[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one's the best, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_9218.jpg (53KB, 1024x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9218.jpg
53KB, 1024x285px
Which one's the best, /vp/?
>>
>>31123700
None
>>
>>31123700
trannyseal
>>
>>31123700
the S7 of course
>>
prima > wrassler > owl
>>
whichever one you like the most
>>
Once Incineroar gets intimidate it would be okay for intimidate fodder.

Other 2 are irredeemable.
>>
>>31123700
Stop trying to start these wars
>>
primarina
>>
>>31123700

I think Trannyseal is the only one with OU potential, but the lowest tier of OU.
>>
>>31123700
>Design
Owl

>Competitive
Primarima

>Personality
Incineroar

>Overall
Primarina
>>
>>31123700
Trannyrina=Luchalitten>NU-male owl
>>
mermaid > wrestlecat > owl
>>
>>31123700
Primarina > Imceneroar > owl
>>
>>31123700
Design: owl
Competitive: mermaid
>>
>>31125382
Competitive should be Incineroar too.
Sadly Primarina got the shaft this gen.
>>
Primarina > Decidueye > Incineroar
>>
>>31123723
Primarina can be easily busted depending on what she gets on Move Tutors next game. Intimidate Incineroar is just a Diet Arcanine. Decidueye kinda has its niche wirh Spirit Shackle but it will forever UU, forever competing with Dhelmise
>>
>>31125882
Oh man, Primarina with Liquid Voice + Boomburst would be so good. I can only hope she gets it.
>>
>Nearly everyone ITT answering primarina
I thought most of /vp/ hated it because of the trannyseal meme.
>>
Owl > fag seal > fursuit wrestler
>>
>>31126116
Just a few shitposters HATE her really, they just spam threads over and over. It's pretty much the same for the Decidueye falseflagging.
>>
>>31126116
A lot of people hated the genies, that didn't make them any worse.
>>
in game I feel like Primarina would be the best, since all the other Alolan water types are kind of too gimmicky.
I wanted to like Incineroar but I think it doesnt have enough defenses to cover for its lackluster speed.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161228-203957.jpg (420KB, 801x1279px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161228-203957.jpg
420KB, 801x1279px
>>
>>31126485
Primarina is easy mode in-game, good moveset + Scald + Waterium Z early on
>>
>>31123700
>design
I like em all (fucking fight me), but owl wins this round
>singles viability
monk seal, no contest
>doubles viability
once HAs release, el tigre. For now, seal wins again
>personality
incine "smash a fookin table on 'is ead" roar
>in the anime
currently unknown, shaping up to be el tigre again if rowlet does a totodile or a torterra

Surprised by the good sense most anons in this thread seem to have.
>>
>>31126599
Shit, I forgot about
>story mode
also primarina, one of the best water types in SM
>>
>>31126205
>her
>>
>>31123700
In my opinion:
P>I>D
For first forms though:
L>P>R
And mid forms:
T>B>D
>>
>>31123717
What's the S7?
>>
>>31126658
rofl XD
>>
Popularity so far from most polls
Owl> primarina > incineroar (used to be incineroar in second place, but prima had been catching up with popularity, interchangable with prima)

Competitive all not so good, but prima got better typing, owl got a niche and incineroar will get better with intimidate
>>
>>31126512
Incineroar did it first tho.
>>
>>31126743

But he's out now
>>
>>31123700
why did you not make a strawpoll?
>>
>>31126768
It was like few days ago, and that probably be the same for decidueye.
Primarina has yet to appear.
>>
Glad Incineroar's not nearly as hated as I thought, if a bit sad he's not many's first choice.

He's mine, both for design (even with human hands) and tankiness.
>>
>>31126658
>Not rerolling for a female
>>
>>31123700
Personally I love Incineroar the most but the owl is probably objectively the best designed
>>
Decidueye is good and versatile, but loses to a lot because it's too fat and slow and it's typing makes it very squishy, it's better off scarfed or used as a trapper/pivot. Primarina is a super soaker that can sing, but gets checked by common ou threats like Tapu Koko and Mega Venusaur. And Incineroar is too slow to get off the ground and probably loses to most ground types with that atrocious 60 speed, although intimidate is okay, lando-t does that better.
>>
>>31123700
competitively? easily primarina, she rocks

design-wise, primarina > incineroar > decidueye
>>
Incineroar. He works pretty well on itself as anti-Celesteela and Marowak core, he's pretty flexible, he can also work well in tricky room if that's your thing.

