice beam until you get too much damage,then recover with roost and repeat.
>>
>>31232371
but i like flygon
>>
File: 1422490229571.jpg (15KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
1422490229571.jpg
15KB, 300x284px
what's the most up to date team building guide out there if it exists please help
>>
>>31232626
Your entire team loses to tapu lele the #2 OU mon
>>
File: 1483198479794.jpg (86KB, 463x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483198479794.jpg
86KB, 463x480px
Is DDance Zygarde-50% a thing? And if so can someone supply me a possible set for it? If not an up to date coil set would be nice too.
>>
>>31232965
Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute

Replace extreme with whatever coverage move
>>
>>31215181
Sparkling Aria is also a sound-based move, basically making Primarina's HA quite useless. Let's hope it gets shit like Boomburst eventually through tutors or whatever.
>>
>>31216878
Just out of curiosity, why are you running ice beam on avalugg? You got avalanche already and a pretty poor sp.a
>>
>>31212957
>>31214828
>>31214933
>>31214960
>>31214902
>>31214869
>>31215004
>>31214990
>>31214970

Somebody help me please. I want to make an UU team based around Salamence.

This is what I have now.

http://pastebin.com/ViXE3U89

Also, if you suggest changes please tell me the reason(s) why.
>>
>>31233621
That's a lot of ice weakness.
>>
>>31233641
I know. I'm not good at making teams. I just slapped a bunch of shit together.
>>
>>31231752
What would you suggest? A bulk ground type?
>>
File: 1458207651408.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1458207651408.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>31233621
P-p-please.
>>
>>31233621
Your team has some major problems, you have 3 pokemon that are all setup sweepers where in reality you only need 1 or 2. Suicide Azelf hasn't really been good since gen 5 as you usually just trade rocks and some light damage on a wall for a pokemon. If you are going to use Latias at least give it healing wish, 1 move for full hp on another mon is too good to pass up on.

http://pastebin.com/P9H8TSdi

I tried to make it a more overall balanced, if you want you can replace quag with a gliscor and tornadus with keldeo. I just feel like quag makes it so you dont auto lose to belly drum / dd and keldeo has a hard time setting up as a lot of stuff resists its two stabs
>>
>>31231975
OK, this is updated. I switched Zygarde to chomp... not sure what do do with him.
>>
>>31234327
Shit, I still have no setup sweepers.
>>
>>31234327
>sand veil garchomp
>>
>>31234343
>what is swords dance scizor
>>
>>31234370
Whoops
>>
>>31234285
Okay, thank you. I will most likely keep Quagsire as well.
>>
>>31234401
dead
>>
How is Tangrowth doing so well?
>>
>>31214828
My Sun and Moon Absol:

Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Play Rough (egg move from Granbull)
X Scissor
>>
>>31234544
Knock-Off, Regenerator, checks Tapus and can put something to sleep in the switch
>>
>>31234327
Lol
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-511850885
>>
Physical azelf has actually been doing great for me

Rocks and knock off are just that good i guess
>>
>>31234732
I see you took a lot of advice nice dude. See how useful will o wisp on defensive marowak is?

One last piece of advice i have is never overpredict when you are in the lead, looking at that poison jab on garchomp play

Also if you are still looking for a set up sweeper then life orb swords dance jolly chomp can fill that role fine
>>
Do you guys think Golisopod will become a relative threat should Lele get banned?
>>
>>31234937
No
>>
File: Helioportrait.png (120KB, 332x334px) Image search: [Google]
Helioportrait.png
120KB, 332x334px
>Heliolisk now is RU

why life?
>>
>>31234937
Nope
>>
File: Its yo boy Guzma.png (89KB, 240x358px) Image search: [Google]
Its yo boy Guzma.png
89KB, 240x358px
>>31232172
>serene grace
>battlespot doubles
Pick one and only one until bank comes out and who the fuck knows when that will be.
>>
>>31235393
Serene grace is not Togekiss's HA. It's legal.
>>
>>31235537
Fuck me i am an idiot. I could of sworn it was. Welp time to go get one for myself.
>>
First of all, not a bait post.

