[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Game Freak so obsessed with this typing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: 73965433.jpg (224KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
73965433.jpg
224KB, 1280x800px
>>
>>31210234
Those are Masudas first three Gens

He has a fetish
>>
Fantastic offensive typing. Both types back each other up very well.
>>
>>31210234
Inferape has no business being fighting.
>>
>>31210234
>using Japanese titles
Weeaboo detected
>>
>>31210254
all three fit fighting type perfectly fine

infernape and Blaziken were fine
emboar pushed it but blame the chinese girl who made it
>>
>>31210254
I think they wanted it to use monkey style martial arts
>>
>>31210234
They're not that obsessed. You're perfectly free to use some other Fire type in the game (barring Gen IV).

>>31210254
>Monkey King
>no business being fighting
What?
>>
>>31210272
Korean
>>
File: type1.png (30KB, 748x489px) Image search: [Google]
type1.png
30KB, 748x489px
>>
>>31210272
>blame the chinese girl who made it
>>31210479
>Korean
wat
>>
File: type2.png (33KB, 748x489px) Image search: [Google]
type2.png
33KB, 748x489px
>>
>>31210596
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lee_HyunJung
>>
Blaziken and Infernape are good. They both look cool, and doing the same type twice in a row is acceptable.

On the other hand, Emboar is fucking hideous, it's useless and it's the third in a row. It looks even worse compared to the wonderful Blaziken and Infernape.

Emboar was a mistake
>>
i guess there is a lot of scope for that type pairing in terms of design concepts
>>
I'd rather use Meganium that fucking Emboar, useless trash. Chikorita at least had super early access to razor leaf, this pig just eats shit because of its typing/speed and dies. When a grass type that only learns grass moves isn't the worst option for your starter, you fucked up.
>>
>>31210648
>TIL
thank you, anon
>>
File: hitchcock.png (84KB, 236x175px) Image search: [Google]
hitchcock.png
84KB, 236x175px
>gen 7 was the first gen since gen 2 to have no Fighting type starters

I actually like Emboar the most of the three Fire/Fighting ones, and like Chesnaught more than all three, go figure.
>>
>>31210234
You forgot Incineroar
>b-but fire/dark!
Incineroar is literally 100% a fire/fighting type starter in all but typing.
>>
>>31210983
>Incineroar is literally 100% a fire/fighting type starter in all but typing.

>Incineroar is literally 100% a fire/fighting type

> in all but typing.

> literally 100%

> Except for where it isn't

Retarded or Autistic? Which is it?
>>
File: child with autism.jpg (28KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
child with autism.jpg
28KB, 300x225px
>>31210983
>>
>>31210983
"It's a 100% fire/fighting type except it isn't a fire/fighting type."
>>
>>31210762

>he likes emboar
>he likes chesnaught

shit taste.
>>
I like all three of them, but I prefer Emboar over any of them. As a kid when I played Pearl countless times, I always picked Chimchar to wreck Roark, but I never really knew what it was based on.
>>
The only benefit Fire/Fighting has going for it now is that it neutralizes Fairy damage. Other than that, it's an okay dual typing; just got tired of seeing it three generations in a row.

We haven't even got a Fire/fighting Pokemon that isn't also a starter either.
>>
>>31211777
>The only benefit Fire/Fighting has going for it now is that it neutralizes Fairy damage.
Thats actually the neutrality to Stealth Rock. Fairy neutrality is a disadvantage as all the Fire/Fighting starters used to resist Fairy until they evolved.
>>
>>31210234
I'm surprised they didn't make Incineroar Fire/Fighting.
>>
>>31210648
>she's Korean
woops my bad
>>
>>31210762
Way to single yourself out, barabait.
>>
>>31211878
True, but I'd rather have neutrality than having another type being SE against Fire/Fighting. Not to mention, thankfully Infernape can learn Poison Jab to quickly pick of Fairies.
>>
>>31210983
so you're saying aside from the typing, the typing is the same? ok anon, now go take your medication
>>
I never understood all the anger about the Fire/Fighting starters since, as pointed out, they also had 3 pure Grass and Water starters.

For me they work just fine because design-wise they all have totally a different animal basis and body build. Emboar is a bit too close to Infernape in terms of the Chinese mythology inspiration maybe, but that aside I think it's fine. Honestly I wouldn't mind to seeing them do one based off the Sand Monk from Journey to the West since they already made 2 of the 3 anyway.
>>
>>31211941
Why mention Poison Jab when Infernape also gets Gunk Shot?
>>
>>31212007
For me, Emboar is no longer at the bottom of my least favorite fire starter now that Incineroar exists.
Goddamn even their names rhyme; ffs GF.
>>
>>31212010
Depends if you wanna risk accuracy for more power.
>>
>>31212039
>Lose 20% of the time because your attack missed or lose 100% of the time because you couldn't kill that Tokekiss in one shot.

Unless you're running Swords Dance to boost that Poison Jab, you should usually run the higher power move.
>>
File: 538.jpg (95KB, 421x834px) Image search: [Google]
538.jpg
95KB, 421x834px
>>31210983
>>
>>31210234

Emboar should have been Fire/Ground.
>>
>>31212364
It's partially based on a teapot IIRC, which is why it can learn Scald. Fire/Water probably makes more sense. Not seeing any connection to Ground here.
>>
>>31210234
Fire/Fighting starters always saved a slot on my team from just using a mono fighting type pokemon.

