[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck This Thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-295Exploud.png (69KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-295Exploud.png
69KB, 250x250px
ITT you post that one fucking Pokemon that never pulled its weight when you made the mistake of using it. Pic related

>Doesn't get Hyper Voice until 63
It was so god damn awful
>>
Gumshoos.
>ass as a Yungoos
>complete shit first island entirely
>evolves mid-way through second island
>shit movepool
>finally starts getting good moves
>now irrelevant
I try to use a "shitmon" every game to like them more, but christ.
still my favorite pokemon
>>
>>31129336
ALSO
>npcs will literally never switch on a normal type
>>
File: gumshoos.png (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gumshoos.png
125KB, 500x500px
>shit talking muh favourite Gen III Pokémon

Anyway, pick related. I found Bibarel, Watchog and Diggersby all useful, so I wanted to give this guy a try. Turns out it had a worthless ability during the main game and since it didn't learn any decent moves I ended up using Tackle straight up until Lvl 31. And even then it only learns Take Down at that level, it can barely survive two turns using the damn thing. Major disappointment, since it was the only pokémon I had a nickname ready for before release.

Looks like I was beaten to it
>>31129336
>>31129363
>>
Gardevoir. I don't know why I think she'll be a suitable Alakazam replacement. Not enough SpA to knock anything out, not enough bulk to survive more than two hits of anything, not enough Speed to ever matter, levels up slow as shit.
>>
Alolan Persian
Was good until the E4 and then proceeded to sandbag
>>
Type-Null

Game was practically over when it finally evolved.
>>
>>31129336
>>31129390
Don't forget having to use the Normal Z-Move and watching the shitty Breakneck Blitz animation every battle. I had to box it once it got to level 30. I wasted my Friend Ball on a shiny one with a passable nature (+Atk, -SpD), but it's movepool is barren even compared to shit like Watchog.
>>
>>31129186
I like the fact that Move Reminder can now teach moves that the Pokemon will learn.
>>
I didn't like Magneton in Gen 3 because of it's shallow movepool, and that Manectric and Raichu are better electric types. Is it better in other gens?
>>
File: oricorio sewage.png (393KB, 974x469px) Image search: [Google]
oricorio sewage.png
393KB, 974x469px
Oricorio can pretty much only be used in doubles, and even then it has a shallow movepool and is super predictable.
>>
>>31129524
Flamenco Oricorio + Volcarona
>>
>>31129522
In gen 2 it was amazing because Steel was broken as fuck, and it was better than Ampharos. In BW2 it was again, a rock solid electric type that evolved reasonably early, and had Eviolite support.
>>
>>31129512
yeah, all the way at the end of the fucking game.
>>
>>31129522
I've heard now and then that it is not really bad instead of Magnezone in comp. I don't actually know about that tho. But compared to gen 3 i'd say it's better, since it gets Flash Cannon now
>>
>>31129669
Oh yea>>31129601
Eviolite too
>>
>>31129336
I'm surprised i liked Sun and Moon as much as i did, but if there's one thing that Gamefreak managed to fuck up beyond even my short expectations it was the encounter rates of all the new pokemon. Every patch of grass had a 50% encounter rate on a shit-tier gen 1 pokemon while all the new pokemon either were 10% or weren't even there whatsoever. Nothing says fun like playing in a new region just to make a team out of pokemon from the first four gens.
>>
>>31129555
I'm seeing Pom-Pom style with Volcarona in 1/10 of my games, and it gets completely punished by Trick Room. I saw one person have their Gengar use Role Play to copy Dancer, and their oricorio then followed up with Revelation Dance. It wasn't that great, but it was at least less predictable.
>>
>>31129522
>Magnet Pull
>Flash Cannon
>Eviolite

It was my bro in gen 1 and 3 and this guy made my SM run very entertaining
>>
>>31129186

I bred a modest one and used it in place of my started in ORAS. Noisy Boy definitely pulled his weight for me. Especially once I gave him Flamethrower and Boomburst.
>>
>>31129669
>magnezone bad
what? last time i check he was the steel type killer
>>
>>31129186
Minun was a true MVP of mine back in gen 3, so i tried replicating it with Plusle in ORAS, but damn. I realized being stuck with ONLY electric moves is ultra tedious as fuck, even if just for in-game. I must merely have been lucky back then as i got HP ice plus less powercreep
>>
>>31129430
Shitmon in game weakness: when npcs starts using teams with passable coverage.
>>
>>31129186
Hoenn in general desu.

Camerupt especially. Has decent offense, but dat defense and speed tho.
I got it just because i ran into a Stockpile Simple Numel with Dexnav and figured i could abuse this good. But then it got replaced with Solid Rock upon evolving, and it might as well have lost it's ability altogether because it STILL couldn't take a hit

Claydol
>Think Cosmic Power spam is gonna be fucking delicious because i'm convinced it gets Recover just by looking at it.
>It doesn't
>>
>>31129791
I didn't mean he was bad. I just meant Magneton isn't a completely useless replacement
>>
>>31129996
He's got 10 more base speed, which is occasionally useful. He can also run eviolite for slightly more bulk.

It's been dead since 6 gen but the classic 4drag2mag teams used to run both Magnezone and Magneton in tandem.
>>
File: 1373586069690.png (49KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1373586069690.png
49KB, 1000x1000px
>>31129959
>gets cosmic power and power trick
>still doesn't hit hard, even with all the boosts in the world
>>
File: 250px-606Beheeyem.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-606Beheeyem.png
44KB, 250x250px
>>31129186

It gets good boosting moves, it's just too fucking slow. I still like its design anyway.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.