Second of all:

Why aren't the deoxys forms, except attack, considered for OU? They see next to no usage in ubers and probably wouldn't be THAT broken with all the powercreep running around.
>>
>>31223953
New toy syndrome
>>
>>31235820
they brought down speed in gens 4-6, nigga was too good
>>
>>31235938

>does no damage, just sets rocks
>good

yeah totally busted haha
>>
>>31235858
Bulu is a new toy too tho
A far more useful one
>>
Would Meganium be a good in game Dual screens setter/cleric or should I be looking at someone else for singles?
>>
anyone have a list of the RUmons?
>>
What's the best ev spread for A-Marowak? Is it better to run it defensively or all out attacker?
>>
>>31235970
it has godlike defenses, it even has Magic Coat to bounce back hazards from the opponent, it gets Recover and it can setup spikes. Nothing short of a super effective attack can get rid of it, it was a huge boon to hyper offense teams because of how easily it could setup spikes, it was practically a must have on hyper offense teams
>>
>>31236043
without attack investment it has the equivalent of 150 base attack, you can safely go for a specially defensive Marowak to better counter Tapus and Ultra Beasts
>>
Is Bulk Up Mimikyu any good? Or should I just stick with the usual SD set?
>>
>>31236033
wait is RU alpha out?
If so I'd like to try it, seems it'd be more fun than UU is right now
>>
>>31218981
thats pretty much just a mash of the most popular mons
>>
>decide to watch some RU
>Celebi
>Tornadus
>Lucario
>Alakazam
>Goodra
>Spiritomb
>Klefki
wad the fug
>>
>>31236563
Swords dance but if you are feeling experimental run hone claws for 100% play roughs
>>
>>31223899
>She
>>
I just started doing some battle spot doubles here's my team.

Sonic (Sandslash-A) Only pokemon with a nickname cus I got all the others from WT while I chained for this nigga
Focus Sash
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab (literally only for tapu fini and primarina)
- Icicle Crash
- Protect

Ninetails-A
Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic

Marowak-A
Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Hp
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Protect
- Bonemerang
- Flare Blitz

Gyarados
Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Aqua Tail
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Metagross
Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body/Tough Claws
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (Shit speed IV unfortunately so I've been outsped before)
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm

Garchomp
Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Outrage

Sandslash and Ninetails are my go to starters unless I see they're a rain team or something. I've found my team deals with most common threats such as any of the Pseudos, UBs, the Tapus, Trick room, and opposing weather teams pretty easily but I still am making some rookie mistakes (kill the eevee first). Any tips to improve my team or what to replace Garchomp with since I never use him (or does it not matter since people might have to consider countering him at team preview and throw out a team without fire pokemon)?
>>
>>31223899
I could see it at least hitting BL because it can basically run anything it wants now that it doesn't need protect. And Fell Stinger's boost can make it fucking terrifying
>>
Is there a benefit in putting HP EVs into Guzzlord?
>>
File: Everything OU touches, is mine.png (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Everything OU touches, is mine.png
38KB, 500x500px
> | 1 | Marowak-Alola | 17.21540% | 364046 | 16.241% | 274766 | 16.648% |

FUCKING APOLOGIZE, RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!
>>
>>31241028
Hes gonna save this meta for his mum
>>
What are you nerds running on your Buzzwole? I can't decide. I went Adamant 252 HP 252 Att 4 Def, my current one has Substitute, Hammer Arm, Leech Life, and Poison Jab.

