[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people honestly believe that Decidueye will be in PU tier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: download (8).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Do people honestly believe that Decidueye will be in PU tier?

I get it, he's not the greatest. But PU? This guy is meh, but he's not Meganium-tier garbage.
>>
>>31208419
He'll either be in NU or UU. But PU? No way.
>>
>>31208419
> Weak to fire, dark, ghost, ice, bug, flying
That's about half of the elements in the game.

> Slow with mostly special situation moves

> Not very strong or very defensive, just middle of the road.

Yeah, it's not great for competitive.
>>
/vp/ is really bad at competitive. Maybe not as a whole but for some reason most of the people who go to threads to talk competitive don't know anything about Competitive.
>>
People usually just say it as a joke, though some might be serious because
>Slow grass type mixed attacker with mediocre bulk

I'm a poppliofag but Decidueye does have some use with moves like roost/defog/u-turn/etc. I can see it in RU maybe.
>>
>>31208428
I'm almost certain decidueye will remain UU for a while and then drop off to RU.
>>
People saying that are lashing out against the retards saying it was going to be a top tier Stallbreaker.
>>
>>31208419
Why is Game Freak so obsessed with shitting up mons by making them mixed attackers? Decidueye, Incineroar and Solgaleo's special attack could've gone towards different stats, as with Lunala's attack. Speed for Incineroar and possibly Decidueye, and defences for the others.
>>
There are only two /vp/ tiers

>OU
>PU
>>
>>31208569
80 special attack isn't really what I'd call mixed. Primarina only has 6 less points in attack and people don't call that a mixed attacker.
>>
>>31208419
I've been using a specially defensive set with defog to tank water hits aimed at my banded entei in UU. It performs pretty well, being able to trap water types with spirit shackle and then get rid of them with leaf blade. Have defensive snorlax to cover his Fire/Ice/Ghost weakness and it works wonders for me.
>>
File: 1427332278289.jpg (428KB, 675x512px) Image search: [Google]
1427332278289.jpg
428KB, 675x512px
>>31208441

>weak to bug
>>
>>31208448
it shows when /vp/ thought ash greninja would be a shitmon because there's NO WAY it can get kills without protean
>>
>>31208419
If fucking Typhlosion gets to be RU, Nu male owl is gonna be RU
>>
>>31208441
> 6/18 = about half
>>
>>31208419
hes not as bad as people think he is
not amazing but usable at least compared to other starters

Besides his speed being average
really just needs leech seed
Spirit shackle+leech seed would be pretty interesting .
>>
>>31208419
>OU
lol
>UU
unlikely, has a pretty piss poor matchup against most of gen 6 UU and the power levels are only going to increase.
>RU
likely, it generally fits in well with the bulky offence thematics there since that's what it likes to shit on, but the premier special threats there beat it straight up (meloetta comes to mind) and the physical ones are just too strong for it. Utterly dicks virizion so that's really nice.
>NU
If not RU definitely here, possibly even banned.
>>
>>31208632
Ok, let me rephrase what I said - ATTEMPTING to make them into mixed attackers when all they do is give the other offensive stat a useless amount of points that hinders several of its other stats. In Primarina's case, the diference between its special attack and attack is more than fifty points, much more than the four mons I mentioned in my first comment.
>>
>>31208419
IMO it'll be UU and useable in OU. It just has way too much utility and potential to be bad.

Long Reach will be great once released. A Choice Band set (Spirit Shackle, Leaf Blade, Brave Bird, U-turn) wouldn't have to worry about chip damage and other contact penalties. Safe and reliable is good in this meta. Ghost typing means it's untrappable, it can trap and pivot while your opponent can't, Ghost STAB is insanely spammable, etc.

The only thing holding it back is its stats. 530 BST is actually pretty high compared to the other Grass starters (most have 520), and it's close to the highest (535). I feel like GameFreak went out of their way to make it good, but were constrained by the fact that it's a starter. It needed more HP, say base 100, and less Speed.

