[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 8 Starters: Hopes and Wishes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

File: Gen 8.jpg (213KB, 1387x410px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 8.jpg
213KB, 1387x410px
What are your hopes for the gen 8 starters? Any animal you want to see represented?

>Grass Rabbit
>Fire Bear
>Water Dragon slug
>>
I want a grass starter that is an actual blade of grass
I want a fire starter that is an actual ember
I want a water starter that is an actual drop of water
>>
It'll be a water hippo
>>
Grass Elephant
Fire Ox
Water Dolphin
>>
>>31198601
I want a fire salamander tbqh.
>>
>>31198601
>dragon type starter
NEVER EVER
>>31198618
You know, despite being called the Grass type, there is not a single Pokemon out there that is actual grass.
>>
>>31199840
What about Gogoat who has a grass coat growing on it?
>>
>>31198601
Water fish, but with legs.
Fire man.
Grass.
>>
>>31199880
>Literally just a square foot of grass with eyes

>Rotom-M will be in your rival's party
>>
>>31199880
>water fish but with legs
>is a literal fish with legs
oh my god yes
>>
>>31198601
I wouldn't mind a grass rabbit as long as it eventually became a jackalope.
>>
>>31199935
>Evolves into patch of grass with a rock in it
>>
Gen 8 set in Africa

Grass Rhino (Becomes Grass/Ground)
Fire Zebra (Becomes Fire/Electric)
Water Hippo (Becomes Water/Poison)
>>
>>31199961
>Final evo is a patch of grass with TWO rocks in it
Genius
>>
>>31199979
>electric type zebra
this sounds familiar
>>
>>31199979
Wasn't there some anon that had some train of thought linking past pokemon games set in specific regions with gen 8 being set in Australia?
>>
I want a grass bun so bad.

I wanna fight through next gen with a mon that reminds me of my pet. Lopunny and Diggersby just... don't feel lapin enough I guess. They're like backyard weed eaters with long faces, I want something that looks more along the lines of a short faced netherland dwarf lop or miniature short haired rex rabbit. Something that isn't just shit brown with weird fur puffs.
>>
grass/dark opossum that camouflages as a hanging leaf when hunting
>>
if there was a fire bear, it would be the first time ever id be picking the fire starter
>>
I want a fire/fairy pegasus or unicorn
>>
>>31198601
>Grass Rabbit
I'm ready for the Grass-type furbait
>>
>>31200406
Only if it's bipedal.
>>
will probably follow the Cool, Macho, and Femine tempate they've been using since Gen vi, or arguably Gen v

Fire starter will be based on Chinese Zodiac, being the cool slim one (has yet to fit into that trope yet) - Snake

Water will be a bulky macho fucker as the two latest ones have been cool and feminine - Hippo

Grass will be token girl choice despite the gender ratio bullshit - Deer
>>
File: 1482516897504.png (29KB, 159x168px) Image search: [Google]
1482516897504.png
29KB, 159x168px
>>31198601
>Grass Rabbit
>Charmander
>Water Elephant

These are the ones I'd like to see, I think.
>>
>Grass type sloth that becomes a humble and happy bear/sloth hybrid that's Grass/Psychic

>Fire snake that becomes a reverse Serperior that has three heads, two legs, and two arms. Would be a favorite if Fire/Fighting

>Water snail where the Pokemon is the shell and it evolves to become a Water/Rock fortress towed around by a slug
>>
>>31198601
Bear isn't in the zodiac
>>
>>31198601
But the animal on the right is highly venomous. Poison/water makes more sense.
>>
File: IMG_2218.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2218.png
115KB, 238x326px
>>31198618
>>31199821
>Want to say "Inb4 morons who think non-amphibious Water starter will be a thing!"
>Never gonna happen
>>
>>31199840
He wasn't referring to the starters typing, just the animal that it would be based on, which is the Glaucus Atlanticus, which looks like a dragon slug.
>>
>>31198601
If it's in Australia

>A grass/fighting type Kangaroo
>A fire/steel or rock type Snake
>A water/poison type Platypus

If it is in Russia

>A grass/dark type Bat
>A fire/rock type Ram
>A water/ice type wolf
>>
>>31198601
>Fire bear
You better mean that you want a fire tank rather than fire glass cannon #8. In that case, sure.

