[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck was his problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

what the fuck was his problem
>>
What did he even personally destroy?
>>
he was poorly written
>>
>>31112632
His father
>>
>>31112619
>>
File: y'all are stupid.png (210KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
y'all are stupid.png
210KB, 500x357px
>>31112619
>>31112644
>>
>>31112632

His hopes and dreams
>>
>>31112619
He lost one too many golf tournaments

Fucking Kahili
>>
File: 1471489634057.png (29KB, 591x422px) Image search: [Google]
1471489634057.png
29KB, 591x422px
>>31112637
>>31112656
His father's hopes and dreams
>>
>>31112619
GF ran out of time so they said "fuck it, being attention whore with no purpose is good enough for him"
>>
>>31112632
MC's ass
>>
Literally best boss and second best boy of the game

Dont bully my boi
>>
>>31112684
He's a petty dude with a lack of real self-confidence, so he tries to put on aors of grandeur to compensate. However, he clearly can't handle failure in the slightest and so decides to be a felon as a result.

Pretty realistic, to be honest. He's not some fantastical and contrived anime villain. SM tried to make their characters feel real with their personalities and character developments, like with Hau, Lillie, Gladion, and Guzma.
>>
>>31112775
Thats just YOUR assumption
>>
>>31112775
Agreed
>>31112788
>Cant read between the lines
>>
>>31112788
>I can't into context clues
>>
>>31112632
his dad's golf clubs
>>
>>31112657
>beaten by Kahili in golf
>beaten by Kukui in Pokemon battles
>beaten by Molayne in studies

being Guzma is suffering
>>
>>31112775
What a teary...

Lillie and Gladion also have fucked up childhood, probably even more than Guzma and yet they're still know whats right and what wrong and know which side to pick when it really matters

Guzma cant. GG
>>
>>31112838
Guzma is an adult, he spent his life trying to do these things and now he lost his chances

Of course he's salty

The aryan children have their whole lives ahead of them to try all sorts of shit

Besides didn't Guzma get over it at the end?
He wasn't even that bad of a guy in the first place. Just kind of a bully
>>
>>31112838
Gladion and Lillie were subjected to external manipulation and abuse. Fucked up, yeah, and it took their toll on both of them (Gladion with his distrust of others and Lillie with her timidity). Guzma's issue is internal (his parents seem supportive enough), so it makes sense that his morality might be compromised.
>>
>>31112899
>>31112881
Stop trying to excuse something that isnt excusable

Guzma is just an asshole. Thats all there is to it
>>
>>31113037
>>31112838
>Baaaaw he should suck it up because other people have bigger problems than him! How dare he care about what affects him and be affected by it!
Kill yourself. I bet you are the type of people who tell others to be grateful of what they have because there's kids starving in Africa.
>>
>>31113062
Thats not the point dumbass

Guzma literally doesnt do ANYTHING to redeem himself. We have to save him and in the post game he's just simply excused by GF for no reason at all. He doesnt even show he wants to change and he isnt punished by his crimes like Charon, Zinzolin or Xerosic He seems pissed off he had to end his team (most likely because Aether wouldnt pay them anymore)

Even fucking Faba at the very least lost his position, Guzma wasnt punished at all and he's still a dick
>>
>>31113174
He does show that he wants to change.

Yeah, he probably should have seen some punishment, but besides Po Town, he only did really petty shit anyways. Not like he conductes gross experiments on Pokemon or summoned monsters into our realm.
>>
>>31112775
Agreed.
Guzma wasn't an over the top supernatural anime villain. He was just.. a guy?
He was obviously a pretty competent kid, he's got a lot of trophies from competitions in his room and there's a picture of him in his house on Route 2 where he's depicted as happy, smiling, and holding his island challenge pendant proudly. There's some rather grim hints in the game that his father beat him at some point in his life, which would obviously traumatize him to a pretty extreme degree. He also couldn't become a captain, so I can only imagine his confidence was pretty shot from that.

Lusamine is the only adult who ever took him seriously, which is why the two of them were working together. As soon as Lusamine is sent to the hospital in Kanto and the Aether Foundation is reformed, he returns home and disbands Team Skull.

