[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Timeline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: pvba5Ur.png (342KB, 500x1007px) Image search: [Google]
pvba5Ur.png
342KB, 500x1007px
no split timelines
just one line.
>>
>>31116034
THANK YOU
cant believe the bullshit of yesterday .everyone agreeing with the thread of yesterday about split timelines even though the creators themselves said it was linear.
>>
So while the world was LITERALLY ending in Hoenn Red was just busy doing gyms?
>>
>>31116034
I guess remakes just retcon older games out of existence.
>>
>>31116069
"the world"
nobody cares about hoenn.
also red had to take care of giovanni and mewtwo. what is weird though is that frlg have deoxys.... but in different forms
>>
>>31116070
>literally called remakes
>expecting them to be different stories

What the fuck are you talking about? They're remakes of the games, retellings of the same stories you fucking idiot
>>
>>31116082
who are you quoting ?
>>
>>31116081
An apocalyptic meteor is hurtling towards the world. Not just Hoenn would have been effected
>>
>>31116034
>mfw autistic neckbeards permavirgin basement dwellers thought there were two timelines
>>
>>31116090
>implying meme arrows are only for direct quotes
>being this new
>>
>>31116121
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>31116121
who are you quoting
>>
He later deleted that tweet, though.
>>
>>31116135
Fuck off back to /jp/ cunt
>>
>>31116121
>being this new
>>
>>31116121
>>implying meme arrows are only for direct quotes
>>
now that its official can we finally stop talking about it.
>>
>>31116121
who quot
>>
You lot realise that tweet was deleted because they decided on two timelines right for ORAS right?
And that's just two.

Not one, not infinite, two.
>>
>>31116283
>they decided on two timelines right
never stated anywhere. with each installment previous events get retconned out of existence. rse is therefore as canon as rby and gsc
>>
>>31116069
I always thought of them moreso as roughly contemporaneous, like within a few months of each other as opposed to years apart like FRLG and HGSS.

Also Hoenn =/= the world. The most red would have noticed was a heat wave or some extended rains.
>>
>>31116069
What the fuck would you expect an 11 year old kid to fucking do in such a situation? No Red didn't do anything, he COULDN'T do anything, retard.
>>
>>31116555
>Hoenn =/= the world
If you raise the ocean enough to drown an entire country, I'm PRETTY SURE that all other countries in the world would be affected too. Same goes for an all-destroying asteroid crashing into the planet.
>>
>>31116304
Go back and play ORAS not only is it the only remake not to retcon it's original version but it also confirms that the Kalos war 3000 years ago caused a sort of fork in the timeline splitting it in two creating one timeline without mega evolution and one without.

It's pretty simple basically the two lines are
FRLG /RSE > HGSS/DPPt > BW > BW2/non mega XY > non mega SM

Then there's
Mega FRLG/ORAS > Mega HGSS/Mega DPPt > Mega BW > Mega BW2 > XY > SM

It shouldn't be this hard to understand. As for RBY and GSC adding them in creates an unexplained third timeline so until things are said otherwise by either the game or directly by the creators it's been retconned out of the main continuity.
>>
>>31116645
>until things are said otherwise by either the game or directly by the creators it's been retconned out of the main continuity.
its not like this tweet exists.
also the kalos war thing never caused anything thats headcanon from stupid poketubers who think too much into it.
>>
>>31116691
You do realise you're denying what's said within the games right?
>>
>>31116713
>You do realise you're denying what's said within the games right?
irony
>>
>>31116691
>tweet uses remakes
>game says there are two timelines
How can someone be this far in denial?

Shit's all laid out for you and you just want to over complicate things for no reason.
>>
>>31116645
but you are wrong.
the games all connect to each other.
remakes just overwrites some event
>>
>>31116724
You do know what irony means right?
It's not applicable to this situation.

