[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I or are these games the hardest in the series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: facebook-share-image-usa.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
I had not been frustrated in a pokemon game since HG
Even several generic trainers have given more battle than the Elite 4 of kalos.
It's as if everyone but you had pokemon with perfect ivs
>>
>>31185094
It's not hard.
Just stop using shitmons in your party
>>
As long as you had a team of 6 and turned off exp share, the game was moderately challenging which is good
>>
>>31185094
It's only """""""hard"""""""" if you're using Alolamons. If not, then you're just a really bad player.
>>
>>31185094
Kinda. If you play the game with a team of 6 mons you like the most, then you are going to have a hard time here and there (I did at least), but if you consider that you can build an actually good team with all broken mons then the game is still damn easy.
What you said about Kalos is true though, that one was retard-easy
>>
>>31185094
It's reasonably challenging, anon
>>
>use Alolamons only because I always only use Pokemon introduced that region or related to them
>game is actually challenging at some points because almost every Alolamon is slow as shit
That was a nice surprise.
>>
are you what
>>
>>31185177
>>31185276

What are you on about? I only used Alolamons in both my playthus of SuMo and had no trouble with any trainer. These games are piss easy.
>>
File: 1453721640669.jpg (17KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1453721640669.jpg
17KB, 375x375px
>>31185312
>SuMo
>>
>>31185150
no, you just suck at battling

with exp share on, sun and moon is basically a shitty kids movie

with exp share off, they're still the easiest games in the series by far
>>
team of about 10-12 with exp share off and no grinding was quite hard at points.

was massively underlevelled by the elite 4.
>>
>>31185312
I forgot to mention my team was severely underleveled because fuck SOS.
>>
File: raven meets mimikyu 6.png (410KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
raven meets mimikyu 6.png
410KB, 864x648px
I'm lazy as shit, so I keep the exp. share on. Plus, I had a large stretch of the game where my Slowbro had zero use whatsoever. Granted my Toucannon knew Rock Smash, and then learned Bullet Seed, so I ended up swapping him out for Exeggutor (needed to fill the hole that Mega Sceptile left in my heart). Awful mistake, because I was fighting Hapu at the time, and her Flygon/Mudsdale wrecked my ass harder than Cynthia did on my first underleveled playthrough of Platinum.

I haven't finished the game yet, but wanting to keep Salazzle and Incineroar is proving to be a challenge, but eh. Pretty easy so far.
>>
>>31185094
These feel like the easiest games by far.
Had exp share off and never even ran into a challenge until the Elite Four.

Your """rival""" picks the pokemon that you counter anon and the second islands challenges are purposely set up to be easy on you (water first then fire then grass) why would you think this is the hardest game.
>>
>>31185094
Mimikyu stumped me, and I wasn't expecting it to hit so hard.

For the first time in my life my team was made up of mostly slow pokemon. That was weird for me.

Half my team evolved at the end of the game.

This time the AI felt... improved over the last gen. It still retarded, but it's more... clever than the last gen. This time there is a game plan, and no matter how stupid, it sticks to the plan. That caught me off guard.

It felt like I was getting one shot by attacks that shouldn't one shot me.

Maybe you had a similar experience? I can understand that being frustrating, it was for me.

But it was refreshing to feel like I was being challenged (even if that was because it turns out I chose poorly).
>>
File: 1435090741703.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1435090741703.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>31185323
Oh god it's that guy again isn't it.
>>
>>31185094
Yeah the totems if you don't have a really good Pokémon for it will fuck your shit up

Without the exp share it's a very good level curve and enjoyable difficulty with competent trainers. Although the generic NPC's can get a bit undelivered in a route and then spring up
>>
Some totems were a challenge but not enough to call a pokemon game hard
>>
>>31189380
*not hard

But not easy. I also had weaker bst mons in general compared to my platinum runs
>>
>>31185094
I think that's because they do all have perfect mons, or is that just battle tree?
>>
>>31185094
This anon >>31189435

Brings up a kinda good point trainers can now have EV's on their Pokémon now
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.