I know it has a few other skills up and about but I don't know what to go with. Are Fell Stinger or Roost viable?
>>
>>31241028
I run HP ground to cover this guy and so he's basically a free kill every match
I still run marowak though cus he literally counters half of OU
>>
File: Shite.png (210KB, 563x862px) Image search: [Google]
Shite.png
210KB, 563x862px
Need some advice
And uh don't mind the Z-Rock
I was just sick and tired of dealing with Thundurous that I gave Swampert it to deal with it

I think I need a speedier special attacker
>>
>>31238355
Klefki is drastically lower because of the Prankster nerf.
>>
>>31241028
Is Flare Blitz useful, or is the recoil too much?
>>
>>31241098
My advice is to replace weaville with any pokemon then play UU with that team.
Possibly even RU cus of the newly released pokebank stats
>>
>>31235820
>Why aren't the deoxys forms, except attack, considered for OU?

Because we been through this song and dance THREE FUCKING TIMES already, and the Deo-Bros have been proven time and time again that they are fucking cancer incarnate worse than even the luckiest Lando-T on the planet. If I had to go through it a FOURTH time, I would DDOS smogon and showdown.
>>
>>31241180
Weavile is UU
>>
Would it be a good idea to have alolan ninetales set up Aurora Veil before I send out a marowak?
>>
>>31241223
Please tell me that Thundurous is not UU now
>>
>>31241180
>>31241223
Actually yeah I'm playing UU for the time being
and Weavile has been moved there
>>
>>31241178

>180 base power move off of an (if you odn't run attack ivs) equlivant of 178 base attack w/Thick Club

you tell me.
>>
>>31241238
That's exactly why I mentioned I slapped on Z-Rock on swampert for laughs to kill the fucker with a never miss rock move
It worked once
>>
>>31241238
Thundurus is UU. And Thundurus-T is in RU along with Tornadus.
>>
>>31241253
Is there any notable OHKOs you get with attack ev's? Or is full bulk the way to go since you 1 shot most shit anyways?
>>
>>31241235
If you can ever get Aurora veil up it's probably a good thing.
>>
>>31241382

The only notable OHKOs you'll miss out on are fully invested Celesteelas and Skarmorys but they'll never really stay in on an Alolawak in the first place, and a good amount of them down run fully physically defensive sets anywho.
>>
>>31241450
Yeah but switching out from alolawak can be just as bad, someone's gotta take that flare blitz.
>>
I just discovered Dual Dance Staraptor is now a thing, what are some good teammates for him? Preferably on UU and something that has good synergy with MegaZam and Azu.
>>
where do i find usage statistics for showdown?
>>
Holy shit, are there any scriptfags in Showdown? Because somehow I got frozen three times in a row by Ice Punch, then a critical fucked me up, what the fuck
>>
the fuck
why is celebi ru
it's so good in ou
>>
File: 1471763306301-b.jpg (68KB, 708x588px) Image search: [Google]
1471763306301-b.jpg
68KB, 708x588px
>be a trick room player
>all these amazing new trick room Pokemon to work with
I'm really fucking impressed, every single one I've used has far exceeded my expectations: oranguru, vikavolt, alolan marowak/exeggutor/golem, bewear, crabominable, wishiwash, araquanid, drampa. They're all great.
>>
What's a landorus counter with Pyschic Terrain up?
>>
>>31242678
Pretty sure you can use priority moves against Landorus since he's not grounded and thus unaffected by Psychic Terrain.
>>
Not really smogon related but does anyone have an idea or skeleton for a broken or good team in a format without legendaries? I'm going to be participating in an event soon where the only restriction is that legendaries of any kind aren't allowed. Things like megas, 1hkos, and evasion moves are perfectly fine.
>>
>>31242717
Are UBs/tapus allowed?
>>
>>31243546
No they aren't. Sorry I wasn't more specific.
>>
>>31242717
Singles or doubles? I'm thinking it's probably singles, right?
>>
>>31243847
Yeah it's singles. Geez I'm forgetting a lot of things.
>>
use this:

"Fuck You" Breloom@Black Sludge
Jolly, Poison Heal, 12 hp, 244 atk, 252 spe

Spore
Bulk up / Double team
Substitute
Drain Punch / Toxic
>>
File: 1474319197704.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1474319197704.png
56KB, 491x585px
>>31244133
>Breloom@Black Sludge
>>
>>31212957
Should I used a Togekiss or Alolan Nintales?

