[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what tier is he gonna be in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: decidueye.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.png
145KB, 500x500px
Is he seeing usage in UU at the moment? I feel like he will be too good for RU, so i'm gonna say UU, but i'm not sure
>>
>Asking /vp/

Wait until Bank hits and people who actually understand shit properly rate him at which tier.

but given 7th gen is slow af compared to every other gen, Decidueye doesn't have much chance after Bank hits. He might be useful in a way pre-Bank, but people might not know how to handle him on occasion, enough to quickly dismiss it and just treat it as trash.

tl;dr he might not be quite high up, but it's not like OU's much of a necessity for him either, that tier's too much of a mess and miiight find a home in UU like you said.
>>
RU seems to be it.

It has 1 or 2 niches but those are severely outclassed by many others. It's this gen's Delphox.
>>
>>31176499
NU or RU

Despite its speed tier, it'll probably be the worst of the starters. At least after HA get introduced and luchakitten gets Intimidate.
>>
>>31177414
All the starters are this gen's Delphox, though. Decidueye is actually the most useful of the three, bar maybe Primarina, who is outclassed by every other bulky water.
>>
>>31177507

Err no. Primarina hits HARD and seemingly everything with STAB Moonblast and the SpA to use it gets UU or higher and Primarina is no exception.

Decidueye is jack of all trades master of none, it does a lot of things but none of them very well. It's not strong enough to sweep, It doesn't get WoW to be annoying like most Ghosts. It's outclassed as a Defog'er etc.

It's quite honestly probably the worst of the starters.
>>
>>31177507
Primarina is already pretty much confirmed to be really good at least in UU
>>
>>31176499
>he

PU but probably in RU with HA
>>
> too slow to sweep
> not bulk enough to tank
> not strong enough to wall break
> cant survive trapping alot of things in

when did you figure out that its ghost typing came from gamefreak pre-emptively killing off its competitive viability. such a shame given its cool design and animations
>>
>>31177590
Only thing I can see Decidueye doing is using Spirit Shackle to prevent double switching
>>
>>31176647
Smogon already uses a post-Bank ladder though, why are people still bringing up this retarded point?
>>
RU at best.

Primarina seems like good UU material with its high SpA and typing, while Incineroar... hmm. Once it gets Intimidate it may have to compete with Arcanine who is also a Fire type with some defensive capability, except Arcanine also has self recovery. Hard to say but at least RU for Incineroar too.
>>
>>31179049
Incineroar is definitely UU at best once it gets access to Intimidate. Like you said, it's comparable to Arcanine but Incineroar also has slightly better bulk with a significantly better movepool and offensive typing. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they're both simply utilized in two different ways with Arcanine remaining as the defensive Fire doggo while Incineroar is the offensive wall breaking fire kitter
>>
>>31178876
>when did you figure out that its ghost typing came from gamefreak pre-emptively killing off its competitive viability.
Grass/Ghost > Grass/Flying
They were doing Rowlett a favor. Its better than being only usable in PU
>>
>>31179049

It's a fairly blanket check to virtually all ghost types. Taking almist no damage from ghost types attacks nor fearing Will-o-Wisp. Its Dark Typing also completely shuts down Prankster users. It has a solid movepool and access to U-Turn so it could turn into a Band/Scarf pivot.

RU/UU is my guess.
>>
Daily reminder that Decidueye is to be played as Support and he will be comfy in UU playing as Support. That is all.
>>
>>31179291
I hope so, people say he isn't doing too well in UU either and that he's outclassed by other stuff
>>
>>31179230

less about the typing being bad and more about its stat distribution being bad

its typing is just a symbol for its death at the hands of its creator
>>
Easily Ubers with an Ubers ban soon.
>>
>>31179386
People who say Dhelmise outclasses Decidueye just because they're both Grass/Ghost types don't understand that they fill completely different roles. Dhelmise is a heavy hitter with 3 different STABs. Decidueye is a support mon with great support moves like Baton Pass, Defog and it's signature, Spirit Shackle which can trap the opposing pokemon.

Dhelmise may outclass Decidueye offensively but they fill different roles than just offense.
>>
>>31179453
The problem with Spirit Shackle is that Decidueye isn't strong enough to abuse it. It's threatened by pretty much everything. Even Bulky Waters hit it SE with Ice Beam so the things Decidueye should be checking on paper scare it.