How many other pokemon got this much love movepool-wise? Excluding legendaries and low-BST shitmons.
>>
>>31211268
I'm pretty sure Choice Band is one of the worst possible ways to use Decidueye.
>>
File: I_understand_everything_now.jpg (77KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
I_understand_everything_now.jpg
77KB, 575x350px
>>31208419
Doesnt another ghost grass exist in this gen. With an ability that gives it stab steel attacks? With greater physical attack and defense? An exclusive steel physical trapping attack too? Better speed for trick room shenanigans rather than a useless middling speed tier? Oh Dhelmise. I guess it's what nu-owls represents, a pokemon that gets cucked in the same gen it debuts in.
>>
File: RetardAlert.jpg (25KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
RetardAlert.jpg
25KB, 493x342px
>>31208441
>weak to bug
RETARD ALERT
>>
>>31209964
> kept myself in the dark pre Sun/Moon
> Didn't visit /vp/ either
> People thought ash-Ninja would be shit

Yeah sure, and Moxie is a bad ability too, right? Beast Boost sucks aswell. Goddamnit /vp/
>>
>>31208862
That's cool and all but what retard leaves a water type in so you can trap it
>>
Probably RU with infrequent use in UU
>>
>>31208448
True dat.
/thread
>>
>>31208441
>weak to bug

Wew

>5/18
>half

Wow you suck at math.
>>
I just use it as a Baton Passer and a Defogger. Its not the worst starter out there, but not OU/UU tier imo, maybe RU. Excluding Megas, most Starters are around the RU tier, so Decidueye is in the midpoint.
>>
>>31211962
chesnaught is uu
>>
>>31211993
Swampert is also UU.
>>
>>31208448
And they judge Pokemon solely off their tier in competitive stats too. You aren't allowed to like meganium apparently.
>>
>>31211962
Yeah, it goes something like this without Megas:

Ubers:
>Blaziken
>Greninja (ORAS)
OU:
>Serperior
>Greninja (SM)
UU:
>Swampert
>Chesnaught
>Empoleon
>Infernape
>Feraligatr
RU:
>Delphox
>Emboar
>Typhlosion
>Blastoise
>Venusaur
>Sceptile (technically BL3)
NU:
>Charizard
>Samurott
>Torterra
PU:
>Meganium

Dunno where Gen 7 starters fit here, but apparently Primarina is in OU for the time being (it will most likely drop to UU). Incineroar is pretty bad until it gets Intimidate. Decidueye has it usages, but it will probably end up as a Defogger.
>>
>>31212138
Primarina is already UU. It got an OU analysis, but is UU based on usage, and is doing fine in the UU alpha right now.
>>
>>31212138
Primarina is UU but is one of the best pokes in the tier. It's a like a Goodra/Azumarill hybrid. Incinerator and Decidueye will almost certainly drop to at least RU if not lower.
>>
File: 1481168383777.png (170KB, 384x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481168383777.png
170KB, 384x400px
>>31211268
>choice band spirit shackle
>>
>>31212138
Why is meganium PU, I thought it'sa decent tank/support? Why is Charizard, Samurott and Torterra in NU? (Competitive noob here)
>>
>>31212138
Really need to retest non mega Blaz
>>
File: Put me out.jpg (38KB, 255x315px) Image search: [Google]
Put me out.jpg
38KB, 255x315px
>>31211268
>movepool love
>Decidueye

It's movepool is confusing as fuck.
>Doesn't get Fly but can Roost, despite clearly being avian and flying during it's signature Z-move
>No Aerial Ace
>Doesn't get fucking Hyper Beam, like almost every fully-evolved Pokemon in the franchise does
>Gets Light Screen but not Reflect
>>
>>31212403
Non mega Blaziken destroys most if not all UBs in use. And if you don't put in Nihelago in first turn it sweeps.
Gen 7 made it better if anything
>>
>>31212417
Drampa gets hurricane and roost
I think Drampa and Volcarona only pokemon that learn it that dont get stab

>Still no Hurricane Zapdos or lugia
>>
>>31212390
Everything Meganium does other pokemon do better. Also it has a garbage movepool with no coverage moves and its support is done better by stuff like Roserade and Vileplume.

Charizard has poor stat distribution and is crippled by Stealth Rock. Having 100 speed makes it fare poorly in higher tiers too. Genrally outclassed by Delphox.

Samurott alos has a bad case of poor movepool and its abilities aren't good either. To be fair, it is one of the best pokemon in NU, though, and is perfectly usable in RU with a little bit of support. Usually outclassed by stuff like Cloyster and Feraligatr.

Torterra is another one of those pokemon where you could use it in RU but you'll need some support. It has great coverage but, again, poor stat distribution. It can do support or offensive set reasonably well, but support moves are outclassed by stuff like Roserade and Gligar, while offensive sets are outclassed by Rhyperior and Virizion.