I need one special sweeper.

What ev spread should I give a good Toxapex
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 564x878px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 564x878px
someone knows an alolan raichu set from the vcg?
>>
>>31243905
Look up the usage for OU and pick 6 people in it. Lemme see if I can't name 6 pokemon for you to use...Mega metagross/Mega Lucario/Mega Gengar(pick one) Aegislash (this is all assuming they aren't doing smogon rules) Ash Greninja, Mamoswine could be used as a nice lead to set up stealth rocks and kill stuff before going down. You can also use a choice scarf ditto with imposter for shenanigans. Fuck around with some of these pokemon or let another anon help out more.
>>
>>31244277
The usual set I'm seeing is:

Raichu @ Psychicum-Z
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Fake Out
Encore

You can probably sub Protect in place of Fake Out or Encore if you want to, and Thunder in place of Thunderbolt if you're running a Rain team.
>>
File: pikalaplz.gif (702B, 50x50px) Image search: [Google]
pikalaplz.gif
702B, 50x50px
>>31244277
Alolan-Raichu @Assault Vest
Volt Tackle
Nuzzle
Fake Out
Feint

For manly men.
>>
>>31212957
Is there a general rule regarding team building? I've been trying teams non-stop for pokebank OU and none of them have ever broken the 1300. What am I doing wrong? or I just suck?

My current team:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 224 HP / 20 Def / 4 SpA / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 4 SpA / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Taunt

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
>>
File: 1481927039680.jpg (52KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1481927039680.jpg
52KB, 331x331px
Help, i want a mega sharpedo.

Adamant or Jolly?
>>
>>31224309
Days old but tbqhwyf I think the madman part was using Pikachu at all
>>
Help me improve my team

Charizard-Mega-X (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch
- Dragon Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Ice Shard

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Defog

Muk-Alola (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

>>31245711
you should make zapdos bulky

make tapu fini bold, stick with taunt and replace defog with calm mind. look into possibly investing more into speed to taunt more mons

get rid of endaveor on mamo, replace with rocks, replace thick fat with oblivious so taunt users dont cuck you. rocks are so important

awful metagross set, you want meteor mash, zen headbutt, and bullet punch. for filler you need to choose from earthquake, hammer arm, pursuit or elemental punhc. i would go with pursuit or eq

stick a scarf or life orb on pheromosa

drop gengar, if you are looking for a tapu lele killer then look into the AV muk i have on my team.
>>
File: normies.png (99KB, 583x867px) Image search: [Google]
normies.png
99KB, 583x867px
rate my mono normal team
>>
>>31231975
how do people get full pics of their team like this? I'd normally screenshot my screen but it doesn't capture the whole
team
>>
>>31248174
screenshot one half, then the other, then you put them togeher in paint
>>
>>31248252
>>31248174
Or try the fullscreen button, I think it's f11
>>
File: Capture.png (139KB, 632x914px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
139KB, 632x914px
can I get some critique on this team?
>>
>>31248473
Go ahead and just make marowak +spedef nature

You could speed creep your lando and slap hp ice on it to fuck other landos
>>
What drives a person to play stall? Why not just play solitaire for all the interaction you're having with the opponent?
>>
File: tumblr_mygr6zSEg51qeojg0o3_1280.jpg (127KB, 730x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mygr6zSEg51qeojg0o3_1280.jpg
127KB, 730x667px
Any usage stats memes from December? Haven't seen em yet if there are.
>>
>>31250995
I like fatmons and I like fucking with people. Show them some safe responses early on, then start playing less predictably after the first few exchanges. Then figure out how you'll slowly work to victory, and if they're getting mad in chat take advantage of their impaired thinking.
>>
>>31250995
Eh i just fought some fag who made the match take about 200 turns. By the 100th turn, he started to time stall as well. Stall is just shit players trying to get reqs usually
>>
File: VMAHfz.png (114KB, 644x954px) Image search: [Google]
VMAHfz.png
114KB, 644x954px
Okay, this is based off of my ingame team from Sun. Each one of these guys I've used at least once during the main game, and have been running them on Showdown pretty much exclusively.