GameFreak knows what they are doing.
>>
File: fire_fighting.png (764KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
fire_fighting.png
764KB, 1200x960px
Why is /vp/ so butthurt by this typing?
>>
>>31213527
the same type is fine

the same type COMBINATION is what's bothersome
>>
>>31212385
its not a fucking teapot you goddamned autist
>>
>>31213549
This
There's half a gorillion pure water types but I don't think any of us are looking forward to another water/psychic type unless it's particularly unique
>>
>>31213549
Why is no one crying about the abundance of grass/poison or normal/flying?
>>
File: hypocrites.png (25KB, 1300x200px) Image search: [Google]
hypocrites.png
25KB, 1300x200px
>>31210234
>obsessed
>>
>>31213638
everyone does

but starters are more important than those to most people

>Tornadus is the only pure Flying type in existence
this has to change
>>
>>31213666
As >>31213638 shows, it's literally the 28th most common type combination. Take out 17 of those for pure types, and it's 11th on the list. Nothing to write home about.
>>
>>31213549
>the same type COMBINATION
Grass/nothing
Water/nothing

All Grass starters are Grass-type, that is obvious, no one is complaining about that. The point is three of them have the same typing.
All Fire starters are Fire-type, that is obvious, no one is complaining about that. The point is three of them have the same typing.
All Water starters are Water-type, that is obvious, no one is complaining about that. The point is three of them have the same typing.
>>
>>31213638
>>31213650
>implying literally anyone is okay with the amount of normal/flying, bug/flying, or grass/poison
Fuck off
>>
>>31210246
Was he the director of sun and moon?
>>31210254
I want a mega infernape that's fire/normal or some weird shit.
>>
>>31210648
Do you know the name of the guy who designed piplup and rowlet? I wanna see his other cute mons.
>>
How are we still bitching about this? It's been what, three years since the trend was broken? What d you want, OP, Satoshi Tajiri to travel back in time and erase Emboar from existence?
>>
>>31212385
Its a pig, and pigs roll in mud.
It's based off of a character from The Journey West that lived in water though, thats why it learns a water move.
>>
>>31210587
>>31210618
The difference is it wasn't 3 times in a row
>>
>>31210234
Rock-type Pokémon show up fairly commonly, and Fire is the only starter type with a weakness to Rock. Fighting both offsets the weakness and gives a super-effective STAB.

This is also why Combusken, Monferno, and Pignite all get their secondary typing, rather than waiting until the third stage.
>>
>>31213727
Yusuke Ohmura designed the piplup, oshawott, and froakie lines. Going by the pattern I'd assume he designed popplio, but its evolutions do seem out of his style while rowlet's line fits in more.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_niiamgxftd1rnnsez.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_niiamgxftd1rnnsez.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>31210983
>he thinks wrestling's real
>he doesn't know why incineroar is the heel pokemon
>>
>>31213751
It was almost immediately brought back again with Incineroar. We can only speculate, but I think it's very likely it WAS fire/fight at some point during development.
>>
>>31213791
Your logic falls apart in infernape's case because a fire starter in Sinnoh would already be set for major portions of the game, fighting is a cherry on top
>large grass/bug area
>huge ice mountain
>half of the game's gym leaders are weak to fire/fighting, while the piplup line only catches a break in the first gym
Emboar also had no good reason to be fighting type, since its typing is SE on three of the unova gyms while Water and grass were only effective on one gym each. On top of this Unova has only two rock type lines that appear in the wild if I recall correctly, Roggenrola and Seismitoad.
Blaziken seems to be the only Fire/Fighting type that really needed some sort of edge over Hoenn, because most of Hoenn is water. Fighting doesn't circumvent that, but it still helps in a few places.
>>
>>31214044
I almost wonder if they made Emboar part Fighting just so all three starters would be weak to Elesa.
>>
>>31214120
They would accomplish the same thing if we had a Fire/Bug starter
>>
>Incenaroar is basically fire/fighting but GF couldn't get their way because they knew itd be a shitstorm so they made it dark instead, but still made it looking as fighting type as possible

This shit is beyond retarded. Littens evo line was ruined thanks to that shit.
>>
>>31213880
>what is a heel
If you look at the concept art, it's pretty obvious that Incineroar's whole shtick was always "fights dirty." Which, coincidentally, is exactly what the Dark type revolves around.
>>
>>31210234
you know, without everyone bitching about it,fire/fighting is an amazing combination for physical sweepers.
Both Blaziken and Infernape are major threats in the competitive scene
>>
>>31214207
I, and I think many others, would be okay with a non-starter fire/fighting
>>
File: 1478550159840.png (153KB, 323x373px) Image search: [Google]
1478550159840.png
153KB, 323x373px
>>31210762
>tfw Fighting is my least favorite type
And Incineroar looks enough like a Fighting-type to me. I hate how they're incessant with pushing it.
>>
>>31213880

I don't. It takes a lot from wrestling Heels and straight up has black stripes. When Gen8 gives us a Fire/Fighting elephant we can go back to bitching but until then its over.
>>
>>31214144
Dark type is no different from Fighting outside of being dirty, unfair, and strength reliant.
>>
>>31214189

I tpoiny the point is, why even make it seem like it was fire/fighting again? Why make a fucking 2 stage cat pokemon jump onto 2 legs and turn into a fucking lucha libre? Why not a fire/dark cat with sound boost for a hidden ability? You could easily make a "dirty" dark based sound move and give him hyper voice to go with it. I mean hell, his name is fucking incenaROAR, yet he just lariats people.
>>
>>31214326
>turn into a fucking lucha libre
it was intended to be a heel wrestler
>>
>>31214579

It's a garbage concept that didn't need to happen
>>
>>31214621
spotted the owlfag
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.