What I want though is
>A Grass type that's a jungle tree with long vines, evolves into a Grass/Electric with good attack and hp that slaps people with it's electric vines that look and also function like extension cords
>Going off >>31198618 A fire type that starts out as a floating ember, evolves into a will o wisp, and last evolution is a fire/ghost that has a humanoid shape (Why the FUCK has this not been done already? There's already the move Will o Wisp)
>Water type that's basically a sea snake with legs and no one knows why it has legs but it does, evolvutions make it water/poison look more mutated, giving it arms, then making it really big while it's head, spine, tail still look like it's one long snake.
>>
>>31199840
Dhelmise is kinda, its the green grass on the anchor
>>
File: sable-antelope.jpg (84KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
sable-antelope.jpg
84KB, 736x588px
>>31198601
>Fire/Ground Dromaeosaurid.with 10 horns on the back of its head,resembling a crown.Ability: Tough Claws

>Water/Electric plantigrade leopard.Ability:Regenerator

>Grass/Water Sable Antelope Ability:Adaptability.
>>
Fire snake for gen 8, please. Don't really give a shit about the other two, but if we got a fire snake and a water marine iguana I think I'd die.

Also I'd would kill for a central/south american region
>>
>>31198601
>Gen 8 in Brazil
>The only starter you get turns into a literal cancer cell
>>
File: 580165206.jpg (10KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
580165206.jpg
10KB, 125x125px
I want a fire starter that it just gets bigger and stay on 4
Also i want my starters to look as male-ish looking as they can be and as feral as they can get, i ain't no furry nor a huge faggot as to be using a girly looking pokemon.
I'm also playing as the female MC because i want to look at something nice while i play
rate my bait ;)
>>
File: I3O3TRT.jpg (95KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
I3O3TRT.jpg
95KB, 500x335px
I'm going full autism and giving my regional staples. Not just starters.

>Starters
Grass > Grass > Grass/Fighting
Calf > Bull > Minotaur
Fire/Fighting happened 3 times in a row. There is no reason to suspect we wont get another /Fighting starter sometime.

Fire > Fire > Fire/Fairy
Rabbit.
Magician related design elements.

Water > Water > Water/Steel
Squid with elements of
Sharp object >Hook > Harpoon

>Common Tropes
Early Route Bird:
3-Stage Normal/Flying Blue Jay. Maybe Flying/Ice?

Early Route Normal-Type:
2 Stage Porcupine. Steelworker as an ability.

Early Route Bug:
Cocoon > Hatchling > Worm
It would keep its hard cocoon on the end of its tail and use it like a club. New ability that boosts tail attack moves.

>Pikachu Clone
Jerboa
Electric Type. I don't now if it should have a secondary type.

>Pseudo
Bug > Bug > Bug/Dragon
(large) caterpillar > huge chrysalis > enormous Dragon-Headed Caterpillar (pic related)

Despite animal inspirations not being native to the area in the real world, the reion would be based on New England with each of the 6 real-world states represented as a major town in game. Some states that have lots of landmarks/areas of interest could be broken up and represented as multiple towns.

>League
Best of both worlds. There are Gyms and Trials. Trial Captains are the region's version of Kahunas while the rest of the league is more traditional. The 18 types are represented by the 8 Gym Leaders, 4 Captains, and Elite 4. The Champion uses a mixed team.
>>
>>31205718
Regional staples? You mean like your state animals?

>Fire/Flying Bird
>Water/Ice Crab
>Grass/Dark Flower
Where am I
>>
>>31205037
>Gen 8 in Europe
>Every pokemon is brown
>>
>>31198601
>Mammals
Enough fucking furshit I want starters to be monsters again, not fuckdolls.
>>
>>31198601
>>Water Dragon slug
overdesigned
>>
>>31199979
I actually love the idea of an African region, but my ideas for starters went like:

Grass Cheetah (Becomes Grass/Dark)
Fire Zebra/Quagga mix (Becomes a Fire/Fairy pegasus, It's a little over the top but I'd love to see a pegasus pokemon)
Water Kingfisher (Becomes Water/Flying, Hippowdon just needs a Ground/Water regional form)
>>
>>31198601
Nerf Bear, with parentall bond is the first grass starter in ubers
>>
>>31199840
oddish I suppose
>>
>>31201840
>A grass/fighting type Kangaroo
wow how inspired
>>
>>31201840
>grass/fighting type Kangaroo
Literally already exists.
>>
>>31201543
It's gonna be a bipedal orca, anon. Also, water starters don't have a common theme, they just need to be good both in water and field.
>>
>>31206365
>You mean like your state animals
No. Like how every pokemon game has a regional bird, early route bug, early route normal type, pikachu clone, and pseudo.
>>
>31200991
>Water snail where the Pokemon is the shell and it evolves to become a Water/Rock fortress towed around by a slug

Y A S
>>
>>31205718
>The 18 types are represented by the 8 Gym Leaders, 4 Captains, and Elite 4

That's only 16
>>
>>31212239
Wasn't thinking.

