[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /vp/'s unadulterated opinion on the Tapus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1479321053448.png (87KB, 248x255px) Image search: [Google]
1479321053448.png
87KB, 248x255px
What is /vp/'s unadulterated opinion on the Tapus?
>>
Genies 2.0
>>
>>31160767
They don't fit in with the series and they're overdesigned tbqh. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>31160767
New Genies: mostly unpleasant to look at and cancer of the metagame
>>
>>31160767
They're all 10/10. Except Lele, who is 11/10.
>>
>>31160767
Pretty good designs

A bit too good though, I hope Lele goes to ubers because of Terrain

It really fucks the meta up
>>
I like all of them except Bulu.

I think Bulu is the worst by far, design-wise and competitive-wise.
>>
>>31160783
this
>>
>>31160807
I thought people had been saying Fini was the least competitive.
>>
i don't like them

topu cuck and topu bull

>subliminal
>>
>>31160767
Poison Jab on Offensive Garchomp is no longer a meme move since it's it best way for it to get around Bulu, and to a lesser extent, Fini and Lele
>>
>>31160818
Which is true, but Fini has been getting more and more usage as of late, especially in doubles formats.
>>
>>31160767
i like their designs better then genies but yeh they dominate the meta maybe even more the genies ever did
>>
>>31160767
I don't care, they're just legendary pokemon
>>
Threadly reminder that Silvally, Tapus and UBs are legendaries without being called so.
>>
>>31160767
they broke af

Way too format warping.
>>
I am actually ok with the tapus being this good. I feel like they're more "special" than the other legendaries.
>>
File: 1481862822954.jpg (961KB, 1500x1287px) Image search: [Google]
1481862822954.jpg
961KB, 1500x1287px
If the Genies looked this good, maybe I wouldn't hate them as hard.
>>
>>31160778
The genies were literal palette swaps of each other, though, while the tapus all have unique designs while only sharing a theme, and their pokedex entries as well as some of the lore mentioned in-game even give them some personality.

The genies were just kind of...There. Did any NPCs even mention them? Not to mention, they were a trio introduced in a generation that already had a legendary trio, namely the swords of justice.
>>
>>31161012
I thought silvally and the tapus were referred to as legendaries in the pokedex?
>>
>>31161204
Tapu's are Land Spirits, and Type Null line is 'indescribable'
>>
Tapus are the best legendary set ever, design wise
They are strong but fun to use and I think actually all pretty close in power
personally I favor Lele but that is because she fits in with my 'one targeted nuke per team' approach
>>
>>31160767
I thought they would have a bigger role in the story. We only got "lore" and offscreen UB fighting that we never got a resolution to.

Aside from Tapu Koko, they get sidelined into "obligatory post-game legendary trio/quartet."
>>
>>31161012
>>31161406
Tapus are legendaries much like the regis, the legendary birds, the swords of justice ets are legendaries. They're not necessarily 'ubers' but they are powerful, unique Pokémon.

I don't consider UBs legendaries but this is a grey area. My reasoning is that they are common in Ultra Space, which makes them non-legendary.

Type:Null and Silvally are not legendaries though. They're limited quantity artificial Pokémon. If you're calling them legendaries you might as well call Porygon or Lapras legendaries in gen I.
>>
Something about Fini. I dunno, I really love her design
>>
>>31161097
he meant in regards to competitive, anon
>>
Good design and gameplay

Wish the birds and beasts were this good
>>
>>31160767
I'm mad that their types don't match up with their Island's Oriecorio
>>
>>31160767
I wished they fit together like a Totem Pole. Bar that good lore.
>>
>>31161510
Magearna
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.