That said, Decidueye *could* trap a weak mon, set up, and Baton Pass to something else. The problem here is
A) Relying on an enemy Pokémon that Decidueye can freely set up on (ie: pretty much nothing)
B) multi-boost Baton Pass being allowed in the meta (which Smogon usually doesn't for very long, as this'd mean a return of Quiver Pass Venomoth / Shell Pass Gorebyss)
>>
>>31179430
How do you think it'll fare against Mega Fug in AG?
>>
>>31176499
>>31179291
He's a defogger that isn't weak to rocks. Has really good bulk for a support mon and access to recovery, both nasty plot swords dance + baton pass, U-Turn and a trapping move. Whatever tier slowbro, Donphan and non-mega blastoise ends up in decideye would be at least that tier as well. IMO bottom of UU/ top of RU for sure.
>>
>>31179404
>78/107/75/100/100/70
This is one of worst stats spread they could give to a Ghost type with 530 BST.
This is how I would fix it
>78/100/85/70/90/107
>>
>>31179583
All that special attack still triggers me. What were they thinking?
>>
>>31179453
Hay don't get decidueye mixed up. He's not just support. He can also be used offensively too. But when people look at his speed stat they keep on down grading him to just a support pokemon. Decidueye can do a lot of things. He's like batman, he's got a lot of utility, so much that people don't know what to do with it.
>>
>>31179583
Wait were the fuck did the other
100 points go?
>>
File: 1479104375314.jpg (111KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1479104375314.jpg
111KB, 760x570px
>>31176499
>slow mixed attacker with mediocre bulk
Decidueye would be okay if its stat spread wasn't such a trainwreck
>100 SpA when it has no special movepool
>not enough speed to sweep
>not enough bulk to tank anything that can hit it neutrally
>not enough power to wallbreak

Primarina's stats are functional. It has enormous power and good special bulk, but to compensate it's pretty slow. With Liquid Voice it will have two STAB spread moves that don't

Inineroar's stats are functional. It has good bulk on both sides (intimidate will also help,) very powerful flare blitzes and a good offensive typing in Dark. It has few points wasted in SpA but it has enough to use something like HP Ice if it wanted to.

Decidueye doesn't make any sense. I don't even like it that much, but it's always disappointing when a pokemon has cool options and potential but it ends up being garbage.
>>
>>31179994
>With Liquid Voice it will have two STAB spread moves that don't
*hit your ally, giving it a strong use in doubles.
>>
>>31179804
His speed is a part of it but it's the entire pokemon in and of itself. Grass and Ghost are both much better defensively than offensively. Not to mention he's weak to Knock Off which almost every pokemon that can run it does even Alomolala. His strongest stabs are dual 80 BP, his speed is middling so he can be worn down over time.

His support set far outclassses any offensive set he can run. A defogger that isn't weak to rocks is both rare and valuable. It's why people run bulky Flygon over offensive flygon and it's his support set that would truly make the pokemon shine. If I ran Decideye I don't even think I'd use spirit shackle. I'd just run him with Defog, Synthesis, Leaf Blade and U-Turn.
>>
incineroar is one I can seeing being the best as time goes on

intimidate is a great ability for its already good natural bulk and eventual move tutors will probably give it some good moves like knock off
>>
>>31180046
>If I ran Decideye I don't even think I'd use spirit shackle. I'd just run him with Defog, Synthesis, Leaf Blade and U-Turn.
Okay, you shouldn't use Decidueye but if you do, Spirit Shackle is needed. Ghost hits nearly everything neutrally and it traps. It's an amazing move on a mediocre pokemon.
>>
>>31179109
Incineroar's movepool isn't really that good compared to Arcanine. Arcanine gets some pretty cool stuff like Close Combat, Extremespeed and Wild Charge.
>>
Wait that got me thinking why would someone make this thread. We all ready know decidueye's problems, so what if decidueye is not better then the other two in competitive. Big woop it's not as if Nintendo did this with every other grass starter before.

But this doesn't matter anyways cuz decidueye is still the most popular, and when ash's rowlet turns into a op decidueye in the anime. People won't be talking that much about his stats anymor. And if you think ash won't get one in the anime cuz rowlet is a lazy backpack Bird. Think again sun and moon will get serious in the future and so will rowlet. And plus there's no other starter in alola that fits smash bros better then decidueye.
>>
>>31180057
I don't get how seemingly every single early route shitmon can get pursuit and sucker punch but he doesn't. It's like GF knew it would be too good on him
>>
>>31180201
I know man, it's so stupid. I really hope he gets those moves with a tutor and I really hope Primarina gets Boomburst so Liquid Voice becomes useful in singles. For Decidueye i don't really see much that can fix him, WoW would be cool i guess
>>
File: 1481609044790.png (671KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481609044790.png
671KB, 1000x1000px
>>31180082
That's a good point. Offensive Arcanine was outclassed in gen 6 UU by Entei which got Sacred Fire that gen. Entei pretty much blows all other physical fire type users out of a niche in that tier. Arcanine is one of the few with a movepool, statspread and abilities flexible enough to maintain it's position in that tier as well as finding a new niche for itself as a bulky defensive mon thanks again to gen 6 introducing fairies. I love Arcanine so much. He's the glue that held a lot of my teams together. Could always count on him, he's a solid and reliable pokemon yet also extremely flexible.
>>
>>31180162