And he's getting Intimidate in the future, so yeah.
>>
>>31129170
Nice try, nu-male
>>
>>31129240
there it is

he said it

the thing
>>
>>31126512
Doesn't that mean that people put it in refresh more often so it gets the boosts?
>>
>>31129170
>objectively
There's no such thing as an objectively good design, because everyone has different requirements for what constitutes a good design. I personally like all the starters though.
>>
>>31123700
Incineroar and Primarina are both good
>>
None, all three final evos are garbage, both design-wise and competitive-wise.

Would rather use Gen 5 starters instead.
>>
>>31129219
Primarina sucks dick. It has piss poor defense, Grass, Poison and Electric are increasing in popularity, especially poison. and there are tons of great special tanks that everyone uses
>>
>>31125882
>next game
woops dead meme
>>
Primarina and Incineroar both have the most upside with Primarina being a good special wallbreaker (if you use Choice Specs especially) . Incineroar is the same way, and is already seeing play in VGC thanks to it's decent offensive typing, impressive bulk and varied movepool. once it gets Intimidate it essentially becomes an Arcanine without recovery or Extremespeed but access to Fake Out, U-Turn, and Cross Chop

Decidueye however has NO upside whatsoever. It's movepool isn't good enough for it to be a mixed attacker, it doesn't excel at anything in particular and has to compete against another Grass/Ghost in the SAME DAMN GAME who even has the same niche attack as him, and his Hidden Ability is dogshit
>>
>>31123700
Boxing them. But for speed runs primaria
>>
>>31128626
Litten was always top-tier, and so was Torracat. The wrists and biased gender design kill much of Incineroars potential tho (my Litten was a female, so it was hard to evolve her)
>>
>>31129401
Incineroar is terrible in VGC -- I haven't seen one decent team use it, because it is straight up outclassed by Arcanine. Intimidate might help it, but even then it's going to fall prey to the rest of the top tier threats already in the tier. It's okay on Trick Room teams I guess, but it's just terribly mediocre all around.
>>
>>31129350
I found the unovabortion
>>
>>31123700
I like both Incineroar and Primarina. Decidueye is cool too but I don't like it quite as much.

>>31125882
Sorry to say but Primarina has pretty much no chance of actually getting Boomburst. That would actually make it's HA useful somehow, and we can't have that.
>>
>>31129535
>Primarina has pretty much no chance of actually getting Boomburst.
Source: Mein Arsch
>>
>>31129509
I remember fighting one in VGC and the nigger used everything on my team and didn't kill shit, got OHKO'd by my Krook's EQ. He forfeited
>>
>>31129509
I don't see how Arcanine outclass Incineroar.
Fire/dark, Prankster immunity, Fake out and a better bulk and this is without talking about the possibilities of move tutors.
If anything, its only because incineroar don't have acces to its HA that Arcanine is a better choice.
>>
>>31129521
So what? Unova is a fucking godsend compared to Kalos and even Alola.

But no, you chucklefucks had to bitch about BW not having your shitty Abra or Gastly in pre-national dex; so now we have regions with fewer new Pokemon and those same new Pokemon have shit encounter rates compared to all those Kanto fucks.
>>
>>31129377
>Primarina sucks because grass, poison, and electric are increasing in popularity
Kek. Your other points ring true, but this just sounds like bait.
>>
>>31129703
plus, it could get sucker punch in a future update to make up for its lack of any priority moves.
>>
>>31129703
Prankster isn't relevant in VGC.

You're correct with the rest though. Let's not forget the high power dark Z-move.
>>
>>31129509
Yeah, Intimidate Incineroar can easily be countered by Competitive Milotic holding Adrenaline Orb.
>>
>>31129617
Just seems too obvious, and considering how Primarina has been treated so far I wouldn't get my hopes up for GF to actually try giving it anything nice.
>>
>>31129769
>What is team building
>>
File: 1482373440844.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482373440844.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
>>31129861
yeah, whatever, owlfag
>>
>>31129480

I figure if Incineroar wasn't quite as top heavy and/or specifically pec-ariffic that wouldn't be an issue in gender terms, I see a lot of decent-to-passable female Incineroar art (and doesn't even try to sexualize them).
>>
I like incineroar and primarina equally