Rath is the one I know I'm gonna get the most shit for having a Verlisify tier build, but I've been running him and he's been doing me okay. One flame charge gets him moderate speed, and I only really need to use another one for faster pokemon. Usually I can jut have Greninja use Mat Block for an easy protect while he builds up speed. Everyone else I think is pretty okay, save for Gigalith. Those 16 points in defense are just so that way he has an even hundred in both stats.

Also, Assault Vests everywhere. They're my weakness for when I have a pokemon that has all attacking moves and decent Special Defense bulk
>>
>>31253608
But why not just play solitaire or in game? You're not really interacting with the opponent in any meaningful way, you're just playing your own little game.
>>
What is the best Latias set for OU, that incorporates Wish?

I have come up with a core that could potentially be ladder topping but it relies heavily on Latias to wish pass.
>>
>>31254090
Instead of Solitaire, why not play a multiplayer game where you can climb the ladder and Pokemon to boot?

Besides that, there are many meaningful interactions with an opponent you spend over 100 turns with.
>>
>>31254109
Why not Healing Wish? Wish Passing is pretty slow and unreliable.
>>
>>31254304

Because the other two Pokemon lack reliable recovery and this is all I can do to make it work.
>>
>>31254384

Latias is just begging to be fucked by a pursuit trapper in that scenario. Use mons that don't need lots of jank ass support to do something in OU.
>>
>>31254468

Nigga I want the most optimal Latias set to wishpass, it doesn't have to be great.

I'd ask on PS but I'm banned
>>
>>31221107
It was over used so I don't know what you're talking about
>>
Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Power Gem
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse

First time into this. Anyone up for a match?
>>
>>31255450
Send me a message and I can play in a second, name is PublicImageLimited. Just got my vote so I'm gonna do that really quick.
>>
>>31255601
IGN is Nohma
>>
>>31255450
New set for Necrozma

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Autotomize
>>
What are people running on Buzzwole these days? I figured I'd go 252HP 252 Attack 4 Def but I don't know what moveset to run.

I'm also debating on making him a recipient of my Curse passer.
>>
>>31242717
Moody
>>
>>31242717
Moody Smeargle with Baton Pass, Spore, Protect/King's Shield, Quiver. Pass it into whatever you want.
>>
>>31256854
I'm running sub/leech life/hammer arm/ice punch
You could run focus punch but I'm not confident enough in the sub to use it. EQ is also good coverage if you already have ice covered. Using leftovers on it.
>>
>>31257162
Alright then, thanks. The final coverage move was bugging me but I guess it's all about what I need for my team. I'm not terribly good at building teams though.
>>
>>31255450
I'm always terrified of running Z-Hypnosis. It's such a big gamble.
>>
>>31214933
Dont use Outrage, its only good if you have stab, you are better off using Leech life
>>
>>31255450
Sure just give me a second to tailor my team to counter yours
>>
is gene banned yet
>>
How do you build Skeeter for Battle tree?
>>
>build rain team
>use nidoqueen as SR setter and electric check
>forgot to put fucking earth power on it
>wins me the second game with 10 consecutive ice beams
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7pokebankuubeta-512646438

just elo hell things

Also rate my broken rain team:
phys def Politoed scald/ice beam/hypno/encore
bulky nidoqueen SR/earth/ice/flame
CB scizor
Rockium-Z Kabutops
Specs Keldo
SebSeed Serperior
>>
>>31257594
It's still being suspected, but judging from the thread at smogon it will definitely be banned.
>>
>>31259145
That guy was a complete retard
>>
>>31259196
I know, but it was funny to me. I've never won an elo hell match in such a way before.
>>
File: pinkuteamu.png (84KB, 1080x598px) Image search: [Google]
pinkuteamu.png
84KB, 1080x598px
I've been thinking about running a team like this. I don't like the double dragon, nor the 5 ice weaknesses, but I'm not sure what else to do because I'm being an uppity faggot that wants to stick to that theme of being a faggot on top of not using Tapus.
Please help me.
>>
>>31259457
>I'm not sure what else to do because I'm being an uppity faggot that wants to stick to that theme of being a faggot on top of not using Tapus.
That doesn't mean you have to build a bad team. You don't have to be a boring asshole who only uses top OU mons but you can build a solid team without having to use actually garbage.

