[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reason why Pokeshipping endures in the fandom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: 578842.jpg (64KB, 374x292px) Image search: [Google]
578842.jpg
64KB, 374x292px
Things to remember about pokeshipping

1. Misty’s feelings for Ash are genuine and are present in the original subs.
2. The only girl Ash ever got jealous over was Misty.
3. This jealousy was presented on at least three occasions and once nearly cost him his life/safety.
4. Misty has saved Ash’s life multiple times.
5. Other than a CotD, Misty is the only girl whose appearance has enamored Ash.
6. And to add to that, Ash has not shown romantic interest in anyone to such a degree since the OS.
7. Pokeshipping is the only Ash ship to be considered mutual on-screen, even without a confession.
8. Ash and Misty’s friendship/crushes developed naturally over the course of time that fans can account for. They are friends with crushes, not romantic interests.
9. Misty’s unique cheering tactic has caused Ash to win a gym battle.
10. Misty has referred to Ash as her burden, or else claimed that he’s never alone because he’ll always have her.
11. Multiple third parties have claimed that there’s something romantic between them. Not just one, not two, not three either, but many.
12. Misty’s feelings for Ash have been shown to endure beyond her leaving as a main cast member.
13. Ash promised Misty that they would meet again, and they have on multiple occasions.
14. Also it’s stated in canon that Ash talks about Misty a lot to his AG friends, May and Max, possibly the only character to receive such gratification (or else, one of the only few).
15. Misty’s momentos/gifts were seen in more than one of the follow-up series/sagas. Brock’s were not.
16. Misty is the only character whose goodbye propelled Ash into tears or sadness.
17. Ash is shown to be so protective of the lure Misty sent him that he won’t even let another friend hold it.
>>
i fucking hate amourshipping too but come on man, misty's dead
>>
>>31206076

Okay but nobody cares.
>>
Back to /padt/
>>
>>31206076
Serena > Misty
>>
>>31206076
Ash is a completely different person in X and Y. Has anyone else noticed the gigantic personality change?
>>
>>31206283
Ash's personality changes each saga, why is this a surprise? Its always happened.
>>
>>31206076
That Ash is dead and so is Misty. They're never coming back, so don't try and live in the past.
>>
>>31206076
Each version of Ash married the girl correspondent to the season. There, now everyone is happy.
>>
>>31206076
>1. Misty’s feelings for Ash are genuine and are present in the original subs.
I think you mean dub, and if that' so way to go with making everything else irrelevant so quickly.
>>
File: 14734235871 p1.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
14734235871 p1.webm
3MB, 720x406px
>>31206283
>>
>Timeline A Ash: OS - BW
>Timeline B Ash: XY - present; 20th movie is going to be the origin story of Timeline B Ash
Screencap this.
>>
>>31206076
>1.
http://pokeshipping.tumblr.com/post/32828840045/playfulmist-takeshi-shud%C5%8Ds-blogs
>>
>>31206076
Pokeshipping is dead, Anon.
>>
>>31206560
Except XY is a continuation of BW
>>
>>31206596
>>31206596
It's a continuation of Timeline B's BW.
>>
>>31206570
That whole blog also describes why Amourshipping is shit.
>>
File: honkrena.png (23KB, 99x152px) Image search: [Google]
honkrena.png
23KB, 99x152px
>>31206076
Misty hasn't been a regular on the show for 15 years.

Give it a fucking rest already.
>>
>>31206618
Then you should say timeline A is OS - DP and B is BW - present.
>>
File: 1479928834359.png (38KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1479928834359.png
38KB, 633x758px
>>31206076
You tell them OP!
>>
>>31206630
Don't worry, Serena will catch up to her soon
>>
>>31206636
No. Each timeline has its own OS, AG, DP, BW, XY, and now SM. But the anime showed us the OS - BW of one universe, and then switched to show the XY onward of the other universe. The first universe still continued after the shift of focus, and the second universe had already been going on before the shift.
>>
>>31206076
>watching the dub
>>
>>31206076
>Misty’s feelings for Ash are genuine and are present in the original subs.
Stopped reading right there
>>
mmmmmmmisty
>>
>>31206076
I mean all this is true, but she's not coming back. Just has the biggest fanbase.
>>
>>31206076

Fuck off. Based Shukichi Kanda didn't want it in 1st place, and 2nd, Kanda and staff already decided Ash's endgame for the future. If you want something who feels like Pokeshipping, then go and watch fucking Ranma 1/2, Oreimo, Mazinger Z (the 1972 version), root for Keikoshit in Yu Yu Hakusho, root for Chihiro in TWGOK or root for the gorilla in Nisekoi.
>>
>>31206630
Do you have a larger version of your pic?
>>
Friendly reminder that Misty is literally the only character Ash actively tried to ditch.
>>
>>31210871

And the only character Ash tried to punch. Remember Electric Shock Showdown. He was about to make Koji Kabuto (AKA the most sexist MC of anime) have a run of his money if it wasn't for Nurse Joy's interference.

