[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 26

File: sunmoon.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
What went wrong?
>>
Level 100 required for hyper training
Rotom dex - from how annoying he is to taking up 40% of the bottom screen
Festival plaza
>>
small ass region with barely any exploration
customization even worse than xy
worse pokemon variety than xy
>>
At this point I just want a third version where they actually fix all those crimes against humanity they committed.
>>
>>31126058
>Gamefreak.
>>
File: 1482881207605.png (401KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1482881207605.png
401KB, 780x1300px
>>31126058
Everything.
>>
>>31126058

9/10 best game of the year

things I dislike

-You cant swim between the islands
-Braindead puzzles that shouldnt exist in first place, like the stones you have to move with Machamp before Bulu
-dungeons too linear and simple
-too many cut scenes in the first hour
-lack of move tutors, no way to give earth power to gastrodon for example

I can think of other things but overall its one of the best games.
It is one of the most challenging Pokemon games if you play with the exp share off, but the difficulty is only found in boss battles.
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 170x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 170x488px
This annoying faggot
>>
>>31126286
oh shit somebody already made this?
>>
No o-powers
Have to faint the helper to catch the other pokemon
Having to fish anything that is not a magikarp
>>
No extra PC wallpapers
>>
>>31126058
>Kukui doesn't give Lillie a Pokémon egg so she can adjust to the world she was sheltered from at her own pace.
>Lillie doesn't think about using a Pokéball on Nebby to prevent herself and it from being at risk.
>Shitmons everywhere.
>Almost all the new mons are in the 15% to 5% ration.
If I ever try to replay this game, it's gonna be a bitch with no skip button.
>>
>>31126286
>The game does not allow you to catch additional Pokemon after you become the Champion

Is this true??
>>
>>31126058
Playing through XY right now after already playing though ORAS and SM. Right now I'd rank them as...

>ORAS > SM > XY

That said, they're still the 2nd best game from this year that I've played only behind Shantae HGH. Granted, those are the only two games from this year that I actually played.
>>
>>31126286
Actually National Dex exists and will be directly on the Bank when it will be updated.
>>
>>31126612
Kalosperms hard at work making propaganda
>>
>>31126058
>Pathetic framerate issues
>Way too much text reading at the beginning of the game
>Very little exploration. Probably has the least amount of exploration of all the Pokemon games
>Very linear
>New Pokemon are slow as fuck
>Festival Plaza is trash
>Even weaker postgame than XY and ORAS
>Removed the BuzzNav from ORAS which was fantastic, to replace it with some rotom dex that just tells the player where to go
>Can't even rematch trainers in the game, something that ORAS got right
>Customization sucks
>Game Freak didn't even bother remixing Cynthia, Grimsley, Anabel, or Wally's battle themes. People will make bullshit excuses for this, but when you compare this so called "anniversary game" to another by the name of Sonic Generations, a game where EVERY song got at least one remix (even Planet Wisp which was from Sonic Colors which only came out a year prior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ8QpM6S3mU) it's abundantly clear that Game Freak just lacked the ambition that Sonic Team had.
>Probably a bunch of other things that I'm forgetting to mention because the list of Sun & Moon criticisms is so fucking long

I don't know why so many of you guys jumped on the hype train. 2016 had overhyped disappointments all over the place. No Man's Sky, Mighty No. 9, and now Pokemon Sun & Moon, which may very well be the winner of that award.
>>
>>31127042
>implying it wasn't a unovabortion

Why else would they compare it to BW a lot?
>>
>>31127272
Here's the original Planet Wisp music from Sonic Colors that I forgot to link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9z3bK1nQ_Y
>>
>>31126058
Too much hype

Still among the best Pokemon games and better than anything Gen VI as ever produce.
>>
File: 1477668352905.jpg (61KB, 966x817px) Image search: [Google]
1477668352905.jpg
61KB, 966x817px
>>31126058
It's still better than B&W and B&W2
>>
>>31126058
You misspelled right
>>
>>31126763
no new pokemon can be found in the postgame, like most other pokemon games.
>>
>>31127371
Well duh.

That gen fucking sucked ass, I almost stopped playing Pokemon because of those games.
>>
>>31127386
Ah, I thought it meant I can't go back and catch mon I missed
>>
>>31127290
because pokemon peaked in 5th gen
>>
>>31127366
Maybe better than XY but not ORAS. It's also probably one of the worst Pokemon games.
>>
>>31127443
Wrong. See >>31127404
>>
>>31127443
Said no one ever.
>>
>>31126286
>Totem battles are few in number
Literally 7 to 8.

>Leaves Z-Crystal Unattended
7 from trials, 1 from Molayne, which is after the trial. 4 from the Kahunas. Buginium Z after beating Guzma in Po Town. Poisonium Z after you fight 5 grunts.
Only Flying, Psychic, Fairy and Ice are given to you/taken by you for no reason. Literally 4 to 18.

>You cannot ride your own Pokemon
If you could, you would have to carry an equivalent of HM slave. Where's "the feelings of adventure" then?

>There are no puzzle. You just run back and forward until it's time for a totem battle.
What is Brock's gym? Misty's gym? Norman's gym? Falkner's gym? I can still go on?
What about Sophocles' trial's audio quiz? Kiawe's comically easy "find-the-difference"? Don't tell me they're not puzzle. And if you say that they are piss easy. Look at Fantina's gym's puzzle. Unless you're too dumb to do basic math

>Double battles and battle royale are nearly "unplayable"
K E K - """nearly unplayable"""

>legendary or an equivalent
Since when does 570 BST count as a "legendary"? And you can catch multiple Ultra Beasts (some of them), so they couldn't be legendary

>Corrosion doesn't affect attacking move
Status moves isn't affected by immunity, you can Sand-attack flying Pokemon. How ever some types have immunity to certain conditions. The ability lifts Steel and Poison immunity to being Poisoned. But Poison still can't hit Steel.
Emergency Exit - for another +2 priority First Impression?
Innard out - You still have to take considerations before knocking it out. Also the Soak + toxic combo will wear you out. And it doesn't have that low of a HP. 130 without any EV investment at lv50 and 162 at full EV. And Lv50 Electivire only has 150. Without EV, that is. But admit it, you'd never invest in its HP. Then an OHKO from its STAB SE Thunder Punch/Wild Charge would bounce right back.

>Some ability are the same thing renamed
Explain Huge Power and Pure Power, Mold Breaker and Turboblaze/Terravolt
>>
>>31126058

The Festival Plaza.