I think desidueye has a nice design, but other than that I don't really feel strongly towards it
>>
>>31129861
its about as likely as delphox getting thunderbolt, samurott getting shell smash or empoleon getting roost. ;_;
>>
>>31129931
Anon you are getting way too defensive. I LIKE Primarina. But let's not lie to ourselves and pretend that it's being treated equally to the other two, because it isn't. There's always at least one starter that gets shafted and this time it's clearly Primarina.
>>
File: 1482941906464.jpg (56KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1482941906464.jpg
56KB, 894x894px
>>31129981
>>
>>31130072
Hey remember that new starter theme and how Popplio somehow evolves into Pikachu while Primarina is mysteriously absent? Or how in the anime Ash has both Litten and Rowlet while Popplio was given to a secondary character?
>>
Decidueye could could go toe to toe with a lot of the comen mons in the meta. He take on the all tapus, cuz decidueye can take a moonblast, and a leech horn. alolan merrowak, he out speeds it And when you use spirit shackles it's can't really escape.gastrodon (I've been seeing a lot of those lately) and toxapex. And when it's gets it's hidden ability it will protect it from bainfull bunker poison, and it's attack won't get lowerd by ageaslash's kings sheild. And the cat will get killed by garchomps EQ which is very common in the meta. And when it gets it's hidden ability and stops garchomp from one hit koing it then what is it going to do? It will just do some little damage and get killed the turn. And primerina well I'm not going to stomp on it. I feel it's getting anouth hate when it was just popplio.
>>
>>31130134
Hay dudr your wrong again litten will be in the hands of professor kukui. Kukui's torracat Will cause Rowlet's characteristics to change. Leading up to a ash's pikachu and decidueye vs kukui's lycanroc and incineroar.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 400x480px
>>31130134
Not the same anon but pic related disproves your statement and the anime choosing not to give ash the feminine starter is honestly not surprising, especially when the anime's target audience is mainly young boys.
>>
>>31131053
Oh, sorry then. I didn't know you'd already seen the whole SM arc. Since you are from the future can you tell me if Lana even appears often? No, it's likely that Litten will be the fighter and Rowlet will the the mascot. Popplio's fate depends on if Lana has any relevance.

>>31131195
It doesn't disprove anything since Primarina was still cut from the main theme to make room for Pikachu. And regardless, unless Lana plays a major role and battles often, Popplio won't be much of anything.
>>
File: IMG_2338.png (1MB, 1117x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2338.png
1MB, 1117x806px
>>31129350
>>
>>31129377
>implying 74 defense isn't average
>being retarded enough to put it up against physical attackers when special defense is its strong suit
>making up BS about what types are being used more
>>
To be honest I can't see Nintendo being stupid enough not to give ash decidueye. Remember it is the most popular out of the tree. Would sell a lot of products. Cuz if I wanted an incineroar action figger I would've just bought a John cina toy. If wanted a premarina toy I would've just bought a little mermaids one. But there is no way your going to find a hoodie that can throw arrows in the black market. That shit will sell out. And plus to be in super smash bros you need to four things, unique, have a human shape, and popularity. First unique wich decidueye is. I mean we had clues that told us that incineroar was going to be dark type. And popplio learns a fairy move which was a clue for primerina. But no one sall rowlet turning into a ghost coming. Not to mention if he does get it, it would be his first ever official ghost type pokemon. That's unique. Human shape. Check, popularity. Well if decidueye was popular anouth to dethrone incineroar in refresh. So yah he's pretty popular. And he complet the three starter triangle in smash. We got charizard the fire type, greninja the water type. And one more open spot. It would really make sense to cuz he'll be the seventh pokemon that represents the seventh generation. But the only thing that's stoping this entire thing is the anime, for their to be a decidueye in smash there has to be a decidueye in the anime. And rowlet lost his first battle. And people are thinking that ash will get a op incineroar and let rowlet be a comedy relief backpack Bird. Wich would be pretty stupid. Think about another op fire dark type. Ash has charizard and infernape. And for dark crookadile and greninja. So adding another one would be pretty redundant. And I know that ash likes fast sweepers so I think the better fire type pokemon for him would be salandit. And litten don't worry he could be still a strong pokemon. But he can't be in ash's team so why not give him to professor kukui. Think maybe litten could be Rowlet's rival.
>>
File: bruh latias.png (266KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bruh latias.png
266KB, 400x400px
>>31132211
Can I save this?
>>
>>31129762
Well, you also have to ask yourself: what does it kill to make it worth giving up your Z Move to it? It'll hit neutrally on a good amount of Pokémon, but Tapus resist it except for Lele, and Dark isn't exactly a common weakness, unlike Water or Grass in the meta.

There's also the fact that it is slow and rain teams are common. It would need trick room support built around it to make the most of it.
>>
>>31132273
Yes you can save it, share it f you want.
>>
Wait why is dark immune to prankster I'm pretty sure any one can prank a villain in a show or movie. If anything ghost types should be immune to prankster, cuz you can't prank a ghost. So why would they do thi.... wait greninja boost
>>
File: condiments.jpg (91KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
condiments.jpg
91KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>31129316
Kek. Looks like Primarina doesn't need any boosts.
>>
File: 1472855331247.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1472855331247.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>31130943
Only the most deluded and desperate Owl fags would use Decidueye to take on the Tapus when there are far better choices.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.