[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Game Freak so lazy and incompetent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2078.jpg (54KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2078.jpg
54KB, 720x720px
Why are Game Freak so lazy and incompetent?
>>
File: 1474853281980.png (118KB, 451x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474853281980.png
118KB, 451x400px
>>31136402
>yokai watch
>>
because you'll buy the game anyways
>>
>>31136402
Consumerism.
GameFreak can milk as much money as they can out of their fanbase, all they have to do is hype and publish a game. Regardless of the quality of this game it doesn't determine the sales because people will buy it nonetheless. They are enabled by people who purchase their games.
>>
>>31136402
Aren't all game companies now a days? It's all about getting something flashy out quick as you can. No one wants to spend the time or money making a better game, they just need a hit that'll sell now. Xbox and cellphones killed the industry. Blame the normies.
>>
>>31136429
I really should consider pirating the next Pokemon games to come out after Stars or whatever that is if it turns out to be shit. Hopefully the Switch's software will be easy to illegitimately obtain.
>>
t. indie games are superior
>>
>>31136402
They were a sub-par developer that struck gold. They have no reason to improve because no matter what, Pokemon will always sell.
>>
>>31136451
Indie games or not, I love it when you can see that a game's devs have put their hearts into making it.
>>
>>31136438
Good, if GameFreak wants to be incompetent and lazy then they should be denied being paid for it. They have years to develop a game whilst clutching a couple millions of dollars in their asses and yet they shit out something so mediocre and indecent.
>>
>>31136456
>the mon catching game gets popular
What about SMG, though?

And if we really want to get technicall, there was a card game that predated even SMG.
>>
>>31136482
Wait, what's SMG? Is that an acronym for Shin Megami Tensei?
>>
File: 450px-Sterling-Mk-4.jpg (14KB, 450x203px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Sterling-Mk-4.jpg
14KB, 450x203px
>>31136494
>>
>>31136494
>think about Shin Megami Tensei
>spell SMG
goddammit I had one job
>>
>>31136438
I wouldn't count on it. Wii U took like 4 years to hack.
>>
>>31136402
Would you like to enlighten us what you're doing in your life that's less lazy and incompetent than being a professional game dev for 20 years rolling in millions of $?
>>
>>31136438
So if it does turns out to be shit, why pirate at all? That seems horribly counterproductive.
>>
>>31136668
If you don't buy it, you don't enable their laziness.
>>
In my opinion, Sun and Moon were pretty good.
It's true, sometime those freaks really drop the ball...but it's quite unfair to say that they put no effort into their games
>>
>>31136424
This. The fanbase are addicts and gamefreak provide the tainted coke.
>>
>>31136630
/thread
>>
Because why put in the effort when your market will ALWAYS eat up any shit that has the pokemon label slapped in it
>>
>>31136429
Beautiful post. I've boycotted two games now since XY because as a consumer the only power we have is our power NOT to buy. Some people don't understand this and think gamefreak will change even if they go out and allow themselves to be robbed.
>>
File: 1477584316037.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1477584316037.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>31136806

If they're so lazy they shouldn't be producing a game you want to bother playing/pirating.
>>
>>31137713
The games aren't THAT unenjoyable.
>>
>>31136630
How much you cash is not equal to competency. What are you, a youtuber?
>>
>>31136806
No, I mean if the game itself is shit, won't wanting to play it through pirating kinda contradicts that?
And I don't think you imply you have shit taste.

Although there's the option of 'completing the series', something I'm guilty of.
>>
>>31136402
Because fans will defend. Take a look at this board and how they keep excusing all the laziness in SM.
>>
My favorite meme is that games are easy to make and that anon knows way more about game design, budgeting, and managing a company than anyone else.
>>
Lazy yes
Incompetent no, the fact they still sold millions without trying hard
>>
>>31137955
They're clearly technicely imcompetent. This is their third entry on the 3ds and instead of having fixed frame rate issues and other slow down problems. They just outtight removed the worst offending features.
>>
>>31139029
Will Hoopa-U crash the game, now that the trainers show up in battle?
>>
>>31136463
>putting their hearts into making it
>hearts

Grow the fuck up. It's making a product for an industry. Not a 5 year old glueing macaroni on paper.
>>
>>31136630
I don't have to be able to make a batter movie to know Last Airbender was shit, shill

>>31137955
They are probably more incompetent than lazy.
>>
>>31137162
this. When you make walking animtations for every mon in the dex, whether you end up including them in the game or not, it kind of proves your not lazy.

/vp/, you're retarded, and you need to realize that there's more complex reasons as to why things end up in a way you don't like. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's "lazy" or "incompetent."
>>
>>31139568
Yes, spending time making animations you won't use when other issues that affect the game need to be addressed is incompetent.

We're 3 games into the 3DS era and people are STILL using the "they had to animate models" excuse
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (75KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
75KB, 356x500px
>>31136544
Have a different SMG
>>
>>31136402
The same reason YouTube is so shitty. Plenty of money, no real competition, and they answer to absolutely no one. You will buy the games regardless.
>>
>>31141049
well they did have to design an entirely new region that deviated heavily from the previous formula and made very minimal use of tilesets
>>
>>31136630
he's been spouting hot opinions on 4chan :^)
>>
>>31136402
Anon's have already said it. We're enablers.

I get Nintendo's a company for children, I really do, but there's SO much potential with the Pokemon universe if they decided to get creative and make a side game that drops the "kid on a 'league' journey" theme. Something that involves the same world, but is more... expansive with options, different stories.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.