[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: HeartGoldUS.jpg (394KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
HeartGoldUS.jpg
394KB, 800x728px
Is this a good game?
>>
>>31170958
Yeah it's probably the best of Gen IV, tied alongside Platinum, though I prefer the latter's region over Johto.
>>
>>31170958
It is, but I don't remember if the game always sounded like this, but the audio of the game is very grating on O3DS hardware, haven't checked if it still sounds like that on my N3DS
>>
Is abuseing the Chute Charms glitch cheating?
>>
The main game is good. The post game is a mess though. Pokemon levels in Kanto scale like they did in RBY. That means that you'll be fighting level 15 mons in your 50s. Also, since the Kanto gyms don't have a specific order to them, they're all around the same level (~50), which means the difficulty doesn't increase as you fight more gyms.

But the Battle Frontier's there, so that works well enough for post-game.
>>
>>31170958
am i being memed
>>
>>31171085
what do you mean?
>>
>>31170958
Only the best. It's almost a shame it hasn't been surpassed yet.
>>
>>31171028
yes if you rng'd your tid/sid
no if you got the tid/sid by accident

.t guy with cute charm glitch tid/sid on all his gen4 cartridges
>>
File: 1442837966634.png (651KB, 763x831px) Image search: [Google]
1442837966634.png
651KB, 763x831px
>yes if you rng'd your tid/sid
>rng is cheating
>>
>>31170968
Oh yes I'll have to download Platinum also I forgot about that one. The last Pokemon game I played was Pearl when it first game out.
>>
>>31170958
Yes
>>
>>31170958
every core pokemon game is good so yes
>>
Yeah, great games.

Though, for whatever reason I never got into it much. Beat it and the post-game, sure, but it was never like "AW YEAH HGSS" for me. Though I'm having the same problem with Crystal right now though actually.

I think I just hate Blackthorne and the Goldenrod radio tower shit, I always lose steam at that part of the game. No fucking idea why.
>>
>>31170958
Is this a Johto reference?
>>
>>31171720
WARY WARY DADY
>>
>>31171029
I thought that was only in the originals and they fixed that in these remakes. Sabrina, Blaine, and Blue are definitely stronger than the rest
>>
>>31171029
That's not true, the wild Pokemon are low but the trainer battles increased from GSC

>>31173667
The gym leader levels were changed tio
>>
>>31170958
Bets game ever created man, no pokemon game comes even close to the epicness that is HgSs.
>>
>>31170958
They are fantastic remakes. But the bad parts of them are also the bad parts of the original GSC. The biggest one being the obscurity of the actual Gen 2 mons, and the retarded level curve.

The game does so many things right though, that it doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>31170958
The best games along with BW2
Also did the small cohesive region thing good. Pretty much an Alola done right
>>
>>31170958
They could've done a better job with the importance of the legendaries, they are just there like "Hey player, there's a little episode in the plot where you catch us for no good reason, so come do it with the help of (spoilers)"

Also, the music is shit, I didn't like it at all, thankfully they added an option to turn every music into their 8bit version, you can even turn 8bit the music of a totally new route, which sounds fantastic in bot 8bit and normal style.

Other than that, they are great remakes (I like them better than ORAS and FRLG), many people in this thread ar bashing the retarded level curve, which indeed is retarded, but it also was like that in the original games, so...
>>
>>31170958
>>31173792
Oh, almost forgot, they added the Battle Frontier from Platinum, a genius decision if you ask me, it's challenging and fun.
>>
>>31170958
It's good but it's overrated as hell.

The remake only added better graphic, music and bells n whistles instead of actually improving the game like FRLG did.

The only significant changes were the additions of routes 47, 48, the Safari Zone, Viridian Forest and including the Gen 4 crossevos.

Otherwise it fixed none of the originals flaws, like the severely lacking variety in pokemon and the terrible level curve
>>
>>31173973
The Safari Zone and new routes specifically fixed the Pokemon variety

Changes like upping the levels of the postgame, and adding new things to do like the Pokeathelon dome are significant
>>
>>31173985
>The Safari Zone and new routes specifically fixed the Pokemon variety
It barely did a damn thing until you beat the league
>>
>>31173992
It put plenty of harder to find Pokemon there.

Its how I got a Huge Power Azumarill before facing Chuck and Jasmine
>>
>>31173973
Oh man, now that you mention crossgen evos. It always pissed me off in FR/LG that you couldn't Evolve Zubat into Crobat. That was pure horseshit.

I loved that I had a useful Togekiss thanks to the free egg. Modest/Serene Grace. It was pretty much my Ace in my first HG run.
>>
>>31173807
>it's challenging and fun.
You do realise you're talking about the gen 4 frontier right?
>>
>>31173992
it made misdreavus Larvitar and Murkrow not post game/end game pokemon
only needed houndour then it would fix its variety problem
>>
Hated the level curve but the rest was ok
>>
>>31174032
Which reminds me, no location based evos in HGSS.
In the gen they were introduced.
>>
>>31174038
People shit on the Gen 4 frontier too much.
>>
>>31174038
I skipped Gen 4 but I am playing Plat right now. What's wrong with the Gen 4 frontier? Emerald Frontier was a blast.
>>
>>31173973

I don't think FRLG improved the game that much either. Made it more in line with the main games as they were then rather than the weird RBY goodness, but they played it so safe and didn't really do anything. HGSS was a better remake but I completely agree with the criticism of the bells and whistles.
>>
>>31170958
Not just a good game, the best game
>>
>>31174109
They added the VS seeker so you'd never be moneyfucked, also the Sevii Isles helped round out the level curve, even though it didn't need it as much as GSC did.
>>
>>31174079
Its different and people like the old one more.
>>
>>31174119
> Moneyfucked
> in RBY
> When Missingo. exists

Really? Just clone a Nugget or something else that you can sell for value and sell infinite of them for infinite cash.
>>
>>31174038
Yeah, so what? It's not as good as Emerald's, but it's very fun.
At least it's not battle subway and battle subway reskin (battle tree).
>>
>>31174119

Okay I forgot about the VS Seeker, fair point. Why isn't that in every game? HGSS needed it the most, but no, the phone is still shitty. SM could have done with it too.
>>
>>31174148
> using glitches

t. cheater
>>
>>31174163
While the VS Seeker is better mechanically, I preferred how HGSS gave individual personalities to every single battle partner with the phone
>>
>>31171426
The only correct answer
>>
>>31170958
Absolutely. It's a great example of a fantastic remake, unlike ORAS.
>>
>>31174079
Well it reduced the amount of facilities to 5 and removed all of the variety so they're all just clones of the tower with sone kind of uninteresting gimmick that doesn't affect how you play.
Not to mention they made it incredibly easy and it still stands as the easiest postgame facility
>>
>>31174405
Yeah, it is the easiest facility. Though technically its 5 facilities
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.