[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: ruby-sapphire.jpg (82KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
ruby-sapphire.jpg
82KB, 470x235px
Thoughts?
>>
>>31180308
ORAS is better than them in every way. They're remakes of RS, not E, deal with it, cucks.
>>
tubavore lol
>>
>>31180322
This, but the exact opposite
>>
>>31180308
Sometimes I forget that they nerfed Pickup in Emerald, so whenever I play Ruby or Sapphire again, I get confused as to how I got Ultra Balls before the first gym
>>
>>31180308
Don't deserve the hate they get desu. Imo they represent most things a Pokémon game should be
>>
>>31180308
Loved them when they first came out. Nowadays I vastly prefer Emerald for obvious reasons.
>>
Really great and imaginative.
>>
unplayable shit games. obsolete due to emerald and ORAS
>>
>>31180308
Unfortunately removed quite a few cool features from GSC, but good games nonetheless.
>>
Worst games. Shitty font. 0 post game. Retarded storyline

Emerald > ORAS > RS
>>
>>31180308
Eh.

>>31180322
>its the deal with it cucks guy
>>
>>31180440
This was the most annoying.

At the time it felt like we got a reboot instead of a sequel.
>>
>>31180446
>complaining about font
Of all the valid things to complain about you complain about that? What the fuck?
>>
They were a great improvement on GSC in multiple ways and even added contests and bases. It even went and brought back the Safari Zone and fixed the Tower.
It's just a shame they couldn't fit in day and night graphics other wise it would have been the perfect set of first games.
>>
>>31180462
It's ugly as SHIT

It makes reading the dialogue painful as hell
>>
File: 1468565443705.png (53KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468565443705.png
53KB, 550x600px
I prefer the speed and the soundfont of the GBA games, in spite of the modern conveniences that ORAS had going for them. I will acknowledge that the Pokemon type variety seems pretty limited in the beginning, moreso than most other Pokemon games, but it still did a lot right by introducing abilities to help diversify Pokemon with similar types.
>>
>>31180308
The franchise's misstep along with early DP. However, it's still a good game.
>>
Creative, yet only decent games that Emerald significantly improved on.
>>
>>31180308
Not bad, but just as many steps backwards as forward
>>
>>31180308
Cool games, nice OST, Fun, story meh

I prefer ORAS
>>
>>31180308
Emerald improves on them but they still have some small things that shouldn't have been changed. Pickup is not level dependent which lets you get a lot of nice items really early in the game. Instead of playing Emerald again I recommend playing Ruby and Sapphire. Sure not having abilities work in the overworld is a shame and the item limit is downright claustrophobic but if you have never played them before like me it can be refreshing.
>>
>>31180613
Seems like they were the games to really start this trend.
>>
>>31180462
yeah,a complain about something that is there the entire game. What was he thinking?
>>
File: 328.png (24KB, 140x169px) Image search: [Google]
328.png
24KB, 140x169px
>>31180308
Haha I actually like these games and think ORAS are shit. Haha.
>>
I wish they had developed contests more
>>
love them first games i got into pokemon
>>
>>31180642
No even gen 2 had this too an extent, but on things that didn't matter too much

GF is just really fucking incompetent
>>
>>31180308
Really disappointed when I first played it. I don't hate them as much now, but they felt like a step down from the previous games in the series due to a lack of day and night and no post-game. Most of the stuff it did add like abilities and the new IV systems I didn't appreciate until the later games. It also didn't help that I still don't really like the Pokemon selection or the design of the region (I mean the actual layout; the concept was cool)
>>
>>31180547
>>31180664
what a stupid fucking thing to say
"the font is bad it hurts my eyes". you realize how dumb that sounds right?
>>
>>31180941
What did Gen 2 remove that was in Gen 1 besides the Safari Zone (good riddance) and some Kanto areas?
>>
>>31180308
Loved it, and I think ORAS doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.
>>
>>31181127
>What did Gen 2 remove besides the things they removed
You're kidding right?
>>
I hated them when they were first released desu

They weren't bad, they just removed a lot of things from the previous gen that I liked. At the time, there were simply too many unavailable Gen 1/2 Pokemon and the new Pokemon were different from the mons I already knew and loved.

Emerald was probably the biggest upgrade made b a 3rd game just for having a ton more existing Pokemon.
>>
>>31181159
So nothing else? Okay, that's all I wanted to know
>>
>>31181245
So pretty much you're saying it's okay if gen 2 does it but not if gen 3 does it? Okay, got it, you're a retard.
>>
>>31181265
You yourself say it removed things that didn't matter much. And he's agreeing. Retard
>>
>>31181360
I'm not the original poster, retard. And if you want to play it that way then removing day and night cycles barely matters at all because it's an aesthetic change that doesn't bring much to the table.
>>
>>31181265
Yes, because the things gen 2 removed weren't that important and were arguably an improvement (in the case of the Safari Zone).
>>
>>31181407
>because the things gen 2 removed weren't that important
Nor were the things that were removed in gen 3 in fact they held less bearing than what Gen 2 removed and in some cases they were an improvement. For example, Pokemon only appearing at specific times of the day.
>>
>>31181406
If you aren't the original poster then how can you be surprised in their response when you knew how they thought all along?

