[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Festival Plaza Hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: img_01-670x576.png (841KB, 670x576px) Image search: [Google]
img_01-670x576.png
841KB, 670x576px
>be me
>go to FP
>check the actual numbers of the global mission
>half time
>only 1/3 of the goal is fullfilled
>FP was a mistake
>>
File: 1473171026572.png (181KB, 960x417px) Image search: [Google]
1473171026572.png
181KB, 960x417px
>>31177815
>random asks if their rank is higher, lower, or at the midpoint
>check records
>0 in everything
>select lower
>wrong
>the game says a 0 rank is higher than the midpoint

also

>try to register friend as VIP
>"Registration failed!"
>>
Isn't there a way to farm points outside of missions anyways?
>>
>>31177815
>haha, yeah I have this 1 star shop only 50 FC:^)
>wooow, you grinded for hours? Her's a two star shop!

FUCK YOU GAMEFREAK
>>
File: 141305633250.jpg (17KB, 385x347px) Image search: [Google]
141305633250.jpg
17KB, 385x347px
>>31177815
>join a type match up test
>50+ players
>start one myself
>2-3 players at best
:(
>>
>>31177815
Are missions really the only good way to get points? This shit sucks, I just wanna get some FP to get some good lottery corners.
>>
>>31177951
No, they actually have the entire frstival plaza that little consideration. And then actually decided to lock major game components inside of it.
>>
>>31177815
Blame GF's stupid decisions.
>Island Scan available once or twice, at best, a day
>Have to make an account on the Global Link to participate

They're were fucking stupid
>>
>>31178109
>Have two lotteries that I check every day

>You won prize no. 10, a Berry Juice!

>You won prize no. 8, an Ultra Ball!

>You won prize no. 8, an Ultra Ball!

GIVE ME BOTTLECAPS REEEEEEE
>>
>>31178251
Wow, I got a gold bottle cap two days in a row. You're pretty unlucky, anon! :^)
>>
>need to get 25 FC
>do a solo run of Type Match-up
>actually manage to get one global score star on top of my five stars
>get 30 FC
>FP was a mistake
>>
>>31177900
You have the comprehension of a retard.
Midpoint would all 50 of your guests listed in order of who has the greater rank and who has the lower rank. If 40 of those people all have 0 or very low scores, they are indeed above midpoint because there would only be 10 other people to compete withe, making them lower than 25.

When competing with VIPs you get a much, much different result. Because your VIPs records are updated every time you both are connected simultaneously. So the chances are their record will increase, while you still get a bunch of noob guests.

When registering a friend you need to understand the basics of how the communications are working. First, you connect and that fetches a batch of 50 guests. Those 50 guests are saved LOCALLY. The problem here is that those guests will not show up unless you "reload" the plaza or you go into the castle and page them. If you don't reload you are met with the "registration failed" because the VIPs you are trying to register are just the shells of avatars in the memory of the 3DS (hence why they're still showing up) with no actual data saved locally anymore (because the new 50 guests data delete the old 50 guests data).

Also, playing a mission online will allow people to be registered again.
>>
>>31178482
*midpoint would be all
>>
what the fuck is the little green exclamation point on the friend plaza button? it never goes away
>>
>>31178237
you don't have to make a global link account, you just need to connect and get an ID thing. wtf

you are right about the island scan, but if every player did it once and connected it'd probably be done. Too bad it's like 1/1000 people that do it. In all fairness it's not GFs fault entirely - it's our laziness or unwillingness to bother.
>>
>>31178704
It means one of your guest is ready to discuss.
>>
I love having 20000 friend coins on hand and not having to worry about missions.
>>
>>31178736
Discuss what. What the fuck am I going to be discussing with what's probably a 10 year old Chinese kid that wants to take my job