Fuck that mobage tier shit. Also fuck the impossibly difficult Global Mission requirements.
>>
>>31126058
>First hour or two are the worst with how boring it is. It's essentially a how to play pokemon 101 despite the game pandering to the older fans with the red-blue bait
>rotom dex
>not enough exploration of the region
>the game in general is slow; frame rate wise, and worse in battles;

>want to get through a battle
>have to let the camera pan on EVERYTHING on the damn screen before it lets you continue.
>makes the battles a chore
I've gone back to playing ORAS. I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to go back to Sun with how slow and bland the it is. I'm legit disappointed unfortunately. I expected more.
>>
>>31127405
>>31127386
>>31126763
the only new pokemon you encounter are riolu, tapus, and ultra beasts
that's it

someone needs to update the pic with clearer wording though
>>
>>31126216
i want them to just spend an additional 5 months making the game not shit before selling it for 40 dollars
>>
>>31128053
>If you could, you would have to carry an equivalent of HM slave. Where's "the feelings of adventure" then?

Not the guy, but they could have taken a page from HAL and made it so if you had the appropriate pokemon in your party, it would just reskin the PokeRide to the corresponding pokemon you have.

Like how Stadium 2 had it so you could use different Pokemon for the minigames such as Girafarig for Furret Frolic and Omanyte for Tumbling Togepi.
>>
>>31128319

It's odd how slow Gen 7 is to Gen 6 with the extra unneeded animations and filler. Usually its the odd numbered generations that are fast,
>>
>>31127374
Poke Pelago, Refresh, an attempt to break formula
>>
>>31128410
Imagine a Nihilego acting as Stoutland.
It has no nose or anything to sense hidden object! It's not even sentient.
So a Pokemon is only capable of some certain Pokeride function.
What if I use a bunch of cute "waifumon", then how would I shove a huge boulder without Machamp shove?
>>
>>31126286
>most casualized game
The amount of hand-holding tactics in this game is driving me mad
Then I realized
This game is probably more geared towards all the casual normalfags who jumped on the Pokemon Go bandwagon who are new to the actual Pokemon franchise.
>>
>>31128665
W-wait
What came first, development of SM or Go?
Otherwise my theory is wrong
>>
>>31126058
how they annoy you with the dex dialog everytime you catch a new mon
>>
>>31128525
He said "if you have the appropriate Pokemon in your party". Obviously Nihilego wouldn't be able to be used instead Stoutland, etc. It could be something like Arcanine
>>
>>31128525
>>31128713
"Wouldn't be able to be used like Stoutland", I mean.
>>
>>31126177
>worse variety than the game that had the most variety in the series
>aka the biggest clusterfuck of a dex in the series that lead to no identity of Kalos
>>
>>31126286
Came here to post this.
>>
>>31128741
If Kalos has no identity then Alola has the opposite problem. You can't even get Bellossom, Tropius, or Camerupt who would seem obvious for a region based on Hawaii
>>
>>31128699
Re-programming is a thing

I think Nintendo expected Pokémon Go to be somewhat big, but not as massive as it was
>>
>>31128788
Oh that's a straight up different complaint than worse variety

Which is a complaint of missed opportunities

Also all of those were warily obtained in the last games without dex nav

That would be like complaining Kalos doesnt have many Unova pokemon

Still bullshit about Lunatone and Solrock though
>>
>>31128713
Like I said, if I have a bunch of cute waifumon, how could I shove boulders without Pokeride Machamp?
So you'll have to implement both the rental and party into the pokeride system. Which is unnecessary. Have either one, you can't have both.
>>
>>31126058
>covers thread

C'mon now, you're better than this.
>>
>>31128788
>camels in tropical Hawaii
>>
>>31128852
makes as much sense as
>camels in southern Japan
>>
>>31127272
>Game Freak didn't even bother remixing Cynthia, Grimsley, Anabel, or Wally's battle themes.

Wally's didn't really need to be remixed, but those others definitely along with Colress. I mean, really guys. Comparing it to BW2 where they remixed/redid all gym leader and champion songs for PWT, they really couldn't fucking add some more bleeps and bloops to Colress's theme?
>>
File: wink.jpg (92KB, 2140x1605px) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
92KB, 2140x1605px
>>31128828
Shhh... The alien man in the desert is post-bank
>>
>>31128828
>Oh that's a straight up different complaint than worse variety

>Which is a complaint of missed opportunities

Seems similar to me, I was just basically saying there aren't enough kinds of Pokemon to catch. And saying "oh you can transfer them from the last game" isn't a good excuse since they haven't even added that feature yet and it's going to cost 5 dollars
>>
No decent post game grinding options.
>>
>>31128869
>They didn't remix Anabel
Since she is directly from the Emerald dimension
They didn't even use the ORAS remix of the theme!
>>
>>31126286
>Only one Lucky Egg can be obtained
Why would you need two?

>There's no breeding loop
There is. I'm going to assume that this was made before it is discovered

>Items necessary to efficiently breed and EV train are locked behind BP.
It's ridiculously easy to earn a lot of BP in the Battle Tree. You complained about some Z-crystals being handed to you for free, now you complain about having to work hard to get some item? The fuck?
>A small amount of characters from previous gen are given brief cameo and then fade to irrelevancy
You can battle them in the battle tree. The probably only reason they reappear or given some mention.

>Random Mega Stones are missing and Pokebank does not allow items
But Mystery Gift can.
>>
>>31128863
or
>Desert Crocks in New York City
>>
File: 1483019130818.png (151KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
1483019130818.png
151KB, 1000x630px
>>31128852
>Volcans in hawaii
>Makes no sense
>>
>>31127456
Yeah...no
Games like Diamond, Pearl, XY and also ORAS are way behind, because Sun and Moon don't actually needs a third version to be good games.
>>
>>31128840
I'm not that Anon, but I would make it so they don't have to be in your party and you can just call them from the PC boxes
>>
>>31129257
>Games like Diamond, Pearl, XY and also ORAS
and Ruby and Sapphire
>>
>>31126058
All the gen 1 trash

>shit alola 'forms' that could've been more new Pokemon
>shit encounter rates for new Pokemon
>a whole fucking island dedicated to fucking exeggutor
>>
>>31127042
this is done for every gen though, it's tradition
>>
>>31126058
Wingull, Raticate, and Yungoos. Every fucking route. For the whole goddamn game.

I liked searching for new mons up until about the 3rd island. Then it was just these shitters for days.
>>
>>31129257
Yeah no. SM very much DO need Stars/Eclipse/Prism to save them. They were so sorely disappointing, and even people who liked them know this to be true.
>>
>>31129625
Agreed. There's just too many issues with SM that a third version could easily fix.

Like adding more double battle trainers, and rotation/triple battles where they were clearly supposed to happen (but had to be removed because the 3DS fucking sucks).

And move tutors.
>>
>>31127386
>what is GSC
>what is FR/LG
>what is Emerald
>what is DP/Pt
>what is B2W2

faggot.
>>
>>31129625
I never said Sun and Moon don't need i a third version.
I said they don't need a third version to be enjoyable like Diamon/Pearl, XY and R/S.