Basically, in a nutshell, all of them are outclassed by better stuff in UU and RU.
>>
>>31208419
Yes /VP/ is that retarded
Now it's not exceptional at anything it does, but thinking a pokemon with the ability to trap any threat it wants, hard set up and use choice scarf extremely well to be that low has to be either pure retardation or just straight salty ignorance, it's UU tier all around
>>
>>31212390
Charizard is quad weak to Stealth Rock, which alone is a huge disadvantage. On top of that, 100 base speed and 109 Sp. Atk arent anything special anymore, and its bulk isnt enough to save it. All in all, its just too weak to common attacking types, can lose half its health on switch in, and is neither bulky enough to tank hits nor fast and powerful enough to outspeed and eliminate threats. Of course, its Megas make up for a lot of its shortcomings, but OP was ignoring megas.

As for the other three:

Samurott has good mixed attacking stats at the cost of meh speed, bulk, and movepool. Most Grass types can deal with it, and anything fast and strong can take it out with a super effective hit.

Meganium is bulky, but its bulk isnt amazing enough to cover for grass being a terrible typing on its own. Plus, its a pretty meh mixed attacker and mwh speed. Plus, there are other mons that get pretty much the same support moves it has but better with types, stats, and abilities.

Torterra has similar bulk but more killing power than meganium, but is really slow, weaker on its special side, and while the ground type gives it offensive abilities, it adds both more resistances and more weaknesses, while not helping with the ones grass already had other than poison. As such, a strong special fire, flying, or especially ice move can revenge kill it.

All in all, none of them have rediculously strong stats, abilities, or movepool choices that make up for their shortcomings, and dont offer a niche that isnt already covered by something better with the above things.
>>
>>31208419
Ru at best
>>
>>31208419
Incineroar is the worst g7 starter. Even with Intimidate, it's outclassed by Arcanine.
>>
>>31210322
Compared to the horrible Incineroar, yeah he's not that bad. But he's certainly worse than Primarina.
>>
>>31208419
Because people are retarded. Decidueye is literally in OU right now.
>>
>>31215229
doesn't mean it's gonna stay there though
>>
>>31215240
So? It's a fact that Decidueye is OU, and that automatically makes Decidueye superior to the vast majority of starters, and even grass type pokemon. It's a powerful pokemon after all.
>>
>>31215229
It's not. It lasted for two days
>>
>>31215257
Please stop posting right now you're making us look bad
decidueye being in OU means it has a niche good enough to be there for a while it means nothing else
>>
>>31212466
Buzzwole gets Roost too. And I'm pretty sure Mew does too.
>>
>>31215257
It's in the heavily restricted non-bank OU in the heavily biased first month of usage stats. Lycanroc got more use than Decidueye, and that things literally NU garbage, because it's a popular Pokemon. Decidueye is OU because it's popular. Primarina was within 0.2% of the OU line and Inceroar 0.9% below. The starters got high OU usage in prebank because they're starter Pokemon.

Even if you somehow want to argue against that point, everyone remotely competitive actually plays on the post-bank ladder instead (we're talking single digit number of high level pre-bank players on Showdown, everyone who wants to play competitive prebank plays on cart), so prebank OU stats are pretty much a list of what casual players use the most rather than competitive ones.
>>
>>31211541
FUCKING DELETE THIS!

I FUCKING HATE YOU LELEFAGS
>>
Anything can be OU in terms of usage, where it fits in at though without getting shitted on? Probably mid/high RU or lower middle UU tier. It's pretty nice at support but trapping is bland on this thing since it's not strong enough to deal decisive damage, weak to quite a few relevant typing's alongside the fact that it has shit bulk and it's HA isn't doing anything to improve it when it get's released.
>>
>>31214686
That's wrong tho.
>>
>>31215406
This.

It's like people forget OU means OverUsed and not "S+ Tier". Sure generally only top tier pokemon are generally there but it also means with new toy syndrome, things can be popular when fucking everyone is trying to experiment and play around with them.

It's also these people that forget there are UU and lower pokemon that are still viable in OU and Ubers because they have niches that can deal with some common threats there
>>
>>31215406
Nigga you better be talking about moon lycanrock here. Sun lycanrock dropping below uu is unrealistic. If it did would likely end up banned from ru
>>
>>31211268
All other grass starters have a BST of either 525 or 530 except serp at 528.
>>
>>31216057
Reminds me of this
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue36/overrated-ru
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.