And honestly the only tapu that's "hard" to not use is Fini because it's such great support for a lot of mons.

As far as that team goes, it's just bad. Are you trying to build around one mon or did you just slap some stuff together?
>>
What are the optimal IVs for tapu lele? Assuming hp fire why zero attack ivs?
>>
File: 1481731334297.gif (2MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481731334297.gif
2MB, 240x240px
Anyone else get nervous/stressed to play ladder? I can play games in succession fine, but I have a tough time actually getting started because I get anxious and put it off.
>>
What's the big Mantine build?
>>
>>31259676

Reduces damage from foul play and confusion.
>>
>>31259947
>Assuming someone is going to use foul play on Tapu Lele
>Implying confusion is relevant anymore
>>
>>31260029

It may only be a tiny factor barely worth caring about but its still a reason to set the attack IV to zero on showdown.
>>
>>31260029
There's literally zero benefit to higher attack and two decent reasons that may or may not come up in any of your matches.

It's suggested anyway because it's effortless to just set attack to 0 on showdown (it actually defaults it for you if your mon has no physical moves.)
>>
>>31259616
I honestly built it with pink pokemon in mind only. The Megachomp was because I felt I HAD to have a mega, but I'll swap it out for Bewear if that's any better. Honestly, the only really competitive Pokemon I could think of is Clefable and Chansey/Blissey, and I like Clefable more. Would you have a suggestion for my shit theme team?
>>
>>31260346
Go to UU, use a stall team and use Blissey/Slowbro/some fairy and go from there.
>>
>>31260454
But that would mean I wouldn't be able to use my boy Clefable because it won't ever fall from OU. And I'd like to use moon cancer whenever possible.
>>
File: no touch.jpg (126KB, 916x1104px) Image search: [Google]
no touch.jpg
126KB, 916x1104px
Is scarf lele the best revenge killer in OU right now?
>>
I want to build a Doubles team with the most obvious synergy in the game, Koko and A-Raichu

What else should be in? Good rain setter? I'm a scrubbb
>>
>>31260810
something to alleviate your ground weakness
>>
File: THE META ON ICE.png (643KB, 1748x1328px) Image search: [Google]
THE META ON ICE.png
643KB, 1748x1328px
>>31260565
Stats say yes
>>
>>31246198
>2017
>not using a Timid light ball Pikachu with Electro Ball and a Nuzzle Raichu as a 1-2 hole punch combo in doubles
>not wanting to be the very best like no one ever was
>>
>>31259920
I'd guess Roost/Scald/Defog/Toxic
>>
>>31214933
Outrage is useless, since you're choices use U-Turn.
>>
ded
>>
Tips on building these pokemon?
Bwear, Arcanine, A-Morowak, A-Muk
>>
File: 115_f2.png (198KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
115_f2.png
198KB, 475x475px
I never see people use Solgaleo or Lunala. They have really bad resitances so they can't be Uber but I don't see them in OU either, what gives?

Also why hasn't Kangahskhan dropped to OU yet?
>>
>>31264850
You don't see them in OU because they're not allowed in OU. Box legendaries are banned by default.