Learn the difference you faggot.
>>
>>31126058
Festival Plaza
Babby tier level design
Nearly no water exploration on literal tropical islands, what the fuck
>>
>>31127342
literally nobody gives a shit
>>
>>31129257
silver and gold had crystal and HGSS which is the best pokemon game
>>
>>31130563
There is no 3rd version of XY
>>
>>31129625

I think so many of SM's problems are so deep rooted Stars couldn't save them even if gamefreak wanted to.
>>
File: 1338320133260.jpg (143KB, 384x374px) Image search: [Google]
1338320133260.jpg
143KB, 384x374px
>the most linear and objectively handholdely games in the series
>cutscenes every five minutes
>no encounter music
>all sense of exploration is gone because of how on the rails it is
>casualization is kicked up a notch even more (for example displaying what moves are auper effective or weak when fighting the same pokemon a second time)
>trials were a step down from gyms
>still easy (only harder than x/y and oras which is barely saying much)
>a lot of the new pokemon introduced were shit
>godawful rival, ton of obnoxious characters introduced
>team skull being the worst evil teams
>pisspoor postgame
>kanto pandering is even worse than x/y
>ultra beasts are a retarded concept and feel horribly out of place in the series
>festival plaza is garbage
>no pss or super training
>no rotation or triples
>no hordes

HGSS will always be the best in the series deapite the shitty level curve.
>>
>>31130760
But it desperatly need it because X/Y are one of the worst Pokemon game.
>>
>>31131156
All of the 3d pokemon games suck XY was the best out of all the 3d games though
>>
>>31131249
I'll have to strongly disagree with that.
XY feel like a demo, it was clear GF had no idea what they were doing with this game.
>>
>>31129048
Could you tell the discovered breeding loop?
>>
>>31130563
That's what I addressed, retard. SM are overall bad games, the only reason they're """""good""""" right now is because they came after the garbage that was XY. And even then, they're still worse games than even ORAS.
>>
>>31131663
Not that anon, but I think the one involved riding Tauros in a tiny space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc8P9yumVb4.
Just tape down the B button. How hard is that?
>>
File: thought.jpg (41KB, 548x716px) Image search: [Google]
thought.jpg
41KB, 548x716px
>>31126058
I'd say the pacing was the worst part. The game is endless cutscenes until the third challenge. But after you become Champion and finish the Looker Missions, you end up wanting more.

I think the bounty-hunting sidequests present both here and in the Mirage Legendaries subquest in ORAS are what kept me playing; the fact that there is something out there that needs to be defeated, but little if any hand-holding for the journey. It's just you, your Pokemon, and your goal. Nobody is asking anything of you, and you need to push yourself to do it instead of being pulled along by the plot.
>>
>>31126058
>this thread
And people tell us that SuMo isn't the Sonic 06 of Pokemon.

Those who unironically enjoy it....Beware, you will know in due time.

>>31126415
Shill detected

>>31128319
What's did you expect. Everyone on this site considered it the Sonic 06 of the series.

>>31130795
Truer words haven't been spoken. We have hit peak garbage.

>>31130825
I want to see shills try to refute this, because they can't

>>31132562
They're worse games than some of the worst games of this year.

>>31127272
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SEES THE TRUTH!
>>
>>31132562
I believe everyone on this site can agree to that. Very soon SuMo will be remembered as the worst game of 2016
>>
>>31132900
>>31132851
SuMo is a crume against humanity on the level of ET 2600. It must not be repeated and I hope every copy of this abomination gets recalled and buried in a New Mexico desert
>>
File: 1463809351406.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463809351406.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>31132851
>>31132900
>>31132967
>SuMo
>>
File: Sonic_Next_Gen.jpg (27KB, 256x326px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Next_Gen.jpg
27KB, 256x326px
>>31126058
Literally everything, and I think /vp/ can agree that SuMo is to Pokemon as pic related was to Sonic
>>
>>31132851
>Sonic 06 of Pokemon.
That was Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>31133022
What's the matter, shill? Salty that /vp/ has unanimously agreed that SuMo is the worst game of 2016? Please, try to come up with anything positive about these movies. You can't.
>>
Honestly, the only thing I absolutely hated about Sun and Moon was Professor Kukui. He was the most fucking annoying character with nothing interesting to say ever, and I wanted to shoot myself everytime he just popped out the bushes and said the same shit he said a thousand times before.
>>
>>31132851
>>31132900
>>31132967
>>31133041
Oh look, the /v/eddit trolls are here. You know, it's really obvious it's just 2-3 neckbeards who shit on SM because you always show up at the exact same time everyday and use the exact same buzzwords every time. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>31133064
No, it's SuMo and if you read this thread you would know that full well. Positive SuMo discussion is now a thing of the past and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>31133098
Pretty sure it's one guy samefagging
>>
SM is probably my second favorite gen
>>
>>31133098
Read the thread again, shill.

>>31133072
And then you realize that every character in SuMo is godawful and that they garnered any fans in the first place is absolutely sickening.
>>
>>31126088

>Level 100 required for hyper training

Rare Kitchen Level 5 > Blissey hordes
>>
>>31133116
>your game is confirmed rmed to be the worst of its kind by more than several threads on /vp/
>s-samefag!
http://www.strawpoll.me/11996747

>>31133143
Found another shill.
>>
File: eviltogepi.jpg (257KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
eviltogepi.jpg
257KB, 600x337px
>>31133102
I'm enjoying the game while acknowledging its flaws. Does that piss you off? What are you going to do, call me a shill? Make vague threats?
>>
>>31133145
With all the words you seem to spew, you never say anything interesting, do you?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n7ap3eekOs1rlwq70.jpg (19KB, 239x186px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n7ap3eekOs1rlwq70.jpg
19KB, 239x186px
>>31130825
>>31132851
>>31132562
>>31132967
Christ. Honestly liking things has been illegalized, it seems.
>>
>>31133143
Behind which, if I may ask?
>>
desu the 3 most glaringly annoying /DURING GAMEPLAY/ things were for me:

Almost everyone has 1-2 / 1-3 pokemon, and they're incredibly weak and you overlevel even with EXP.SHARE off. You just kinda shit on trainers effortlessly, and it's more of an annoyance in your quest to catch that shitmon you don't have yet rather than an actual memorable battle.

SOS system pisses me off by calling shit when I'm trying to finish a battle or catch something, and pisses me off by not working when I actually want to SOS grind. System should be separated again.

Have to go to the plaza to wonder trade and the plaza is gay and worthless.
>>
Lillie was cute and I wanted to protect her.
Hau was kinda dumb, but he had the best line in the game.
Your mother fucks a Meowth, but hey she does her best and is probably the most supportive mother in the series.
>>
>>31133190
This is some incredible autism.
>>
>>31133289
She never even finished fucking unpacking
0/100 shit game
>>
File: Guzma.png (97KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Guzma.png
97KB, 400x240px
>>31133289
>Hau had the best line in the game
>Not Pic Related
Pic Related.
>>
>>31131663
Not him but the breeding loop is in Hau'oli I believe and it involves walking between loading screens repeatedly. It's slow as fuck but it's a loop.
>>
>>31133205
>while acknowledging its flaws
Acknowledging its many, many, MANY flaws.