" so what if decidueye is not better then the other two in competitive. Big woop it's not as if Nintendo did this with every other grass starter before"

dude what

venasaur is the most used of the gen 1 starters in competitive throughout all generations being useful before his mega. gen 3 starters were all good with sceptile being useful for his speed and leafblade being great on him before becoming a physical in dp move split and still being somewhat useful after until his mega. contrary serperior is great if used appropriately and chesnaught has good bulk and movepool.

grass starters are pretty good overall
>>
Hes probably the least useful of this gens starters. He is okay at support, but right now hes meh in UU, considering all the really good mons that have dropped to UU I'm thinking he'll be solid RU. If this were last gen I could see him in UU but not this gen
>>
>>31180162

This post makes me somewhat cringe because we all know deep down Incineroar's the one that's going to be forced upon us all. And I say this as a Rowlet line fan.

>Wrestling theme
>The Tiger Mask symbolism (Tiger Mask being unbelievably popular in Japan, Greninja is basically a ninja, which Japan loves)
>It's going to act pretty much like the traditional personality of being cold and brute on the outside, kind and caring on the inside (this already began being interpreted in the anime)
>It's going to be essentially this generation's Charizard (fire tigers being akin to fire dragons)

kinda sad because for some reason, I was dying to see Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye's archery theme being more expanded upon in a interesting way animation wise and I'm not that big on wrestling any more.

>But Primarina

- is going to be this generations' marketable starter for young girls and to push their dreams even further (teach them to follow their dreams and work hard in order to pursue them, not letting anyone tell them or bully them otherwise). Popplio already began showing hints of this in the anime too.

I'd be lucky if I were to even witness Rowlet evolve into Dartrix in the anime, but I feel like that won't even happen.

at least Rowlet is cute as fuck in the anime and looks cuddly too
>>
>>31180356
The only grass starters who arent outshined competitively by their water or fire counterparts are Venasaur and Serperior.
>>
>>31180589
If it makes you feel better, I was hoping Decidueye would get the Greninja treatment
>>
>>31180356
I've been playing comp since gen 5 and this is pretty accurate.

Venasuar was on a ton of sun teams in OU and Ubers. Bellyzard was stuck in NU and Blastoise was spinning rocks away in UU. Mega-Venasuar in it's prime was a near unstoppable godlike stall machine. It pretty much forced greninja and raikou to run extrasensory just for it.

Meganium, sceptile and torterra are all completely BTFO'd by their rival starers until sceptile gets his mega,

Smugsnek finally got legal contrary in gen 6 and left NU at super sanic speeds.

Chestnaut's got a good niche going for him with a number of flexible sets and is doing a lot better than delphox.

Only 2/6 of the grass starters are worse off competitively than their rival starters. Meganium's complete trash but torterra is still salvageable as a rocks setter.
>>
>>31180653

chesnaught is still good and has his own uses less than greninja but more than delphox

sceptile is good and has alot of speed and power despite not being the most useful mega and can be used more widely than mega swampert whos bound to rain

stop acting like grass starters are the most cucked race when 4 out of 7 are usable good
>>
>>31176499
Right now, RU or low UU it seems. All the utility in the world doesn't mean much if he doesn't have the stats to use them. That special attack stat is what really kills him. If that was redistributed into speed or defense or anywhere else really it'd help him tremendously.
>>
>>31180589
While you're probably right about Incineroar, Rowlet's popularity alone has ensured that it gets plenty of attention, even if as a mascot. I'm pretty sure that even Decidueye is still more popular than Primarina.

