[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all the talk and paranoia about potential Kanto remakes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Kantodex with Crossgen.png (85KB, 670x418px) Image search: [Google]
Kantodex with Crossgen.png
85KB, 670x418px
With all the talk and paranoia about potential Kanto remakes, I decided to analyse a theoretical New Kantodex to see how our original 151 have grown. Take it as a potential dex for the potential installment.

And they have grown to 182. An impressive number.
>>
>>31155027
Goddamnit I forgot Kingdra.
Make that 183.
>>
>>31155027
Unavaliable until you become the champion. Regional dex is still 150 for the nostalgia :^)
>>
>>31155056
This.
They'd never get rid of the "original 151".
>>
I think you should add Gen 2 Pokemon that can (only) be found in Kanto.
>>
>>31155027
>no Kingler
>Miltank

What?
>>
>>31155056
I'd be pretty rustled if that happened, despite its inevitable nature. ORAS gave us Gallade, Magnezone and the like.
>>
>>31155084
Hoenn dex isn't as iconic as Kanto dex.
>>
>>31155084
That's what FRLG did. I was so pissed when finally I have reason to get Zubat and then it wont evolve until after the league. BS
>>
>>31155110
At least the Kanto re-remakes will give us the chance to get Espeon and Umbreon in-game without needing to trade this time, right?
>>
Each pair of remakes was less restricive
>FRLG: lol no new Pokemon period until National
>HGSS: okay, we can't prevent these five at all, so have them. By the way, forget about Magnezone, Leafeon or Glaceon (and Probopass)
>ORAS: Have them. ALL OF THEM. WE'LL EVEN THROW IN THE ROCKS AND MAGNETIC FIELD.
>>
>>31155027
No Kingdra?
>>
>>31155027
Missing Kingler in addition to Kingdra. Also if you're including Miltank you should also include Heracross and Lugia.
>>
>>31155138
Each gen was is also less liked by people.

It feels contradictory to remake gen 1 to lure in all those 20 somethings that stopped after gen 1, and then add reminders that "oh yeah, Pokemon is a mess now".
>>
Did anyone notice that most Alola form had a type that wasn't very common in gen 1 Pokemon?

Vulpix and Sandshrew line Ice type
Rattata, Meowth and Grimer Dark type
Sandshrew and Diglett Steel type
Ninetales Fairy type
Marowak Ghost type
Exeggutor Dragon type

Although they are Alola forms, I think there is a chance both the regular form and Alola forms would be in a Kanto remake
>>
>>31155056
Completely stupid when FRLG did this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it again to protect returning genwun fans from the 'digimon'
>>
>>31155256
I wonder what would cause a bigger shitstom, Alolan forms and Megas in Kanto or lack of them?
>>
>>31155171
The exclusion of Kingler and Kingdra was accidental. Also I actually thought of including Lugia, but I was thinking some sort Regigigas thing instead.

>>31155284
The main point of Alola forms are to not be in Kanto, but Megas are very possible.
>>
>>31155284
>put some Sightseers in the game who use Alolan forms
>make either a postgame area where Alolan forms are catchable or a hold item that gives you Alolan forms as hatchlings
That's the Alolan form 'problem' solved. Megas could also be postgame only and be used by the E4 and your rival in the rematches only.
>>
What's the reasoning behind another gen 1 remake? When they first started doing remakes I thought the point was so that gen 1/2 pokemon games could transfer to current gens but given we got ORAS I guess that's out the window.
>>
>>31155329
Just put the Alola Forms in the Safari Zone. Problem solved!
>>
>>31155356
Safari Zone extension*
>>31155346
In case of ORAS it's because you can use Pal Park only on a certain DS that supports it.
>>
>>31155308
I'd add in all of the Johto Pokemon that were intended to be in the Kanto dex but became Missingno. instead. Skarmory and Heracross are two that were planned iirc.
>>
>>31155374
>Safari Zone extension*
That's also a good idea. I guess you could also put the rock where you can evolve Exeggcute, Pikachu and Cubone in their Alolan evos there.
>>
>>31155374

Yeah, it's tedious for sure and requires now outdated hardware and old games, but you could still do it. You couldn't take pokemon from gen 1/2 to any new gen at all.
>>
>>31155393
>I guess you could also put the rock where you can evolve Exeggcute, Pikachu and Cubone in their Alolan evos there.
>making Safari Zone another generic route like in ORAS

Please stop
>>
>>31155408
>he actually liked Safari Zone

Boy, did I ever tell you about that Shiny Seaking I randomly found in Kanto Safari Zone?

I am still a bit salty, even though I caught two Shinies since that accident.
>>
>>31155408
The last time we got a Safari Zone was in HGSS. I don't see why we suddenly would get them back.
>>
>>31155418
It's not a matter of liking it or not, but surely a remake shouldn't DE-make things.
>>
>>31155426
>demake
This world is purely used in video games industry. You're thinking of unmaking something. or rem(ove)aking it
>>
>>31155027
Where is Kingler ?
>>
>>31155110
The fact that they haven't done that for the GS and RS remakes makes me think they wouldn't do it for these.

I remember being so fucking pissed when I traded my Scyther holding a Metal Coat to a friend because I wanted a Scizor, and then he couldn't fucking trade it back yet.

>>31155408
How about instead of having to level there, your pokemon just pops out of its ball and walks towards it, and the game asks if you want it to touch the rock?
>>
>>31155027
>they will actually make kanto re-remakes
>it will contain a fuck you to anyone who likes a region other than kanto
>>
File: Kanto+.png (270KB, 331x696px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto+.png
270KB, 331x696px
you did this poorly
>>
>>31155346
>>31155374
>Thinking remakes aren't purely for money now
>>
>>31156080
I like it. If they added a few Gen II Kanto Pokemon (Like Houndour/Houndoom and Murkrow/Honchcrow) to help make up for the lack of Dark and Steel Pokemon, and a feasible ingame way to get Alolan forms, I'd be cool with this as a regional dex for an updated Kanto game.
>>
>>31156115
>Thinking pokémon wasn't always purely for money
it's called a 'franchise' for a reason dummy
>>
>>31155279
How Things like Bellossom/Politoed/The Babies can be even considred as Digimons
>>
>>31155393
It would be cool if you could get alola forms on the sevii islands, but knowing GF they'd probably be removed.
>>
>>31157731
>Route 5 Daycare and Island 4 daycare
>Route 5 Daycare gives original versions
>Island 4 Daycare gives Alolan Formes
>Evolving Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone on any Sevii Isle gives Alolan formes

Fuggin fund it.
>>
>>31157603
Because if you include them you'll have to include stuff like Magmortar, Rhyperior and Electivire.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.