Well, it's applicable to you seeing as what you're doing is inserting your headcanon into things.
>>
>>31116691
ORAS is pretty explicit about the Kalos War split. Whether you like the split or think it's dumb, it's right there in the games.
>>
>>31116739
Remakes completely retcon their older versions and the split timeline doesn't really affect the connection between regions as the events of the games happened in both timelines with slight differences.
>>
>>31116739
>the games all connect to each other.
You know that doesn't prevent two timelines from existing right?
>>
>>31116034
OP image is wrong I think but the timeline is a clusterfuck so it's NBD

>at least 3 timelines: Gens 1 & 2; Gens 3, 4, 5; Gens 6 & 7
>but since Gen 1 on VC will work with bank who the fuck knows anymore? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>FRLG != RGBY
>RSE != ORAS
>RSE takes place in FRLG timeline, hence no mega evolution
>ORAS takes place in XY timeline, hence mega evolution, fairy type, etc.
>furthermore, Looker and Anabel's memory loss in ORAS/SM implies they're from Pt/BW because wormholes

>>31116767
see attachment
>>
File: timelines.jpg (170KB, 605x1004px) Image search: [Google]
timelines.jpg
170KB, 605x1004px
>>31117119
what the fuck I swear I uploaded it
>>
If ORAS and FRLG/their Mega Equivalent happen at the same time, why is Wally the same age in SM while Red is a grown ass man?

Cynthia I can kind of understand because you age less visibly when you're an adult, but Wally should be grown up.
>>
>>31117145
>fun reference to rse
>OMG SPLIT TIMELINES GUYS
>>
>>31117175
Because GF are lazy. That's literally all there is to it.
>>
>>31117181
Maybe dimensions is a better word? But it's not even the first timeline split
>>
>>31116645
Pretty sure mega ORAS and mega FRLG take place at different times since Wally is a little kid in SM and Red is like 20. i know the real reason is that gamefreak is lazy but that's the only way it'd make sense in canon
>>
>>31116587
Well, Brendan could, so why not Red?
>>
>>31117352
It's worth remembering that unless a character appears outside of a facility it's a non canon appearance anyway.
Wally could be 10 or 100 and it wouldn't hold any bearing on the placement of the games.
>>
>>31117415
>It's worth remembering that unless a character appears outside of a facility it's a non canon appearance anyway.
Says who?
>>
>>31117434
Retards
>>
File: 2342342323423.png (1MB, 977x1513px) Image search: [Google]
2342342323423.png
1MB, 977x1513px
>>31116034
Correct. There is only one timeline.
But there are two worlds. One with Megas, and one without Megas. That's it. That's all the differences in those two world. You can now completely discard the original world, because it is no longer relevant.
>>
File: wut.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>31117352
I thought Mega FRLG was maybe kinda supposed to be Origins, however Red's personality is completely different.

shit don't make sense and it's probably not worth our time to think about it
>>
File: Whatever could it be.png (407KB, 954x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Whatever could it be.png
407KB, 954x1174px
>>31117352
>>31117434
>>31117436
>>
>>31117465
>There is only one timeline.
Wrong.
There WAS one before the war but it occurring caused a branch in the timeline creating two.

That is literally what was stated in game.
>>
>>31116059
They did?

In a way, this whole split timeline thing does sound retarded. But how do you explain Anabel? There's no "tower" in ORAS, just a shitty tease.

Unless it wasn't built yet in ORAS, since Sun and Moon are the only games that confirm everything happening several years later.

Then again, in all honesty, GF is just shit at continuity. Or at least they fucked it all up with the Delta Episode and then making Red and Blue older.
>>
>>31117498
It literally says in ORAS that the Battle Frontier is planned to be built. One person even mentions Lucy has been chosen to be Pike Queen.
>>
>>31117489
Worlds != timeline
Timeline refers to the order the events took place. In other words, FRLG taking place at the same time as RSE, DPPt taking place at the same time as HGSS.

What the weapon did was create two versions of it. The timeline is the same, but the world isn't. All the events are the same, but with Megas being a thing.
>>
>>31117484
Psychic powers accelerate the transformation into a milf
>>
>>31117484
I forgot about PWT. God, this really bothers my autism.
>>
>>31117522
>What the weapon did was create two versions of it. The timeline is the same, but the world isn't
You don't understand. The war was the focal point before that everything was the same and there only existed one timeline.
It occurring is what fractured it and split them into two different timelines.
>>
>>31117521
Who?
>>
>>31116135
Qho yre aou wuoting?
>>
>>31117610
>before that everything was the same and there only existed one timeline
What do you base that on? What proof do you have of that?