Misty was literally an unsufferable cunt just like Akane. Even other tsundere characters like Chitoge or Asuka were likeable because they had excuse to act the way they acted towards their love interests... however, Misty had zero excuses besides "m-muh appeal to feminazi audience".
>>
File: thisisbait.png (247KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
thisisbait.png
247KB, 600x511px
>This many people are seriously responding to a tumblr post copypaste.
>>
Wow poor shitrena.

Misty, beauty and personality always win.
>>
This is my pokemon OTP, but it's deader than dead. We need to move on. Misty is never coming back. ;_;7
>>
>>31211409
She'll come back before poorena, at least.
>>
>>31211392

In both she loses to Serena. She looks and acts manly in 99 out of 100 times. Just like all those "modern tsundere". Having a personality doesn't mean being feisty, feminazi towards certain type of boys and call herself a tomboy.

It's all Go Nagai, Rumiko Takahashi and Kimagure Orange Road creator's fault that "modern tsundere" became a blimp since 1987...
>>
>>31211427

She'll come back... only to be buried by Based Shukichi Kanda.
>>
>>31206630
Hell, she hasn't been referenced since DP.
>>
Wow this sub is absolutely pathetic. Pokemon is a dead anime with absolutely no care or respect for any semblance of good plot or character design. There's zero purpose to shipping any characters in this long dead anime because next season another copy and paste girl will fill the role. This series (if you can even call it that) exists in an eternal vacuum, free from time and space that allows its main character to remain a static, lifeless drone. Sure, as fans of the original season of the show, we all root for this anime to succeed at least in partially due to the fact we want closure. Have Ash win it, retire, and fuck Misty's brains out and have a bunch of kids back in Kanto. You won't get that though because this anime is doomed to be a slave to the video games. Each new iteration demands another mediocre and lifeless season to be handed to us on a shit covered plate. Nothing will change, we will die before any kind of major plot development happens in the pokemon anime.
>>
>>31206076
Consider how everyone just dies after they leave Ash, Misty has the best chance, because IF Ash ever does achieve his goal and go home, Misty will be right there. Unlike Serena, who's in Hoenn or Johto.
>>
>>31206076
I love pokeshipping and even I hate fags trying to squash all his other potential gfs.
Rocket shopping is a better example of an enduring ship.
>>
>>31206630
I miss her. I hope if they cover the battle tree she shows up.
>>
>>31211734
>inb4 Serena fucks Alain
>>
I remember hearing that the first like half of season 1 the OG writer wanted to make an interesting series with actual plot,character development, etc. Excecs shut it town and turned the show into brainless formulaic BS. I think it shows- the first like 10 or so episoed especially when they had no idea what the hell they were doing is nothing special but at least somewhat genuine.

Course the real reason Pokeshipping is so huge is Gunwunners. Although I thought they had kinda faded out of the limelight by Gen5, maybe I just avoid the places where they lurk. Eh, still good for some late 90s/early 00s nostalgia.
>>
>tfw you realise that even though Misty is the superior girl, you have no vested interest in who Ash fucks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A47p97Qzl1A

Really marinates my turkey.
>>
>>31211734
Honestly this. I don't like Misty, I think she's a bitch, but she's more memorable due to the fact that she was the first female protagonist in the show. You think when the anime ends in season 56 or whatever, they'll really go back to some random girl from Gen 6? The "based director" will probably be dead by then.
>>
>>31206076
Isn't Misty banging Tracey now?
>>
>>31206383
>Multiples of Ash
>It's part of why their characterization is inconsistent: some clones come out better than others
>Also why they leave their pokemon behind each region: because it technically belongs to the other ash with Pikachu being understood as 'shared'
>>
I like this pairing too, but you need to let it die, OP. Take comfort in the fact that she's at least more likely to appear again than Shitrena.
>>
File: kissu.jpg (249KB, 850x1148px) Image search: [Google]
kissu.jpg
249KB, 850x1148px
>>31206076
>>
File: 1479084976748.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479084976748.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>>31206283
>>31206313

He's still the same character in the same show thats still in the same genre. That only thing thats changed is the times

Hot headed, hard headed young male leads were a product of the 90's.
>>
>>31216341
>Hot headed, hard headed young male leads were a product of the 90's.
>>
>>31217693
>>
>>31211074
"Feminazi audience," ??

Dude this was the early 90's and 2000's, they were just tomboys and Japan hated any form of dominant girl. She has her flaws, but her character wasnt written to appease the US second wave feminist moms, jeez.
>>
No one will come back, no one will win the Ashbowl. Leave that hope behind before you get hurt.
>>
File: SadSatoshi.png (2MB, 1431x840px) Image search: [Google]
SadSatoshi.png
2MB, 1431x840px
>>31210871
And the only character he actually gave two shits about leaving.
>>
>>31207025
>>31206506
So show of hands, who here has actually watched the OS entirely in Japanese? Because this meme is hilariously EOP.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.