>They have really bad resitances so they can't be Uber
So you have no idea what you're talking about? Lunala alone has >20% usage in ubers.
>>
>>31261530
>Ferrothorn
>Sinnohan
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31261646

How does one get a Mantine in SM with Defog? Serebii says it learns it via HM in the Sinnoh games which would mean I can't import it to 5th gen and onward.
>>
>>31264893

How did the community decide to unban Kyurem-B then?
>>
>>31212957
Need help

Bred a Brave Poison Touch Alolan Muk 252 hp/252 Atk and it gets rekt on battlespot
I run into other players Muk and they can survive my garchomp eq and lele moonblast

What better set should I run?
>>
>>31224709
Ive been using flame charge, leech seed, toxic, and heavy slam in the tree with great success
>>
Why do people use Hydro Pump on AG over Scald?
>>
>>31265572
Teach it in DPPt, trade it to HGSS, transfer up from there.
>>
>>31265958
Why is AG banned from battlespot?
>>
>>31265590
Kyurem B was just that bad.
>>
>>31265958
scald is weak babby damage
hydro pump is beeg damage
>>
I want Lando-T banned, not because OP, but because of fucking unpredictable and he is in every team so I'm forced to get 4 pokemon with ICE COVERAGE JUST FOR THIS FUCKER
>>
Since pokemon mega evolve at the start of the turn now do I need to have Justified on Absol or is it okay to run Pressure? I got one in wonder trade and I'm thinking of breeding it
>>
What would be a good moveset for scizor?
>>
>>31270757
Justified is generally better in case you want to switch in on a weak knock off
>>
>>31224642
this set could be improved further for the sake of just 1v1ing other eeveelutions.
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Level: 30
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def /184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
I don't think there's an eeveelution that can kill this set in any less than 2 hits besides flareon, who drops the kill after a curse. Most special eeveelutions will still lose setup wars with it, and ones without setup moves can't break it. (the evs dodge the 2hko from leafeon's leaf blade, rest spdef)
>>
>Competitive
>Smogon

Lol chose one.
>>
I failed to reach 2700 coil in Suspect Ladder(barely got to 2500). Such a shame, I really wanted to vote in the first suspect of the new meta.
Anyway, I have no doubt that mechabug will be banned like always
>>
>>31271042
>vgc players use the smogon sim to practice
>smogon tournament players frequently play VGC, and visa versa
>being this assmad
>being this dumb
>>
File: 1471493916111.jpg (86KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471493916111.jpg
86KB, 480x640px
>tfw been playing competitive pokes for 10 years.
>tfw started on shoddy battle back in 07
>>
File: itfeelsinfinite.png (108KB, 475x711px) Image search: [Google]
itfeelsinfinite.png
108KB, 475x711px
Stuck in 1500's, any tips? I really like hyper offensive.
>>
>>31271890
Hoopa and Lele on the same team is a bad idea and A-Greninja really wants Specs or LO instead of Leftovers
>>
File: magearna.png (725KB, 1045x1517px) Image search: [Google]
magearna.png
725KB, 1045x1517px
What's the best set for Magearna?
>>
>>31271890
>Toadally awesome

10/10 already good to see another YGOfag

As for real suggestions, maybe LO on Ash-Greninja? Otherwise looks good.
>>
Is there any reason to use Suicune over Tapu Fini? He was my bro back in Gen 3 and I want to bottle cap him, but I don't know if he's worth using over Fini.

Also, is Mudsdale good? What does it usually run?
>>
>>31272077
Suicune has a scald that works. Otherwise there's no real reason, but I figure using one really good UUmon won't hurt your team that bad if the rest is great.
>>
File: seeing a special attacker like.gif (604KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
seeing a special attacker like.gif
604KB, 500x375px
What's the best substitute for Seismic Toss on cancer egge?
>>
>>31272317
There isn't a substitute other than maybe Toxic. I do remember Blissey running Fire Blast and Ice Beam back in D/P, but Chansey's SpA is horrendously low.
>>
Just want to say running Taunt on Tapu Lele is amazing.

Tapu Lele @ Eject Button
Ability: Psychic Terrain
Timid Nature
252SpA, 252Spe, 4SpD
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt

This is my Lele, and it wrecks shit online.
I use Eject Button to have Psychic Terrain up, then switch into Focus Sash Cloyster or Espeon with Psychium Z. You could easily change Eject Button for Life Orb, obviously.
>>
>>31273549
Scarf/specs feels better, dunno.
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.