[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YAY Refresh allows you to care for your Pokemon after battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: sept20_p06_06.jpg (36KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sept20_p06_06.jpg
36KB, 400x240px
YAY Refresh allows you to care for your Pokemon after battle and even heal their status problems

>You cant play minigames anymore, instead of introducing new ones, GF got rid of them
>Pokemon dont recognize react to your face anymore and they dont hear your voice
>You cant pet them during the battle anymore either

One step forward, three steps back GG Game Freak
>>
The minigames sucked.
The face recognition was beyond repair. I hated not making the right face and seeing my bud get sad.
That last one I didn't even know existed.
NOW you want a real criticism,
>No refresh room with customizable furniture and no streetpass/spotpass buds.
>>
>>31114135
Are you sure they don't hear your voice? They seemed to for me... Or at least they got music notes while I was talking, might've been a coincidence
>>
>>31114135
>can't brush or clean your pokémon if they're not dirty
>>
>playing mini games over and over is fun!

/vp/ will complain about anything
>>
>>31114249
>having no minigames at all is better than having few

wew lad. Pokemon offers less and less content with each gen after gen 5 and thats supposed to ba good thing?
>>
Really the only thing I miss was the voice thing because it was funny as fuck seeing them get all excited at loud shit talking and banal conversation. Other than that, I think SM did a pretty great job especially making it reflect the environment you're in along with introducing the post-battle care shit that made it feel like a much more natural process.

The minigames were alright but honestly I'd rather they come back with the same degree of environment-integration as Refresh itself. I wouldn't mind some simple time-wasting shit like throwing yarn at them and having them fetch it or something, anything that lets me interact with my team more is cool in my book.

>>You cant pet them during the battle anymore either
That shit was really disappointing though, the first time it happened I was expecting them to cutely walk over down to the second screen and let me rub them up a little and instead I just got a goddamn disney ghost hand doing a weird side-to-side motion. Fuck that.

>>31114185
That was the worst thing about the face shit, I ended up taping the camera for a while because I was tired of never being able to actually do it, you also looked pretty retarded to people around you that didn't know what the fuck was going on.

>That last one I didn't even know existed.
Man you were missing out

>>31114227
Triggers the shit out of me
>>
>>31114135
>One step forward, three steps back GG Game Freak
No, that would be GF implementing Amie in X and Y, then removing it, along with friendship entirely for SM. At worst, we are looking at two steps forewards, one step back.
>>
I've got a dumb thought

I wonder if transferred Pokemon would become dirty after battle or would that just be the Alolan pokedex?

>>31114227
I was pretty disappointed when that wasn't a thing
>>
>>31114281
Don't see a reason they wouldn't, pretty sure they game just generates the dust/mud placement by itself.

I can't even use Alolan Exeggutor because it looks like it's literally been munching on shit every time and I can't take it seriously.
>>
There's only one thing I hate about refresh:

>be a trainer
>play with my mons, feed them when they do well
>suddenly they start getting criticals and curing themselves automatically
>be trying to catch shit
>want to get it down to red
>it faints
>Decidueye landed a critical hit wanting to be praised
>...
>fuck you too

Really wish you could turn the refresh bonuses off.
>>
>>31114344
I really wish they would move them into minigames of their own, I can understand a few of them like resisting sleep and maybe powering through paralysis (but not totally curing it) but some of them are total bullshit, like crits, dodging, expelling poison/paralysis like it's nothing, and toughing out OHKOs (as much as I've loved those wack as shit moments where it's totally saved my ass)

I could totally see moving the evasiveness and OHKO-survival shit into their own things and making you work for it, but fuck the rest.
>>
Fun fact, the 'get on your knees, shut your eyes and make a kissy face' text is still in there, they just don't use it.
>>
File: 1435454432319.jpg (13KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1435454432319.jpg
13KB, 540x489px
>>31114135
But unlike Amie, Refresh actually got me to care about my Pokemons' well-being.
In gen 6 Amie was just something I'd occasionally do because it was kinda cool to be able to pet your mons, but it was such a hassle, and the minigames were awful. Real talk, did anybody play anything other than berry picking? No, because the other two were fucking nightmare difficulty garbage. Also the shitty face recognition never worked for me.
Refresh, on the other hand, was quick and easy, I could clean my pokemon real quick after a battle, give them some beans so they'd do their very best, and even give them a little pat on the head every now and then. I used refresh so much that when I was done with the second island, my pokemon were almost at max affection. When I first got to the battle tree, my Magnezone tanked three OHKOs at 1 hp from Garry's Arcanine because I gave him little brushies after a battle when he was a wee little Magnemite, and on the way to the battle tree, my Kommo-O danced around a Machamp and kicked its shit in with Noble Roar/Clanging Scales while dodging every single fucking attack, and he was think about having some of them fuckin' beans the whole time.
Bottom line, Refresh is better than Amie, and you're a droopy-eyed mong, OP.
>>
>>31114562

> fucking nightmare difficulty garbage

Are you physically disabled or something?
>>
>>31114585
I agree, but Yarnball had vague hitboxes and really stupid trip ups the broke the flow.
>Endless puzzle
Puzzle was simple, it was literally swap piece back in place. But Endless puzzle was nightmare fuel.
>>
File: absolute autism.png (2MB, 746x996px) Image search: [Google]
absolute autism.png
2MB, 746x996px
>>31114562
>Real talk, did anybody play anything other than berry picking?
Shit nigga, that was the one I hated the most.

The yarn one was my favorite, once you got in the flow of it you could break it pretty easily
>>
>>31114135
>You cant play minigames anymore, instead of introducing new ones, GF got rid of them
They were kind of tedious though, I don't exactly miss them.

>Pokemon dont recognize react to your face anymore and they dont hear your voice
The facial recognition just didn't fucking work though, it was literally a broken feature, even making the most exaggerated facial expressions in a fully lit environment it would fail to register almost 100% of the time.
God help you if you have facial hair or glasses.

Seriously, the only way to make it reliably function was to draw exaggerated facial expressions onto slips of paper and show to the camera.

>You cant pet them during the battle anymore either
I actually miss this, that was great.
>>
>>31114264
>less content
The minigames were replaced with caretaking and the isles.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.