See >>31130825 >>31126286
There is nothing to enjoy in SuMo. It is a crime against humanity.
>>
File: SM kek.png (111KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
SM kek.png
111KB, 600x500px
>>31133702
mfw most of them are just shitty opinion. Granted that I agree with a few
>>
File: just stop.jpg (5KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.jpg
5KB, 161x175px
>>31133702
Have you ever considered
for a second
that just maybe
that people can enjoy things, and that your opinion makes no difference?
>>
>>31133893
Anon, you are taking the bait way to deep.
it's not healthy.
>>
>>31133157
you need 800 FC every single time, once a day to Level up 1 Pokemon to Level 98. Its shit, famalam.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 460x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 460x645px
>>31126058
Honestly, a lot. I enjoyed it on my first run but now I'm starting to notice its numerous flaws.
>railroading (been a problem since BW but now it's just fucking ridiculous)
>most trainers having literally 1 unevolved Pokemon each, I started avoiding some trainers on my second round since it became more time-effective to just grind on wild evolved Pokemon instead
>slowness, not gen 4 tier bad but still noticable, especially in battles
>little to no exploration, legendary dungeons seem to be a dropped concept by now
>small number of new Pokemon, out of which almost 20 are legendaries and totally-not-legendaries
>most non-legendary new Pokemon are terrible in battles
>new pentagon rule this early when pkhex still exists and is easily available
>little new music, first island being the fucking worst since it reuses the same goddamn theme like 3 times, only slightly remixed
>everything about the festival plaza
>everything about the postgame
>almost everything about hyper training

Things I enjoyed
>the plot
>the characters
>the death of HMs
>the difficulty sometimes (totem battles, evil team boss battles etc)
>the region aesthetics
>the regional dex (XYs was way too bloated imo)
>the few new Pokemon they added have cool designs
>>
I'm disappointed by the lack of plot behind the UC, Silvally/Type 0 and Necrozma..from the previews I expected a much more detailed lore
Also why the fuck Marshadow is only downloadable?
>>
>>31134840
>Also why the fuck Marshadow is only downloadable?
Marshadow is a Mythical Pokemon, which are typically event only. Is this your first Pokemon game or what?
>>
>>31134840
>The lack of plot behind Silvally/Type:Null
How much do you want?
>>
>>31134821
We told you there is nothing good about SuMo.

>>31133893
>>31133803
t. shills

>>31134840
Because GF only made these (((games)))for a quick cashgrab, not because they genuinely care about us.
>>
I enjoyed the hell out of it. Easily in my top three of best games in the franchise.
>>
>>31134897
How is that even a question? Type:Null ended up doing literally nothing important outside of being Gladion's signature Pokemon. It's evolution has terrible stats too.
>>
>>31133157
>Rare Kitchen Level 5 > Blissey hordes
That's like saying hours are shorter than minutes.
>>
>>31134889
The problem is that I expected it to be a king of a Trio (like Fugquaza) or like Giratina in D/P , with a side mission to catch it and maybe some plot behind
>>
>>31134916
You clearly haven't read the books in Aether Paradise, have you?
>>
>>31126058
>gen 5 exp system with no good grinding spots, at least in gen 5 we got actual Audinos
>Festival Plaza being a boring grind
>Rotom dex being an annoying fuck and recording everything as soon as you get it - that's not necessary or particularly interesting
>Lillie being really fucking mediocre
>the fade-to-black scenes
>lack of places to explore
>general region size being small
>WHY IS EVERYTHING SO FUCKING SLOW?
>Vikavolt and Crabominable evolving at the end of the fucking game
>Ultra Space being a single hallway
>extreme framerate issues
>GF being so lazy they packaged the national dex into bank instead of the game itself - why?
>>
>>31134926
Well, I admit I also thought this to be the case when the trademarks leaked but Necrozma being the third of the trio is not too bad either. I just hope it doesn't get Zygarde'd out of its own game.
>>
>>31134929
>You clearly haven't read the books in Aether Paradise, have you?
plot clearly distracted him.
>>
>>31128741
He says that Kalos has no identity while on Alola it's easier to find Kanto Pokemon than Alola Pokemon.

What a fucking joke. This is what went wrong - people will defend mediocre shit just because it's new.
>>
>>31134929
I'm aware of the lore behind Type:Null but it still ended up having absolutely no importance in the game's story. Even a short cinematic cutscene of it fighting tooth and nail against the Ultra Beast invasion (you know, the things it was DESIGNED to beat) would've made it so much more memorable than it is now.
>>
>>31134987
Well, you somewhat got one with Gladion
>>
>>31133157
The fact that there are people that actually believe this tilts the shit out of me.
>>
>>31130825
>cutscenes every five minutes
Not even that. On my replay, I often noticed that they give you control to literally walk forward 5 steps before getting another cutscene.

The padding on this game is so obvious.
>>
>>31128741
>>aka the biggest clusterfuck of a dex in the series that lead to no identity of Alola
FTFY

Half of the alola native mon are lying made an appearance in game compares to the Kanto shilling and the islands themselves were a hodgepodge of elements.
>>
>>31134972
I noticed this place is not much different than Reddit now, sucking gamefreaks cock no matter what they say or do
>>
>>31134987
This
>>31134952
Necrozma has a nice design but like Zygarde in X/Y has 0 lore behind...at least Giratina in D/P it's in a nice dungeon
>>
>>31135012
>Kanto shilling
gen 6 and gen 7 in a nutshell.
>>
>>31135091
And yet Gen 7 went overboard.
>>
>>31135028
>>31135012
>>31135006
>>31134972
>>31134941
And yet shills will still defend these (((games))) despite having this many glaring flaws. Won't be long before this shit ends up in the history books of "worst games in history" along with Sonic 06 and Superman 64.

>>31134911
Kill yourself shill.
>>
>>31135097
Overboard with awfulness in every aspect, true.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (19KB, 900x331px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
19KB, 900x331px
>>31134737
eh. had nothing better to do.

>>31135030
there is some lore to it, but you'd need to do some research in order to figure it out. Necrozma is based on a prism and a chunk of aether, with the latter element being the absolute endpoint that Alchemists were trying to research. It -- or at least the ingredients thereto-- was allegedly located deep underground, as stated in the VITRIOL motto: "Visita Interiora Terræ Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem," meaning "Visit the interior of the earth and [by] purifying [yourself] you will find the hidden stone”.

