[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate Kalos. Im an hour into X and it seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 1483159430644.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483159430644.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
Why does everyone hate Kalos.

Im an hour into X and it seems more polished than SM by a long amount.
>>
>not knowing /vp/ has iredeemaby shit tastes
Really dude?
>>
>>31174524
because it's hip to fuck bees___
>>
>>31174538
Not only vp, everybody hate Kalos, spwcially nips
>>
>>31174524
why is zubat about to eat a giant green marshmallow?
>>
>>31174524
The sad part about X and Y is that the first few hours ARE good. The stretch in between the first and second gym give the impression it will be a long game with sprawling routes in between every Gym.

But it's all downhill from there.
>>
>>31174557
Why arent you about to eat a giant green marshmallow?
>>
>>31174524
nuzlocking it currently and hating myself for it
>>
>>31174524
>an hour in

Sure. Then you get to Shalour City and you realize how shit the game is, since you already ignored route 1 and Santalune Forest.
>>
File: 1483319828017.jpg (13KB, 171x190px) Image search: [Google]
1483319828017.jpg
13KB, 171x190px
>>31174583
OP here

I enjoyed the forest a ton what was wrong with it?

I caught some neat stuff in thurr
>>
>>31174594
>neat stuff

pikachu maybe and what else?

dw op the game looked promising and then gf kinda decided "thats enough game right? we can just piss the rest of this away right?" was tolerable in 2013 and now feels like a chore when i look back on it
>>
>>31174524
>Im an hour into X
This is the reason.
XY are alright for the first few hours. The pacing is nice, there's a somewhat decent balance between old and new Pokémon in the earlier areas, the difficulty is at a good level, and the region generally feels like it has its own identity with its rolling hills and palaces and such.
The game unfortunately goes to shit once you finish the third gym and get access to Mega Evolution for the first time, and it starts to crumble even before that point. Everything it has going for it in the first few hours is gone, and it never gets that good again.
>>
I havent played XY but it looks like a REALLY big game looking at the many features it has
>>
File: 1483159050144.jpg (441KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483159050144.jpg
441KB, 900x900px
>>31174630
Caterpie, weedle, the pans, fletchling, scatterbug

Added weedle to my party but the abundance of pokemon to catch and thr variety of them is a welcome break from YUNGOOSE RATTATA WINGULL LOLOLOL ALOLA that ive been dealing with for a month
>>
Kalos is easy and boring. They give you two starters off the back, Mega Evolutions, the exp share change, and the evil team was barely even relevant. Your partners or rivals are also extremely bland. The after-game is also by far the worst in the series.(Well maybe except Red and Blue) Don't forget this was the first region to introduce less than 100 new pokemon, coming right after Gen 5 which added the most. None of the Gym leaders were memorable, and besides the unique locations the whole region was kind of stale.
>>
File: UW.png (667KB, 1709x472px) Image search: [Google]
UW.png
667KB, 1709x472px
>>31174524
>Why does everyone hate Kalos
/vp/ retarded taste
XY is a really enjoyable games and Kalos a beatiful region. Also XY lore is really great (even better if you play ORAS because Delta Episode links perfectly both games). XY is a fun game, Kalos a beatiful region, Kalos Dex is the best regional dex ever made and Kalos lore is the most extensive and interesting, don't trust /vp/
>>
>>31174677
>stale
I mean dull
>>
>I'm an hour in
XY is good for the first 2 or 3 hours, up until you reach the 3rd gym
Then you beat the game in the next 2 hours since it's just a straight path
You know how Poni Island felt really rushed and linear? That's the majority of XY
>>
>>31174594
Santalune forest is literally a copypasted Viridian forest
>>
>>31174679
>t. Professor Sycamore
>>
File: 1483262191318.png (268KB, 509x607px) Image search: [Google]
1483262191318.png
268KB, 509x607px
>>31174724

The fuck was wrong with viridian forest?
>>
>>31174524
i would usually say it's because of the "honeymoon" period where kids are still delighted with the newest toy and shit on the older one, but another fact that can't be overlooked is that gamefreak decided to break the patterns and never gave kalos another chance. every generation before had one with third versions or, in case of unova, sequels, kalos got completely nothing
this makes it appear pretty lackluster compared to its predecessors and if gamefreak goes for another whack ass release pattern this gen, which is extremely likely due to generation change shenanigans occuring within nintendo's little world right now, alola will suffer the same fate
>>
>>31174755
There's nothing wrong with Viridian forest, but when you literally just copy it for your ""new"" game for nostalgia pandering (and even include the same Pokemon, guys remember Weedle???) you just rob the game of any unique identity it could have had. I hope you're ready for the "Tower of Lucario circlejerking"
>>
>>31174677
I'm actually suprised and glad that Game Freak didn't keep on with that trend of giving people popular pokemon for their parties. If I want a Lucario, I'll go catch a Riolu, you know?

After playing XY I really thought the next generation games would have easily enough gift pokemon to fill a party, Gen 1 starters, gen 6 starters, lucario, eevee etc.
>>
File: 1483165002725.jpg (279KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
1483165002725.jpg
279KB, 590x590px
>>31174864
That was my problem with alola.

I got to the end of the game and realized I had a single alola pokemon with me.

The game gave me so many old guys that I didn't even bother with alola shitmons which i feel detracted from the experience.

I liked gen 5 because it was like no fuck you use shitmons asshole. Play the game.
>>
>>31174824
I wonder if they originally intended to give XY a third version or sequel, Zygarde's existence and some of the unused stuff definitely seems to imply it.

Anyway, overall SM was more enjoyable to go through than XY was, which is likely because of the somewhat more interesting region and better difficulty. In XY, even without using Exp. Share I could easily blast through almost the entire game using just my starter while SM had some moments where I was close to wiping.(Totem Lurantis/Castform) Also, while the supporting cast of SM could get pretty annoying, it was nowhere near as awful as XY's friend gang.
>>
>>31174907
That's entirely your own fault though. You made the decision not to try out new Pokemon.
And XY is much, much worse in that regard. It has the largest regional dex in the series, at almost 500 Pokemon, and only a small number of them were actually introduced in that region.
>>
>>31174907
They seemed to get a pretty good balance in gen 6. It's not like you couldn't build a team out of old mons, but the new pokemon were everwhere. In SM it felt like they were pushing Alola forms even at the expense of actually new pokemon. It strikes me as odd that so many of them are either rare or hidden so they become post game only choices, realistically, considering the deliberate balance choices they made, like the low average speed and moveset limitations. During the game would have been a great place to show off stuff like Dhelmise, for example.

>>31174941
I had a team entirely of new mons, but let's not pretend it didn't feel like the game was trying to avoid stuff like that. 5% encounter rates are more than a meme. If I'd ever seen a Stufful during my first play, I woulda caught it, but I didn't.
>>
File: 1483159305932.jpg (301KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483159305932.jpg
301KB, 700x700px
>>31174941
I know it's my own fault. I kind of did it by accident.

Anyway, I'm waiting on a pokemon game with an all new dex.

Fuck it. Youre in a new area. No nostalgiamons. Learn, nigga.

BW almost had it but then some guy chucked me a magikarp post game and it all got fucked.
>>
>>31174987
Post game shouldn't matter anymore, after the main game, you should've had a team to explore the rest of the region to find the old favourites wondering around.
>>
>>31175056
It breaks the illusion personally.

And the nostalgiamon were clearly thrown in a bag and dumped into tall grass.

Why tf is kangaskan and marowak and farfetched and electabuzz all in the same area?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.