Why is the game prompting me to have soul-destroying conversations
>>
>>31178251
Find someone with a level 3 lottery. The first time you visit it it guarantees a bottle cap.
>>
>>31178778
It's just a way to get FC by completing simple tasks, just relax.
>>
>>31178825
My lotteries are 4-star and 3-star.
>>
>>31178825
It doesn't have to be level 3 and it needs to be a Treasure Hunt one of course.
>>
>>31178778
as in theyll have red bubbles, its the easiest way to get FC.

if you go to a lottery you might get
>decent luck in FP
meaning 2x FC from guest activity
you can earn 200 - 600 FC in one round

Also, there's an exploit where if you connect to the internet (it will auto save) after clearing them all and soft reset once FP loads again, when you start the game up again all the red bubbles will be back and exactly as they were.
>>
>>31178825
...anon it's a 2 star treasure hunt not 3.
>>
>>31178868
Fuck I didnt mean lottery, I meant fortune teller.
Was reading someones comment and typed it on accident.
>>
>>31178856
>>31178872
Thanks for the correction.
>>
>mfw all this new

Look up some guides to meme plaza and it will make it seem like less of the filler shitshow it is.

1) Learn how to savescum Facilities, it's very easy early on and you can use missions to control your FC intake. Your first Facility is rolled when you receive the previous one so you can't savescum the obvious way, but if you get two facilities back-to-back (i.e. collect facility from one level up and then immediately get enough FC for your second level up) then the second one can be changed for every reload.

2) Get as many Fortune Teller Tents as possible, they give buffs to other facilities or more importantly, add a multiplier to your FC income from certain activities

3) Look for the specific Festival Plaza buffs, you want "Good" or "Pretty Good" luck in Festival Plaza.

4) If you get one of these, find an NPC who says "I want to Meet", then direct them to somebody they want. Depending on your Fortune Teller buff, you can get up to 120 FC just from that one task

5) The game doesn't reset your NPCs until you either leave the plaza manually or it confirms you are online - this means you can savescum the points you get from NPCs by getting the points, going online, letting it save the game and then turning Wi-Fi off before it can connect. After the game throws you back out of the dialogue box, you can then safely Soft Reset your game, go back into Festival Plaza and the NPC will still be available to give you points, and you kept the ones they gave you just before. 120 FC per minute, easy

6) You can also stack Wonder Trade and Festival Plaza buffs to get FC every time you trade.
>>
File: 1482296820440.png (121KB, 253x228px) Image search: [Google]
1482296820440.png
121KB, 253x228px
>Take me to a place you think I'd like!
>>
>>31178962
>doesn't tell me what he likes and is instead being a vague piece of shit
>is disappointed when he's sent somewhere he doesn't like
every fucking time
>>
>>31178934
Already explained most of those, bub.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 568x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 568x376px
>>31177815
>another failed Global Mission
Festival Plaza is honestly the worst meme of gen 7 so far
Shame since I was looking forward to spending those 4K coins in my fresh new five star Rare Kitchen
>>
>>31178992
There is one where it asks you something and there's only 2 options, but the person answered with "no comment" and so you always fail bc that's not an option.
>>
>>31178934

6) Treasure Hunt 2-stars (specifically this lottery and specifically that ranking) will for some reason always give you a Bottle Cap every time you get one new in your plaza. This means you can simply find somebody who is offering this facility, save them as VIP, buy it off them for 100 FC, and then you collect your Bottle Cap. Replace it with the facility you get from levelling up, then buy Treasure Hunt 2-stars to replace it for another guaranteed Bottle Cap. 100 FC = 1 bottle cap, well worth it.

7) The Fortune Teller Buff "Good Luck in lottery shop" can be combined with 5-star Treasure Hunts to also farm Bottle Caps or Gold Bottle Caps. This is because the game will roll your Lottery reward at the beginning of the day, but the rolls for extra rewards triggered by a Fortune Tent are randomised there and then. You can therefore savescum to change the additional rolls. Technically this works with all stars of lottery but 5-stars give you the best odds of a high reward so it will take less resets to get a desired result. Sort of a situational tip, though - it's easier and more reliable to farm 6 Bottle Caps through the exploit.