Guess who was found underground at Ten Carat Hill, the known site of an underwater volcano?
>>
>>31135028
SuMo shills confirmed Redditors and BTFO forever.
>>
>>31135102
LMAO upboated XD
>>
>>31128349
Primeape, emolga, scyther
>>
>>31126286
while a lot of these are decent points
>mentioning the bad framerate twice in 2 adjacent panels
>>
>>31135141
>SuMo shills are so desperate to defend their abomination that they will resort to "muh alchemy" and autistic lore bullshit to justify glaring flaws
>>
>>31134821
the desert puzzle was a nice throwback to the giratina room. legendary dungeons arent 100% dead yet anon
>>
>>31135192
>the desert puzzle was a nice throwback to the giratina room
You realise that was used before Giratina right?
>>
>>31135141
Cool
>>31135192
Yeah, that wasn't too bad
>>
>>31135217
for what?
>>
File: Squidward.jpg (26KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward.jpg
26KB, 479x359px
>>31135168
>Desperate
I wanted the came because it seemed fun, so I bought it, and turned out liking it. Despite this, I have no intention of advertising it, because I wouldn't receive any reward or payment whatsoever by doing so. If someone wants to play it, but not spend money, the .cia file is already uploaded and circulating for them to download for free.

As for the game's flaws, I recognize them, but do not attempt to justify them. I simply look past them. I do not care about them in any form.

The lore is fun and engaging to discuss, so I bring it up and hope someone responds so I can start a conversation.

I like having fun. I like discussing things. That's why I'm here. What would I have to gain through advertising here?
>>
It was fun once you got past the first island, but I cant replay it, takes to long. Oh well, I liked it the first time. Maybe in a few months I'll start up again.
>>
>>31133893
The fact that thousands of thousands of people willingly fall for shit like iDung doesn't meant that such course of action is beneficial to anyone.
We should at very least keep our standards, not lower them.
>>
>>31135303
This. People who enjoy SuMo are normie-tier cucks with zero standards.

>>31135246
>I like eating shit and simply look past the fact that I'm eating shit
Okay shill.
>>
>>31135303
Local anon says what all of the free thinking 4chan users are thinking.
>>
>>31135246
See >>31135303
Go back to R*ddit shill.
>>
>>31135337
Nice buzzwords, here are some dotlines for (You)
>>
>>31135337
My opinion of this game in its entirety is different than yours. Opinions are not objective. I like it. You do not. It's as simple as that.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is no more valuable or significant than anyone else's. You should not go about insulting people because they do not agree with you.
>>
>>31135392
I agree with you anon!
>>
File: 1479022363887.png (86KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1479022363887.png
86KB, 211x244px
>>31135337
>they like what i don't like they must be a shill.

Try leaving your basement, you cuck.
>>
You grew up and lost your sense of wonder.
>>
>>31135451
False.
That sense of wonder doesn't just disappear it's that the games them selves don't evoke it due to a lack of inspiration and effort.
>>
>>31126058
>Can't rebattle trainers
>infinite SOS loops when trying to catch a mon
>Infinite SOS failures when trying to chain a mon
>Pelipper encounter rate
>In fact most encounter rates
>Can't get Glaceon until endgame
>Can't skip cutscenes
>No shirt and tie clothing item for girls
>Festival Plaza is nothing but RNG bullshit
>Playing with your Pokémon and actively caring for them gives you annoying buffs you can't turn off
>Rotom Dex only has one line for some scenarios "it's like we're playing bingo over here," is not clever the 20th time you hear it
>Trying to catch the anchormon
>Collecting all 100 Zygarde pieces
>>
>>31135451
There's no wonder to be had when the game digests everything to you.

"Oh look, a new city, let's go explor" Lillie/Hau initiates a cutscene, no exploring for you

"Finally I can explore, but most buildings besides the essential are closed. Guess I'll just go to the next rout-" another cutscene on the way out, and another after you change zones, and then you find out that this route is just a straight line with a bunch of Kanto pokemon. Yaaay...
>>
>>31135499
Not him, but back when people were children, they did not see games as bits of code written on a chip in a plastic shell. They saw it as an experience. An adventure to be had. The fact that you can say that the games are the worst in the series implies that you have had such feelings about previous games in the series.

To others, this game might just be that adventure that they are looking for, and might be one of the best ones they ever have in their lives.
>>
>>31135451
>SM
>sense of wonder
apart from that one route leading to the rehash tree there is nothing to explore once you beat the game
older games at least used to cleverly hide their post game legendaries behind difficult mazes/dungeons, so finding them felt rewarding
SM doesn't even try to do that much
>>
>>31135514
>Trying to catch the anchormon
Don't tell me you tried to catch it without the bubbles.
>>
>>31135518
This, plus just about every new direction that's not the Rotom flag is either blocked by a trial gate, a ridemon you don't have, some faggot and his dog or generic broken bridge bullshit, and it's like this for the entire fucking game.
>>
>>31135541
I didn't, but even with the bubbles it was a nightmare. I have found female Salandit in abundance though, so there's that.
>>
>>31135536
Which is exactly why that statement is false.
It's the game that is failing to draw you in and see it for more than the code and graphics it is. Understand?
>>
>>31135337
this. SM is made for the normies.
>>
NO PHOEBE
NO BELLOSSOM
NO SOLROCK OR LUNATONE
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>31135660
>>31135660
>>31135660
>>31135660
the ball-dropping continues
what the fuck gamufrikku
>>
>>31135647
Great minds think alike. Liking SuMo should be an instaban.

>>31135415
Not an argument

>>31135392
>w-w-waaaaaaah
Kek. Go back to plebdit shill.

>>31135499
>>31135518
>>31135539
>>31135551
>>31135628
If this doesn't confirm SuMo for being the most blatant corporate cashgrab of 2016 then I don't know what does.
>>
>>31135725
SuMo is one big ball-drop.

It will be remembered as the greatest blunder in the series.
>>
>>31135766
After X and Y.
>>
>>31135748
>>31135766
I thought we agreed that saying SuMo should be an instaban
>>
>>31135774
If only. But SuMo managed to fuck up even more than XY. People constantly refer to XY as a beta which means that SuMo has no excuse at all. Especially at the atrocious online.
>>
>>31135809
I agree completely. There is no saving the series at this point, especially when people are abandoning the series en masse.
>>
>>31128053
>If you could, you would have to carry an equivalent of HM slave.
Why? You didn't have to carry around Latios or Latias in ORAS and you could still fly around on them. Why not just use the same principle?
>>
>>31135901
You would still have to go through the trouble of catching that or have that given to you. And it stay in your PC box (or Poke Pelago) forever.
Still a slave
>>
>>31135936
Still better than a mon you "get" through annoying cutscene(s)
>>
XY is my 2nd favorite pokemon game after HGSS
>>
>>31135960
But the main point here is that using rental Pokemon makes the author lost the "the feelings of adventure" that he has.
And catching a Pokemon only as slave makes me lost more.
>>
>>31135963
Well, it's your opinion.
>>
>>31135985
I know everyone seems to hate it though idk why
>>
>>31135936
>You would still have to go through the trouble of catching that
I'm fine with that, hell most people I've talked to are fine with that. It's still my pokemon that I can have in my party and build a connection with if I want to.

