[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get a trophymon Togekiss with Helping Hand from Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1479764482730.png (509KB, 800x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1479764482730.png
509KB, 800x1094px
>want to get a trophymon Togekiss with Helping Hand from Gen 3
>remember that I have to buy XD, a GCN controller, a link cable, a new internal battery for Emerald, have to fix the cartridge without breaking it, and get an original DS to transfer up to Gen 4
>lose all motivation to continue
>>
File: beasted.gif (871KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
beasted.gif
871KB, 500x281px
>>31189688
oof, that's a lot of work, anon. What the heck were you doing 10 years ago that you don't have half of that stuff?

I have some good news though:
>a new internal battery for Emerald,
>have to fix the cartridge without breaking it,

nah senpai you don't need to worry about that part, it has nothing to do with any of this
>>
>>31190004
Gave my original GCN to my best friend as a farewell gift when we had to separate, along with it's accessories. My original DS broke a while back, I only have a pair of 3DSs now.

As for the internal battery, I wanted to load the Togepi up with ribbons, since why not while I'm at it, and I need to grow berries to win contests.
>>
>>31190084
Ohhh, well shit. You're a good guy/gal for giving away your Gamecube stuff, at least.

The only way I could justify spending all that money is to play the games for... the sake of enjoying them. *cough* It won't feel worth it if you're only focused on getting that one goddamn Togepi.
>>
>>31190261
I do remember having a lot of fun with XD, but I don't know if it'll hold up today is my main concern.
>>
Don't wanna be that guy but you can always inject it.
>>
>>31190530
It's less about the usefulness of the special Togepi and more the novelty of earning every possible ribbon through the generations.
>>
>>31190772
Can't you Inject those as well?
>>
>>31189688
What's your address?
>>
>>31189688
>a new internal battery for Emerald
You don't need this. Internal battery in gen 3 only mattered for time based events like berry harvest and shoal cave low/high tides. This isn't RBYGSC.
>>
>>31189688
just inject it
no one will know :^)
>>
File: IMG_9422.jpg (66KB, 460x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9422.jpg
66KB, 460x391px
>>31190892
See>>31190084

>>31190783
>>31190901
>>
>>31190919
Well, you could always go for the good old Battle Tower cloning trick. It works for hold items as well.
>>
>>31190955
Hot damn, I completely forgot that existed. Thanks anon, time to clone a shitload of belue berries.
>>
>>31190980
Just remember, every time you save the game on a gba cartridge, you get one step closer to the flash memory write limit (which means that one day your game will no longer save).

If you really need a ton of berries and don't want to worry about your cartridge longevity, watch this video to learn how to obtain any pokemon (at 12:38 it shows off a glitch pokemon for fast cloning).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hJeA6i26VU

And read this pastebin (its from the video description) with instructions on how to do the stuff you saw. Towards the bottom it has a list of interesting pokemon to obtain (hit ctrl f and search "Interesting Pokemon to obtain"). There you will find out how to get the cloning glitch pokemon for your region
http://pastebin.com/2kJPBQCr

Good luck
>>
Why would you do all these tricks just to "cheat"? At least use the fastest method.
>>
>>31191113
>Just remember, every time you save the game on a gba cartridge, you get one step closer to the flash memory write limit (which means that one day your game will no longer save).
What the fuck
I never knew about this
Any way to prevent or fix this?
>>
>>31191133
>Any way to prevent or fix this?
Nope.
Due to how flash memory works, there is no way to avoid it. Eventually, all flash drives, ssd drives, sd cards and game carts will reach the limit and die. It will happen to gba carts, ds carts, gamecube memory cards and even the wii's internal memory
Sorry dude
>>
>>31191186
Fug
I'm doing some searching but can't find anything on average expected lifespan of an Emerald cartridge, would you happen to know anything about that? I've been using this thing for a longass time now.
>>
>>31191214
I'm doing some searching but can't find anything on average expected lifespan of an Emerald cartridge, would you happen to know anything about that?
Unfortunately, I do not know how long the average lifespan of a gba cart is. In fact, I'm not sure if anybody has gotten to the write limit of a gba game yet. Some sources say that the cart will only save 2,000 times while other sources say it will save 1,000,000 times before burning out the chip. All I know is that it will happen sometime in the future. It sounds really emo but everything will die eventually.
>>
>>31191288
Ignore the first sentence, that should have been a quote
>>
>>31191288
The thing that worries me is that the battle frontier cloning method requires 2-3 saves to clone 5 items. In order to get a pokemon to level 100 from level 5, it takes about 40 saves minimum. That's why putting the effort to get the glitch pokemon might be better...
>>
>>31191288
I see, thanks anyway.
>>
>>31191344
Assuming you really value your original Emerald save, one way to circumvent this problem is to buy a GBA save dumping device like EZ Flash IV, replace Emerald's internal battery with a new one, reload the save and continue playing.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.