[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ideas for making competitive play better for the next game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_inline_mv0xwgmK5a1r9lhsj.png (33KB, 492x152px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mv0xwgmK5a1r9lhsj.png
33KB, 492x152px
>Rock types now resist themselves, Electric and Fairy type moves. Make Rock types great again
>Rock types also eliminate Stealth Rock when sent out
>Stealth Rock is nerfed, Pokemon with a double weakness to Rock will lose 37.5% of their health instead of half, and the rest of the calculation changes are done with that in mind.
>Ground types eliminate Spikes when sent out
>Bug types eliminate Sticky Web when sent out
>Scald is nerfed, It's power drops to 70 and it's chances of burn decrease to 10%, but now does Super effective damage to Ice types.
>Ice types now resist Water type moves (except Scald)
>Eviolite is nerfed to increase defenses of unevolved Pokemon by 30% instead of 50%

Any thoughts? Also any other changes you would personally like to see?
>>
no one cares
>>
Better idea here.
5th gen mechanics.
>>
>>31202472
>Rock types now resist themselves, Electric and Fairy
Agree on electric, but not on fairy, and iffy about self-resistance. If anything rock should resist bug, but bug has suffered too much as it is
>Rock types eliminate SR when sent out
They eliminate SR before of after taking damage? this is important
>SR nerfed to 37.5% damage on pokemon x4 times weak to rock.
Don't see the need for this if rock types remove them on the switch, as long as access to the move is limited, like sticky web.
>Ground types eliminate Spikes when sent out
I can get behind poison types absorbing poison needles from the battlefield and rock types absorbing or cleaning sharp rocks, but I'm not so sure about ground types removing spikes, considering flying is already immune to it, unlike SR which nothing is immune to (inb4 magic guard). If anything, limit spikes to pokemon that strictly have spikes or needles in their design
>Bugs eliminate Sticky Web when sent out
Again I don't see the need. Is a move with limited distribution and flying is immune to it already. Yeah I know I said I'm ok with toxic spikes being absorbed by a pokemon with a poisonous body, but I don't see the logic behind any bug absorbing sticky goo spread in the ground.
>Scald nerfed to 70 bp and burn to 10%, but now SE on Ice
I agree except I would settle in a 20% burn chance
>Ice resist Water (except Scald)
I agree
>Eviolite nerfed to 30% instead of 50%
No idea about this. Why?
>>
>>31202780
>Agree on electric, but not on fairy, and iffy about self-resistance. If anything rock should resist bug, but bug has suffered too much as it is
If Rock types were to resist Bug type moves, then I propose removing a resistance from one of the other types that resist Bug, debating between Poison or Fairy
>They eliminate SR before of after taking damage? this is important
They don't take damage from SR
>I agree except I would settle in a 20% burn chance
I'll settle on this too as long as Freeze Dry is given a 20% chance to freeze as well.
>No idea about this. Why?
Because fuck Chansey
>>
>>31202780
>No idea about this. Why?
Make crossgen evos a thing again
>>
>>31204699
I'd love that desu, but I don't think eviolite being as it is is the reason GF doesn't make mote of those.

Being honest, what other pokemon that could potentially receive a crossgen evo would be as good or as eclipsing of its evo as chansey or porygon2 are? most mons would be better off in their final form instead of running the currrnt eviolite, AS LONG as gamefreak puts stat increases were they matter.
>>
>>31202472
agree on everything except rock self resist. Scald also does not need all the changes listed, but I'd be happy to see them implemented if it meant scald would be killed. Burn chance is the main thing that needs to be lowered.

Also if sneaky pebs can be removed by rock then potentially it wouldn't need to be nerfed that hard.

Also some more changes
>bug is no longer resisted by fighting or ghost
>bug is now super effective on fairy
>Ice now resists water
>Introduce new, more accurate physical moves for rock and fairy
>>
>>31203266
Chansey is not that bad. It and pory2 are the only Mons that utilize it.
>>
>>31202479
Fuck you, I care (not op)
>>
>>31202472
Ban Regenerator so that stall is never played again. I don't care how many fun builds are caught in the crossfire, stall needs to go.
>>
They need to give some of the Gen 1 mons better stats
The powercreep is real
>>
>>31205053
It is if you're Blissey. Make Blissey great again

Porygon2 is acceptable because Porygon-Z has a totally different function And is still better
>>
If you want to make the game better in one simple step, remove abilities. I know they add a lot to the game but more mons would be viable if they didn't exist, the greater good and all that

>no beast boost
>no -ate abilities
>no tapu surges
>>
>>31202472
>wanting stall to be even better than it already is

stop with this meme
>>
>>31202472
Nerf water and make fairy resist dragon instead of being immune and it sounds alright.
>>
>>31207913
this would make the game horrifically boring and kill so many mons
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.