>Still a slave
hardly, you're not gutting their move sets for a shitty move that can't be deleted until you meat the move deleter.
>>
>>31135989
Well, don't let those retards manipulate your opinion alright?
XY is my third favourite.
>>
>>31133098
>>31133116
http://www.strawpoll.me/11997473
Let's prove that
>>
I hate the shinies this gen, they are oustandingly boring and unispired.

Yeah, other gens had bad shinies, but also got wonderful-looking ones to make up for them. This gen doesn't seem to do so tho.
>>
>>31135998
>The sole reason it exists/captured is for you to ride them
Really makes you think
>>
>>31136032
Most of them seem to just recolor one stupid detail and then pass it off as a shiny rather than recoloring the whole thing.
>>
>>31136032
>other gens just formulatically shift all the colors
>This gen 6-7 chooses which parts and which colors to be changed
>uninspired
Nice buzz words anon
>>
>>31133064
Thought that was Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>31136021
>check poll
>majority picked yes
SuMo shills confirmed BTFO forever
>>
>>31136033
I would catch a Lapras whether or not I needed it to be able to surf, but to address that concern expand the number of pokemon that can be ridden and you kill that feeling of "I only captured x for flying/surfing/breaking boulder ect.". Instead of only having 2 pokemon that you can surf on they expanded it to 5 or 6 it wouldn't be so limiting.
>>
>>31136065
Well we established that gamefreak has no artistic sensibilities already
>>
>>31136118
The new style created Shiny Aegislash so...
>>
File: 1940 - Porkyman Vaporeon.jpg (56KB, 274x400px) Image search: [Google]
1940 - Porkyman Vaporeon.jpg
56KB, 274x400px
everything
>>
>>31136114
I can relate. But I thought of a situation:
So what if a young girl play the game and she only like to use cute Pokemon and "waifumon". Then which Pokemon should she use or catch to shove the boulders, without a rental Machamp?
>>
>>31136065
I think the magic of a shiny is making a mon look appealing with another pallete, it doesnt matter the amount of color you change, but make it appealing and/or clever.

If you're going to leave the mon almost the same, then the shiny loses all the magic, AND if you're going to change just one color, at least make it worth it.

For example, Litten line looks hideous in shiny, changing black to white is not clever in this instance because white looks weird with Red, if they wanted to mix it with white, they could have changed the RED to it (and they would've still changed just one color).
>>
>>31128788
I acquired camerupt Via wonder trade.
>>
>>31136166
Game Freak has demonstrated how dumb it can be on several occasions, but if you have 5 or 6 pokemon it should be pretty easy to prevent that kind of sameness. Most of the pokemon the spring to mind when I think of what pokemon would be used for moving boulders,Graveler, Hariyama, Machamp, Lucario, Conkeldurr, Heracross, and Gallade, aren't exactly "waifumon" either.
>>
>>31129683
Just a feature similar to the battle finder. I hope i'm not the only one that enjoys doing trainer battles over.
>>
File: STUMPED.jpg (74KB, 1263x1165px) Image search: [Google]
STUMPED.jpg
74KB, 1263x1165px
>>31136134
>>
>>31132851
Tbh, this game pretty much saved me from chronic depression. I've had more fun with this than virtually any other game in existence in the last 20 years.
>>
>>31133069
They did the same thing with ORAS.
They did the same thing with X/Y.
They did the same thing with B/W and B2/W2.

It's just jumping on a bandwagon because these days it's cool to hate things whether they are good or bad.
>>
>>31128741
if you gotta do like XY with old pokemon all over the place at least add lots of them and not the Pelipper and Raticate every route
>>
>>31136287
Well good for you!
>>
>>31136085
Check it again.
>>
>>31135748
How about instead of needlessly mocking my ideas about opinions, you try to form a cohesive argument?
>>
>>31136595
How about you stop thinking with facts instead of your feefees for once
>>
>>31136777
*start thinking
>>
>>31126058
Late-game trainers with Pokemon that have movepools consisting of less than four moves and the worst grinding reliance since HGSS, for starters.
>>
>>31136777
And you believe your opinion, that sun and moon are objectively terrible, is fact?
>>
>>31126058
Honestly not that much this time, these are clearly better than whole gen6. It still had some flaws but what game doesn't.
>Ridiculously easy trainer battlles (90% only have 1 Pokemon)
>Not that many new Pokemon at all
>No new Megas
>Not that many alola forms considering there are barely new pokemon
>Leveling takes to long, rare kitchens are NOT equal or better than blissey bases
>Why the fuck can't we battle Lusamines monster form, like what the fuck why is this bitch still throwing Pokeballs
>Wild Chansey can't hold luckey egg anymore and I can't figure out why no matter how hard I think about it
>Wasted opportunity with battle legends or famous trainers from past gens in the battle tree, more could have been introduced. Instead most known trainers are shitters from this gen
>>
>tfw XY turned out to be better than SM

And you people kept saying that XY was garbage and cancer compared to how great SM were.
>>
>>31136992
Is it weird that SM really disappointed me but XY didn't?
>>
>>31137004
yes, that's pretty damn weird to be honest. SM is the better game by far, XY or the whole of gen6 is as low as it can get considering Pokemon games.
>>
>>31137004
No.

Like I'm not saying XY were the best Pokemon games ever, because they certainly messed up in a few spots there (and didn't get the usual third version to fix those mistakes to boot)

But SM tried changing up the formula and suffered horribly for it. Would have been better off with the usual 8 gyms/you beat up evil team formula that was used in previous generations (but without ditching the riding Pokemon thing because fuck HMs).

I'm expecting gyms to come back in Gen 8 and for the fanbase to cheer.
>>
>>31126058
SM was decent but nothing to write home about. Super Mystery Dungeon was better.
>>
File: 492282502.jpg (54KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
492282502.jpg
54KB, 500x333px
>>31136595
>wanting an actual coherent, nuanced argument
>getting pissy and whining when people opt to just troll you instead of bothering with your pretentious garbage
>on 4chan

Holy fuck, how new are you?
>>
>>31126286
>most casualized
Played it with exp share off so my pokemon were underleveled and unlike gen 1 ,with the same level difference, you couldn't one shot elite 4 pokemon with a super effective move. So the pokemon are probably EV trained.

>most characters are insignificant to the story
Like in all pokemon game, 90% of the gyms leader, elite 4 etc... are like that

>HM replacements
This is complaining for the sake of complaining, people bitched for 20 years that HM force you to have certain pokemon in your team and waste a move slot, they find a solution that let you make the team you want but people still complain.

