[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else hate most gen 1 Pokemon designs? Compared to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1455424867379.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455424867379.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
Does anyone else hate most gen 1 Pokemon designs?
Compared to gen 2 and beyond, they seem pretty uninspired. You get a purple rat, a pile of sludge, generic birds that evolve into bigger, just as uninteresting birds, and a freakin' crab.
The rest of them are uninteresting or just flat out dumb.
Why do people worship gen 1?
>>
>Why do people worship gen 1?
nostalgia
>>
Because it looks natural, It's better than say Primal Groudon or Kyogre, with lines all over that make it look like an animal crossed with a motherboard.
>>
>>31122312
I find some designs good like aerodactyl or kabutops, but the list is shallow. I say it's because of the 151 and how those gen 1 faggots grew up with them
>>
>>31122312

Nostalgia. Most people agree that gen 1 looks shitty

It's just that the few Gen 1 designs that aren't crap are actually good.
>>
>>31122312
Eh, gen 1 designs are certainly bland but acceptable.
Gen 2 on the other hand is horrendous.
>>
I agree, to an extent. Not every gen 1 pokemon is nidoking or gyrados, a lot have pretty shit designs
>>
>>31122312
I understand you.
The gen 1 mons are looking so boring and basic.
The gen 7 mons are so creative.
>>
>>31122364
Yeah. Some of them are good or even great, but most of them aren't worth remembering.
>>
>>31122362
>Because it looks natural,
Which is exactly why they're shit. They seem like something you could encounter in reality as opposed to actual monsters.

Groudon and Kyogre look like the kind of things you would expect from a series named pocket monsters in the fact that they look like ferocious monsters.
>>
>>31122362
>>31122439
I think that while it's good to have something you could encounter in reality, some of them are just way too simple, or just plain dumb (Krabby, a crab, or shelder, a clam with a tongue).
I also don't think that all pokemon should be so overdesigned, that seems like something that should be specific for rare or legendary pokemon, and for the most part that seems to be true.
>>
>>31122312
I never understood all the hate for Gen 1 mons until I started paying close attention to the 3d models and comparing them to the new ones. I personally like designs from all gens but I especially like a lot of gen 1 and 2 designs. The 3d models for gen 1 pokemon are downright awful. I would think it was because they werent designed for 3d like the newer gens but I doubt gen 2 was and it looks much better. Gen 1 designs sometimes don't match the original artwork or earlier sprites. They are either fat for no reason or have no neck. The only reason I can think of is that they did the 3d designs chronologically and the first 151 were made when they didn't have the expertise they do now.

For people who grew up with the 3d models I understand why they wouldn't like gen 1 desings.
>>
>>31122575
I don't hate most of gen 1. Instead, I have no love for them.
I think that the best way to describe my thoughts towards them would be that as more pokemon got created, those designing them had to get more and more creative. These days you mostly see the results of tons of creativity and rejected ideas that were bounced around and combined with other ones until they grew into something new, while back then you had "Uh, let's like, make a horse! But.. the mane, it's fire instead! Yeah, that seems good."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.