You think they'll feel the need to change their opinion because you disagree?
>>
>no day night

complete shit pre order canceled
>>
Almost killed the series
>>
>>31180308
They're average games but still light years ahead of X/Y, ORAS, Sun and Moon.
>>
>>31181407
>gen 2 removed various dungeons and extra content
>this is an improvement
Seriously nigger?
>>
>>31181532
They didn't remove them on purpose though, they just couldn't fit them on the cartridge. Although the only reason they could fit the whole of Johto is because Game freak went crying to some master at Nintendo who managed to make enough room to fit the rest of Johto and the entirety of Kanto.
>>
>>31181452
>tides being an improvement
>the lack of backwards compatibility and thus a hundred pokemon being unavailable until FR/LG were released is an improvement
>>
>>31181532
Well the dungeons they lost the space

As for safari zone they couldn't remidy the glitches

>>31181584
Iwata is a fucking wizard
>>
>>31181584
Nice fanfic
>>
>>31181584
It still happened though and would've been worse if Iwata or Miyamoto hadn't used gook magic to make it work. The original post of Gamefreak being incompetent still stands.
>>
>>31181593
We did get an improved game out of it, so yes it was.
Also that wasn't a fault of RS seeing as it was literally impossible for a GBA and GB to connect.
>>
>>31181532
I was referring to the Safari Zone. Missing Kanto areas did suck but at least it had Kanto at all (or any post game area, though FRLG and gen 4/5 fixed this)
>>
>>31181584
>Although the only reason they could fit the whole of Johto is because Game freak went crying to some master at Nintendo who managed to make enough room to fit the rest of Johto and the entirety of Kanto.
Iwata made the compression tools for Stadium.

That said the only reason they had space issues was because they left in a whole bunch of trash data that they didn't need
>>
>>31181658
He game wasn't an improvement specifically because of the missing features
>>
>>31181245
Yeah

The other guy is just antagonistic
>>
>>31181879
I was being facetious. At least I think that's the word I'm looking for.

You know when you have a word on the tip of your tongue? Kind of like that at the moment.

In any case lack of BC is certainly a downside of it but it's far from a deal breaker to anyone that likes Pokemon. Especially with all of the changes RS made.
>>
>>31181452
>Nor were the things that were removed in gen 3 in fact they held less bearing than what Gen 2 removed
Not really. The main things 2 removed were some Kanto areas, while Ruby/Sapphire didn't have Kanto at all. Or any significant post game for that matter. At least the main region was bigger, that was a good thing.

>Pokemon only appearing at specific times of the day
I can see how it'd be annoying if you want to catch a specific one, but it was also cool because it made the world feel more like a real place. I don't fault Game Freak for removing that, though (unlike the day and night aesthetics which added a lot of atmosphere to the game and were taken out for seemingly no reason).
>>
>>31180308
Most polarizing games in the entire franchise, gets a lot of hate partially because it came at the worst possible time for the fanbase.

Best soundtrack, considering how good and iconic they managed to make it with the limitations of the GBA soundfont.
>>
>>31181866
Why is Gamefreak so fucking incompetent holy shit
>>
>>31181943
It was, since you couldn't transfer your team at all, nor could you catch replacements for at least a year, and even then that was through colosseum, FR/LG came out months after that did.
http://serebii.net/rubysapphire/unobtainable.shtml Look at this and realize that you just could not get these at launch and no amount of bells and trumpets could make it sting less.
>>
File: what the fuck.png (21KB, 733x229px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
21KB, 733x229px
>people will say hoenn doesnt have two regional birds
>>
>>31182102
>while Ruby/Sapphire didn't have Kanto at all.
That's because Kanto was never intended to be in RS.
In the case of GSC Kanto was actually implemented and then had a lot of the exploration gutted from it.
>Or any significant post game for that matter.
Eh, in the grand scheme of things they had about the same amount of post game. Content in general however RS wins out because of bases and contests.

>for seemingly no reason
It's because RS were an ambitious project and the fact the hardware didn't allow them to transfer it gave them the chance rehaul and fix important parts of the game.
So they essentially fixed the game from scratch as opposed to GSC that was built off of RGBY
>>
Good for its time, made irrelevant by Emerald, then again by ORAS. Now played only by the most bitter and resentful of nostalgiafags.
>>
>>31182633
>That's because Kanto was never intended to be in RS.
So how is what Gen 2 removed more significant, when RS removed even more?

>Eh, in the grand scheme of things they had about the same amount of post game.
Not really. If you mean they have the same amount of content overall and that Johto was smaller because they had to fit in Kanto, I agree, but there was no reason they couldn't have had a decent sized main region as well as a post game area, even on the same hardware as FRLG showed.

>It's because RS were an ambitious project and the fact the hardware didn't allow them to transfer it gave them the chance rehaul and fix important parts of the game.
You don't really know that for sure, you're just making assumptions and excuses.
>>
Less post-game than every other mainline entry but the GB Gen I games.
Less Pokémon available than every other mainline entry but the GB Gen I games.
Stupidest teams out of every game, with their only distinguishing difference being one uses Numel/Camerupt and the other uses Carvanha/Sharpedo. Their plans are exactly the same yet apparently they both do the opposite thing.
17 barren water routes plagued by water Zubat.
Removal of animated sprites and day/night along with 184 Pokémon from previous games.
>>
>>31180308
They weren't great games. As a kid I remember not liking the sprites, the pokédex and how there's was nothing to do after the league. I can only imagine how worse were for people that played at launch, since they couldn't even transfer their bros from gen 2.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.