>double battles and battle royale are nearly unplayable
Nice hyperbole

>most linear game yet
People say that every fucking gen, but every pokemon game is linear. If you want a non linear game play an open world not pokemon.

>there no puzzles
Most gym doesn't have puzzles, and except 1 or 2, they are easy as fuck

>Totem battles are few in number
You had 7 totem battles+ 4 Kahuna, in other game you only had 8 gym leader. Also you have a mini-boss on each route who will use Z-moves or more advanced strategy like the ula'ula meadow golfer who use a guts Hariyama and a trick alakazam both with flame orb

>Corrosion (doesn't affect attacking-moves)
Who the fuck care, most of the time you cill use toxic to poison anything.

>to Pokemon that will never be able to make good use of them
You mean like most pokemon? Iron fist Ledian exist

>A number of abilities are the same renamed
Nothing new: Vital spirit and insomnia, Huge power and pure power, air lock and cloud nine etc...

>SOS system
It also make the game harder, you should like it if you complain about the game being "casualized"
Also you have other methode to ev-train, like the bouncy house in the festival plaza or Poké Pelago
>>
>>31137330
>Like in all pokemon game, 90% of the gyms leader, elite 4 etc... are like that
The difference is that other pokemon games don't have half of its gameplay time being cutscenes.
>>
File: 1480283353821.png (117KB, 361x286px) Image search: [Google]
1480283353821.png
117KB, 361x286px
>There are people here, right now, who unironically want the sliding-on-ice puzzles back
>>
>>31137096
It wasn't the removal of the gyms that bothered me, it was the removal of so many mechanics and other features.

>Hordes have less on-screen models than double or multi battles so it's rather annoying that they removed them, even triple and rotation battles would have had the same amount if there was only one trainer per side
>Things like the PSS and O-Powers are gone
>The Gen V exp scaling is back and there's nothing like the Chateau or Black Tower/White Treehollow to alleviate those problems combined with the post-game league having low-levelled mons and the lack of Lucky Eggs, this also makes Hyper Training a bitch to perform
>Festival Plaza is a shittier Join Avenue and PSS with none of the things about them that people liked, combined with the version-exclusive shit that even JA was merciful with, obtaining facilities is a pure game of chance coupled with ridiculous levels of unfun grinding
>Festival Plaza's guest lists make online trading/battling more of a chore than it should
>The battle facilities are completely relentless even by the series' standards which makes getting the IV items hell and hinders EV training, the things we need to make good teams in the first place
>The Macho Brace, the thing we used to EV train before getting ahold of the IV items is gone
>SOS battles suck altogether, DexNav and hordes were infinitely better
>Refresh doesn't have the Amie minigames and Poke Beans fill hunger more than Poke Puffs so raising affection outside of Rainbow Beans is more tedious
>48% of all mons available in-game, the lowest it's been since FRLG and quite possibly the entire series
>Customisation is even more shallow than it was in XY, and the ride gear obscures your clothes and looks fucking dreadful
>>
>>31137411
Not him, but it sounds like you just don't want to admit that you're wrong
>>
>>31137506
if sliding on my ass would make lille shut the fuck up, I might take it up.

I honestly would give up the 3DS games' free walking and go back to grid walking if it meant I could avoid the non-stop railroading.

This is giving me Morrowind versus Oblivion flashbacks now.
>>
>>31137330
I'm playing with exp share off too.
currently finished the ghost trial, my pokemon are never a level above even the random trainers, shits hard.

Had trouble against mimikyu's totem because haunter slept 3/5 of my slow as fuck team before they could even damage mimikyu.
>>
>>31137747
Why'd they have to ruin so many of the new Pokemon by making them so slow?
>>
>>31133116
It's a group of people samefagging, from /v/.
>>
>>31128053

I mostly agree but double battles have an absolute garbage framerate and there's noticeable waittime between selecting an action and the animations beginning. This has been an issue since XY though.
>>
File: 1481419051332.png (70KB, 809x734px) Image search: [Google]
1481419051332.png
70KB, 809x734px
I wonder how much of my total playtime was spent wasted watching shitty cutscenes.
>>
>>31137890
3 hours or so
>>
>>31131663
>>31133380

>Game has been out over a month and people still don't know about the autism box
>>
>>31137118
What did you expect from a SuMo shill?

>>31137561
>>31137096
Thank you for further confirming that nobody liked the changes in SuMo. What a fucking worthless """""game""""".

>>31137506
Would you prefer the cinematic experience that is SuMo?

>>31137822
Nope, everyone on /vp/ agrees that SuMo is atrocious and the worst in the series. Accept it shill.

>>31137747
Why is SuMo so casualized, bros?
>>
>>31137890
6 hours out of the 10 it takes to beat this shit. Literally the Superman 64 of Pokemon.

>>31137915
Can you blame us for not wanting to watch this monstrosity again?
>>
Game kinda ended by the seafolk village

Everything after that wAs a giant victory lap
>>
>>31137916
You've been making these threads for weeks. What's your problem?

>>31137927
Game duration is 30 hours, but nt
>>
- they didn't even try with trials, it's almost as if they want this to be a "case study" they can point to in the future to prove that "people don't want anything but gyms" when really they just did the most half-assed job possible
- focus on story makes replays a chore
- low amount of new pokemon (and they didnt even really make up for it with the new forms like gen 6 did)
- festival plaza is kind of a mess

other than that it's pretty good
>>
>>31137942
Fuck off shill, people are finally waking up to the fact that SuMo were shitty ass games.

>>31138007
>game is irredeemable trash
>it's still pretty good
Stockholm syndrome detected.
>>
>>31138123
Convincing post chum. I hate SM now!
>>
>>31126058
I hope the people saying encounter rates are shit, also realize that certain patches of grass have higher encounter rates than others.

I still think the encounter rate in general, meaning the amount of times I get interrupted when trying to move past a patch of grass, is ass.
>>
Festivalbar
>>
>>31137890
But don't you love your waifu? :33333 Lillie is so cute ^____^
>>
I'm 23, i'm a random pokemon player since pokemon yellow, i played every gen except the sixth, i've got a 2ds in bundle with moon. Now i'm going to fight the pokemon league and i really loved this game.
>>
>>31138367

My waifu of choice is Lusamine
>>
>>31138638
Subtle shilling is still shilling, cuck.
>>
>>31138123
>shilling pokemon on a board dedicated to pokemon
back to /v/
>>
>>31136877
It's not an opinion; it's a fact. The sooner you shills accept this, the less your ass will continue to burn.
>>
>>31139330
Watch his faggot ass come up with a completely assblasted paragraph about how SuMo are such perfect games and how superior he is to us which will be the most ironic shit ever.
>>
>>31139330
But it is an opinion.
>>
>>31139330
>GUYS IF I CALL MY OPINION "OBJECTIVE" IT BECOMES FACT!
>>
>>31137004
XY were the first 3D main series games.

