[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they dark type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: asdf.jpg (52KB, 780x487px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
52KB, 780x487px
Why are they dark type?
>>
It's hiding in plain sight, just like your nose
>>
Silly anon.

"While it's unexpectedly quiet and friendly, if it's not fed any trash for a while, it will smash its Trainer's furnishings and eat up the fragments."
>>
Because they said so
>>
Laziness, like Meowth and Raticate.
>>
File: girugamesh_guy.png (173KB, 630x374px) Image search: [Google]
girugamesh_guy.png
173KB, 630x374px
>>31161287
Because GIRUGAMESH
>>
>>31161558
Agreed. Raticate I get (night-dwelling rodent known for theft) but Meowth the lucky pampered kitty? Nope.
>>
>>31161287
cause oil i guess
>>
>>31161287
because in japan it's called 'Evil type' and this guy doesn't look very nice
>>
>>31161580
Meowth was already half-way to being a dark-type, being a nocturnal stray cat monster that favors stealing shit, biting, and scratching the fuck out of foes.
>>
>>31161566
absolutely ancient meme
>>
>>31161287
Because Muk backwards
>>
>>31161580
Dark is also evil, and Alolan Meowths are even bigger bitches than regular ones
>>
>>31161287
Yeah, people haven't really seemed to pick up on this, but much like the box legends this gen, I'm pretty sure Alolan Muk is based on Alchemy. Nigredo, specifically.

(And I mean it's HA is literally called Power of Alchemy, so...)

I'm not that well-read with alchemy but I know enough. Basically the whole goal of Alchemy is to create a philosopher's stone. The first stage to do that is called Nigredo, which means "the blackening", and it basically represents decomposition and decay. Something black and dead and unhealthy.

Maybe the crystals on Alolan Muk are the beginnings of a philospher's stone. If it doesn't represent Nigredo, then it might just be a reference to transmutation. Either way the alchemy thing is there.
>>
>>31162322
source on the legendaries being based on alchemy?
>>
>>31161287
it eats garbage
>>
>>31161287
Why is Cloyster part Ice type?
>>
>>31161580
What pisses me off with ratitcate is that they kept the normal typing tagged on him.

Yay you get to keep your STAB on your "many powerful" normal moves while now being 4x weak to fighting
>>
>>31163278
That wouldn't be so bad if it had better stats and abilities. Double STAB priority (Quick Attack and Sucker Punch) can be quite nice.
>>
>>31161580
They're sinful. Muk and Raticste committed the sin of Gluttony. Persian is the sin of Pride.
>>
>>31163326
I don't find gluttony a worthwhile ability at all and hustle isn't worth the trade off, and thick fat doesn't work on him.

Should have just kept guts on him so at least he can have flame orb gimmick
>>
File: muk.jpg (79KB, 400x279px) Image search: [Google]
muk.jpg
79KB, 400x279px
Because it's an oil spill or something. Oil is dark... I guess.
>>
>>31163194
So it gets STAB off Icicle Spear
>>
>>31161287
dark also = evil, nefarious, etc., not just literally dark/black/shady. it makes sense if you actually understood what certain types really mean.
>>
>>31161287
>Alolan Muk and Raticate's lore is all about eating
>Guzzlord is literally UB-05 Glutton (Gluttony in Japanese)
>Alolan Persian is Garfield/Heathcliff
>Incineroar gets Leech Life
Dark is now the glutton type.
>>
>>31163608
Edgy people are fat? Wow. I always thought they were round
>>
>>31163371
Gluttony is shit and thick fat is fucking horrible.
If it had gotten Adaptability, which some people on /vp/ thought of right when people said Vulpix was gonna get Snow Warning, it would've been wayyyy better. But no, they had to give it to the mongoose who already had two great abilities.
Nope. Shittier attack, shittier speed, defensive abilities but the defenses are still shit. Probably the most retarded thing GF has ever done.
>>
>>31163679
>stakeout
>good

It would be if it wasn't on a shitty normal Pokemon that nobody would ever switch out on. It would be great on a dragon or steel or anything that had a hard check that people would be swapping their Pokemon for.

Oh and if it gave priority and made it like an attack like pursuit then it would rank as one of the best abilities
>>
>>31161558
>nigger type
now I want a gangsta gym leader who uses houndoom line mostly
>>
>>31161287
Because there were no dark types in gen I
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.