The only thing we know is that two worlds exist. Nothing says that the weapon was what created the split.
Unlike our world, where things just happen, in PokeWorld, they have a clear God. Arceus. He creates worlds and dimensions. Unless He decided to make another world right at the moment the weapon was fired, we should assume two worlds always existed. They were almost identical, but one had a big war that lead to Mega Evolution, the other world didn't.
>>
>>31117522
>Timeline refers to the order the events took place. In other words, FRLG taking place at the same time as RSE, DPPt taking place at the same time as HGSS.
Just so you know that's one definition and thinking it's the only one seems to be where you're making your mistake.

With that said we can still use this definition.
You say there's only one timeline yes and the events are the same however imagine there are two equally possible and impossible events on that timeline. In such an event we would have a split where one timeline had that event occur and one didn't.
This is what happened in pokemon. In the non mega timeline the war was the impossible scenario and it didn't occur. In the mega timeline however we know it did occur.

This is what was said in game.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 808x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 808x240px
You know what? Fuck this. You see pic related? I'm just gonna stick with that as my headcannon. Every Pokemon game occurs in its own unique universe like some string theory bullshit. It explains why there are two versions with different legendaries and why there's remakes with redesigns. Do they make sense and are they connected? Probably not. But it doesn't matter with infinite possibilities. It's the only way to make sense of the joke that is the Pokemon timeline. "Whoah, how'd that bitch get here!?" "Doesn't matter, infinite possibilities."
>>
>>31117671
It would do you some good to play ORAS
>"My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built.
>>
>>31117700
It would do you good to read my post before replying.

>The only thing we know is that two worlds exist. Nothing says that the weapon was what created the split.
>They were almost identical, but one had a big war that lead to Mega Evolution, the other world didn't.
>>
>>31117498
sm is at least 8 years away from oras, and thats not considering the years between gen 2/4 and BW
>>
>>31117682
We've literally seen both of those world. We KNOW they are the same. That the timeline is the same. I don't even know why we're arguing about this.

ORAS and RS are the same, one just have Mega Evolution. The events were the same. We know that Red and Blue are in the same position, so FRLG must have been the same, just with Mega Evolution. This applies to literally everything.

Again, I'm not denying there are two worlds. There are some differences. They aren't EXACTLY the same, as one had the War, the other didn't. But the rest of the events are the same, as far as we know. Nothing so far suggests the BW of Mega-verse was any different than the Original BW.
>>
>>31117715
>Nothing says that the weapon was what created the split.
It literally specifies the weapon at the end.

>A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built.
>>
>>31117699
In gen 3 to 5, that message just says "after a long journey across time". When you send a Pokemon to gen 6, it suddenly updates with "both time and space".
>>
>>31117779
Okay, so this is the third time I'm repeating myself, but I'll ask again. Why are you so sure the weapon created the split? Yes, one had the weapon, the other didn't. But how does that lead to you thinking the weapon created the split?
>>
>>31116070
Look at the actual tweet and ignore the image that someone added. He never mentions the remakes (hell, that tweet was made before ORAS was announced).
>>
>>31117811
Not that guy but since its the oldest moment given that has a difference it right now appears to be the most likely point of the split. Everything before that had evolution working the same as well so since Zinnia mentions evolution taking a different path then the cause of that is the most likely point in the split. Which is the weapon's creation.
>>
>>31117811
i guess at this point its just bait
>>
>>31117181
that alternate universe was where the incoming asteroid was going to be sent to crash until you ride Mega Rayquaza into space to fight Deoxys.
If it were "just a reference" then it would of had no weight on the story.
>>
>>31117811
Dude, you literally have a character saying the war was the point of divergence and then specifying the creation of the weapon. You can't get any clearer than that.
>>
File: Worlds.png (18KB, 789x496px) Image search: [Google]
Worlds.png
18KB, 789x496px
>>31117861
Thank you! At least someone can read my post.

My problem here is that how everyone is treating this like only one world existed before the creation of the weapon. That the second world only came to be because of the weapon. The difference was caused by the weapon. Nothing suggests that before it, there was only one world.

Like shown in pic related, why is everyone assuming that the weapon created the world, rather than assuming the weapon is what caused differences in the worlds.

>oldest moment given that has a difference
But we have another difference that is unrelated to the weapons. The creation of Sootoplois. In Mega-verse, it was created because of a Meteor thousands of years ago. In non-mega verse, it was an underwater volcano.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.