[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon World Towns/Cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: The Pokemon World Settlements.jpg (3MB, 4946x1573px) Image search: [Google]
The Pokemon World Settlements.jpg
3MB, 4946x1573px
It took a while but I finally finished this. Figured it could help with over-world discussions, since /vp/ is too much shitposting.

So what do you think of the towns in the games? Does Alola's stack up to the earlier Gens?
>>
File: shit saitama.png (216KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
shit saitama.png
216KB, 600x338px
>>31143483
>he actually screenshoted all towns
>>
Alola's cities/towns are pathetic. Every other regions towns are better. Unova is also the most urban imo.
>>
>>31143483
For me, I loved how the ones in Johto all have background lore, like how Mahogany is a ninja town or the story for Sprout Tower.

Also, Unova has a lot of memorable locations.

Sinnoh and Hoenn have a lot of great places, but their bad places are really bad, and they have the most entirely pointless places.

Kalos is like Hoenn/Sinnoh but without the good places.

Alola has the least and I figure each would be a lot better because of that, bu they are still really underwhelming.

It goes Unova>Johto>Hoenn=Sinnoh>Sevii=Kalos>Alola=Kanto

>>31143552
It was mainly a few a day. I cant remember how long it took though
>>
>>31143570
Agreed. The simplest way to see this is look at their biggest city compared to the rest. Hau'oli CIty is downright tiny
>>
>>31143483

I've always thought that Unova's have the most character. They feel distinct from each other, and the most like real places in the series.
>>
>>31143701
Yeah, in some other regions, you'll forget or mix up a few towns because they blend together.

The three towns in Hoenn come to mind. Lavaridge, Fallarbor and Venandurf are so bland.
>>
>>31143847

Exactly. I've forgotten half the towns in Kalos and Hoenn despite playing both of those regions within the last couple of years, but I remember just about every place in Unova, even though it's been longer. They just felt very distinct and memorable to me.
>>
>>31143847
Fallarbor is memorable to me, if only for the music.
Lavaridge is memorable because it has the worst gym in the entire series, and has a hot spring connected to the pokemon center.
Had to look up verdanturf though.
>>
>>31143905
Kalos is one of the worst offenders, It's the only region where I cant even remember all the names
>>
>>31143847
How is Fallarbor town bland when it looks nothing like the other towns?
>>
>>31143920
What's so bad about Lavaridge Gym?
>>
>>31144018
It looks good, but I tend to mix it up with the other two in terms of what happens there
>>
>>31144088
I just remember getting lost constantly. Even on my latest playthrough it took me a few tries.
>>
>>31144138
It is pretty maze like
>>
>>31143965
GF itself didn't care about anything but Lumiose. Just look at how they left Geosenge
>>
>>31143483
I didn't realize kanto had so few, and of course Unova has the most.
>>
>>31144339
>Geosenge
Thanks for reminding me about that shithole.

By far the worst town in the entire series. It made me legitimately angry to see what happened in my first (and only) playthrough of Y.
>>
>>31144339
This is true. Lumiose alone has more people than entire regions, and then everything else is pointless. Aquacorde and Santalune are fucking worthless

And I only remembered Santalune because its also an forest
>>
>>31144369
Yeah, its just surprising Kanto has so few and they still managed to make one with less.

I'm giving a lot of respect to Sinnoh, managed to have almost as much without getting a sequel
>>
File: Rage.png (94KB, 673x329px) Image search: [Google]
Rage.png
94KB, 673x329px
>>31144549
>And I only remembered Santalune because its also an forest
I remember it because it was a copy of Viridian Forest that comes after a forced Pidgey encounter on a route with permanent 100% catchrate.
Fuck Gen VI and fuck Kalos
>>
>>31144839
Its pathetic that the most memorable thing about the town is its surrounded by shit places.
>>
>>31144379
>worst
>when Ever Grande, Tapu Village and Odale exist
>>
>>31144839
>on a route with permanent 100% catchrate.
really? that makes the shiny fletchling I found as my second encounter after getting pokeballs slightly less cool
>>
>>31145654
I actually already forgot that Tapu Village existed. I've forgotten about some of the other towns throughout the series but I never forgot about them within a couple weeks of getting the damn game.
>>
>>31144549
>>31144839
>w-w-waaaaaa muh genwun! waaaaaaaa

Kek, stay mad, antigenwunner cucks.
>>
>>31145892
What are you talking about?
>>
>>31145887
I think it is definitely the worst town in the series.

Sure Buku destroyed it, but Ruins of Alph are also ruins and that still looks like an actual town. Solaceon also has ruins.

Tapu Village is just an empty clearing with a Pokemon Center
>>
>>31143483
>There are only 9 towns in SM
>Two of them (Po town and Tapu village) have nobody truly living in it
Welly meyk U fink
>>
>>31146017
Don't forget Paniola Town
>>
>>31145971
>>31146017
Yeah I was really disappointed with Alola. There are too many areas with wasted potential
>>
Paniola town was cool, I wish there was more to it. The others were all meh.
>>
>>31146183
Maile City felt like the best and most fully realised location, and it's just based om Johto. Every other town was either one street or empty
>>
>>31146168
I like Alola, but I really dont get what people see in it when they say it's their favourite
>>
Konikoni twice but no maile
>>
>>31146417
>Konikoni and Maile look THIS similar
>>
>>31146417
>>31146433
Konikoni had the best city/town music in the game.
>>
>>31146546
(You) are correct
>>
File: tfwnofrontier.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnofrontier.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>31143483
you forgot the Battle Resort / Frontier for Hoenn
>>
>>31148907
I didnt think it should have been counted. Like, the Frontiers in Gen 4 weren't towns, they had towns by their entrances.
>>
>>31148980
Eh shouldn't the Resort count as that then? There's beach] houses to the side [before heading up to the Maison
>>
>>31145971
I remember looking at the map at the start of the game and saw tapu village, which included the whole area from the beach to mount lanakila, and when I read the description of Tapu village I thought there was gonna be a nice ruined village at the top of the mountain or something. I was VERY disappointed.
>>
>>31149089
Probably. I pretty much just used the things Bulbapedia included in their cities and towns list, or I'd have added stuff like Village Bridge and Seven Stars Resort.
>>
>>31146546
Konikoni was my favourite town due to that whole street market thing it had going. I just wish it was bigger and had more speciality shops like an apricorn ball shop you get when you beat the league or complete the Alola dex
>>
>>31149178
I liked the Konikoni concept, but I'd have liked it more in a region with more substantial towns. In Alola, it felt like yet another town with few locations outside shops and Pokemon Centres.

Thinking about it, it's pretty much Safari Zone Gate, which I fucking love for some reason.
>>
>>31149161
Same. I was excited for Gen 7 ruins but they failed to deliver
>>
>>31145892
Kalos isnt worth the shitposting mate
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.