8) Missions are mostly pointless after you've grinded enough to get Fortune Teller tents, though they're still useful for adjusting your FC to a specific amount, and if they're new they're pretty much the best way to get off the ground. Inverse Type Matchup is easily the best mode giving you 6 FC per star, whilst regular type matchup gives you a clean 5 FC per star making it easy to control. Always do missions online if you're farming, and do them offline if you're trying to savescum the facility Sophocles gives you.

9) With Two Rare Kitchens 5-star, you can level up any pokemon from Level 66 to 98 in a single day. You then only need two rare candies to boost it to level 100 and it can then by hypertrained. You won't miss Blissey Bases as much when it's this easy.
>>
File: image.png (72KB, 325x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72KB, 325x282px
>find Fire-Type enthusiasts!
>there's only one NPC that says a fire type
>2-3 other players get 3 or 4 points combined
>You get 0 FC for getting 0 out of five stars!
>>
>>31179018
it's actually really decent, you just have to be willing to figure it out and spend a day or two on it passively while watching movies.
>>
>>31179040

When you get it up and running it's fine, but if they're going to copy Join Avenue they could at least not arbitrarily get rid of the things that made Join Avenue accessible and useful.

Festival Plaza provides a ton of benefits and is easy to use when set-up, but you will NEVER know about any of this without finding a guide. It is so obtuse that to the average player it's inpenetrable.

Also the majority of usage people have with it is abusing and glitching it because that's the only way it becomes bearable.

Why does FC even exist, why not just make it BP? Why not just make it regular fucking money?
>>
>>31179094
>but you will NEVER know about any of this without finding a guide
Welcome to Pokemon.
>>
>>31179032
But steel-types are heavier than flying-types.
>>
>>31178733

No, it's Gamefreak.

They released a "Catch pokemon" mission when people already filled their pokedex.

I.e. everyone was done catching, and had moved on to breeding.

Now there's a QR Catching mission. But, again, almost everyone has had time to catch them, so there's no reason to do it anymore.

Right now, people are playing Battle Tree and breeding mons for competitive - so make a mission revolving around those and it will have a chance. But no, they're pretending people haven't already moved on, plenty of casual players have finished and put down the game for good.

Eggs Hatched is the easiest, most obvious mission to set-up but they don't want to because it's another half-baked feature nobody is looking at.
>>
File: 1a random.png (43KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
1a random.png
43KB, 250x176px
>>31179168
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 900x720px
>>31178934
>>31179031
Thanks for tips, looks like I'll actually have something fun to dig into in the post game. I had no idea Fortune Teller shops had any use besides giving you additional phrases for your player profile. The Bottle Cap exploit sounds mighty useful as well.
>>
File: star fox.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
star fox.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>31179018
Why are they avoiding an egg hatching global mission? That shit would get done so fucking fast
>>
FP is legitimately the worst designed feature in any pokemon game.

>insane, mind-numbingly boring grind, but RNG rewards unless you find someone with the buildings you want
>5-star lotteries give you garbage
>save scumming is only way to get anything decent from lotteries. Other exploits are a better way of getting bottlecaps as well.
>global missions that are doomed to failure
>everything but rare kitchen is useless
>all the essential features like trading and battling require you to load up this garbage
>*squirm squirm*
>>
>>31179242
lol nope.
>soundhax
>>
>>31179306
>everything but rare kitchen is useless
Hey now bounce houses and fortune tents(for FC save exploit grinding), and lottery exploits are useful.
>>
>>31179306
>*squirm squirm*
Why does everyone do that? Seriously, it's not funny even in an ironic kind of way.

On another note, while Festival Plaza is bad Honey Trees still take the worst feature cake.
>>
>>31179407
pretty sure *squirm squirm* is the default option, at least it was for me
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.