Make it 10 gyms or characters like Guzma and Plumeria eventually join the league.
>>
File: IMG_9118.jpg (22KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9118.jpg
22KB, 209x241px
>>31198601
>fire bear
Honoguma when?
>>
I want another Fire/Fighting starter just to see fanbase's bitch tears.
>>
>>31202254
Sounds like you want Xurkitree as a grass starter
>>
>>31207508
>All mammals are fuckdolls to you
That really says more about you than it does anything else.
>>
Grass Chamaleon
Fire Rabbit
Water Hippocampus (mythical water horse)
>>
A fire bear to finally killl off the zodiac fags
>>
>>31198601
A bug type starter evolution.
Also an ice type evolution.
>>
>>31198618
Fire/fairy could be a will-o-wisp.
>>31210436
My brethren. I fucking love African myths. If we got some sort of mon based on anansi I would literally cherish it.
>>
grass fire
fire water
water grass
>>
>>31198601
following trends it'd have to be
>Waifu grass type :a mouse that becomes a mink/ferret
>Edge fire type: i think a literal firefly could be pretty cool and it'd go from fire/bug to fire/ electric
>Bara water type: Hippo or elephant
>>
Grass Sheep
Fire Elephant
Water Sea Snake
>>
>>31200501
>>31200991
>>31201840
>>31204992
If they do a fire snake it's going to be a pit viper.

And that means likely fire/poison or fire/dark.
>>
Grass/Ground Triceratops
Fire/Fairy Pegasus
Water/??? Platypus
>>
OP is a retard. Bear isn't part of the zodiac.
>>
>>31214277
Water/Poison
>>
>>31214230
or you know... any other type? you can make a snake any type you want, electric, ice, ghost... all could work
>>
>>31213191
>I fucking love Africans
cuck
>>
>>31214294
You could do bear and claim the pattern was the 108 stars legend.
It's an asspull of yugioh proportions
>>
>Grass
Grass dwarf elephant -> Grass/Ice wooly mammoth (or any other extinct ice-age mammal. Chalicotherium, Paraceratherium, Megatherium, all are great ideas imo.)
>Fire
Rabbit -> Fire/Ground Chinchilla
>Water
Pakicetus -> Water(/something? Normal? Idk) bulldog baleen whale
>>
>>31214308
Do you know what pit vipers are? Learn how to into concepts before making retarded blanket statements like that.
>>
water hippo is the only semi water thing left to do
>>
File: kittan.png (586KB, 2504x1407px) Image search: [Google]
kittan.png
586KB, 2504x1407px
Have an idea for a water starter based off of various cephalopods

>First stage
A cute light blue/purple snail with an off-white shell and no distinct head except for a pair of eye stalks and 2 or three tentacle looking things for a mouth (think zoidberg)

>2nd stage
Develops a distinctive head (shaped like a cuttlefish's body) while retaining its eye stalks and mouth from its previous form. Also develops a pair of stubby arms. Other than that, it just gets bigger.

>3rd stage
Becomes a lot bulkier and grows a pair of proportionally-small legs,arms become massive. Overall has kind of generic-monster shaped body. Shell by this point has become massive (but not obnoxiously huge), spiraled and spiked. Head retains the cuttlefish theme, with more/larger tentacles and an angry expression with 'spiral eyes' like pic related.

Nut sure about typing, maybe water/psychic or water/dark with a hypnosis theme? BST/movepool is very tanky, with a ton of defense boosting moves and access to a psychic version of giga drain/leech life
>>
>>31217342
Feels like omanyte 2.0
>>
>>31217590
>tanky psychic kaiju mollusc
>my mom's ammonite

Other than the fact that they're both shelled cephalopods, how are they similar?
>>
>>31199825
What is Charmander?
>>
>>31218266
I'm talking about the design.
>>
A Grass Jaguar would be neat.
>>
>>31214294
>Implying owls are birds
>>
Just will say the typings I want for OCD reasons:

Water/Fighting
Fire/Flying
Grass/Rock
>>
>>31212551
No. If they looked like something akin to Typhlosion (an animal) that would be fine, but any fucking bara/furbait feces can get right the fuck out.

Protip: all mammal starters are shit except Typhlosion who is mediocre as balls.

Where's the Blastoises, where's the Torterras, where's the Sceptiles? Fuck Primarina, fuck Emboar, fuck Delshit, fuck all that fucking horse crap. They're not Pokemon, they're MLP ass shit.
>>
>>31202254
>You better mean that you want a fire tank rather than fire glass cannon #8. In that case, sure.
Because Emboar and Incineroar went over so well.
>>
>>31212389
>Xurkitree
Fuck I didn't even know that existed. That is basically what I wanted yeah but more focus on the cordage I guess. It even knows power whip.
>>31220905
Emboar is definitely not a tank, he just has good hp. Incineroar has pretty balanced stats but I wouldn't really say he's a tank.

Honestly either way though, I just want a fire type that's not a fighting type or looks like it's mainly physical. There's really only two, technically one that fits that whereas the grass and water starters all are pretty varied in design imo.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.