[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is straight considered bad in the Pokemon world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (62KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62KB, 200x242px
No seriously all the MC don't have a dad and have moved with their single mothers to another region for unknown reasons, the npcs parents like Silver, N, Guzma and Lillie & Gladion are all shit one treats them badly while the other don't do shit about it at all

Was there ever a good hetero couple in Pokemon? Pic related doesn't count since the kid will probably end up being a furry
>>
File: kukuiburnet.png (197KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
kukuiburnet.png
197KB, 500x296px
>>31172719
Kukui and Burnet are pretty much the best couple in the Pokemon universe
>>
File: 1481060368207.png (91KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481060368207.png
91KB, 500x600px
>>31172719
There's a book I don't remember the exact name of that has an interview with one of the guys who did a lot of design/artwork for the original anime and one of the quotes he has says that he went into the design process with the assumption that all the fathers were shit dads who left their families behind to try and be "pokemon masters", but most end up failing and just never go home.

That said, Norman's not too bad a dad, he should just spend less time at the gym and more time with your mom.
>>
>>31172719
>is straight considered bad
>when the issue is the lack of father characters on screen, not somehow a portrayal of all heterosexual relationships being bad
Do you not know what straight means?

Initially, in Gen I it was probably supposed to reflect the "typical" Japanese family life: Mom's at home, Dad's always out, kid goes out to play in a park or something to collect bugs. Except instead of a park it's an entire county and instead of normal bugs they're magical monsters.

Everything since then is probably just following formula and muh patterns like a lot of other idiosyncratic things about the series, even as the series got more global in scope. The only one actually probably lacking a father is, oddly enough, our most recent protag. Since they and their mom literally just moved half way across an ocean and there's zero indication of any sort of father even where there should be something. Even with the lack of indications in other games, they're also mostly just leaving from a long term home and certain normalities can be assumed. Or, in Gen III, they also just moved but they're the only ones with an actual on screen father. Who is incidentally the cause of the move.

There's not too many couples because it's a kids game and they don't focus on that. When they do, they come down largely on the straight side. Note the whole Male PC/Shauna thing in XY and what the devs said there. Heterosexuality is the assumed norm, and makes the odd exception, like that Hiker in BW/BW2 and the school girls in ORAS, stand out. We still have a few versions of a couple class, several major characters with families and opposite gender spouses, and so on.

Only the PC is ever really lacking both parents. Siblings too, interestingly enough, though no one every brings that up.
>>
It always seems to me like the moms moved to the new region because they just had a messy divorce. They wanted to get away from the dad and never talk about him. Your mom in SM couldn't even be bothered to finish unpacking the moving boxes because she was so emotionally fucked up.
>>
>>31172719
no it isn't
>>
>>31174078
Your dad is meowth though
>>
Did you forget norman or something
>>
>>31174030
I'm happy we don't have a sibling in the main pokemon games, knowing japan we would always get the ONII CHAN little sister or some shit like that. That said I would not mind having Cynthia or somebody like her has a older sister in the game.
>>
>>31174078
What if the dad died?
>>
File: 70a.gif (3MB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
70a.gif
3MB, 440x330px
>>31174385
>played Gale of Darkness
>that little shit which is our sister
>>
>>31174229
He was a shit dad in the manga tho
>>
File: Chap209p03RubyNorman.jpg (288KB, 1100x806px) Image search: [Google]
Chap209p03RubyNorman.jpg
288KB, 1100x806px
>>31174229
>>31174408
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.