[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is night time in these games just daytime with the lights on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1464590439020.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464590439020.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>31208056
>gen 6
>effort

Oh I'm laughing
>>
There is only so much space on that little cart.

Nighttime that's actually dark is probably not a high priority for Gamefreak. Who is probably more worried about making all those Pokemon models animate as much as they can.
>>
>>31208069
Yeah because gen 7 has so much effort in it right?
>>
>>31208285
Exactly, it has.
>>
i mean shit gen 2 was the same way, but that was before they added the back light so of course night in the game looked much darker
>>
File: kidding.jpg (141KB, 1225x706px) Image search: [Google]
kidding.jpg
141KB, 1225x706px
>>31208601
>gen 2 was the same way
>>
>>31208552
Empty towns with buildings you cant enter
Little to no post game again
Very few models for character, some even redrawn and slapped with new name to pretend its a different trainer class (see Skulls and punks, or golfers and beauties)
Pointless Pokefinder
Festival Plaza being shit
Removing triples, rotations and hordes
Low number of new mons again
No actual dungeons, all small caves filled with Zubats and digletss
poor pokemon distribution in the game
Fishing is the worst in Pokemon history
Zygarde story still unfinished and unexplained
Ultra Beasts get shit for story, only Nihilego has some meaning, rest is just "lol catch em at full health because Beast balls are OP"
Ultra Space is one corridor
Visiting other world in the game results only in time change and getting extra Cosmog, thats literally all

etc, etc, etc
>>
>>31208741
Didn't read, but Alola didn't release the game with the main attraction with a save corrupting bug that affected many that would have costed GF a lot of fucking money if not being on the 3ds

Also Kalos route 13/badlands is probably the most barren place in all of Pokémon

Don't forget how 2 of the landmarks in Kalos are the tiniest fucking caves with one room and nothing else in it asides from a single Pokémon or a mega stone
>>
>>31208741
>insulting Alola for not finishing a story that Kalos introduced
>>
>>31208802
Dude, XY was the first 3ds game, GF still worked their asses off to change the style in to 3d. Of course it was flawed, just like DP was

SM was supposed to be 20th annivesary game, 3rd 3ds game in general and they've had 2 yearss break to make this game aswell. And hey failed. The game is as flawed as XY

Now compare SM to BW and see where the reall effort was
>>
>>31208056
Because that's how it should be. A gimmick shouldn't hinder the game.
>>
>>31208845
>Alola
>Kalos
Its all GF and that GF decided to put Zygarde in SM. Its their mistake that wasnt corrected but thats only one example how poor SM is
>>
>>31208874
>It looks bad on the region that had to pick up the pieces
>not the region that caused the mess
>>
>>31208886
Of course it looks bad in SM because it's all a janky mess of things GF tried to force in without thinking.
>>
>>31208856
>shitty chibi overworld
>3D experience

The battle models were really good, but the overworld already looks like total shit. Also you don't release a well tested/cared for product with the mode easily accessible bug in Pokémon history with the largest consequences do you. It has nothing to do with 3D the save glitch, just bad programming
>>
>>31208910
Yes, it is receiving the consequences of Kalos's shitty unfinished narrative by trying to resolve it
>>
>>31208886
What mess are you talking about? Zygarde in XY was supposed to be just a tease just like Rayquaza in RS, Giratina in DP, Kyurem in BW and Necrozma in SM.
It was meant to be explored later and guess what: SM failed in that regard
>>
>>31208856
I consider SM more flawed than gen 6. Menus, saving, and everything else was super fast. Coming into gen 7 we have to wait to save again, 10 fps battles, and sometimes even waiting 7 seconds before the move you selected goes.
>>
>>31208939
The problems with solving the problems on a different generation away in a different fucking continent

Was SM fsupposed to be X and Y's 3rd version while trying to create its own game with a much more expanded story and it's fault is shoving Zygarde to the side unlike every other gen that resvisited the region with the cockteased Pokémon as its premise
>>
>>31208735
well mind you I was about 10 or 11 playing these games so i may not remember it fully well as you do.
>>
>>31208971
You still missing the point

Its not Kalos did this, Alola did that. Its Gamefreak. They're doing the games and they still decided to use Zygarde in SM for a reason
>>
>>31208939
>Gen 3 finished its story line in a 3rd version
>Gen 4 finished its story line in a 3rd version
>Gen 5 finished its story line in direct sequels
>Gen 6 didn't finish its story
>Gen 7 had to finish gen 6's in a rushed matter in the first released games

Wow fuck gen 7 right?
>>
>>31208552
It really doesn't it. At first I thought the honeymoon phase was a meme, but seeing how retards such as you have clouded judgement just because "it's new so it must be good xDDD" proves otherwise.
>>
>>31208856
DP was fucking amazing and Platinum fixed most the minor issues like surf speed.
>>
>>31209085
>that elite 4 level curve
>the Pokémon distribution
>can't even get/show off cross evos until postgame (or even need to transfer)
>Gardena's gym puzzle perspective bullshit
>locking you of Old Cheatue until postgame for no reason for a level 20 rotom
>Cyrus's End is just walking away after losing a Pokémon battle and is just bitter after giving you all the tools to free his enslaved legendary
>Last gym leader only use 2 of his type with his ace being a route 1 shitmon
>Surf speed reduced to walking speed for no reason

Platinum was a great game but DP weren't and Platinum needed to change a lot
>>
>>31208741
And yet that has nothing to do about how darker night looks comparing gen VI with SuMo
>>
>>31209047
Lick my vajayjay under the moonlight, grumpy phanpy. Why so sad?
>>
>>31208285
No, it doesn't. Recent games lack effort.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.