It didn't impress me as don't really care about graphics, but I imagine that all that work took a toll on the game's content. It hyped itself on mega evolution and delivered. No harm done.

gen 7 however has no excuse. Reused all the models from XY, so the chunk of the work was already done, then overhyped itself (just go look at the trailers, like the Type: Null and Ultra Beast ones, and remember all the discussion going on about them) and failed to deliver.

The story is a gripe of mine. Nihilego is the only UB featured in the story. Type Null's "purpose" in the end was just lore. Guzma and the Team Skull completely disappears after a certain part, and in the end the plot was really "mother wants to chill with her UBs but daughter do not want". It had fucking nothing to do with you, Type Null, Ultra Beasts (besides Nihilego) or even Pokemon. You can transfer this plot to any other JRPG.
>>
Region could be bigger.
Lots of water mons are hard to find.
Need one more PC in Poni.
Can´t go to the golf field.

Also gotta have more interaction between Gladion and Chicken-chan. Because I want it.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11646554/r

Daily reminder that its only 11 antifags that continusly shitpost compared to the majority of /vp/ that likes these games
>>
>>31140559
>strawpoll
>>
>>31137561
As someone who actually likes SM, you hit every single major problem. Just one thing I'd like to clarify.

>horrible EXP grind
For leveling up one single Pokemon, this is quite possibly the worst generation ever outside of Gen 2, and you can't transfer stuff from those over to Gen 7 anyways.

>Gen 1
Missingno.png
>Gen 3
Emerald Cloning glitch allowed for easy duplication of rare candies, if you were truly crazy you could set up Secret Bases with nothing but level 100 Blissey in them (absurd amount of work but the payoff of the EXP grind becoming a joke); Lucky Egg was borderline impossible to get but was easily clonable once you did finally get it.
>Gen 4
Very high level trainers to fight in PtHGSS in general; Lucky Egg was easier to get but still a hellish grind and couldn't be cloned anywhere near as easily (But if you got it in Gen 3 you could port your cloned Lucky Eggs over just fine)
>Gen 5
EXP scaling present; Audino existed and gave fucktons of EXP, freebie Lucky Egg existed and it was possible to get more of them if you got lucky, B2W2 had the possibility of fighting Level 90+ Blissey owned by trainers for absurd EXP gains, O-Powers allowed for temporary doubling of EXP, Join Avenue existed
>Gen 6
No EXP scaling, very high level trainer Pokemon available in general, ORAS making getting more Lucky Eggs a joke (hi Pelliper), the return of Blissey Secret Bases (except no longer hell to set up!), Pass Powers allowed for temporary doubling of EXP
>Gen 7
EXP scaling returns, only 1 Lucky Egg per savefile, highest level Pokemon used by rematchable trainers is 65 (and that's if you get lucky and get the one guy with a full team of 6 in a E4 run), Pickup nerfed, Festival Plaza exists but is only barely worth the effort given the painful grind for FC; games introduce mechanic that requires Pokemon to be level 100 to take part in it just to rub it in

At least Gen 7 still has the Gen 6 EXP Share for mass-grinding?
>>
File: 1401638036723.png (124KB, 292x222px) Image search: [Google]
1401638036723.png
124KB, 292x222px
Sun and Moon was the first pokemon game I've played in about a decade. Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to feel about it?

I beat it in a couple days and just powered through everything without grinding levels even once. I had a bit of trouble by the time I got to the elite four. I guess I didn't really play the game correctly but I just wanted to finish it quickly.

Thinking about now playing Black and White, since that seems to be one of the most loved pokemon games from the past few gens. I'd probably take more time with that one.
>>
There are no real puzzles or dungeon crawls. The longest you ever spend in one area doing something is leading up to the dragon trial. There is no encounters before any of the legendary pokemon and you find necrozma wandering around at random in an area you've had access to since the first kahuna.
>>
>>31126058
Not even variety on Melemele Island. Seriously, I'm tried hard to make a full 6 party simply because I could do so but I wasn't able. Either my team was missing an important coverage type or I was deathly weak to Rock. Lilligant needed more coverage options and there simply weren't too many choices for Water/Grass/Fire Pokemon until Akala. What's ironic is that there are a bunch of Water-types on the first island but they are locked until you get to Lana. Bullshit.
>>
>>31141005
>how I'm supposed to feel about it?
SuMo is atrocious and you would only enjoy it if you were paid to do so.

>>31140559
>strawpoll

>>31139813
Shhhh, don't tell that to the SuMo shills, they only think with their feelings.
>>
I just noticed how there are almost too few optional dungeons in the game. Everything is too railroaded. And i feel they stopped giving a fuck by Poni Island.
>>
>>31141155
You should have dropped the game sooner. This is hatlrdly even a game.

>>31141064
>>31141104
Chronicled for the further BTFOening of an already BTFOed game
>>
>>31141005
Black and White is very polarizing, and is actually pretty similar to SM as they both have a story that's constantly shoved down your throat.
>>
>>31141196
I already finsihed and still enoying it though

:^)
>>
>>31126058

Your constant shitposting
>>
>>31139406
Thus far, all you have done to confirm your opinion as fact is exaggerate even the least significant flaws the games possess. Most people on this site overlook these flaws and seek to have fun in the games simply because they want to have fun. That's why the games were made in the first place; so that people can have fun. And as sales figures repeatedly state, Sun and Moon are not only two of the most successful games released in 2016, they are the most popular games in the entire Pokemon franchise. Based on this, one can say that the games are the absolute best in the series.
>>
>>31142519
I'd say story in BW is not presented in such annoying way as in SM. Or maybe I'm biased since I'm an Unovabortion
>>
>>31126763
it allows you to catch things, what they mean is no new areas are opened up post-game with unseen Pokemon
>>
>>31139813
Guzma being a pawn of Lusamine was a big disappointment. I wanted to see a Skull vs Aether thing like Aqua/Magma except not shit.
>>
>>31126286
A lot of these complaints will only matter to competitive players and let's be fucking honest, Game Freak doesn't really give a shit about that crowd. They just like to throw them a bone.
>>
>>31126286
Are there any images like these for all other gens?
>>
99% of the trainers only had one fucking pokemon.
>>
>>31126596
I actually liked him more than the previous "happy" protagonists.
>>
>>31141005
Play HGSS if you want nostalgia for the old games.

Play BW if you want something that feels like a rebooted gen 1.
>>
>>31143669
There is an ORAS one and an RBY one. Idk if any others have been made.

>>31143608
Over half those complaints are about the in-game story though
>>
>>31128750
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>31144423
I went out of my way to get Sneaky Pebbles onto my lead Smeargle, and it can do a whopping NOTHING with it over half of the fights in the game. This isn't anything NEW mind you, but even the fights with the leaders don't have more than 3 pokemon.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.