Speaking of which, no, Popplio is going to be the ignored starter of this gen. I can't think of a single time so far that Popplio/Primarina has gotten equal treatment to the others. As the starter theme proved, it'd just as well be replaced by Pikachu.
>>
>>31181040
The stat spread really is horrendous. Statwise, it only really has speed over the other two, and it's still on the slow side.
>>
>>31180589
Now let's get one thing out the way here. Fisrt you littraly have no proof that ash would get litten . And if you say the Chinese leaks, I can esly show you why the Chinese leaks were littraly going against you the entire time. And it's hard for you to ignore the fact that professor kukui has a lot incomon with litten. Just look at there eye shape fist of all and notice how simular they are. And incineroar takes the the little things that litten had incomon with kukui and brought it to a whole new level. Remember the masked royal. The anime was giving litten as much screen time as he needs until they reveal what his real role is in the anime. You see Nintendo likes to play with people's emotions. You littenfanboys are there next target. Isn't it obvious already, you all thought that ash was going to catch litten in episode 7. Guess what happened, he didn't. Nintendo at that moment just told you already that litten wasn't going into ash team. But by all means littenfanboys keep on saying that incineroar would be ash ash's new greninja. It's just like us rowlet fans and decidueye's speed, we anticipated it would be over 100 but Nintendo played with our emotions. And it's going to be the same with litten. He's going to be an incineroar But he won't be in ash's team. But seriously don't mind me keep on hyping up your cat. But it's up to you figure out the truth behind the sean.
>>
>>31181190
Owlfag I dunno how you expect people to read all of that, but you're wrong. Ash is getting Litten and it's going to be his main fighter. Rowlet will be the cute one that doesn't evolve. And Popplio will appear once every 20 episodes to remind us that it exists.
>>
I've seen a few, but keep in mind that UU is kind of a mess right now. He might see more usage once some of the Pokemon that are too good for the tier get phased out.
>>
>>31181271
Okay then littenfag, your head conon is just as stupid as the people who thought ash would beat the league in the last gen. It seems so possible but it never happens. It's quit sad now that I think about it.
>>
>>31181271
And if you think about it even more you'll also notice that in all of ash's jernoys he never has his backpack with him. So go on continue thinking rowlet would be a backpack Bird.
>>
>>31179994
Stop thinking "Smogon" and start thinking "in-game."
>>
File: Special Ed.png (319KB, 451x436px) Image search: [Google]
Special Ed.png
319KB, 451x436px
>>31181190

I believe I've read this train of thought somewhere. Same kind of grammar too.

I'm not sure who's going to be THE starter for Ash this gen, but if you somehow get lucky on your predictions, all I have to say is kudos on reaching to such conclusions because not everyone is quick to think of such situation.

Come to think of it, it kind of, kind of makes sense, given the whole Kukui/Masked Royal situation and whenever I'd confront him, there was never really an instant where I wouldn't think of Incineroar given the whole wrestling thing, even Battle Royale is situated in a battle ring, where wrestling does occur. Of all three starters, the Litten line does seem to be the most fitting one.

But again, I'm not sure if any of this will happen, I can't predict the future.
>>
>>31181629
It isn't gonna happen because Incineroar is clearly the most promoted started of this gen. No way they'd shaft it by giving it to Kukui. If they weren't gonna give it to Ash they'd give it to whatshisface fire guy.
>>
I love how every thread ends up with Decidueye fags and Incineroar fags shitting on each other for the most important anime role
>>
File: Comes with sauce.png (354KB, 490x434px) Image search: [Google]
Comes with sauce.png
354KB, 490x434px
>>31181715
>What's-his-face fire guy

Kiawe.

And what's exactly preventing him from getting one? Unless the anime follows pokemon teams in-game strictly, that's one way of it not happening.

>>31181749

I can't really see such a role as that meaningful, especially given that having such role might mean that pokemon losing in a upcoming league battle ala Greninja

Frog did great, by the way, despite not really winning. That frog was great, his overhyped form, not so much. Kinda ruins his design.
>>
we dont know for sure if ash is getting litten or not but well see

hes had experience with abused fire types that become his ace and litten falls into that niche

he may join ash before he goes to the next island

or maybe he wont and hes just a one off pokemon that well maybe see a few times again

only time will tell
>>
>>31178876

Anon, not everything is sweeper or tank. He may be a counter to some RU walls, trapped
>>
>>31181715
I can see kiawe getting incineroar But there's a lot of things that goes against him getting it. And one of those big things is alolan merrowak. And remember kukui plays a bigger role in the games then kiawe, ash will probably forget kiawe after beating his trial. And I also feel like litten needs a bigger role in the anime too. I feel like litten and rowlet would be good rivals in the anime. Litten would be the guy who triggers rowlet and gets him out of his lazy state in the anime. And that would be a good story were we focus on the pokemons rivalry. And maybe that's why ash's rowlet never ment face to face with litten. Cuz there saving it for a future rivalry.
>>
File: oh muh gerd.png (34KB, 130x130px) Image search: [Google]
oh muh gerd.png
34KB, 130x130px
>>31182390
>And maybe that's why Ash's Rowlet never met face to face with Litten. Because they're saving it for a future rivalry.

The more I read this, the more it makes sense. You're beginning to scare me, dude. It's still a pretty far out prediction, but still.
>>
>>31182250
Anyone else feels that the story of ash catching a pokemon with a sad backstory that becomes his mvp. Getting a little bit overused, cough cough charizard,sceptile cough cough infernape,greninja cough cough. And the only time they noticed this is in unova, tetpig was close to becoming the infernape of unova. But hopefully they stopped at their tracks.
>>
>>31182569
Don't worry my productions end right at the battle royal part, I honestly don't know what happens from their.
>>
>>31182578
To be honest I feel like they intended to evolve tepig all the way, and its evolution to pignite implied this. It's just that at some point in production they realized how hated emboar was and stopped right in their tracks.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.