Personally, I like Guzma! He's pretty complex and, of course, ya boy.
>>
>>31112619
He's a nigger on the inside.

>steals
>wasted potential
>expects handouts
>>
>>31112636
My dude, you just did not grasp the subtle panache of my boy's minimally baroque lines.
>>
I want to know why he was so opposed to the Pokemon League being built, to be honest. I get him being against the island challenge, but did they ever explain why he hated the new establishment?
>>
>>31113037
understanding =/= excusing
>>
>>31113323
Because despite hating the island challenge for not being able to become a Captain he likes it deep inside because it's his island culture and shit. Basically, he's just being tsun tsun pls pay attention to me it's not like I like you or anything b-baka.
>>
>>31113306
My boy.

These boneheads need to get these lessons through their thick skulls, no doubt.
>>
>>31112619
>be angsty kid and throw a temper tantrum
>get surrounded by a bunch of other dropouts that support you as king dropout
>10/10 chick magic markers your emblem above her crotch
>another 10/10 super model genius trillionaire milf hires you to go around wrecking stuff and generally be a goon

Does anyone here honestly need anymore incentive?
Imagine if you could bail on your life right now and have so much fucking power that they have to quarantine a town.

If the PC's incentive is just to "get stronger", than it works for Guzma too.
>>
>>31113323
In order to challenge the Pokemon League, trainers must complete their Trials as a prerequisite.
>>
>>31112619
Wasn't it because he wanted to be a Trail Captain but in typical form the Tapus shit all over him and picked a depressed ex-cop instead?
>>
>>31113267
>There's some rather grim hints in the game that his father beat him at some point in his life

wait I thought it was Guzma that beat his father?
>>
>>31112831
>beaten by being the original leader/founder of team skull by some kahuna
truly
>>
File: guzma tapu.jpg (84KB, 540x433px) Image search: [Google]
guzma tapu.jpg
84KB, 540x433px
>>
Guzma has literally been a second place loser his entire life. He is pretty much full nihilist and trolling IRL all the time because he knows being second place is all he'll ever be. There's nothing motivating him.
>>
Doesn't he go training again with Hala at the end? Like back when they were master and student?
>>
>>31112824
kek
>>
>>31114660
>picking a failure as a kahuna
lol
>>
>>31112632
a lotta pussy.
there were a lotta female sluts about his compound. they were all probably homeless or rebelling against daddy, guess what they have to do to get in his club.
>>
File: On the Guz.png (137KB, 1307x567px) Image search: [Google]
On the Guz.png
137KB, 1307x567px
>>31114713
Thank you for reminding me to save this onto my new laptop.
>>
Lifetime of coming in third and child hood filled with abuse
>>
>>31112632
Himself
>>
>>31113174
Well, he does get mindfucked by a UB and have his whole team disbanded. Then he's back at his parents' house like a loser, where he obviously never wanted to be again. And it's suggested at the end that he'll turn himself around with Hala's help and even shows you respect by giving you his childhood good luck charm when you beat him again.

He does nothing to redeem himself in game but the game suggests he's on the path to that. The story was too short and rushed to give any character other than Lillie a really satisfying conclusion anyway so I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
LOVE ME SOME GUZ

>>31112775
this guy gets it
>>
>>31112899

What? His mom seemed okay, but it was pretty damn clear that his father was an physically abusive asshole.
>>
>>31112619
Underachiever who finally got his shit together but was always underappreciated by the authority figures so was too bitter to work with them and worked with the bad guys instead who saw his value.
>>
Did he end up being a lot darker you guys expected? I thought he'd be funny and over the top like the rest of team skull but he's actually really fucked up in a surprisingly realistic way
>>
>>31120233
Pretty much, and I expected him to help us take on Lusamine rather than him being manipulated into working for her. Made me hate that bitch all the more.
>>
>>31113174

I got the feeling he treated Gladion pretty well, and doesn't he have pokemon that only level up with friendship like Gladion did?

To me he is an insanely bitter man but not really an asshole. I mean team skull isn't going around doing drive-bys and shit
>>
>>31112831
>beaten by his dad

;_;
>>
>>31112619
I thought Guzma was pretty okay til I found out he probably gets violent with his grunts. Archie will forever be the most bro-tier villain.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.